Author Topic: [IC] GMK Apollo - Group buy starts Feb 25th! (PRICING RELEASED!)  (Read 134927 times)

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: [IC] GMK Apollo - Canadian Proxy Added!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 22:38:16 »
The 1U reverse keys are looking fire, haven't seen that before :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline octix

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 23:11:16 »
The 1U reverse keys are looking fire, haven't seen that before :cool:

Thank you :)

Discord: octix#0478

Offline greyjedi

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 08:22:51 »
Love the set, but I think it might be improved by addition of another color - gold to match the gold foil on the lunar lander, potentially as the accent color

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 09:50:00 »
I like the set a lot, and I like the desk mat, but I have a problem with them being put together. The mat depicts a fictional space disaster, maybe inspired by the movie Gravity. In contrast, notwithstanding the Apollo 1 fire, that program was a resounding success to be celebrated. I'd really recommend a different illustration on the mat. Maybe a render of the Earth as seen from the moon, with a lunar lander on the surface in the foreground.

Yeah, this has been the main source of feedback. I think I've decided to have a new deskmat design which will be in the same design style as this one. Instead, it will be of the moons surface, similar to the signature of the set, but more refined. The current deskmat will be run separately to this, so you will be able to get one or the other, or even both if you so choose!
Thanks for the feedback :)

This set is looking better everyday.  Glad you're changing up the deskmat.  I think what you're proposing to have it match closer to the signature is a cool idea.

Offline octix

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:05:36 »
I like the set a lot, and I like the desk mat, but I have a problem with them being put together. The mat depicts a fictional space disaster, maybe inspired by the movie Gravity. In contrast, notwithstanding the Apollo 1 fire, that program was a resounding success to be celebrated. I'd really recommend a different illustration on the mat. Maybe a render of the Earth as seen from the moon, with a lunar lander on the surface in the foreground.

Yeah, this has been the main source of feedback. I think I've decided to have a new deskmat design which will be in the same design style as this one. Instead, it will be of the moons surface, similar to the signature of the set, but more refined. The current deskmat will be run separately to this, so you will be able to get one or the other, or even both if you so choose!

This set is looking better everyday.  Glad you're changing up the deskmat.  I think what you're proposing to have it match closer to the signature is a cool idea.

Yeah. That will be the plan. There was enough interest for a deskmat like that in the feedback form, so it’s only right to go ahead with it.

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:08:46 »

Yeah. That will be the plan. There was enough interest for a deskmat like that in the feedback form, so it’s only right to go ahead with it.
So in essence, there will be 2 deskmats?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:51:11 »
On the enter key I think it would look more like a rocket without the flame, as it is now to me it looks more like a fountain pen.

Offline octix

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:58:33 »

In essence, yes. The current one shown had some continuity errors regarding Apollo. I saw this forthcoming, as the different objects don’t represent the Apollo missions as much as I’d like them to. The current one will be running separately (due to the amount of interest shown towards it) at the same time or possibly even earlier (I’ll keep the IC posted on that). A new deskmat is in the works as I’ve mentioned and that will be released along with the set.
Hope that answers your question.
Best,

Offline octix

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:59:23 »
On the enter key I think it would look more like a rocket without the flame, as it is now to me it looks more like a fountain pen.

Others have said this too, the rocket will be having a redesign :)
Thanks,

Offline yoscartaco

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 22:26:08 »
The 40s/Ortho kit is darn near perfect -- 1.25 R3 enter and two 2.25 spacebars are excellent inclusions. Are the 1.75 space keys convex? they don't look like it in the render. If not, could they be made convex? yes? please?

Also, some gmk sets are also starting to include 1.25u convex spacebars (e.g. camping in japan, coral) -- putting one in the 40s kit would be insanely awesome, though making the one in the spacebars kit convex would be good too.

Nice work on the whole set!

Offline whatplug

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 23:12:27 »
That desk mat is nutter butter ...

