Author Topic: Logitech made a huge mistake IMO!  (Read 23091 times)

Offline typo

Logitech made a huge mistake IMO!
« on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 13:54:14 »
I do not know if this has already been discussed. Logitech is still offering the 903. However the new top of the line mouse is the 502 wireless! I feel they should have released the Hero sensor in the 903 body. I imagine they will eventually discontinue the 903. To me this is a huge let down. As I feel the 903 has a much more comfortable shape. Quite frankly it does not matter though. No one is going to use 12,000 DPI let alone 16,000. Although TP4 said his 903 skipped badly on a 4K display. Mine does not though. I am just one person and obviously their marketing team knows where they want to go. To me this is a huge let down and I imagine many others as well. Thoughts?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Logitech made a huge mistake IMO!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 18:07:58 »
They will when stock on 903's gets low enough.

As for 12k and 16k...
Don't be so sure... Windows (and other OS) will often jump pixels at default mouse settings, but cad and photo work really need per pixel accuracy so you turn down all the sensitivity in software, then ramp up the sensitivity in the mouse itself (helps for gaming as well!). Combined with dual high res screens and trying to reducing wrist strain, I can see myself breaking 12k on 4k screens (currently on 1440p).

When I first started we were mostly using lower res screens, so a lower res mouse worked. Usually the DPI was 1/2 to 3/4 the resolution of the screen of the screen width. Today on a 4k screen you would be at around 3k dpi with default mouse settings. Do that software trick I mentioned above and you are at 6-9k.  Add in dual screens and you are at 12-18k. How people game on 300 dpi on 1080p is beyond me, I simply can't do it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 21:53:35 »
I hope they make it. I am on 3 32" 4k screens. It is set at 6400DPI. The windows slider is at 5 and no acceleration. No enhance pointer precession. It is plenty fast enough for me. Windows setting should be on 5 for no acceleration. I do not game but I do render and Photoshop. It is working fine. Meanwhile I will hold out for 903 Hero. Since I cannot stand the 502's shape. I bet if and when they do make it they price it at $200+. Just a guess but that is not an issue to me personally. I just hope they hurry up and make it. This was first 502 wireless. I feel that was stupid. They in fact may not make it but we shall wait and see. My 903 is working fine and thus I will keep it over 502 any day. I recently revisited the 502 and cannot stand it. 903=hours no pain or discomfort. I cannot say that about the 502. Obviously Logitech marketing knows what they are doing so we will wait and see. Otherwise my 903 is working fine on 3 32" 4K displays at 6400DPI. It is accurate to the pixel and does not skip at all. No issues with it but of course I would like to see the Hero in it. Plus Logitech moving the chip in house may be better or worse. I do not know. I like the newest hardware but do not really require it at this point. I will sit tight. Interestingly the 502 wireless and 903 are both currently $149. I imagine that will change as supply dwindles. As to if they make what I wish for of course has yet to be seen. Depending on 502 wireless sales they or may not. I certainly hope they do so even though I do not really have a need for it. Time will tell. Of course I just want the latest hardware.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 02:45:41 »
Logitech will almost undoubtedly re-release the the rest of their gaming mouse lineup w/ the HERO sensor. It doesn't make any sense for them to continue using a third party sensor from Pixart when the HERO performs just as well (for all intents and purposes), and uses far, far less battery. Getting all their shapes on their own proprietary sensor that is light years ahead of the competition when it comes to wireless is easily the smartest decision they can make right now, so I wouldn't be surprised it a G903 HERO is around the corner. I'm not entirely certain we'll see a G703 HERO, as the G603 fits that niche fairly well. Although, a rechargeable battery, lighter weight, and rubber side grips might be enought to tip Logitech to making one. Time will tell.

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 04:07:13 »
Hero sensor,G502 shell,and G600 side buttons=my dream mouse.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 12:52:28 »
An 8K ultrawide is going to be nice. because you can still watch 4K movies 1:1 and use 2x upscaling for 2:35:1

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 21:10:26 »
Bring. Back. G303.

