Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon  (Read 335371 times)

Offline VereChi

Re: [IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 04:30:51 »
Voted! Hope we can get this project go live soon.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 08:36:07 »
voted, own the sa Carbon, really loving it

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 14:58:20 »
Ok i saw the approx pricings and its gonna be the extended base kit version.

I will work now on the final version. So lets discuss it. Do you miss something or is something wrong. But please keep it realistic!

Ah and Carbon is gonna drop approx in 3 months.
So you got plenty of time to rob a bank...

Still checking moq and pricing for novelties kit...

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:13:17 »
2x 1u windows keys would be nice :)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:21:49 »
2x 1u R5 Windows keys (absolutely necessary or the kit is useless for a large group of people)
1x 1u R4 Fn key (very nice to have for HHKB layout)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:26:34 »
2x 1u R5 Windows keys (absolutely necessary or the kit is useless for a large group of people)
Will add:
2x 1u R5 Windows keys

Rafa_n hope you agree.

By the way you can see the print, lock and pause keys are orange. I think its not that good for 1800 layout, but what do you think?
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:29:14 by T0mb3ry »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:29:08 »
Would it be possible to add R3 1.25, 1.5 and R2 1.75  these keys would help with some of the 40% boards out there (JD45 and Minivan)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:30:55 »
Would it be possible to add R3 1.25, 1.5 and R2 1.75  these keys would help with some of the 40% boards out there (JD45 and Minivan)

Are those keys blank? Else i have to check those layouts.

Sent from my iPC not using Tapatalk

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:31:58 »
Will add:
2x 1u R5 Windows keys

Rafa_n hope you agree.

By the way you can see the print, lock and pause keys are orange. I think its not that good for 1800 layout, but what do you think?

that's great, thanks!!
i'll start setting up my bank robbery now.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:35:17 »
Will there also be an option for a blank set? That would look REALLY friggin' cool.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:35:58 »

Are those keys blank? Else i have to check those layouts.

Sent from my iPC not using Tapatalk

R3 1.25 could be tab or fn
R3 1.5 could be enter or fn
R2 1.75 is backspace

with the above keys, legends wouldn't be 100% but I would at least have the right profile on each key

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:37:05 »
almost forgot, also need a 2 unit R4 blank if possible

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:43:40 »
Will there also be an option for a blank set? That would look REALLY friggin' cool.

Hey i wish GMKs moq were not that high, so i could make almost every wish possible. However this is not the case and we have to make a single base kit which includes say necessary keys but forward-looking. With forward looking i mean you are not gonna always use the same layout and maybe you want to put this keyset on a 1800 layout. So the forward-looking is meant: it covers all the usual cherry layouts (with extend for hhkb or other layouts which needs just few keys). An absolute blank keyset is a child deal and with an moq of 150 it would probably not tip.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:22:33 »

Hey i wish GMKs moq were not that high, so i could make almost every wish possible. However this is not the case and we have to make a single base kit which includes say necessary keys but forward-looking. With forward looking i mean you are not gonna always use the same layout and maybe you want to put this keyset on a 1800 layout. So the forward-looking is meant: it covers all the usual cherry layouts (with extend for hhkb or other layouts which needs just few keys). An absolute blank keyset is a child deal and with an moq of 150 it would probably not tip.

Yeah I get that. I really think blanks are way sexier. But I get what you are saying :)
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 18:17:04 »
Is there anyway to get a 1u 0ins key R4 for zz96 users? Just wondering because this looks AMAZING  :cool:

Offline duylinh_89

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 19:11:27 »
Ok i saw the approx pricings and its gonna be the extended base kit version.
Show Image

I will work now on the final version. So lets discuss it. Do you miss something or is something wrong. But please keep it realistic!

Ah and Carbon is gonna drop approx in 3 months.
So you got plenty of time to rob a bank...

Still checking moq and pricing for novelties kit...

Thanks T0mb3ry, I can't wait for this drop to be realistic - love at the first sight  ;D

Offline Radlife

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 19:31:21 »
Oh man with this finally on the calendar and nubb's GMK set, I'm gonna need some more keyboards

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 20:23:48 »
Great job! Definitely hoping for something more HHKB layout friendly like:

R5 1u winkeys
R4 1u Fn key
R2 1.75u Backspace
R1 1u \| pipe key

And any chance GMK can do novelty keys like in the SA release? I think part of it's success if having those included

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:47:41 »
And any chance GMK can do novelty keys like in the SA release? I think part of it's success if having those included

GMK has almost never done custom molds. The price for such a mold would almost certainly be several thousand dollars per legend, incredibly cost-prohibitive.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:09:19 »

GMK has almost never done custom molds. The price for such a mold would almost certainly be several thousand dollars per legend, incredibly cost-prohibitive.
They can pad-print though.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:19:08 »

I'll pay for those :)

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:30:11 »
Cant wait

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 08:47:45 »
Is the backslash key going to be the egg shell/cream color or the color in your most recent post?

