Author Topic: [GB] EnjoyPBT Slate  (Read 81671 times)

Offline Kavik

Re: [GB] EnjoyPBT Slate
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:21:58 »
This is odd to hear. I actually noticed how nice my spacebars from this set sound and how snappy they are (they feel like a Model M spacebar almost [the best spacebar ever]). I'm using them with Zeal stabs and 67g Zealios and Gateron Greens.

Are you guys using light switches? Maybe mine return because of the heavier switch spring. I'll look more closely when I get home.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:40:42 »
This is odd to hear. I actually noticed how nice my spacebars from this set sound and how snappy they are (they feel like a Model M spacebar almost [the best spacebar ever]). I'm using them with Zeal stabs and 67g Zealios and Gateron Greens.

Are you guys using light switches? Maybe mine return because of the heavier switch spring. I'll look more closely when I get home.

Mine feels a bit better on a board with holy yoks, but the one that doesnt return correctly is on a gateron ink.  Thats not a light switch by any means.  Probably just different for each space bar, unfortunately.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:14:07 »
Thanks so much for the replacement B&N keys Hiney
Nothing's felt quite as good as pbt on my 1/60 so I've just been using gateron blanks before this set arrived.
Now it's perfect!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #253 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 18:58:13 »

Mine feels a bit better on a board with holy yoks, but the one that doesnt return correctly is on a gateron ink.  Thats not a light switch by any means.  Probably just different for each space bar, unfortunately.

I checked my cyan and gray 6.25u spacebars, and I don't see any issues. I can tell that the right stab insert is ever so slightly closer to the inside wall of the stab housing, but there's still clearance on both sides. I wonder if there are slight differences in spacing among PCBs for the stabilizers. I know the stab wire length is fixed, but there is a little bit of play between the wire ends and the inserts.

Anyway, I'm just adding another data point. Sorry you have a bad experience with it.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 21:14:13 »

I checked my cyan and gray 6.25u spacebars, and I don't see any issues. I can tell that the right stab insert is ever so slightly closer to the inside wall of the stab housing, but there's still clearance on both sides. I wonder if there are slight differences in spacing among PCBs for the stabilizers. I know the stab wire length is fixed, but there is a little bit of play between the wire ends and the inserts.

Anyway, I'm just adding another data point. Sorry you have a bad experience with it.

Yeah, i figure it's just a batch thing.  I guess I could try to get a replacement but that seems like a hard thing to check for.  You would have to actually mount the keycap to a board to check.  I've tried it on 5 different boards and it hasn't worked on a single one.  That also covered 4 different types of stabilizers (GMK plate, GMK PCB screw in, Zeal, knock-off GMK).  I have way too many sets as it is, so I'm just going to sell it.  It would work fine on a costar board.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:14:20 »
Is there an update on the missing 6.5u spacebars?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:30:37 »

Not yet. Still waiting to see what Wei will say.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:36:44 »
Lube will help if you haven't used any yet on the stabilizer insert (between the insert and the stabilizer housing wall)

Unfortunately the stabs are already lubed. As a point of reference, I’m using GMK screw-in stabs and Zealios V1 67g switches.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline geekit

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:07:28 »
Mine's just arrived! At a glance, they look good. Fingers crossed - hopefully no issue with any keys.

Offline geekit

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 09:55:02 »
Here goes (FYI the white balance sucks):

First impression: it's a beautiful set. I got the base + ortho 40 kits. ePBT feels a bit grainy but not as coarse as the KPRepublic DSA PBT set I own. Thickness, they are more or less equal. Legends are sharp & crisp. At a glance I don't see any noticeable warping. Also, seems like there are extra keys: one 1U backspace and 1U Fn (in yellow rectangulars)?

I think my row profiles are all OK.. (Keyboard cherry profile noob here. Would appreciate if someone can help to check).

Don't have chance to test them on a real keyboard - probably weekend.

If one ask me what can be improved, I'd like to see more contrast between the alphas and the modifiers. Perhaps make the alphas slightly brighter, or the modifiers slightly darker. Also, compared to the red & blue accents, the teal/aquamarine looks too bright. But yeah those are kinda nitpicking. All in all, I think it successfully fulfills the original goal of Slate (or Concrete). Good job Hiney for the set!

Offline walie

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 21:56:55 »
I can also confirm that my 7u spacebars on both my base kit and spacebar kit are borked. The base kit spacebar is extremely sluggish and barely goes back up while the teal spacebar is somewhat usable but is not as smooth as spacebars from other kits that I own. Tried in two keyboards one with tealios and the other with zealios and both of which have genuine cherry screw in stabs lubed with 205g0. This is really disappointing because they're the least warped ePBT spacebars out of the box that I've ever seen.

