Author Topic: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad [Completed] *UPDATE* PCBs and R2 plan  (Read 189593 times)

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - 90% Shipped
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 03:10:35 »
My first keyboard from GB  ;D

Thanks Roz for the fast GB!

Show Image

Looks fantastic!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:17:08 »
Just got my board over the weekend also.  The reinforced outer packaging held up well.  The duct tape makes it that much better.   :thumb:

rozakiin, I noticed there is a blue angled feet you're posting.  Was I suppose to get the angled feet in blue color when I get the blue case?  I have the silver color now.

Could you post the file for the Acrylic Diffuser so I can make another one if I needed to?

Thanks for a smooth and fast GB from you.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:57:39 »
Just got my board over the weekend also.  The reinforced outer packaging held up well.  The duct tape makes it that much better.   :thumb:

rozakiin, I noticed there is a blue angled feet you're posting.  Was I suppose to get the angled feet in blue color when I get the blue case?  I have the silver color now.

Could you post the file for the Acrylic Diffuser so I can make another one if I needed to?

Feet were all manufactured in silver unless you specifically requested a different color. It wasn't immediately apparent that this was the case, but it was stated shortly after the GB ended and he said to PM him if you wanted to change it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:02:29 by ChitownM2 »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:12:01 »

Oh, thanks.  I guess I missed that part after the GB.  Bummer.

Not a deal breaker though.  I'll just keep telling myself the contrast of the feet and the case is a unique feature of the UK78.   :cool:

Feet were all manufactured in silver unless you specifically requested a different color. It wasn't immediately apparent that this was the case, but it was stated shortly after the GB ended and he said to PM him if you wanted to change it.

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 17:05:30 »
Got mine in today! Looking forward to building it out! As the other said, packaging 2.0 was fantastic, and all looks good.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 01:12:48 »
My first keyboard from GB  ;D

Thanks Roz for the fast GB!

Show Image

This is what I think best exemplify the layout. Accent arrows are a damn good segue. Makes the whole board interesting and yet not clustered.

Offline Pragmatizm

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:41:26 »
Will there be any extra's for sale?

Offline Softkore

« Reply #407 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 11:43:29 »

There is a single extra case which he keeps dangling in front of anyone who asks. I talked to him 1.5 months ago about purchasing the extra case, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a very straightforward process for any of us. He posted about it on mechmarket the other day, with no real intention to sell it, so that he can a better idea of how much people are willing to pay - a bit underhanded if you ask me, but hey, it is a very desired case... I'm just salty because no one will sell me one ;)

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:08:01 »

There is a single extra case which he keeps dangling in front of anyone who asks. I talked to him 1.5 months ago about purchasing the extra case, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a very straightforward process for any of us. He posted about it on mechmarket the other day, with no real intention to sell it, so that he can a better idea of how much people are willing to pay - a bit underhanded if you ask me, but hey, it is a very desired case... I'm just salty because no one will sell me one ;)

Just to be transparent with everyone, the "Extra" is actually my personal kit that I can no longer afford to keep rather than traditional extra stock from cancelled orders or group buy funds. I understand your justified annoyance at me posting to mechmarket, I did have the intention to trade if something interesting came up but nothing did.
My intention is to sell the kit once I have the final orders sent off and all costs for this GB totalled (couple of weeks).

- Rozakiin

Offline Softkore

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:17:59 »

... I did have the intention to trade if something interesting came up but nothing did. ...

That's certainly not what I heard/saw, but I don't think it really matters. It's only one case, so even if you do intend to sell it, chances are slim that I'll get my hands on it. Unfortunately I won't continue to actively chase this case around, but I will definitely create some mechmarket posts over the next couple weeks if anyone is interested in letting theirs go. I've got a few things for trade, like a purple Klippe case and a Northern Lights Fugu, but would prefer to buy for paypal $$$. :)

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 20:19:00 »
So this is the first board I've bought that doesn't have a configurator for dummies. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started on programming the board.

I found the github page and the instructions on how to setup the build environment but I'm kind of lost after that. I'm sure someone has written a tutorial or similar that I can follow.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:22:20 »
So this is the first board I've bought that doesn't have a configurator for dummies. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started on programming the board.

I found the github page and the instructions on how to setup the build environment but I'm kind of lost after that. I'm sure someone has written a tutorial or similar that I can follow.