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 09:18:53 »

However, I will do some custom keycaps that be made by GMK. :)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 10:07:03 »
Is the backslash key going to be the egg shell/cream color or the color in your most recent post?

the 1.25U one will be egg shell and dark gray according to the extended basekit preview... the 1U only dark gray

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 10:33:03 »

Nice catch. The row 3 1u backslash (iso us) has wrong color. Its has to be bone white/cream. Sorry i was kind of in hurry as i made it for price check.

the 1.25U one will be egg shell and dark gray according to the extended basekit preview... the 1U only dark gray

As i said this is not the final version. This version was just made for initial price checks.

Nope doubleshot. Also i never said that novelties are going to drop. I've just asked gmk for moq and pricing. If moq and pricing are fine then novelties will probably drop. But i dont believe this will be the case.

Honestly i kind of regret to reveal that novelty kit. People dont even read that i wrote. They see novelties and think thats gonna be real. Nope read that i wrote. Sure that novelty kit could be that cherry on the top of icecream but you know its gmk. So who cares (i mean i care and would love to make it happen)? Atleast we can have the icecream!

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 11:06:24 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:16:27 »
Any way to get R4 0ins key for ZZ96 users?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:25:40 »
We know that the extra number stripe kit is totally not a reality at this point as this is still in a IC status. The good news is that we have made it to a extended kit that GMK has acknowledged and is currently willing to provide at a set price for you.

There are other IC currently out that are with SP and JTK for requests outside of the "base set"  with other group buys out there. (For other buys outside of this interest check)

Continue being the best designer GMK has ever met and let us know how it comes along for whether or not a stripe kit will be possible. :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:31:06 »
Any way to get R4 0ins key for ZZ96 users?
Pardon i did not replied before. Yes there will be also 0/ins in row 4 for layouts like zz96.

We know that the extra number stripe kit is totally not a reality at this point as this is still in a IC status. The good news is that we have made it to a extended kit that GMK has acknowledged and is currently willing to provide at a set price for you.

There are other IC currently out that are with SP and JTK for requests outside of the "base set"  with other group buys out there. (For other buys outside of this interest check)

Continue being the best designer GMK has ever met and let us know how it comes along for whether or not a stripe kit will be possible. :thumb:

Its not that i am against that novelty stripe kit its just the bussines of gmk. I wish we could get that stripe kit for a reasonable price. I mean from gmk so many novelties its almost like artisan level  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 14:30:12 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 15:39:59 »
Ok here is the updated Version.
Added r5 1u win keys (2x).
Added r4 1u fn key. (there is control and delete for hhkb dont know why people are always asking...)
Added r4 1u 0/del key (zz96 layout).
Corrected iso alpha colors.

By the way i mentioned it before but i think i was not clear enough. Carbon has an unusual colorway (see the f row it is inverted). As i mentioned before print, scroll and pause key may look weird (orange color) on 1800 kind of layouts. So for the better explanations see the 1800 mockup below.

I think we should discuss it. I can change the colorway to default/traditional. As alternative i can add additional print/scroll/pause keys in the proper color (grey). On the other hand current colorway might look better on layout like zz96.

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 16:10:18 »
Any chance a R1 "|\" key in white can be added? to complete the hhkb layout look  :)
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 16:20:30 »
Any chance a R1 "|\" key in white can be added? to complete the hhkb layout look  :)

Why do i forget always that key? I'll add it.

Edit: i added that specific key in my project. However it will come with the next update. So the current picture (base kit) is missing that key.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 16:25:57 by T0mb3ry »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 17:17:37 »

However, I will do some custom keycaps that be made by GMK. :)

Hence my use of "almost" :)
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 18:05:37 »
I think we should discuss it. I can change the colorway to default/traditional. As alternative i can add additional print/scroll/pause keys in the proper color (grey). On the other hand current colorway might look better on layout like zz96.
Lets not add keys that the majority will not need.  Why not discuss a orange "stripe" for the numbed top row and a orange '+' key?  This would solve the "split-up" for 1800 users and you would just change the up and down arrows to match with an orange color. :)
For that matter, with this being a once in a lifetime design by the Carbon master artist, why not add charcoal alphas with orange lettering and orange modifiers with charcoal alphas as an add-on pack?  That would totally make me buy both! :p

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 11:45:55 »

Nice catch. The row 3 1u backslash (iso us) has wrong color. Its has to be bone white/cream. Sorry i was kind of in hurry as i made it for price check.

