geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] ePBT Brutalist | GB live!

<< < (3/25) > >>

Oggi:

--- Quote from: of_sam on Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:40:44 ---I really wish you would commit to one set instead of running multiple IC's at one time without ever running a group buy. It seems like you're just going to keep throwing sets at the wall till something sticks. It also doesn't seem like you're really in touch with what the community wants/what's expected of a standard base kit. Adding only accent color split spacebars and not even having an alpha colored spacebar are two glaring examples that show you don't really understand how to properly make a kit.

I am usually not a fan of having multiple deskmats for a keyset. I especially have a problem with you saying that deskmat #2 is "tba". How do you even know that you want a second deskmat? I would say the only reason as of now is that you want more money.

If you are serious about making things in this community, I would suggest that you take your time and make something that you really love that doesn't exist yet. That's the best way to come up with your first set. Throwing IC's at the wall and not really taking the time to learn proper kitting seems like you're trying to get lucky and make some money. The last thing I will say is this: This set is nothing new. Our community has been saturated with beige, black, and grey keysets for years. To me, this doesn't stand out enough to me to justify it running.

--- End quote ---
Everyone who wants to “design” keycaps needs to read this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dimo:
at least there’s no gradient this time

Cubic // esc lab:

--- Quote from: of_sam on Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:40:44 ---I really wish you would commit to one set instead of running multiple IC's at one time without ever running a group buy. It seems like you're just going to keep throwing sets at the wall till something sticks. It also doesn't seem like you're really in touch with what the community wants/what's expected of a standard base kit. Adding only accent color split spacebars and not even having an alpha colored spacebar are two glaring examples that show you don't really understand how to properly make a kit.

I am usually not a fan of having multiple deskmats for a keyset. I especially have a problem with you saying that deskmat #2 is "tba". How do you even know that you want a second deskmat? I would say the only reason as of now is that you want more money.

If you are serious about making things in this community, I would suggest that you take your time and make something that you really love that doesn't exist yet. That's the best way to come up with your first set. Throwing IC's at the wall and not really taking the time to learn proper kitting seems like you're trying to get lucky and make some money. The last thing I will say is this: This set is nothing new. Our community has been saturated with beige, black, and grey keysets for years. To me, this doesn't stand out enough to me to justify it running.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Doesn't seem like OP's four ongoing ICs have gone into GB yet.

^ highly recommend you take that advice OP ^^

Focus on one or two very good concepts rather than do the shotgun approach. The community will respond more positively towards that passion too :).

CaptusKeys:

--- End quote ---

Thank you! The previous SA sets we ran were not so popular and we have decided to postpone it until we can make proper prototypes and improve that set. However, we would like to run this set from IC to GB for sure. The second desk mat is not about money, there are two novelties and we would like to make a desk mat corresponding to each. We have not seen a brutalist set before and not including one spacebar type does not mean that we have not done enough research; we just simply thought that this color fits this set more, but since more and more people (also in the form) indicated that an alpha color spacebar is needed, we will change it. This is what an IC is for: learn what the community wants and change the set accordingly. Thank you for the constructive comment though.

CaptusKeys:

--- Quote from: loop | esc lab on Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:51:30 ---

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Doesn't seem like OP's four ongoing ICs have gone into GB yet.

^ highly recommend you take that advice OP ^^

Focus on one or two very good concepts rather than do the shotgun approach. The community will respond more positively towards that passion too :).

--- End quote ---

We are very committed to this set (as can be seen from the design/renders we think), and would like to change and improve it as much as we can!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version