I would greatly benefit from this as well. My only builds prior to this was a Rama m10-a and a NerD 60, so needless to say I haven't had to learn any programming up to this point. Any help is greatly appreciated  :thumb:

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:03:00 »

I would greatly benefit from this as well. My only builds prior to this was a Rama m10-a and a NerD 60, so needless to say I haven't had to learn any programming up to this point. Any help is greatly appreciated  :thumb:

I recommend reading through https://docs.qmk.fm/ The two things to edit your layout are, to know how to compile the firmware and edit the keymap(mostly editing text in keymap.c)

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #413 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 16:31:11 »

I would also love a tutorial. I've read through all of the documentation on the QMK site and I'm still not able to get this to work. Not sure where I'm going wrong, but it's definitely not a simple process by any means haha

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 16:57:35 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:44:24 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline Traveler

[GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - 90% Shipped
« Reply #415 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 14:59:25 »
A proper "for dummies" tutorial for QMK would be a godsend. I can tell I'm going to be working on this for hours without one. If one doesn't pop up and I figure it out I'll write one up for you guys, but don't expect one from me any time soon.

Offline apothic_red

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 15:06:14 »
A proper "for dummies" tutorial for QMK would be a godsend. I can tell I'm going to be working on this for hours without one. If one doesn't pop up and I figure it out I'll write one up for you guys, but don't expect one from me any time soon.

I'm with you on this, haven't found the right tool yet for editing layout/function layers and reflashing on windows. I'll update if anything works out but a guide would be killer.

Offline apothic_red

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 12:30:13 »
UK78 QMK Flashing Guide - Windows 10

1. Get started by downloading the QMK firmware from github and extracting the archive to an easily accessible directory. To follow the guide completely in future steps extract and rename the folder to qmk_firmware and put in root of your C: drive, C:\qmk_firmware
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/archive/master.zip

2. https://docs.qmk.fm/getting_started_build_tools.html Follow the steps listed under Windows with msys2 to install the tools necessary to compile the firmware and create a .hex file. The correct terminal is "MSYS2 MingGW 64-bit" which I'll just refer to as msys2. One thing to note, once you have run "util/msys2_install.sh" pressing Enter at the package install prompts by default will install all the dependencies needed. If your terminal gets stuck trying to download a package from sourceforge and keeps trying like mine, hit Ctrl + C to stop the process and run "util/msys2_install.sh" again to continue.

3. Next we'll need to install DFU programmer to have Windows recognize the board in the bootloader state. Go here http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfu-programmer/files/dfu-programmer/0.7.0/ and download the .zip and extract. Run the provided executable. Open Device Manager and with your board plugged in press and hold Fn + R for a few seconds and Device Manager should refresh and have an unrecognized device, I believe it'll pop up as AT90USB128. Rick click this device and select update driver, browse my computer for driver software, and then browse to the folder dfu-programmer-win-0.7.0\dfu-prog-usb-1.2.2 this is inside the zip you extracted in this step. Have include subfolders checked and hit Next. If all went well you'll see your device under the category libusb-win32 devices.

4. We're ready to compile the QMK firmware to create our default hex file, open msys2 and navigate to your qmk_firmware folder. Run "make uk78-default" which will create a hex file based on the keymap here C:\qmk_firmware\keyboards\uk78\keymaps\default I'll go over editing and flashing your own hex in a later step.

5. I know there are multiple tools out there to flash QMK, but the one I eventually got working was Atmel's FLIP http://www.atmel.com/tools/flip.aspx Download and install the package, I needed the one with the JRE included.

6. https://thevankeyboards.com/pages/programming-guide Stage 2, Step 2 is where you can start for a visual guide of using FLIP to flash your keyboard. However instead of the atmega controller we'll select AT90USB1286. That's it, we're done!

Editing Keymaps

Make a copy of the keymap.c file found here C:\qmk_firmware\keyboards\uk78\keymaps\default and open it in your favorite text editor. Each layer is an array of QMK key codes, you can find out what they do here https://docs.qmk.fm/keycodes.html I've attached my own edited keymap, the general process is locate the desired key in the grid and replace the keycode with what you want on each layer. I've changed mine to have Numlock on the base layer and Delete on layer 1, caps lock is now also a layer modifier, and extra arrow keys on layer 1 Pok3r style to name a few. I've just started playing around with it and judging by the keycode docs there's a lot of cool possibilities.

Once you've got the desired keymap, create a new folder in uk78\keymaps and name it something unique. Back in msys2 run make uk78-"folder name" to generate a new hex file to flash.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 September 2017, 12:32:47 by apothic_red »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #418 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 14:20:02 »

1. Get started by downloading the QMK firmware from github and extracting the archive to an easily accessible directory. To follow the guide completely in future steps extract and rename the folder to qmk_firmware and put in root of your C: drive, C:\qmk_firmware
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/archive/master.zip

2. https://docs.qmk.fm/getting_started_build_tools.html Follow the steps listed under Windows with msys2 to install the tools necessary to compile the firmware and create a .hex file. The correct terminal is "MSYS2 MingGW 64-bit" which I'll just refer to as msys2. One thing to note, once you have run "util/msys2_install.sh" pressing Enter at the package install prompts by default will install all the dependencies needed. If your terminal gets stuck trying to download a package from sourceforge and keeps trying like mine, hit Ctrl + C to stop the process and run "util/msys2_install.sh" again to continue.

