Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Timeless | Pre-orders Live  (Read 40979 times)

Offline VXQN

Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | Final Kitting Announced | Looking for collabs
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 03:24:21 »
International kit is missing the R4 "\|" for UK ISO. I like the set, but at this point I have to suggest not going with GMK...

Offline salgiza

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 03:33:26 »
No love for southern europe makes salgiza sad :(

Anyway, I know that south kits don't yet move that many units, so I'll still let you eat pizza and paella in peace ;)

Just one thing, though: would you mind calling the Internation kit "Norde" or "North"? I know that some people also call Norde kits "International", but others use it to name kits that include both Norde and additional keys for other layouts (mostly ES), and using the same name for both makes my life miserable when I try to search for the later.

Offline ad4m

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 09:28:05 »
I personally dont think of this as "timeless" looking at all. Just looks like GMK Café, or just a set matched from your logo colors from The Right PC. I respect your attempts to constantly improve your set kitting and manufacturing wise but the set doesnt own up to the name in my humble opinion.

Offline bball2

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 10:22:25 »
One thing I would request is a mod colored tilde / pipe in the base kit. Seems to be a pretty divisive issue with a lot of interest checks, but I think most ePBT sets have had them before.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 16:06:19 »
I personally dont think of this as "timeless" looking at all. Just looks like GMK Café, or just a set matched from your logo colors from The Right PC. I respect your attempts to constantly improve your set kitting and manufacturing wise but the set doesnt own up to the name in my humble opinion.

I appreciate the take. Timeless is a pretty broad theme to grasp visually, but I took the inspiration from classic designs that use whites, greys, and wood/beige tone colors, which I think reflects a timeless aesthetic. We opted not to go with any novelties, instead we'll be releasing some desk mats that we think will tie in the set, as well as hopefully partnering with some brass/metal artisan makers to enhance the timeless aesthetic experience.

International kit is missing the R4 "\|" for UK ISO. I like the set, but at this point I have to suggest not going with GMK...

We have a R4 >< in the base kit that covers that key. We decided to go with ePBT instead of GMK due to the insane wait times.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 22:01:05 by imivanh »

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | Vendors Finalized | Looking for Artisan Collabs
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 09:00:15 »
I like this set, looks nice!  Don't worry about the people complaining  :thumb:

Offline ad4m

Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | Two More desk mats revealed! | Waiting for Quotes
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:21:28 »
the deskmats arent really much for the overall aesthetic of the design. i get this is inspired by design language but 3d and lightning doesnt really do it for me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:23:45 by ad4m »

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:10:26 »
I really appreciate the improvements in this set - it has come a long way.

I'd like to note that your current 40s kit is designed to be paired with base, but it would be much more efficient money-wise for 40s users if they could pair the 40s kit with your alt alphas. It's not essential, but I encourage you to consider designing 40s to pair with your alt alphas rather than base.

Offline abucazu

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 03:49:35 »
Please consider ISO Spanish support in the International kit. It would be an insta buy for me  :-[
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 September 2021, 03:57:30 by abucazu »

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | GB Begins Oct 4th - Nov 1, 2021 | Pricing Announced!
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 14:00:14 »
Since the last update I've:

- Finalized Vendors
- Finalized Collabs
- Finalized Desk Mats
- Finalized Group Buy Date: Oct. 4th - Nov. 1st, 2021
- Pricing Announced

We're ready for GB!

Offline milka158

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 05:38:46 »
Why is the Base Kit with Eloquent Clicks so expensive? Why is it not a 1:1 conversion like all other kits.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 05:42:57 by milka158 »

Offline balbin

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 01:12:33 »
I also wonder why there is such a markup for the eu vendor? Compared to other currently running epbt sets

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 15:58:28 »
Why is the Base Kit with Eloquent Clicks so expensive? Why is it not a 1:1 conversion like all other kits.

I also wonder why there is such a markup for the eu vendor? Compared to other currently running epbt sets

Not sure to be honest, I’ll inquire

Offline badswimmeriam

Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | GB Begins Oct 4th | First Metal Artisan Collab Revealed!
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 18:20:53 »
this is a nice set, not really sure why people say its the same as GMK cafe cause honestly its not. Your kitting is amazing and i just realized if you get a base kit and Dark Alphas, you could fit 2 boards! honestly im happy you switched to ePBT, the recent gmk delivery had quality issues with machining marks, and my recent ePBT grand tour were way better than bthe older ePBT sets. Wish you all the best, excited theres finally a date for this!

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | GB Begins Oct 4th | First Metal Artisan Collab Revealed!
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 14:33:57 »

EU vendor has just updated their pricing to reflect a 1:1 conversion!

this is a nice set, not really sure why people say its the same as GMK cafe cause honestly its not. Your kitting is amazing and i just realized if you get a base kit and Dark Alphas, you could fit 2 boards! honestly im happy you switched to ePBT, the recent gmk delivery had quality issues with machining marks, and my recent ePBT grand tour were way better than bthe older ePBT sets. Wish you all the best, excited theres finally a date for this!

Thank You! The base kit and dark alphas were designed to be able to possibly fit two boards! We opted not to do a full dark base kit due to the crazy cost of doing a full reverses dye sub kit.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | GB Begins Oct 4th, 2021 | THOK Artisan Revealed!
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 14:36:19 »
9/26/2021 Updates

- EU Vendor pricing adjusted
- THOK Collab revealed. This is a CNC Brass PVD coated artisan.

Basically everything is now ready for GB on Oct. 4th, 2021. A couple of vendors will give their final pricing a couple of days before the GB starts.

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] ePBT Timeless | GB Live!
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:54:51 »
1 week into group buy now! Here’s the link to the GB thread. All updates will be there from now on.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114833