Author Topic: [GB] IFK Comfy - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Deskmat Samples Obtained (Mar 18)  (Read 21117 times)

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?

- March Feb 18, 2021 -
Update post and photos here.

I got the deskmat samples. Other than me wanting to adjust the light blue color it looks good. The production version should have a darker blue stitching around the border. Keycap manu is on time and expected to ship to vendors early/mid April it seems. However, since I want to adjust the deskmat color it may or may not delay shipping a bit depending on how fast they can color match and if we get another sample or not. I apologize but I want to get it right! Hopefully you can understand 🙇🙇🏻‍♀️

- Feb 18, 2021 -

Update post here to address some questions I've gotten on other platforms. ETA for shipping is still the same as previous update. Still waiting on 2nd deskmat samples.

TL;DR - the keycaps will match the prototype that I've spammed photos of. Deskmats will match renders of the mat shared during IC/GB. I will update with deskmat sample photos when I receive them.
Added an imgur album link of the prototypes to this post in case folks don't want to click through to Instagram or the old IC post.

Proto photos here (imgur)

- Update Jan 27, 2021 -
Per TKC via Discord:
"Comfy is near completion but will take a bit more time as CNY has rolled around for our manufacturers, expect for it to finish manufacturing and be on the way to us by the end of February, so [we] expect delivery to our proxies as well as us to be late March/early April"

Deskmats are currently in sample/color matching process. I have sent in updated coated Pantone/CYMK codes.

Link to IC Thread - changelog and proto photos here

Group Buy Period: September 25 - October 9, 2020 - CLOSED
Ashkeebs - Canada
Prototypist - Europe
Switchkeys - Oceania
The Key Company - United States
zFrontier- Asia

Pricing (USD)

Core Kit: $90
Add-on Kit: $45
Deskmats: :$25 each

SpaceCables matching cable will also be available :) !

Sets

Note: The navy/dark blue color on the prototypes were darker than intended. The final product will be 5% lighter to closer match the pantone chips.

Deskmats

ETA: April/May 2021 based on recent Infinikey Sets
Thank you for your interest! I hope you are all staying safe and doing well.
Socials and Thoughts
You can find me on Instagram
Special Comfy Webpage with all the details and updates
I'm active on Discord in the Gray Studio, Aether Hermera, Ashkeebs, and prjkt_ servers, among others! Feel free to say hello!
Thank you to the 'shills' on GrayStudiocord and Aether Hermera for support and feedback <3
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 March 2021, 11:56:17 by ghstgrl »
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Comfy PBT - (September 25-October 9)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 21:55:55 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 22:02:18 »
Hyyyyyyypeeeeeee

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 23:53:27 »
Thank you for the approval :)))) How exciting!
Upcoming:

Offline Pixzaheart

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:36:16 »
wow i'm sold on the deskmat

Offline indigowhale

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 21:35:47 »
Just found out about this from key company! Kinda hyped for this one.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 20:27:58 »
 :-X  Wow the first 24 hours has been really amazing and I'm forever grateful for the support!

The numbers for day 1 (a bit more than 24 hours, apologies) are:
Core Set: 219
Extension Kit: 89
Comfy Cats Deskmat: 142
Polka Dot Deskmat: 9
Triangles Deskmat: 6

Wow thank you for giving the comfy cats so much love :) It took me a long time struggling with Illustrator to get them just right but I'm glad people love them and some have chosen to 'adopt' them!
Upcoming:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 22:04:22 »
More
:-X  Wow the first 24 hours has been really amazing and I'm forever grateful for the support!

The numbers for day 1 (a bit more than 24 hours, apologies) are:
Core Set: 219
Extension Kit: 89
Comfy Cats Deskmat: 142
Polka Dot Deskmat: 9
Triangles Deskmat: 6

Wow thank you for giving the comfy cats so much love :) It took me a long time struggling with Illustrator to get them just right but I'm glad people love them and some have chosen to 'adopt' them!

Offline Winster

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 08:52:32 »
Wasn’t gonna miss this. Just got mine.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:17:52 »
Hello! Good morning/day/afternoon/evening wherever you are I hope you are doing well. The world is weird so I hope everyone is staying comfy : )

I'm back with another sales updates. Once again this isn't all of the vendors since I keep forgetting to update when I do get new numbers from other vendors :( .