3. Next we'll need to install DFU programmer to have Windows recognize the board in the bootloader state. Go here http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfu-programmer/files/dfu-programmer/0.7.0/ and download the .zip and extract. Run the provided executable. Open Device Manager and with your board plugged in press and hold Fn + R for a few seconds and Device Manager should refresh and have an unrecognized device, I believe it'll pop up as AT90USB128. Rick click this device and select update driver, browse my computer for driver software, and then browse to the folder dfu-programmer-win-0.7.0\dfu-prog-usb-1.2.2 this is inside the zip you extracted in this step. Have include subfolders checked and hit Next. If all went well you'll see your device under the category libusb-win32 devices.

4. We're ready to compile the QMK firmware to create our default hex file, open msys2 and navigate to your qmk_firmware folder. Run "make uk78-default" which will create a hex file based on the keymap here C:\qmk_firmware\keyboards\uk78\keymaps\default I'll go over editing and flashing your own hex in a later step.

5. I know there are multiple tools out there to flash QMK, but the one I eventually got working was Atmel's FLIP http://www.atmel.com/tools/flip.aspx Download and install the package, I needed the one with the JRE included.

6. https://thevankeyboards.com/pages/programming-guide Stage 2, Step 2 is where you can start for a visual guide of using FLIP to flash your keyboard. However instead of the atmega controller we'll select AT90USB1286. That's it, we're done!

Editing Keymaps

Make a copy of the keymap.c file found here C:\qmk_firmware\keyboards\uk78\keymaps\default and open it in your favorite text editor. Each layer is an array of QMK key codes, you can find out what they do here https://docs.qmk.fm/keycodes.html I've attached my own edited keymap, the general process is locate the desired key in the grid and replace the keycode with what you want on each layer. I've changed mine to have Numlock on the base layer and Delete on layer 1, caps lock is now also a layer modifier, and extra arrow keys on layer 1 Pok3r style to name a few. I've just started playing around with it and judging by the keycode docs there's a lot of cool possibilities.

Once you've got the desired keymap, create a new folder in uk78\keymaps and name it something unique. Back in msys2 run make uk78-"folder name" to generate a new hex file to flash.

MVP right here. Fantastic guide; thanks :thumb: !

In Step 2, as an alternative you can also install Linux Subsystem for Windows https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/ instead of msys2. Then run util/wsl_install.sh to install all of your dependencies. It attempts to install dfu-programmer automatically as well, which might let you skip running the .exe in Step 3.

As you stated in Step 4, running "make" in the root folder is important. I kept trying to run it in the uk78 folder and banged my head against the wall because it wasn't working haha.

Just a few extra thoughts from my failures. I've yet to try flashing, so I'll definitely be following your instructions for that. Thanks again for the guide!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - 97% Shipped
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 05:49:12 »
I've been running into issues with my UK78. At work, I have a laptop which I use with a dock (both Dell products). 25% of the time when I undock the laptop to take to another room or something my UK78 suddenly enters bootload mode. This means I have to use the laptop keyboard to go and reflash my firmware in order to get the keyboard working again. After reflashing the keyboard works normally.

Could this be related to the bootmagic firmware setup which was fixed earlier in the QMK repo, Rozakiin? I'm flashing the fixed version right now, hoping it fixes this issue aswell.

EDIT: reflashing the fixed firmware did not fix my missing RGui when changing typing languages. Will reflash with RGui replaced with LGui for the sake of just getting this fixed. Will monitor whether the reflash fixed my docking triggered bootloading mode issues.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:05:44 by ojrask »
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:14:43 »
That Guide for Windows is Money, mac is easier, but im not familiar with git hub... i understand how to get the keymap and edit but when i ran the make command i got: No rule to make target `uk78-default'.  Stop.

a guide on QMK for mac would be great

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:31:27 »
That Guide for Windows is Money, mac is easier, but im not familiar with git hub... i understand how to get the keymap and edit but when i ran the make command i got: No rule to make target `uk78-default'.  Stop.

a guide on QMK for mac would be great

Make sure you are in the correct folder when using the make command.

Offline lac29

« Reply #422 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:33:02 »
Was there any talk about a round 2 at some point in the future?

