Author Topic: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 3055198 times)

Offline AgentZen

Re: [GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)
« Reply #850 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 19:46:27 »

The different weights were bagged separately. If you had accidentally placed them in the wrong bag, the stem colour on 65g is lighter than 67g. It also a significantly different bump feel.

Oh no, nothing you guys did wrong. Just certain I put a few in the wrong bag. Thanks for the tip.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #851 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 20:36:06 »

Update for those waiting on Thick lube:

Geekhackers will be finishing up packing the vials and has stated that they will be shipped out tomorrow! :) I should be receiving the package early May.

So how come my package is already in my home? Hadn't opened it yet though. Got it while I walking out to my studio.

I had a few thick lube kits left over. There are a few orders waiting on thick lube that purchased the pre-order thick lube kits.

I see.. A couple times ago you said that the pre order thick lube is the new one which is a fusion of thick and spring lube. As I already got my thick lube I assume what I get is the 'old' thick lube which only offers stem lubing not spring, correct?
[/quote]

You could still use thick lube for springs, you may still enjoy it. You'll always benefit from lubing switch parts, can't really go wrong. The new thick lube is just thicker and a new formulation.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:23:37 »

Update for those waiting on Thick lube:

Geekhackers will be finishing up packing the vials and has stated that they will be shipped out tomorrow! :) I should be receiving the package early May.

So how come my package is already in my home? Hadn't opened it yet though. Got it while I walking out to my studio.

I had a few thick lube kits left over. There are a few orders waiting on thick lube that purchased the pre-order thick lube kits.

I see.. A couple times ago you said that the pre order thick lube is the new one which is a fusion of thick and spring lube. As I already got my thick lube I assume what I get is the 'old' thick lube which only offers stem lubing not spring, correct?

You could still use thick lube for springs, you may still enjoy it. You'll always benefit from lubing switch parts, can't really go wrong. The new thick lube is just thicker and a new formulation.
[/quote]

Can confirm. Only used thick lube for my most recent switches and came out fine. Used minimal amounts on the spring and the cup/indent that the slider rests on. If you over lubricate though an annoying popping sound emerges as you press and release the switch - Less is more when it comes to lubing.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #853 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 04:30:19 »

You say kit, was there supposed to be something more than just the vial included with the thick lube?

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #854 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:32:15 »
Hey guys. How do you lube your Zealios? Same method as Ergoclear? I don't want to overdo it.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #855 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:37:14 »

You say kit, was there supposed to be something more than just the vial included with the thick lube?

Sorry, poor wording. Only a pre-mixed blend of Krytox lube in a vial is included.

Hey guys. How do you lube your Zealios? Same method as Ergoclear? I don't want to overdo it.

Depends on how you like your switches lubed. Lubing the legs will decrease the tactility due to the increased smoothness.

I personally lube front/back, legs, side rails (both steps), bottom housing guiding rails, pole, spring inside & out. Pretty much every contact surface and moveable part.

Offline Fetty AWP

« Reply #856 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:24:25 »

Depends on how you like your switches lubed. Lubing the legs will decrease the tactility due to the increased smoothness.

I personally lube front/back, legs, side rails (both steps), bottom housing guiding rails, pole, spring inside & out. Pretty much every contact surface and moveable part.
Lubed them all with the same lube? Like say thick lube for all the contact points or do you use different lubes depending on which contact point?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #857 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:33:03 »

Lubed them all with the same lube? Like say thick lube for all the contact points or do you use different lubes depending on which contact point?

Yes, with the same lube. Thin for linears, thick for tactiles. Spring used to have it's own lube, but newer revisions will use "thick".

Offline Fetty AWP

« Reply #858 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:58:29 »

Yes, with the same lube. Thin for linears, thick for tactiles. Spring used to have it's own lube, but newer revisions will use "thick".
Thanks for the quick answer! One last question, by "front/back" you mean the front and the back areas of the stem that rubs on the top housing?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #859 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 22:40:52 »
That's correct.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #860 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 10:06:16 »
Really? Damnit. I started lubing Zealios as: GPL105 springs / stem and sliders / rails / etc 105/205 mix

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #861 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 17:31:14 »
question -

i bought some zealios from the recent GB. can someone tell me the difference in feel between mounting these on an aluminum plate vs a steel plate?

Offline easy_john

« Reply #862 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 04:39:44 »
Orders 3096 and 3110 received today. Thanks from Russia.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
[GB] R2 PURPLE ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)
« Reply #863 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 19:02:46 »
question -

i bought some zealios from the recent GB. can someone tell me the difference in feel between mounting these on an aluminum plate vs a steel plate?
[redacted]

Steel = linears

Alu = Tactile
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:00:05 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #864 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 22:11:16 »
Finally got my order, but I have a question about applying the thick lube. Since it came in a vial, what would be the best way of getting it all out into a syringe? And what size of a syringe should I be looking for?
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #865 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 02:05:44 »
Finally got my order, but I have a question about applying the thick lube. Since it came in a vial, what would be the best way of getting it all out into a syringe? And what size of a syringe should I be looking for?