Can anything be done? Because as it stands this kit is useless to me as all my keyboards are either HHKB or Tsangan form factor.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 22:09:51 »
I can also confirm that my 7u spacebars on both my base kit and spacebar kit are borked. The base kit spacebar is extremely sluggish and barely goes back up while the teal spacebar is somewhat usable but is not as smooth as spacebars from other kits that I own. Tried in two keyboards one with tealios and the other with zealios and both of which have genuine cherry screw in stabs lubed with 205g0. This is really disappointing because they're the least warped ePBT spacebars out of the box that I've ever seen.

Can anything be done? Because as it stands this kit is useless to me as all my keyboards are either HHKB or Tsangan form factor.

Try heating them up and bending them into positions where the work with the stabilizers.                     
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline walie

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 23:52:25 »
So warp them intentionally? Thats a unique solution...

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 23:54:22 »
Sorry to see people are having issues with spacebars. I figured it may be an issue knowing how EPBT has been historically. I can confirm I tested spacebars here and there for "flatness" but not actual fitment, as I didn't have the time to do that during the packing phases. As weird as it sounds a hair dryer/heat gun is a proven method to getting them to fit better, it's up to the end user to do it though.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 00:01:35 »
My spacebars seem to be fine. Straight and fit the stabilizers without any issues. Sorry to see that some people are having issues.

Offline walie

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 00:02:41 »
yeah I used a hair dryer to flatten ePBT spacebars, but never to bend them the other way. I'm a bit hesitant to do it as its a bit tricky to figure out exactly where its sluggish and I don't want to make it worse.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 00:17:22 »
my 7u seems to fit ok.

what about leaving it in hot water for a minute then jamming it on? (after wiping the water off)

Offline dantambok

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 00:21:33 »
still waiting for my set to arrive, hopefully i wont have problems  :'(
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline crd

• Discord: crd#7617
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 00:53:01 »
I also have issues with my 7u space bars. Just another data point. I kind of expected it so not really surprising but I will be avoiding other epbt sets

Offline walie

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:44:39 »
my 7u seems to fit ok.

what about leaving it in hot water for a minute then jamming it on? (after wiping the water off)

Thanks for the tip, a few tries with a hair dryer and I managed to get the spacebars to a point where its pretty usable. Its not 100% fixed, so I probably need to heat it up a few more times to get it to stick but its a lot better than what it was before.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:30:54 »
Yeah I’ve flattened spacebars with a hairdryer before, but I don’t know what you’d do to fix this particular issue.  If anyone mods the Spacebar successfully let me know

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 22:28:05 »

Figured I'd check in again and see if you had any news on the missing space bars.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 22:28:40 »

Figured I'd check in again and see if you had any news on the missing space bars.

They've been radio silent to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

« Reply #273 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 02:34:15 »

After all sets have arrived correctly - thanks Hineybush!
Now I realize I only have, in a total of 6:
6u, 6.25u, and 7u spacebars in both colors.

6.5u spacebar is indeed a quite unusual setting.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline igke

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 06:09:19 »
Saw my slate for the first time today. Looks perfect. Just what I wanted. Cheers Hiney!

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 08:18:15 »

I just realized it was the 6.5u spacebar that was missing.  I was thinking 6.25U.  6.5U isn't even usually included in many kits I thought.  Well that's interesting, I was avoiding some aftermarket sales thinking it was missing 6.25U spacebars, but if 7U and 6.25U are included I may try to snag a kit.  Thanks!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 13:04:43 »

I just realized it was the 6.5u spacebar that was missing.  I was thinking 6.25U.  6.5U isn't even usually included in many kits I thought.  Well that's interesting, I was avoiding some aftermarket sales thinking it was missing 6.25U spacebars, but if 7U and 6.25U are included I may try to snag a kit.  Thanks!

6.5u is definitely unusually, but it's part of the reason I wanted the set. I could finally swap the keycaps on my CM Quickfire TK.

Offline kuchann

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 02:14:19 »
Have all mykeyboard.eu orders shipped?

I emailed for an update a few weeks ago but no rsponse

Offline chakkii

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 06:25:20 »

Haven’t received my order either and they didn’t reply via email but I had an answer via Instagram and they told me that all orders  are shipping right now so I guess they will arrive around next week hopefully.

Offline Norde

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:41:05 »
Got my sets today and both 6.5U space bars are missing. Also B key is in wrong profile.

I just sent an email about these issues.

I bought my sets from the Kbdfans.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:43:11 »
Got my sets today and both 6.5U space bars are missing. Also B key is in wrong profile.

I just sent an email about these issues.

I bought my sets from the Kbdfans.

Afaik no 6.5u spacebars were made, and I still haven't gotten word on if they'll make them or not.

B key again? that's the third one lol, hopefully they'll replace it for you. I don't have any left

Offline Norde

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 00:57:34 »
The answer came quickly, as I expected. Missing keycap B is on the way and I got a tracking number. Now I'm just sitting and waiting.

