Author Topic: MX Red Switches for Typing?  (Read 59288 times)

Offline blackbox

Re: MX Red Switches for Typing?
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 17:40:24 »
I could add that I also think that vintage mx blacks feels smoother than new mx blacks.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline aref

Re: MX Red Switches for Typing?
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 19:54:35 »
Beating the Red-O-Ring Thing into Submission

I may as well beat lthe subject of red o-rings a little more. I have two K65 MX Red keyboards, I like the KB that much, and one has red o-rings, the other bare switches. I've been alternating keyboards to see whether or not red o-rings are novelty. Both keyboards feel good; but the o-ring keyboard feels more fluid for typing, which is all I do on my KBs. However, when I want a change in feel, I'll take out the bare switch and use it for a bit; then return to the preferable feel of the keyboard with o-rings. I like the quiet and no matter how forceful I strike each key, the keyboard feels much easier on my digits than the bare switch.

I neither can extract anything more from MX Red switches with o-rings, nor say that you should continue to read these posts on the subject... 
unless I offer each reader an incentive like a free set of luggage, a Chia Pet, or a Ginsu knife. Actually, I think it preferable to make this the end-point for... well, I'm sure you get it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:43:49 by aref »