As i said this is not the final version. This version was just made for initial price checks.

Nope doubleshot. Also i never said that novelties are going to drop. I've just asked gmk for moq and pricing. If moq and pricing are fine then novelties will probably drop. But i dont believe this will be the case.

Honestly i kind of regret to reveal that novelty kit. People dont even read that i wrote. They see novelties and think thats gonna be real. Nope read that i wrote. Sure that novelty kit could be that cherry on the top of icecream but you know its gmk. So who cares (i mean i care and would love to make it happen)? Atleast we can have the icecream!

Dang I really liked the darker one. Either way, fantastic work and thank you for getting this going. Super excited for this one!!

Offline ScottieLK

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:03:43 »
Very Interested!

I've been kicking myself for not getting Carbon (also my first post weeeeee!)

Any chance there's going to be a 6.5u spacebar?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:07:53 by ScottieLK »

Varmilo VA87MR

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:27:18 »
Very Interested!

I've been kicking myself for not getting Carbon (also my first post weeeeee!)

Any chance there's going to be a 6.5u spacebar?

GMK offers only 7u and 6.25u spacebar. But its not only gmk. Such sizes like 6u and 6.5u are exotic. AFAIK only gateron makes 6u spacebars. I guess you got corsair right?

Offline ScottieLK

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:32:48 »
Logitech actually but yeah... I wish it wasn't such a funky size. There's a mod to sand down some of the stabilizer switch things (sorry I'm a little new to all this) but I'll probably just buy a black one off Max Keyboards

Varmilo VA87MR

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:11:29 »
I'm in

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:06:29 »
Awesome keyset! Nice to see some new GMK!

Offline ScottieLK

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 23:43:03 »
And was there a predicted price for this set yet (is that the 500$ I saw up the thread a ways)?

Varmilo VA87MR

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 00:59:11 »
And was there a predicted price for this set yet (is that the 500$ I saw up the thread a ways)?
The final version of extended Bese kit will probably cost 140$. It might cost less or even more, because its just my personal prediction. There will be only extended Base kit and not cheaper versions of it.

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 01:15:06 »
Can't wait, go go go, in

Offline ScottieLK

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 02:34:32 »
I'm so down, I can't wait

Varmilo VA87MR

Offline NoahNHP

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 06:00:33 »
Awesome version! Can't wait for it :p
Dolphin V2 | LZ CLS | 356 mini

Offline Sornoah

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 06:52:46 »
will this keyset fit my filco minila? no matter how many kits I have to buy, pls make a 3u space bar for my kb. I missed the SA Carbon drop and have been looking for a while but so hopeless >"<

Offline Jedi

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 07:22:11 »
will this keyset fit my filco minila? no matter how many kits I have to buy, pls make a 3u space bar for my kb. I missed the SA Carbon drop and have been looking for a while but so hopeless >"<

Carbon may run again, but it will be some time before that happens again.  This set will most likely only have a 6.25U spacebar.  GMK doesn't have molds to support a 3u spacebar.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:15:55 »
Can't wait, go go go, in
在国内打广告吧

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 09:21:16 »
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:10:54 »
在国内打广告吧
Я предпологаю, вы парни захотели что бы я все следующие обновления на Карбон исключительно только на русском языке делал.
Oder ich könnte auch die nächsten Updates ausschließlich nur in deutscher Sprache verfassen.

You got the choice  ;D

By the way, here is 75% mockup.

Actually i see here the conflict with row 5. As you know the 1.5u ctrl/alt keys are in row 5 and 1.25 ctrl/win/alt are row 4. This kind of problem will hit every keyboard which does allow the mix of 1.25 and 1.5 keys. Thats not good. I am leaning towards changing row 5 to row 4.

Edit: Base kit has been updated. (accordingly first page too)
Added beige |\ 1u key (required for hhkb)
Added row 4 1.5 control and alt keys (required nonwinkeyles for zz98, 1800, 75%)

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 16:51:56 by T0mb3ry »