I'd highly recommend using a super fine paint brush. Trying to suck up all the lube with a syringe wouldn't be simple due to the thickness of the lube. You'd be pulling in air if you tried to slip the lube in while pulling some air on the sider. In addition to that, you'll need a special felt tip applicator for the luer lock if you'd like to lube with the syringe.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #866 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 10:15:57 »

I'll second the fine tip brush technique. I've created 2x Ergoclear boards using this method. Works fantastic.

Dispense small amounts of lube into a water bottle cap and use it to dip your brush in.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #867 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:08:32 »
Sorry new here but im looking to order zealios for my 60 build but im debating between ordering the R2 becasue they are in stock, or should i wait and pre-order the R3?
What is the difference between the R2 and R3?

Thanks,

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #868 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:11:18 »
Sorry new here but im looking to order zealios for my 60 build but im debating between ordering the R2 becasue they are in stock, or should i wait and pre-order the R3?
What is the difference between the R2 and R3?

Thanks,

I don't think there is any difference between R2 and R3.
Just certain weights are sold out at the moment which will be replenished in R3.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #869 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:14:00 »
oh! does R3 stand for "round 3" or Rev. 3" ?
Then i might as well order R3, but now i dont know which weight i want ughhhh :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:24:56 »
Which zealio feels similar to cherry blue?

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #871 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:34:26 »
Im thinking about ordering 78g zealios, does anyone else currently use those? are they way to heavy?

Thanks,

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #872 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:35:19 »
Then i might as well order R3, but now i dont know which weight i want ughhhh :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Round 2 and 3 are the same, one's just ready stock to be shipped, the other is pre-order.

Zealios are tactile switches, not clicky. In terms of weight, 62g is closest to Cherry blue, but 65g and 67g Zealios have been the most popular in R3.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #873 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:51:02 »

Round 2 and 3 are the same, one's just ready stock to be shipped, the other is pre-order.

Zealios are tactile switches, not clicky. In terms of weight, 62g is closest to Cherry blue, but 65g and 67g Zealios have been the most popular in R3.

Thanks man your the best! cant wait to try them out!

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #874 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:54:44 »
So R2 zealios are the ones in stock on your site?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #875 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 11:56:04 »

Offline NiceAndCreamy

« Reply #876 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 12:26:44 »
Having issues with leads/pins/leaves, whatever you want to call them, being LOOSE straight out of the bag. I was installing some sip sockets and had the leaves just fall out of the bottom with a slight shake. If I'm not mistaken this is a major cause of chatter and is unacceptable for a product of this price. I will be keeping all of the ones I find and expect some sort of compensation.

I had a very large order and I'm extremely disappointed and will now have to check every switch before installation.

Offline cmd

« Reply #877 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:04:00 »
Having issues with leads/pins/leaves, whatever you want to call them, being LOOSE straight out of the bag. I was installing some sip sockets and had the leaves just fall out of the bottom with a slight shake. If I'm not mistaken this is a major cause of chatter and is unacceptable for a product of this price. I will be keeping all of the ones I find and expect some sort of compensation.

I had a very large order and I'm extremely disappointed and will now have to check every switch before installation.

Out of 160 switches that I opened up to sip socket and lube, I didn't have one of the issues you are having so maybe you just got an unlucky batch? I would recommend emailing him directly or PM'ing him directly - I don't think you need to post what you did in the thread when you could have just approached Henry.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #878 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:36:23 »

Out of 160 switches that I opened up to sip socket and lube, I didn't have one of the issues you are having so maybe you just got an unlucky batch? I would recommend emailing him directly or PM'ing him directly - I don't think you need to post what you did in the thread when you could have just approached Henry.
SIP'd and lubed 70 switches last night, only had 1 of the leaves break.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #879 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:09:06 »

Could seriously just be a bad bunch. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but no need to be really negative about it. Just talk to Zeal and I'm sure he'll be understanding.
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #880 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:56:27 »
Hey Creamy, could you please send me an email? I'll definitely have your case investigated and will bring it up to Gateron. I'll see what I can do once I receive more details.

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #881 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:43:14 »
Can u shipping to VietNam?
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #882 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 02:47:28 »
Can u shipping to VietNam?

Yes, I can. I offer Canada Post (untracked) and DHL Express (3-5 Business days) to Vietnam.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #883 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 14:33:01 »

front/back of what?  I guess the legs are the legs of the stem? the side rails are the sides of the stem?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #884 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 16:41:48 »

front/back of what?  I guess the legs are the legs of the stem? the side rails are the sides of the stem?

"front" is the part above the leg, "back" is the opposite face, on the back end. Legs=legs, side rails = sides of the stem.

Offline spwath

« Reply #885 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 16:28:20 »
Yay, got my plates, now im zealing them up.
138233-0