In any case Comfy is doing way better than I could have ever expected! I continue to thank everyone who has shown support and love <3. If you've missed it Alexotos streamed a build using the prototype Comfy on my old blurple KBDfans 5 degree. (A build with my very first custom keyboard case, Gateron Yellows spring swapped with Sprit 68g progressive springs, a USB-C DZ60, alu plate, and some KBDfans foam.) It came out super pretty with the dark purple case and the blues and pink of Comfy.

Numbers as of September 30th:

Core: 380
Extension: 169
Comfy Cats: 290
Dots: 15
Triangles: 7

Upcoming:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 11:43:48 »
More
Hello! Good morning/day/afternoon/evening wherever you are I hope you are doing well. The world is weird so I hope everyone is staying comfy : )

I'm back with another sales updates. Once again this isn't all of the vendors since I keep forgetting to update when I do get new numbers from other vendors :( .

In any case Comfy is doing way better than I could have ever expected! I continue to thank everyone who has shown support and love <3. If you've missed it Alexotos streamed a build using the prototype Comfy on my old blurple KBDfans 5 degree. (A build with my very first custom keyboard case, Gateron Yellows spring swapped with Sprit 68g progressive springs, a USB-C DZ60, alu plate, and some KBDfans foam.) It came out super pretty with the dark purple case and the blues and pink of Comfy.

Numbers as of September 30th:

Core: 380
Extension: 169
Comfy Cats: 290
Dots: 15
Triangles: 7

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2020, 20:22:10 by dvorcol »

Offline Contrakey

• Contrakey
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 16:45:05 »
Really debating on whether i should get a deskmat or not.

Offline Dakukun

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 06:52:07 »
My first Keycaps GB order and I can't be happier!
Core, extension and cat deskmat ordered XD now I have to see which case can fit better with it

Offline gleneston

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 13:14:39 »
ABS or PBT? DyeSub or Double Shot? Also, this set is absolutely wonderfully done. Great work.

Offline Paitupai

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 05:22:25 »
it is not up yet on zFrontier, seems like they are currently on holiday, hopefully it'll be up before the GB period end, want to buy the set

Offline penatbater

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 06:12:45 »
it is not up yet on zFrontier, seems like they are currently on holiday, hopefully it'll be up before the GB period end, want to buy the set

It is. It's just not on the pages, but you can search for it. https://en.zfrontier.com/products/group-buy-infinikey-comfy?variant=32636065316942

Offline Paitupai

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 07:07:12 »

It is. It's just not on the pages, but you can search for it. https://en.zfrontier.com/products/group-buy-infinikey-comfy?variant=32636065316942

Thanks :thumb: didn't occur to me to use the search function.

Offline obzkure

• Mode Designs
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 07:47:07 »
I love the way that this colorway turned out. Looks great on dark grey keyboards. Good luck with the sale!

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:34:52 »
ABS or PBT? DyeSub or Double Shot? Also, this set is absolutely wonderfully done. Great work.

PBT Dyesub! Thank you :)

Thanks :thumb: didn't occur to me to use the search function.

Thanks for linking it! It does show up on the home page if you scroll down but not on the 'Preorders and Groubuys' page for some reason... in fact it looks like this is the case for any Infinikey set :( not sure why I never got a response about it...

Upcoming:

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:39:43 »

Had a strong weekend for Comfy as we come down to the home stretch! If you've missed out Alexotos put comfy on the beautiful Mode80 and wow did it surprise me how good Comfy looks on that grey/slate color <3.

Updated numbers for the North American vendors, extras not included!
Core Kit: 531
Extension: 238
Comfy Cats: 418
Polka Dots:24
Triangles: 8

Upcoming:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 20:21:28 »
More

Had a strong weekend for Comfy as we come down to the home stretch! If you've missed out Alexotos put comfy on the beautiful Mode80 and wow did it surprise me how good Comfy looks on that grey/slate color <3.

Updated numbers for the North American vendors, extras not included!
Core Kit: 531
Extension: 238
Comfy Cats: 418
Polka Dots:24
Triangles: 8

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [GB] Comfy PBT - (CLOSED)
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 02:33:22 »
GB period is over :O! (Though at the time I'm posting this it looks like it might still be up on some regional vendors' stores lol). Thank you for all the amazing support :) I'll hopefully have final numbers to share but TKC alone has 879 Core Kits, 399 Extension Kits, 664 Comfy Cats, 35 Polka Dots, and 9 Triangle mats sold (not including extras). That's like four times of what I was expected when I first posted the IC. I can't thank the community enough for the encouragement and feedback <3.