Offline alkali

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 23:50:16 »
I love those novelties! Please don’t change them, the only one that probably should is the rocket tbh. Maybe remove the flame and have bolder lines? Just an idea.
That deskmat too, amazing!
Great job on the whole set.

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 23:53:18 »

In essence, yes. The current one shown had some continuity errors regarding Apollo. I saw this forthcoming, as the different objects don’t represent the Apollo missions as much as I’d like them to. The current one will be running separately (due to the amount of interest shown towards it) at the same time or possibly even earlier (I’ll keep the IC posted on that). A new deskmat is in the works as I’ve mentioned and that will be released along with the set.
Hope that answers your question.
Best,
Thanks for the response and clarification - glad to see the existing deskmat will be offered at some point.

Offline octix

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 04:48:17 »
I love those novelties! Please don’t change them, the only one that probably should is the rocket tbh. Maybe remove the flame and have bolder lines? Just an idea.
That deskmat too, amazing!
Great job on the whole set.

Thank you!
Yeah, the rocket novelty will receive an updated design :)
I'll start work on it today.
Best,

Offline Hemenah

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 23:58:51 »
This is more than a want. This is a need
Also loving the clean and simple novelties. Not underdone, not overdone. Just right.
Is there a mailing list I can sign up to?

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 00:29:09 »
Love the way this is done. The cool tones are great. The small details and designs add great flare. I hope I have a chance to grab this.

Offline octix

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 02:01:15 »

This is more than a want. This is a need
Also loving the clean and simple novelties. Not underdone, not overdone. Just right.
Is there a mailing list I can sign up to?

Thank you! Yeah, there is a mailing list, the email you use on the google form will be used to notify you when the group buy goes live.

Love the way this is done. The cool tones are great. The small details and designs add great flare. I hope I have a chance to grab this.

Glad you like it :)

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 13:58:13 »
I remember seeing your Instagram profile for the explore tab on Instagram and then the landing page for this project, intuition told me that I was going to be a very interesting being but I was definitely surprised by the result. Definitely a instabuy!  :thumb:

Offline octix

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 20:13:17 »
I remember seeing your Instagram profile for the explore tab on Instagram and then the landing page for this project, intuition told me that I was going to be a very interesting being but I was definitely surprised by the result. Definitely a instabuy!  :thumb:

Offline Poohammer

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 02:49:23 »
I love the idea of this set. A couple suggestion, some of which has already been noted but I figured I’d reiterate. The mat is nice, but I’d suggest looking at the activities of the Apollo astronauts when they were on the surface- I think it was Charlie Duke who attempted to do some activities that mimicked the Olympic Games that were occurring at the time, and nearly fell over (which could have been serious injury or death). There’s someone who hit a golf ball up there as well (I’m drawing a blank on the name...).

I second the idea of a Saturn V rocket for the enter key that does not have a engine trail.

I’d also like to recommend a set of novelty modifier keys of a brownish/copperish/grayish look that show the mineral composition of the maré, which is present in some high resolution photos. I do some Astrophotography as a hobby, I’ll try to attach a picture. Photo credit: me, Instagram.com/mattkeysphoto

Anywho, great set, I look forward to it!

Cheers
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2019, 02:53:31 by Poohammer »

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 08:37:21 »

I’d also like to recommend a set of novelty modifier keys of a brownish/copperish/grayish look that show the mineral composition of the maré, which is present in some high resolution photos.

Now that you say that, I think copper colored enter and escape highlight keys might be better than the white (or in addition to them). The lander had so much exposed copper on it, and it could have a double meaning.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2019, 09:52:07 by Techno Trousers »

Offline octix

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 09:24:44 »

I’d also like to recommend a set of novelty modifier keys of a brownish/copperish/grayish look that show the mineral composition of the maré, which is present in some high resolution photos.