Offline typo

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 03:00:24 »
I just hope they make the 903 body with a Hero sensor. I hope the 502 is not their final answer for top of the line. I obviously cannot guess what their marketing dept. does. Only time will tell. Meanwhile I am fine with the 903. I abhor the 502. I recently revisited and promptly returned it again. Everyone is different but it causes me a lot of pain. You obviously cannot use a trackball on 3x32" 4K displays? If so I would rather just use that. A trackball is indeed much better as far as injuries go. I code about 14 hours a day. At least my Embody chair has my butt and back covered. Don't get me wrong though. the 903 is working fine here. I would just like the upgrade just like everyone does.

Offline typo

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 01:17:14 »
So I picked up a Razer Mamba Wireless 2019. It fits my hand great but...OMG this thing sucks. Miles behind Logitech! Consensus on that?

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 20:23:58 »
Razer installs spyware that is very difficult to get rid of. Screw them. I ended up getting the G-Pro. This is very good. It is like an original Microsoft ball mouse only much more advanced. It is very small and light as a feather. Perfect for claw grip. I will not miss the hyper scroll either. Since in 2 days mine is full of cat hair I cannot remove and ceases to function. Then must take apart mouse and it never goes back together for me. Hardly ever use tilt either. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I prefer a much smaller, lighter mouse. It is tiny compared to the 903. Certainly to the 502. The 502 is huge and I hate it. YMMV. Razer does not store lighting on the mouse so you must have their spyware installed. They suck. Stick with logitech I say. I am pretty happy with this. The wireless one is not worth $150 Imo. Lasts a day then must plug in. The extra 3 grams is the cord. I would only use it corded anywwys so it is the exact weight. Actually more because the Wireless versions cord is heavier. It glides effortlessly. Pretty sure this is the one. Not all the buttons and features of the 903 but feels much better to me.$150 for the wireless one is absurd with plastic scroll wheel and days use IMO. For $58 this is a nice mouse IMO. Just figured id tell Y'all what I settled on. Razer was absolute trash and spyware to boot. this is even smaller and lighter plus half the price of the Razer Mamba. I am likeing this. Much less fatigue. Can't use a track ball at this resolution so this is less likely to cause repetitive injury. I have never had it happen with heavier mice in 20+ years anyways. I like this. Glad I found something better. Plus has HERO sensor. what is what I really wanted in the first place. So this checks almost all the boxes for me. YMMV on this however. Although I think they have something for everyone. I kind of doubt the release HERO 903 anytime soon. If at all. I like this better anyways. The 502 is huge and heavy. Not really suited to claw grip. since my Hyper Scroll works for all of 2 day's on anew mouse anyways I shall not miss it. Done I guess. surprised no one mentioned this to me before.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 20:26:40 »
"Razer installs spyware that is very difficult to get rid of. Screw them. I ended up getting the G-Pro. This is very good. "

I shouldn't have to have an account just to use my keyboard.

Logitech mice are awesome

Offline typo

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:49:11 »
Well, I got tired of the G-pro. It feels very cheaply made. Back to 903 for me! I will just have to wait until they come out with a HERO 903. Or no HERO for me. Mine works fine anyways. As I said I am only on 6400DPI across 3x32" 4K displays. I do not like the 502 at all but it feels much sturdier than the G-pro. Also the 502 Hyperscroll runs much longer than the 902. It has more mass because it is a solid wheel. I still would not want a 502 though. OH well, the 903 is fine for now and in the long run too. If they do not introduce one with the Hero. I use it corded so do not have to worry about battery longevity. In fact I would like to remove the battery but I never took a 903 apart that went back together :)

Offline typo

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:20:37 »
I guess I am a real Schmuck. Now I am liking the 502 again!

