Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon  (Read 335385 times)

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #950 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 16:00:24 »
Indeed the difference is very small. However doing it more darker may make the legends on mods not that destinctive.
agree

Offline inosint

« Reply #951 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 21:57:49 »
The orange looks deeper, denser even. Think it's a big improvement, however subtle the change.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #952 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 01:06:12 »
Looks like Gmk has a new 6u spacebar mold, any way we could get that added for some hhkb love?

really want these 2 kits.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #953 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 16:49:29 »
Is it October yet  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #954 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 16:53:05 »
Is it October yet  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can just look at a calendar.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 16:58:28 »
There is a delay.

Taken from Massdrop:
Our vendor has informed us that there has been a slight delay in their production schedule for the GMK Carbon Custom Keycap Set. As a result, the new estimated ship date from our warehouse is now the end of October. We will continue to work closely with our vendor throughout the production process in efforts to pull in the order as early as possible.
You can expect an update from us on 9/7 or sooner if something comes up.

Giving that, you will see GMK Carbon somewhere in November if everything goes fine :)

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #956 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 18:57:20 »
There is a delay.

Taken from Massdrop:
Our vendor has informed us that there has been a slight delay in their production schedule for the GMK Carbon Custom Keycap Set. As a result, the new estimated ship date from our warehouse is now the end of October. We will continue to work closely with our vendor throughout the production process in efforts to pull in the order as early as possible.

Giving that, you will see GMK Carbon somewhere in November if everything goes fine :)

I've got an updated one that says

The vendor has let us know that there will be a delay in production due to longer than anticipated lead times. This has happened because more time is needed to source the material and produce the keycaps than originally expected.
As of now orders are projected to be shipped out to group members from our warehouse by mid November. We will remain in contact with our vendor and will be doing our best to try to expedite the schedule.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #957 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 19:22:06 »
There is a delay.

Taken from Massdrop:

The vendor has let us know that there will be a delay in production due to longer than anticipated lead times. This has happened because more time is needed to source the material and produce the keycaps than originally expected.
As of now orders are projected to be shipped out to group members from our warehouse by mid November. We will remain in contact with our vendor and will be doing our best to try to expedite the schedule.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #958 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 16:34:06 »
Im very excited for this as its my first GMK set. Overcast will have to hold me over for a few weeks while waiting for this. 

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #959 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 17:02:00 »
These going to be available anywhere for those of us who missed the MD? I'm pretty new to the game but love this set

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #960 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 17:05:39 »
These going to be available anywhere for those of us who missed the MD? I'm pretty new to the game but love this set

there were over a thousand sold.. so i'm pretty sure that there will be some available after market.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #961 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 17:14:59 »
there were over a thousand sold.. so i'm pretty sure that there will be some available after market.

Rad!! Thanks!!! Still just learning the ropes

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 17:25:35 »

Rad!! Thanks!!! Still just learning the ropes

You should buy it the first chance you get after it has been shipped. Its common that some buyers sell their sets directly after receiving them, because of that ever the reasons are. However after some time the sets will find their end users and those will never sell them. This results then in a so called "hard to get set", despite the sold numbers. For example Carbon SA sold quite great numbers and i think it was common on aftermarket directly after shipping. Right now you will get hard time to find one. And if you find one, then to a great markup price.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #963 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 15:29:04 »

You can just look at a calendar.

Calm down. I'm excited Mrs. Debbie Downer this has been a long time in the making. So let me apologize for being overly excited below:

Offline nugglets

« Reply #964 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 16:02:44 »
There is a delay.

Taken from Massdrop:

The second one seems to only influence the Ergodox kit, which makes sense as it was submitted later than the two other kits.

The first message stating end of October was the only one posted in the original kit and novelty kit threads.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #965 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 17:45:35 »
Whiffed on this one somehow... If anyone with one (or two) on order and has changed their mind, please let me know, I'll buy.

Offline Felion

« Reply #966 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 03:31:45 »
I´m also in for a ISO-addon (swe).
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #967 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 04:49:23 »
The ISO addon hasn't happened yet:

I've passed the ISO Addon to MD already, but its up to MD to dicide when to run it. Probably there will be also an spacebar addon but i do not guarantee.

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #968 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 07:35:19 »
Will the orange spacebar be dropped? Is there an ETA?
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #969 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:50:48 »

Sry. I got no ETA right now. Honestly i dont even know if it will drop ever. I've suggested this Yanbo but i think he got already a lot stuff todo.

Offline shangrila500

« Reply #970 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 03:04:29 »

Sry. I got no ETA right now. Honestly i dont even know if it will drop ever. I've suggested this Yanbo but i think he got already a lot stuff todo.

Nooooo! I want the spacebars so bad it isn't even close to being funny! I really hope they get a drop but if not I am sure we can all figure something out.

Is there anything anyone can do to help get them to drop?

Offline nugglets

« Reply #971 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 15:34:16 »

Maybe you could talk to Sheraton at Originative? He's doing some GMK spacebar packs on his site, maybe if you work together he can get them made with the custom color while it's still in use. Once this gets made, it's probably going to be much more difficult to get the color matched again.

In fact, I would be in for packs of all three colors. Grey/Carbon would look great, too. And having the option of getting backup beige caps would be awesome, since the spacebar is usually the first cap to shine in my experience. Also the most obvious when it does.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 September 2016, 15:42:07 by nugglets »

Offline numberfive

« Reply #972 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 00:01:45 »

Maybe you could talk to Sheraton at Originative? He's doing some GMK spacebar packs on his site, maybe if you work together he can get them made with the custom color while it's still in use. Once this gets made, it's probably going to be much more difficult to get the color matched again.

In fact, I would be in for packs of all three colors. Grey/Carbon would look great, too. And having the option of getting backup beige caps would be awesome, since the spacebar is usually the first cap to shine in my experience. Also the most obvious when it does.
Please message me if they need a MOQ, I'd be happy to prepay for a spacebar set.

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #973 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 12:54:52 »
Why not organize a poll on Massdrop: https://www.massdrop.com/mechanical-keyboards/polls ? I don't know how much attention they are paying to them but it can't hurt.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #974 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:19:16 »
Why not organize a poll on Massdrop: https://www.massdrop.com/mechanical-keyboards/polls ? I don't know how much attention they are paying to them but it can't hurt.

I assume Tomb3ry already has the maximum attention one could get from Massdrop

I guess the MD-bottleneck with mech stuff is the Massdrop guy that is currently in China, as I saw multiple mentions of the issue, doesn't make too much sense to me - If Tomb3ry wants another pack to be run, they should just give it to him

My optimistic side says maybe they are going to include a coloured spacebar as a surprise, yet, since the EU pack didn't run either, not likely ;)

On the bright side, GMK is pretty good at color-matching, so I wouldn't worry much about a second run
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #975 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 13:53:02 »
Massdrop is fully aware of the demand for carbon specific kits. I hope Yanbo will find some window in Massdrops tight schedule. But you need to know there are other drops and other things todo for him. For now you need to be patient and i think someday they'll drop. If Yanbo comes back i will talk to him again in regards those 3 kits.

Offline silaz

« Reply #976 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 19:52:10 »
I'm new to this, but if I read the update correctly, the key sets should ship out around November. That would probably be the best time to be looking in the aftermarket for this set?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #977 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 19:55:28 »
I'm new to this, but if I read the update correctly, the key sets should ship out around November. That would probably be the best time to be looking in the aftermarket for this set?

If you can take the risk, the best time is now, just leave a message here (as you did) - and to the massdrop discussions - you can make the keycaps ship to you
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline silaz

« Reply #978 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 20:41:17 »

If you can take the risk, the best time is now, just leave a message here (as you did) - and to the massdrop discussions - you can make the keycaps ship to you
Thanks for the heads up - I had no idea!

Offline numberfive

« Reply #979 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:29:54 »

How would this process work?  I contacted Mass Drop directly and they told me they can't transfer sets to someone else, their system does not allow it.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #980 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 19:39:03 »

How would this process work?  I contacted Mass Drop directly and they told me they can't transfer sets to someone else, their system does not allow it.

It doesn't work well honestly - but it doesn't work well in any case, Massdrop just refuses to give support if you bought the set from someone else, or uses it as an excuse to stall or halt support, so in any case, If you didn't buy directly, beware of this fact (Even if you buy directly, the support is questionably just, but let's just bygones be bygones)

Anyway, how the process works:

You buy the set from someone, pay them with paypal, they contact Massdrop, change the address for the set, then when the set launches, you wish the address change is still effective

If they end up sending the set to the previous address (I've read this happening to people who genuinely move from one place to the other too ...) - you either wish the buyer re-send you the set, or open a Paypal dispute

Even if the seller is a decent person, s/he might want to keep the set when the above happens, and seeing the GMK Carbon, s/he will do this 90% - and you likely being a decent person, will allow the him/her to keep it - so again, beware

So, all in all, it's risky, but in the past, it was much easier than tracking a set that people are buying and searching like crazy

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #981 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 20:27:33 »

It doesn't work well honestly - but it doesn't work well in any case, Massdrop just refuses to give support if you bought the set from someone else, or uses it as an excuse to stall or halt support, so in any case, If you didn't buy directly, beware of this fact (Even if you buy directly, the support is questionably just, but let's just bygones be bygones)

Anyway, how the process works:

You buy the set from someone, pay them with paypal, they contact Massdrop, change the address for the set, then when the set launches, you wish the address change is still effective

If they end up sending the set to the previous address (I've read this happening to people who genuinely move from one place to the other too ...) - you either wish the buyer re-send you the set, or open a Paypal dispute

Even if the seller is a decent person, s/he might want to keep the set when the above happens, and seeing the GMK Carbon, s/he will do this 90% - and you likely being a decent person, will allow the him/her to keep it - so again, beware

So, all in all, it's risky, but in the past, it was much easier than tracking a set that people are buying and searching like crazy

That is too risky indeed, but then again, if you wait for them to come out in the classified the price would be double haha!

Via china is risky too, damn

The best option was to join the drop which is too late for me :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 September 2016, 21:06:07 by potatobot »

Offline Chachal

• Keyboard Wear
« Reply #982 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 16:45:36 »
http://imgur.com/a/PkLTM real pics of Carbon

Every base set is going to get 2 novelty keys?   :eek:
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 September 2016, 16:51:37 by Chachal »

Pok3r (MX Clear)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #983 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 18:18:22 »

Where did you get those pictures  :eek: :eek: :eek:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #984 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 18:19:51 »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #985 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 18:22:10 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #986 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 03:44:16 »

Nope the sets lay there like this just for display.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #987 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 06:51:17 »

:-X

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #988 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 07:37:37 »

:(

Offline salasource

« Reply #989 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 05:24:42 »
The ISO addon hasn't happened yet:

I've passed the ISO Addon to MD already, but its up to MD to dicide when to run it. Probably there will be also an spacebar addon but i do not guarantee.
Lets us be realistic. What is the chance we actually get Nordic-DE ISO addon for GMK Carbon? Any info from German forum?

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #990 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 06:23:32 »

wait, Yuri colour samples? When did Yuri happen? I want it...  :-\

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #991 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 06:26:20 »

wait, Yuri colour samples? When did Yuri happen? I want it...  :-\

It hasn't happened yet

Offline gaiden

« Reply #992 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 14:26:49 »
@T0mb3ry, is the 1u honeycomb going to happen? they looks so awesome i would imagine putting one on a split right shift  :p :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #993 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 15:31:25 »
@T0mb3ry, is the 1u honeycomb going to happen? they looks so awesome i would imagine putting one on a split right shift  :p :thumb:

1u honeycomb? afaik i made some 1u honeycomb mockups for SA but not for Cherry.

As reminder, i've passed all the addons (iso, community keys and specabars) to MD (long time ago) but i got no eta and i dont even know if these addons will drop. I've reminded Yanbo about the demand for these addons but i got no feedback so far.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #994 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 15:36:22 »
I see that's a shame I bet lots ppl here would love to get their hands on some 1u honeycombs because those can be easily placed around the board for custom layouts as opposed to 2u ones. Maybe one of these days..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #995 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 15:41:34 »
I see that's a shame I bet lots ppl here would love to get their hands on some 1u honeycombs because those can be easily placed around the board for custom layouts as opposed to 2u ones. Maybe one of these days..

Not as easy. There are 4 different rows. So that honeycomb needs to be done in all 4 rows. Also clustered together those honeycomb keys dont look as good. I've experimented with mockups already and it looks to busy. Who ever bought the Ergodox addon will get enough blank keys to cover almost every layout he likes (ofcourse in combination with base kit).

Offline gaiden

« Reply #996 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:07:30 »
Good to know, well good thing I got all 3 sets (main, novelties, ergodox) that I know of. :)

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #997 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:18:42 »
Good to know, well good thing I got all 3 sets (main, novelties, ergodox) that I know of. :)

++

It's also good to have 1.5 R4 blanks too, there are some cool HHKB-like possible layouts that are possible with those blanks

Indeed it's a shame MD didn't fast-run the ISO+Spacebars :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #998 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:36:43 »
Ok i've talked to Yanbo again. Those should drop pretty soonish. So please check for errors. I take suggestions for the next 24 hours. Just as reminder i do not take any other languages for the iso kit else it will become to expensive. Its just basic norde + uk iso kit and nothing crazy. So please check only for signs and legends errors since i am human and thus i predestined to make errors :) .
ISO

SPACEBARS

COMMUNITY KIT

Offline nugglets

« Reply #999 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:52:10 »
Awesome news!