Now that you say that, I think copper colored enter and escape highlight Kris might be better than the white (or in addition to them). The lander had so much exposed copper on it, and it could have a double meaning.
Show Image

Yeah I think it would look awesome with some gold-ish accents to pay homage to the moon rover. I was possibly thinking of looking into metal gold colored spacebar and escape keys etc. that could be purchased as a kit of their own.
Love to hear feedback though :)
Best,

Offline dallman5

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 09:28:34 »

Now that you say that, I think copper colored enter and escape highlight Kris might be better than the white (or in addition to them). The lander had so much exposed copper on it, and it could have a double meaning.
Show Image

That would be a really cool idea for a Rama/Salvun cap since then it would actually be metal then.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline octix

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 17:26:47 »
I love the idea of this set. A couple suggestion, some of which has already been noted but I figured I’d reiterate. The mat is nice, but I’d suggest looking at the activities of the Apollo astronauts when they were on the surface- I think it was Charlie Duke who attempted to do some activities that mimicked the Olympic Games that were occurring at the time, and nearly fell over (which could have been serious injury or death). There’s someone who hit a golf ball up there as well (I’m drawing a blank on the name...).

I second the idea of a Saturn V rocket for the enter key that does not have a engine trail.

I’d also like to recommend a set of novelty modifier keys of a brownish/copperish/grayish look that show the mineral composition of the maré, which is present in some high resolution photos. I do some Astrophotography as a hobby, I’ll try to attach a picture. Photo credit: me, Instagram.com/mattkeysphoto

Cheers

Regarding the deskmat: I agree, the lunar surface would have to be a must on the mat, I like the idea of activity on it, I’ll see what I can do.
And regarding the modifier keys: I agree with you on this, having some brown/copper accents or modifiers would be awesome for a set like this. I think it would make it ‘pop’. I’ve also got lots of feedback to add gold into the set to represent the Apollo lander, so if there is enough interest I may go with that one.
Thanks for your support, and great photos! You are very talented.

Offline Hemenah

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 19:38:20 »

Cheers

Regarding the deskmat: I agree, the lunar surface would have to be a must on the mat, I like the idea of activity on it, I’ll see what I can do.
And regarding the modifier keys: I agree with you on this, having some brown/copper accents or modifiers would be awesome for a set like this. I think it would make it ‘pop’. I’ve also got lots of feedback to add gold into the set to represent the Apollo lander, so if there is enough interest I may go with that one.
Thanks for your support, and great photos! You are very talented.

I am so in for this, I think gold metallic keys would be great!
Count me in for this. :p
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2019, 19:45:21 by Hemenah »

Offline ref

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 10:19:34 »
nice mat,
3u spacebar in kit?

Offline Oakelfire

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 13:23:09 »
For the deskmat, something along these lines

https://images.app.goo.gl/ansQ7Nt6vkDtkoEp8

A horizon shot of the moon, with the lander. If done in a similar style to the current mat it would be pretty cool I think.

Offline octix

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 15:58:21 »
nice mat,
3u spacebar in kit?
Thank you,
There is no 3u spacebar as of yet, but if enough interest is shown, I can definitely add to the space kit :)

For the deskmat, something along these lines

https://images.app.goo.gl/ansQ7Nt6vkDtkoEp8

A horizon shot of the moon, with the lander. If done in a similar style to the current mat it would be pretty cool I think.

Yeah, this is a great idea for the new deskmat! Thanks for the image :)
Do you think that the negative space of the dark sky is good? Or should there be something there to fill it: E.G: The Command Service Module.
Thanks again,

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 16:03:22 »
Really like it, any chance we could see an extra B key in the space bars kit to cover the increasingly popular Alice layout?

Offline octix

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 16:13:36 »
Really like it, any chance we could see an extra B key in the space bars kit to cover the increasingly popular Alice layout?

Yeah, I think I'll have to since there have been a lot of acrylic Alice boards coming out.
I'll probably add it to the base soon :)

Offline alkali

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 23:39:17 »
Loving the set!
Im a huge space geek so this is the first GMK set I think I’ll purchase :)
Any thoughts on adding a text mod kit? I’m sure a load of people would like that.
Anywho, amazing set and I’ll definitely be copping that deskmat, really amazing.

Offline Bumps

Have been waiting for the right set to jump in on a group buy. This is the one for sure!