Offline typo

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 04:30:20 »
Well, I got used to the 502 again and sticking with it for now. I got the lightspeed and removed the battery. so it is also pretty light. I thought at first 903 was better for claw grip. 903 actually has a higher "hump" and is longer. The thumb rest does not get in the way. Plus I can actually hit all the buttons easily. One problem I have is my DPI LEDS do not light on the "static" setting. I have no idea why. At least I have a HERO now but I am happy with it too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 08:30:29 »
Ergonomics is why Tp4 only uses the Ergopwn9000 (in Sig).

got 1 built with a G-303 guts and 1 with the G-pro guts

G-pro is much easier to wire.

Don't think I will be moving on from these ever, tuned by logitech, Chop-Shopped by TP4,

Once you use a vertical mouse, you'll really Question Reality, WTH Else are people killing their wrists on.

It's too heavy for gaming, but, Tp4 only plays casual nowadays.

Offline typo

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 11:51:52 »
I doubt I could build that but there are vertical mice I can try. I wonder if I will like them. Who knows. The G502 and G903 cause me no fatigue for many hours. None at all actually. I may be doing damage I am not aware of though. Carpal tunnel would kind of suck. Although I have been using flat mice for very many years already with no apparent harm. I guess time will tell. Office injuries are not a joke.

I will tell you that the Embody chair is something most people should not be without. Unless cost is a factor I guess. For some reason I do not take mice as seriously as my chair.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 16:07:39 »
Am covered on Chairs. Tp4 uses standing desk .

Tp4 bought nearly all the major styles of vertical mouse, the evoluent shape is the most comfortable, and incidentally the (most vertical).

The internal sensor and tracking was awful compared to logitech's tuning, so Frankenmouse became the logical outcome to this Quest.

I can't remember which one, but I DO believe they've released a vertical gaming mouse with 3325.

yea they did.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 15:14:34 »
Am covered on Chairs. Tp4 uses standing desk .

Tp4 bought nearly all the major styles of vertical mouse, the evoluent shape is the most comfortable, and incidentally the (most vertical).

The internal sensor and tracking was awful compared to logitech's tuning, so Frankenmouse became the logical outcome to this Quest.

I can't remember which one, but I DO believe they've released a vertical gaming mouse with 3325.

yea they did.

Finalmeme⚔️ Glorious             📸Logitech

Offline typo

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:12:00 »
Standing desk is best.

It is a good thing the HERO goes to 16,000 DPI. The HERO seems to take twice the DPI of the old one. 3366 or whatever it is. I had the spectrum at 6,400 DPI but the HERO is at 12,000 DPI and I would not say it is fast at all. Recent updates to Ghub suckj IMO. Like to have the DPI constantly lit it needs to be set in two different places. Logitech could not figure it out but I did. How stupid Logitech does not even know their own stuff. To light all three DPI lights you must be on profile 3 as well. Even 16,000 DPI is not fast. I find 12,000 on it fine though. Which would have maxed out the old one but it was much more sensitive. I don't think I really like a vertical mouse but I am going to try it. I ordered one. The one above this. I do not game but macro buttons are great for coding which incidentally requires a gaming mouse.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:12:50 »
That's the best mindset, nike should switch to -just try it-.. if it doesn't work right, at least now you know.

Offline typo

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 07:32:21 »
Well, 502 causes pain if I have to lay on the mouse hours. I think any mouse would though. Track ball just does not cut it on this screen real estate. Anyone know a track ball that will handle 3x 32" 4K displays? I would prefer it. Actually I wonder what people think about the M570 Vs. a regular trackball? At least it does not take up the whole tray.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 18:54:40 »
I've not seen any trackballs using that high a dpi.

They really should pop that gamn' sensor in there..

Offline typo

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 00:55:30 »
Is Trackball DPI equivalent to Mouse DPI? I mean is 1600 DPI on a trackball like 6,000 DPI on a Mouse? Or they are the same distance? With as much screen Real Estate as I have here it would take many rolls to go across if they are indeed equal. Of course I can speed it up in windows but I hate acceleration. The 502 is not bad unless I have to lay on it for hours. I find a Mouse wrist rest just causes pain. I do not rest my palm. I use a light claw grip. Just push it around with my fingers without moving my wrist.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:20:17 »
The system can multiply its counts, which is what setting the mouse speed in the windows setting does.