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:38:13 »

If I do a R2 I would prefer to change the cases design slightly, offering only one option to make it easier on my part while decreasing the cost for the buyers.

Offline lac29

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:57:06 »
Definitely an interesting perspective. I really value stuff like having the option to have a split backspace or split left shift.

I think layouts like these possibly offer even more flexibility/ergonomics in terms of split spacebar options as well.

That's just my opinion though.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 14:22:40 »
Definitely an interesting perspective. I really value stuff like having the option to have a split backspace or split left shift.

I think layouts like these possibly offer even more flexibility/ergonomics in terms of split spacebar options as well.

That's just my opinion though.

I do want to offer split back space but that will mean a redesign of the Pcb, so longer before R2.

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #426 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 18:46:26 »
getting an issue with DFU-Programmer on macOS.

Code: [Select]
MBP:qmk_firmware-master TheBestUkester$ sudo dfu-programmer AT90USB1286 erase
Checking memory from 0x0 to 0x1DFFF...  Not blank at 0x1.
Erasing flash...  Success

When I try to --force it:

MBP:qmk_firmware-master TheBestUketser$ sudo dfu-programmer AT90USB1286 erase --force

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #427 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 20:00:48 »

Alright so this is my first experience with this, so please bear with me. I made it past steps 1 and 2 with no problem, but I have a few (probably really stupid) questions about step 3.
I installed DFU programmer and attempted to run the .exe file, but all that happens is a quick flash of a window opening before immediately closing again. Here are my questions:

• Is DFU programmer meant to be saved in a specific location? I currently just have it saved in a folder labeled DFU in my C: drive
  • The window that launches when running dfu-programmer.exe is meant to stay open, correct? What is causing it to crash upon launching?
  • With my layout (1.25u, 1.25u, 1.25u, space, 1.5u, 1.5u) and the defualt keymap I do not have access to FN / Mo(1), just ALT and CTRL. How would I go about refreshing Device Manager with my UK78 in this situation? (sorry, it's been a long week and my stupidity is showing)

Thanks for the help!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 10:18:46 »
getting an issue with DFU-Programmer on macOS.

MBP:qmk_firmware-master TheBestUkester$ sudo dfu-programmer AT90USB1286 erase

When I try to --force it:

MBP:qmk_firmware-master TheBestUketser$ sudo dfu-programmer AT90USB1286 erase --force

I tried using `dfu-programmer` directly as well on Ubuntu and it did not work for some reason. Using `sudo make uk78-<layout>-dfu` worked instead. `cd` to the `qmk_firmware` root directory and run it from there. Quickly replugging the board and pressing the reset button might help if the command says "no device found" or similar when running the command.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
IC/GB:

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #429 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 15:57:56 »
I tried using `dfu-programmer` directly as well on Ubuntu and it did not work for some reason. Using `sudo make uk78-<layout>-dfu` worked instead. `cd` to the `qmk_firmware` root directory and run it from there. Quickly replugging the board and pressing the reset button might help if the command says "no device found" or similar when running the command.

I've been able to flash the board, but it has a bunch of issues and ends up back in bootloader after entering the secondary layer. I am hoping/guessing it has something to do with this non-erasable memory thing. Every time I attempt to reflash it I get that error.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #430 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 11:11:38 »

I've been able to flash the board, but it has a bunch of issues and ends up back in bootloader after entering the secondary layer. I am hoping/guessing it has something to do with this non-erasable memory thing. Every time I attempt to reflash it I get that error.

Have you tried using FLIP to flash the board, I don't have any experience with DFU-programmer myself.

Offline apothic_red

« Reply #431 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 09:21:34 »

Alright so this is my first experience with this, so please bear with me. I made it past steps 1 and 2 with no problem, but I have a few (probably really stupid) questions about step 3.
I installed DFU programmer and attempted to run the .exe file, but all that happens is a quick flash of a window opening before immediately closing again. Here are my questions:

• Is DFU programmer meant to be saved in a specific location? I currently just have it saved in a folder labeled DFU in my C: drive
  • The window that launches when running dfu-programmer.exe is meant to stay open, correct? What is causing it to crash upon launching?
  • With my layout (1.25u, 1.25u, 1.25u, space, 1.5u, 1.5u) and the defualt keymap I do not have access to FN / Mo(1), just ALT and CTRL. How would I go about refreshing Device Manager with my UK78 in this situation? (sorry, it's been a long week and my stupidity is showing)

Thanks for the help!

Probably doesn't have to be stored in a specific directory, not sure its needed after initial run either. I believe the executable is just a quick driver/library install so it does close itself pretty quickly, not crashing!

I have the same layout, and my right control 1.5u was Fn by default, you should be able to use that right modifier key + R to get into bootloader, or there is a physical button on the back of the PCB. Just nice to have a soft reset button mapped out so you don't have to disassemble the case to reset.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 09:48:30 »

If I do a R2 I would prefer to change the cases design slightly, offering only one option to make it easier on my part while decreasing the cost for the buyers.

Interesting, do you know what design you would go with? Which design was more popular for R1?

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:36:13 »

Interesting, do you know what design you would go with? Which design was more popular for R1?

Fjell Style was by far more popular, still working on the new design so nothing concrete on that.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:39:58 »

Fjell Style was by far more popular, still working on the new design so nothing concrete on that.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I think I already know the answer to this but is there any chance of a left numpad version? I'd probably need to pick up a second one if so... :)

Also, if anyone sees this an has a full aluminum base for the UK78, I'd love to buy one...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:55:23 »

Awesome, thanks for the info. I think I already know the answer to this but is there any chance of a left numpad version? I'd probably need to pick up a second one if so... :)

Also, if anyone sees this an has a full aluminum base for the UK78, I'd love to buy one...

Lets just say that it is in the pipeline.  ;)

Offline Softkore

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:57:50 »

Lets just say that it is in the pipeline.  ;)

Siiiiiick, my wallet and I have a love/hate relationship with your work... Mostly love :rolleyes:

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #437 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 19:48:53 »
Keyboard doesn't wake PC ... is there a setting i didn't program ... any ideas?

Offline Softkore

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:00:05 »
Has anyone had issues with stabilizers and the ISO Enter key? My Enter key won't fully return when my UK78 is in the ISO layout. It seems like maybe the stab wires are scraping against the plate, and the stabs can't fully rise? Has anyone else experienced this issue??? You can see a video of the problem here:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:20:36 »
It seems like maybe the stab wires are scraping against the plate, and the stabs can't fully rise?

Looks like that's whats happening. Strange to only be discovered now considering a lot of people use ISO for this board.

Is the stab wire fully in? I'm not too sure what else it could be.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:26:09 »
It seems like maybe the stab wires are scraping against the plate, and the stabs can't fully rise?

Looks like that's whats happening. Strange to only be discovered now considering a lot of people use ISO for this board.

Is the stab wire fully in? I'm not too sure what else it could be.

Stab wire is definitely fully in. I actually replaced the Cherry stabs for the Enter key with Zeal stabs, and have the same issue still. I fully desoldered and resoldered with no change. What's weird is that Rozakiin himself uses the ISO layout and doesn't seem to have this issue? The only difference I can see is that I'm using PBT instead of ABS keycaps, but they should be the same thickness (1.5mm).

Offline Petch

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 13:37:34 »
I had some similar issues with Zeal stabs, now only using GMK screw-ins

Offline Softkore

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 13:48:12 »
I had some similar issues with Zeal stabs, now only using GMK screw-ins

I was using GMK screw-ins when the issue started. I replaced that stab with a Zeal screw-in. My last full build used all Zeal screw-ins and had no issues whatsoever. I suspect this is entirely related to the plate design and that there are no issues with the stabs themselves.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - 100% Shipped
« Reply #443 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 06:24:08 »
Hi Everyone!,

Just to let you know that all kits have been sent out as of 25th Oct. If you have any issues then please contact me via Geekhack PMs or by email: UKKeyboards@gmail.com.

I will be creating a quick survey next week to find out what I could have done better with Design or Logistics, I would appreciate it if you could fill it out when it is posted :).

It has been a pleasure running this Group Buy and creating something for the community!
- Rozakiin

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 17:14:51 »
Thanks to you, Rozakiin. For me, everything went smoothly and could not be happier with the keyboard. :)
Current:
Coming up:
IC/GB:

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #445 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 07:50:12 »
Here is the Feedback form, only takes 30 seconds and it will help me improved the group buy experience in the future!

https://goo.gl/forms/M829dKm9rk6QLE882

Thanks,
- Rozakiin

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 08:01:48 »
Thanks rozakiin for running the GB.  I just fill out the feedback form with some of my suggestions.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #447 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 09:05:44 »
filled out the form. thanks for running the gb, was a pleasure  :thumb:

Offline mudcakehoney

[GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - 100% Shipped
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 15:11:44 »
Brautiful case happy for everyone, if anybody is looking to sell theirs unbuilt please pm me
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 October 2017, 15:21:30 by mudcakehoney »

Offline drigenser

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 16:02:07 »
Hi, are u going to make the same product later on? I have fall in love with this layout :))