Author Topic: Does anyone else use one of these (cheap, unbranded Chinese trackball)?  (Read 11300 times)

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
Does anyone else use one of these?  It is an unbranded trackball that appears on eBay from time to time:

I ask because I am wondering how many months (weeks?) of service you typically get out of yours before you have to replace it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2019, 04:50:14 by Stupidface »

Offline dingusxmcgee

Re: Does anyone else use one of these (cheap, unbranded Chinese trackball)?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 08:57:18 »
Not enuff Tenting..  Logitech ergo is best trackball.

Second this, dig my Logi Ergo big time.
Much more manageable than my Elocom HUGE  ;D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:23:53 »
Does anyone else use one of these?  It is an unbranded trackball that appears on eBay from time to time:

(Attachment Link)

I ask because I am wondering how many months (weeks?) of service you typically get out of yours before you have to replace it.

Trackball bad, nipple mouse good

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 02:04:42 »
100% agree with you as usual TP. It beat out Elcom ans Slimblade for me. I am never going back to a mouse again! You said it is not as precise though. the way I have my registry setup though.... I have 26,000DPI for speed that can slow down to pixel per pixel resolution, If one understands the registry on a PC they can achieve this. It pertains to many different settings. Not even just mouse settings. Of course this uses acceleration but I am not gaming. Out of the box it is much too slow for 3x4K displays.  It is tilted which is perfect tenting for me but without the boot on it. I have lubed both the rollers with PTFE and graphite and hard lubed the ball. It is super fast and responsive.  There is no comparison to that no-name junk. You get what you pay for. I would highly suggest this. YMMV. My thumb never got sore as it takes nearly no effort lubed.