When you multiply you lose precision. Not a huge deal depending on what you're doing.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:38:32 »
Is Trackball DPI equivalent to Mouse DPI? I mean is 1600 DPI on a trackball like 6,000 DPI on a Mouse? Or they are the same distance? With as much screen Real Estate as I have here it would take many rolls to go across if they are indeed equal. Of course I can speed it up in windows but I hate acceleration. The 502 is not bad unless I have to lay on it for hours. I find a Mouse wrist rest just causes pain. I do not rest my palm. I use a light claw grip. Just push it around with my fingers without moving my wrist.
It is the same, but also different...
If 1inch of surface passes across the sensor it doesn't matter if it's a ball surface or a pad.
Where the ball helps is that on good ones you can flick it and have it keep going, so you don't need to keep moving your fingers. This allows for fast movement but also precise movement when needed, unfortunatly not at the same time but with time it becomes pretty precise. I'm not aware of any that allow adjusting dpi levels and such since they aren't designed for this sort of use but it's possible they exist.

Not a huge deal depending on what you're doing.
Says the guy who bought a monitor calibration tool that costs more than the average office monitor just to watch movies.

That precission is an issue for FPS gamers, especially at the higher end, and makes hige difference in Cad, photo editing, video editing...
The reason it's not mentioned more is because most people don't realize that this is part of their problem when doing these things.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 22:57:16 »
Logitech will almost undoubtedly re-release the the rest of their gaming mouse lineup w/ the HERO sensor. It doesn't make any sense for them to continue using a third party sensor from Pixart when the HERO performs just as well (for all intents and purposes), and uses far, far less battery. Getting all their shapes on their own proprietary sensor that is light years ahead of the competition when it comes to wireless is easily the smartest decision they can make right now, so I wouldn't be surprised it a G903 HERO is around the corner. I'm not entirely certain we'll see a G703 HERO, as the G603 fits that niche fairly well. Although, a rechargeable battery, lighter weight, and rubber side grips might be enought to tip Logitech to making one. Time will tell.

Yup. Looks like I was right: The G403, G703, and G903 all have been re-released with the HERO sensor. Which means the entirety of the current-gen gaming line (with maybe the exception of the G203) has been updated to use the HERO sensor (they're still selling non-HERO mice like G600, G602, and probably selling out stock of the 3366 variants)

« Last Edit: Sun, 28 July 2019, 23:05:57 by daerid »

Offline typo

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:13:26 »
Even so, I vastly prefer the MX Ergo now. No more pain! Never going back to a mouse. This beat the Slim Blade and L-Trac for me as well. They can keep the mX518 IMO. No more slew of Macro buttons but no pain more than makes up for it. It is in the raised position sans boot with a beanbag wrist rest. Wrist rests on Mice only made things worse for me. Stationary it puts my hand at the height of the device. Once you get to know it, it is second nature. YMMV. I am across 3x32" 4K displays. So I hacked the registry to 26,000 DPI!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:16:17 »
Even so, I vastly prefer the MX Ergo now. No more pain! Never going back to a mouse. This beat the Slim Blade and L-Trac for me as well. They can keep the mX518 IMO. No more slew of Macro buttons but no pain more than makes up for it. It is in the raised position sans boot with a beanbag wrist rest. Wrist rests on Mice only made things worse for me. Stationary it puts my hand at the height of the device. Once you get to know it, it is second nature. YMMV. I am across 3x32" 4K displays. So I hacked the registry to 26,000 DPI!

They also have the MX vertical , if you need more precision.  But the ball is probably more fun to use.

Offline typo

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 09:53:34 »
The MX Ergo is plenty precise if mouse precision is on. At 26,000 DPI it hardly matters. That is a Registry modification. The Ergo itself I think is only about 1600DPI or so.