I was told that there was an error in the picture and the 6.5U space bars do not exist.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 07:39:53 »
The answer came quickly, as I expected. Missing keycap B is on the way and I got a tracking number. Now I'm just sitting and waiting.

I was told that there was an error in the picture and the 6.5U space bars do not exist.

That's news to me - will follow up with them.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 18:26:25 »
Got mine early this week and everything is fine. Thanks, Hiney.

Offline zstsc

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 01:14:15 »
I missed this GB. These are so muted and clean! Are there anymore extras lying around?

Offline PSLu

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 16:47:46 »

Haven’t received my order either and they didn’t reply via email but I had an answer via Instagram and they told me that all orders  are shipping right now so I guess they will arrive around next week hopefully.

Any updates? No caps, no response via email until yet.

Offline L0NE ST4RR

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 13:45:01 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Any updates? No caps, no response via email until yet.

Ich habe meines heute bekommen. Wenn du ein bisschen abgelegener wohnst, dauert das vielleicht ein bisschen länger. Ich hatte aber auch irgendwann einen E-Mail-Antwort bekommen.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2019, 14:00:09 by L0NE ST4RR »

Offline chakkii

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 13:46:41 »
received mine today as well. Maybe message them via IG or FB, they usually respond faster on social media than via email.

@hiney
my set seems nice so far, only the base kit 6.25u spacebar is kinda thin on one side. other spacebars seem fine.

Offline PSLu

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 16:40:38 »
Ich habe meines heute bekommen. Wenn du ein bisschen abgelegener wohnst, dauert das vielleicht ein bisschen länger. Ich hatte aber auch irgendwann einen E-Mail-Antwort bekommen.

Vielen Dank fürs Feedback.

Ich habe mit DHL-Versand bestellt und wohne fast in Sichtweite des DHL-Hubs in Radefeld ;)

Leider kündigt die DHL-App auch nichts an und die ist sonst sehr zuverlässig.

Offline L0NE ST4RR

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 12:45:45 »

Vielen Dank fürs Feedback.

Ich habe mit DHL-Versand bestellt und wohne fast in Sichtweite des DHL-Hubs in Radefeld ;)

Leider kündigt die DHL-App auch nichts an und die ist sonst sehr zuverlässig.
Ach was. Das ist ja gar nicht weit weg von Leipzig. Und ich dachte ich wäre der einzige in der Gegend mit diesem bizarren Hobby ;) Mir hat auf eine zweite Mail (die erste Anfrage habe ich am 27.5. geschickt) my.keyboard am 2.6. folgendes geschrieben: "Nothing went wrong with your order.  It is not shipped yet.  Most likely will be shipped the coming week!"
Am 7.6. kam dann die DHL-Mail mit Sendungsverfolgung.
Das scheint mir wie candykeys.de auch nur ein Zwei-Mann-Betrieb zu sein. (Habe da mal in den Sozialen Medien nach denen gesucht.) Vermutlich haben die es einfach noch nicht verschickt.
Ich muss aber auch sagen, dass einmal eine Paket niemals angekommen ist. Die haben mir natürlich den Preis erstattet und 5% Discount auf den nächsten Einkauf gegeben. Was jetzt nicht so der Knaller war. Lange war der Gutschein auch nicht gültig..

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:39:12 »
Finally got word about the 6.5u spacebars. Turns out that EPBT never had the molds, and did not want to make them for the set.

This was unknown to me until literally last night/today per the timestamps. The pricing on the kit was correct as they didn't account for the 6.5u spacebars when they gave pricing. If anyone feels inconvenienced enough by this to actually care, please PM me or email me and we can sort something out.

Offline notice

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 03:24:22 »
I just built a new keyboard and used this set.

seems like the n was printed on the wrong profile.

I know it is very late after the group buy but i did not have the time to check when I received the kits.

231190-0

231192-1

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 12:41:17 »

I know it is very late after the group buy but i did not have the time to check when I received the kits.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I doubt hiney is checking this thread currently, you might wanna try and contact him over discord.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 14:07:05 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I doubt hiney is checking this thread currently, you might wanna try and contact him over discord.

imagine not subscribing to your own threads

sadly i don't have any replacement keys at this point nor the ability to acquire any.

Offline tehfrawg

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 13:59:26 »
Is there any chance this GB will ever be run again? I would love to get my hands on a set

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:10:03 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:56:28 »
Is there any chance this GB will ever be run again? I would love to get my hands on a set
not in epbt at least. hopefully gmk eventually lol

Offline geekit

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 09:12:21 »

Slate will always have a special place in my heart - it is my first group buy ever, which, for the better or worse, has opened the floodgate of 4 other incoming key sets LOL.

Thanks Hiney for the hardwork!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 22:45:44 »
I had never realized until recently that I apparently have a "thing" for gray key sets.  If it's gray, I probably own it.  have to say, slate is in the top slot for best gray set ever made.  The gray is simply perfect.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:59:24 »

this makes me sad :(