Author Topic: Hello from Canada!  (Read 1348 times)

Offline frankacy

Hello from Canada!
« on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 16:58:47 »
Hi guys!

My name is Frank and I'm a WPF/iOS/Rails developer from Montreal. I purchased my first mechanical keyboard about a year ago and now I don't know how I could live without one! I currently use a Das Ultimate and I absolutely love it.

To be honest, I stumbled upon this community as I was researching a new, smaller mechanical keyboard for home use. I had originally joined to simply partake in a group buy, but the awesome community keeps me coming back again and again. I find it truly amazing the lengths people will go to in order to set up group buys for everyone on here. Keep it up!

Currently, the keyboard that interests me the most right now is a Poker X with blue switches. I've searched far and wide but I've been unable to find one for sale :( Furthermore, it seems as though Vortex will stop making these, preferring different layouts instead. This has made me quite sad, since I've had my heart set on one of these for a while. However, I remain hopeful that someone will put one up for sale and I'll be able to pounce on it first like an f-in cheetah! :cool: Alternatively, if anyone out there has any tips as to where I can pick one up, I'd love to hear from you :)

So that's about it for me :) I also post uninteresting things on Twitter from time to time at @Frankacy, if you're into that kind of stuff :)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hello from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 17:02:00 »
Welcome, Frank. Keep an eye on the Classifieds. Pokers have been going up like crazy, so I'm sure there may be one soon. Also, don't count out other color switches in a Poker. Being that they are PCB mount, they can be easily swapped for other colors. Even if it has a Beast stainless steel plate, that can also be done. I hope you enjoy your stay!

You could also look into the GH60, which is the same form factor as a Poker, but is customizable based on what you choose. Search for the thread! Exciting times.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 17:06:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It is addictive, isn't it ;)  And those group buy guys are amazing!

Too many temptations though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline NakedGarbageMan

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 21:02:32 »
Canada! YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 00:38:53 »
Hi, Toronto checking in.
I love Elzy