Offline octix

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 05:33:29 »
Loving the set!
Im a huge space geek so this is the first GMK set I think I’ll purchase :)
Any thoughts on adding a text mod kit? I’m sure a load of people would like that.
Anywho, amazing set and I’ll definitely be copping that deskmat, really amazing.

Thank you!
Yes, I am contemplating adding text mods. Lots of people voiced their opinions on wanting them on the google form so I think I might brainstorm some ideas.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Really dig this, I wish it had text and icon mods though.

Offline dallman5

I think icon mods suit this set the best, and therefore should be in the base kit. If adding a kit for text mods makes people happy then by all means add one, but please keep the base kit as is in that regard.

Also have you considered doing R5 bottom row? The molds exist now after Carbon R2 and are criminally underutilized in my opinion :)
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline octix

I think icon mods suit this set the best, and therefore should be in the base kit. If adding a kit for text mods makes people happy then by all means add one, but please keep the base kit as is in that regard.

Also have you considered doing R5 bottom row? The molds exist now after Carbon R2 and are criminally underutilized in my opinion :)

Yeah. If I were to add text mods, I would definitely keep it in a separate kit. The base kit is staying as is for now :)
A R5 bottom row would be a cool idea, if there is enough voiced opinion I can definitely look into this!
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:50:18 by octix »

Offline Hemenah

Yeah. If I were to add text mods, I would definitely keep it in a separate kit. The base kit is staying as is for now :)
A R5 bottom row would be a cool idea, if there is enough voiced opinion I can definitely look into this!

I definitely prefer icon mods, I’d keep the kit where it is now, looks really good. Any update on the new novelties?

Offline Jude.

Nice mat! Love the design and the set looks great.

Offline octix

I definitely prefer icon mods, I’d keep the kit where it is now, looks really good. Any update on the new novelties?

Revised enter novelty renders are coming soon yes. As for alternate designs, there are lots of opinions on the google form, so I’ll spend time curating those.

Offline servo

Just came from your Reddit post. Wanted to chime in and say that I’ll definitely be picking up this set as my first GMK set.
Also please keep this current deskmat I really love it.

Offline soulventic

What program was this render made on/who made this render?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
abec13 probably

Offline octix

abec13 probably

Correct! He is great  :thumb:

Offline snelltrail

Love the theme and the colors are nicely done and very neutral!

I'll add another vote for a second 'B' key. In the base would be great, but the in spacebars or even in the 40's kit would also be fine.

For my ne iso avail comment, I'd love to have a R3 1.25u Control key (similar to what GMK Darling has in its 40's kit). It's perfect for an HHKB-style 40 percent layout, with Tab on the top left mod and then Control in that left R3 mod. I realize it's pretty unorthodox but hey, it's still a key I'd love to see :P

Offline octix

Love the theme and the colors are nicely done and very neutral!

I'll add another vote for a second 'B' key. In the base would be great, but the in spacebars or even in the 40's kit would also be fine.

For my ne iso avail comment, I'd love to have a R3 1.25u Control key (similar to what GMK Darling has in its 40's kit). It's perfect for an HHKB-style 40 percent layout, with Tab on the top left mod and then Control in that left R3 mod. I realize it's pretty unorthodox but hey, it's still a key I'd love to see :P

Hey,

The 🅱️ key will certainly be coming to either the base or spacebar kit to support Alice functionality seeing how many acrylic Alice’s there we out there now.
As for the R3 1.25u control key, I can definitely see what I can do, if I did add it, it would probably be to the 40’s/ortho.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
Looks great! Very interested

Offline JinTea

I'm really looking forward to the deskmat even as a stand-alone! As long as it's being sold, I'm not going to pass this one up.

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
I am so in fir this! God bless the USA baby.

Offline martensson

This set is incredibly good looking, just finished watching Apollo 11 (2019), and it got me even more pumped to get join the GB. Added to watch list and joining for sure!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Thinking about it, some properly gold keycap to reflect the protecting gold film used in the missions on the landers would be exciting.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store