And now we wait for production 😅
Upcoming:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] Comfy PBT - (September 25-October 9) - CLOSED
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 13:54:41 »
Final TKC orders only, no extras

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2020, 16:48:23 by dvorcol »

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:27:04 »
Congratulations! Really great numbers. Now to wait for production. :thumb:

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 10:13:13 »
I forgot to mention the final numbers for kits - don't have deskmat numbers atm. Thanks for all the love and support <3

With extras:
Core Kit: 2224   
Extension Kit:  753
Upcoming:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 16:47:45 »
More
I forgot to mention the final numbers for kits - don't have deskmat numbers atm. Thanks for all the love and support <3

With extras:
Core Kit: 2224   
Extension Kit:  753

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [GB] Comfy PBT - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Manufacturing
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 02:14:56 »
- Update Jan 27, 2021 -

Per TKC via Discord:
"Comfy is near completion but will take a bit more time as CNY has rolled around for our manufacturers, expect for it to finish manufacturing and be on the way to us by the end of February, so [we] expect delivery to our proxies as well as us to be late March/early April"

Deskmats are currently in sample/color matching process. I have sent in updated coated Pantone/CYMK codes.
Upcoming:

Offline Paitupai

Re: [GB] Comfy PBT - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Manufacturing
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 05:08:10 »
Looking good! Thanks for the update  :)

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [GB] IFK Comfy - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Manufacturing (Jan 27)
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:07:35 »
- Update/Statement Feb 18, 2021 -

I've been asked a few times for a status update, especially in light of recent concerns stemming from recently shipped IFK sets. Comfy has always been a set that (somehow) ran with little to no renders. The renders on the product pages were made right before GB period so I've always been firm to trust the photographs of the prototypes. Photos can be found in the IC/GB threads, on Alexotos's social media and stream, and my Instagram page. The only renders I have personally help develop are the renders that you might have seen on Aether Hemera's Daedalus. Thus, expect the colors to match the prototypes, not any renders that you might spot on product pages.

I have been in regular contact with TKC to ensure that the colors of the keycaps and the deskmats match my vision and the prototypes. I did not make changes to the keycap colors so the production sets should match the colors of the protos. The only changes I made were to correct some legends. I'm working to try to see if I can get photos of the production set or at least confirmation that the legends look good/are aligned. The prototypes had a few alignment issues but part of that were due to errors on the files I had initially sent. I might have mentioned in some places during/right after GB that the dark blue might be adjusted to be 5% lighter than the protos but that has been scrapped - the colors being produced will be the colors of the prototypes.

Deskmats are awaiting 2nd samples to ensure the colors match the renders. Since I had initially used TPG/TPX pantones and IFK dyesub uses uncoated pantones - the colors used are technically 'custom' since there aren't direct equivalent uncoated pantones to match. Similarly the deskmats needed updated reference colors (Coated Pantones rather than the TPG/TPX chips) after the first samples since it is on cloth and not plastic so I provided the following pantones to ensure that the deskmats match the renders as much as possible:
PANTONE  4032 C
PANTONE  4138 C
PANTONE  4156 C

Hopefully that helps address some concerns people have about Comfy. No one wants this set to work out smoothly as much as I do  :eek: . I will continue to update with more info as I learn more.

TL;DR - the keycaps will match the prototype that I've spammed photos of. Deskmats will match renders of the mat shared during IC/GB. I will update with deskmat sample photos when I receive them.
Upcoming:

Offline Auracity

Re: [GB] IFK Comfy - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Manufacturing (Feb 18)
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 09:20:47 »
Hoping for the best!

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Re: [GB] IFK Comfy - (Sept 25-Oct 9 2020) - Manufacturing (Feb 18)
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:18:46 »
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. Updates in TL;DR:
  • Keycaps are expected to be on time - should reach vendors
  • I have the sample deskmats personally in hand. They look good outside of the light blue color being too blue compared to the keycaps.
To elaborate, the dark blue and the pink are as expected but the light blue is a bit off (see 3rd photo) and I'd like to get a little green in that blue to better match the keycap colors. I've given them updated coated pantone colors (the keycaps themselves use uncoated pantones so it can't be 1 to 1 same color) to hopefully get it to be closer. Since I want to adjust the deskmat color it may or may not delay shipping a bit depending on how fast they can color match and if we get another sample or not. I apologize but I want to get it right! Hopefully you can understand 🙇🏻‍♀️

« Last Edit: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:30:05 by ghstgrl »
Upcoming: