geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] A Brand new custom 60% layout PCB by GON

<< < (3/4) > >>

DWawa:
The bithumbal function key is a natural. Are you the first to do this?

Moralless:

--- Quote from: DWawa on Wed, 08 October 2014, 05:48:11 ---The bithumbal function key is a natural. Are you the first to do this?

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what you mean by bithumbal, but if you're talking about the placement of the Fn key between the spacebars, then no I'm not the first person to have done that (but I was unaware of the other designs when making this layout) there are similar designs such as this and this one but there are currently no PCBs that would support a layout like the one in the OP and with the features that it has.

DanielT:
There is a project for a PCB is the HyperMicro http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hypermicro-development-t8490.html but it has yet to happen. Knowing 7bit it will take a while  :p
L.E.:sorry this is for the 40% the HiperMini or qHack is the 60% variant but it will take some time. Your design has all the chances to become a reality, I find it quite interesting.

DWawa:

--- Quote from: moralles on Wed, 08 October 2014, 06:04:59 ---
--- Quote from: DWawa on Wed, 08 October 2014, 05:48:11 ---The bithumbal function key is a natural. Are you the first to do this?

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what you mean by bithumbal, but if you're talking about the placement of the Fn key between the spacebars, then no I'm not the first person to have done that (but I was unaware of the other designs when making this layout) there are similar designs such as this and this one but there are currently no PCBs that would support a layout like the one in the OP and with the features that it has.

--- End quote ---

Bithumbal--using either thumb. Perfectly cromulent word.

Moralless:

--- Quote from: DanielT on Wed, 08 October 2014, 06:24:01 ---There is a project for a PCB is the HyperMicro http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hypermicro-development-t8490.html but it has yet to happen. Knowing 7bit it will take a while  :p
L.E.:sorry this is for the 40% the HiperMini or qHack is the 60% variant but it will take some time. Your design has all the chances to become a reality, I find it quite interesting.

--- End quote ---

That's a pretty neat community project, luckily for this IC the design and manufacturing process of this PCB if it ever comes into fruition will be handled by GON which means that the quality of the PCB will be top notch.

--- Quote from: DWawa on Wed, 08 October 2014, 09:24:23 ---
--- Quote from: moralles on Wed, 08 October 2014, 06:04:59 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Bithumbal--using either thumb. Perfectly cromulent word.

--- End quote ---

That's what I sort of thought, just wasn't completely sure  :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version