geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] A Brand new custom 60% layout PCB by GON

<< < (4/4)

DanielT:
I'm sure that this IC will come to life sooner than the ones I mentioned :D
And the quality, well I'm the proud owner of the Black NerD60 and that is one amazing PCB, the quality is outstanding, so there not doubt here.
I'm a "pinky" Fn fan, and am very pleased with that, but know a lot of people who were looking after your design in a 60% this will make them very happy.
I wish you good luck with this project, maybe I will grab one myself ;)

samwisekoi:
Greetings!

Is your bottom row 1.5 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 1.0 - 2.0 - 1.5 - 1.5 ?

I might try to support that on the GH-122/153 as it seems like a useful adaptation regardless of size.

Also, are there actual keyboard scan codes for Space_L and Space_R ?  I had not heard of those before, but I can see the appeal.

 - Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.

desal:
Tempting...

I see why you've gone with the 2x space keys on the bottom row for keycap reuse, but most sets are still only going to have one spare 2x key from the numpad . Another option would be to shrink the the shifts to 1.25x and either put a key, or just leave empty space on the sides of them (how often do you really push the right half of the right shift key), then use the 2 shifts for the space. This way even most 60% sets would have all the keys you need. I think it'd look kind of neat too.

2nd row would be [1x gap] [1.25x] [1x]*10 [1.25x] [1.5x gap]
bottom row would be [2x gap] [1.25x] [1.25x] [2.25x] [2.75x] [1.25x] [1.25x] [3x gap]

Moralless:

--- Quote from: DanielT on Wed, 08 October 2014, 10:56:40 ---I'm sure that this IC will come to life sooner than the ones I mentioned :D
And the quality, well I'm the proud owner of the Black NerD60 and that is one amazing PCB, the quality is outstanding, so there not doubt here.
I'm a "pinky" Fn fan, and am very pleased with that, but know a lot of people who were looking after your design in a 60% this will make them very happy.
I wish you good luck with this project, maybe I will grab one myself ;)

--- End quote ---

I don't know how you do it :p


--- Quote from: samwisekoi on Wed, 08 October 2014, 11:27:00 ---Greetings!

Is your bottom row 1.5 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 1.0 - 2.0 - 1.5 - 1.5 ?

I might try to support that on the GH-122/153 as it seems like a useful adaptation regardless of size.

Also, are there actual keyboard scan codes for Space_L and Space_R ?  I had not heard of those before, but I can see the appeal.

 - Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.

--- End quote ---

The bottom row is 1.25 -1.25 -2.0 - 1.0 - 2.0 - 1.25 - 1.25. The reason for 1.25u mods instead of 1.5 is because I wanted to make finding a keyset for this layout as simple as possible and having 1.5 mods would mean you'd need to get a tsangan kit aswell.


--- Quote from: desal on Wed, 08 October 2014, 19:06:43 ---Tempting...

I see why you've gone with the 2x space keys on the bottom row for keycap reuse, but most sets are still only going to have one spare 2x key from the numpad . Another option would be to shrink the the shifts to 1.25x and either put a key, or just leave empty space on the sides of them (how often do you really push the right half of the right shift key), then use the 2 shifts for the space. This way even most 60% sets would have all the keys you need. I think it'd look kind of neat too.

2nd row would be [1x gap] [1.25x] [1x]*10 [1.25x] [1.5x gap]
bottom row would be [2x gap] [1.25x] [1.25x] [2.25x] [2.75x] [1.25x] [1.25x] [3x gap]

--- End quote ---

There have been a few groupbuys with child deals that sell 2u blanks, even they if they don't (I'm only talking SP specific groupbuys since they seem to be the most common) there is an abundance of different 2u blanks in all of their profiles that you can get in their overstock list. Also I don't think shift buttons that small would be popular - just look at the criticisms for the KBT Pure Pro and that has a 1u shift key and there is actually a lot of variance on how people press the shift keys so thee smaller shift key sizes (<1.75u) would deter some people off. I'm also curious on why you decided to take out the Fn key on your proposed layout, it would basically be like a HHKB with a split 5u spacebar.

tjweir:
Very cool, I'm interested.

Using a 7x spacebar all these years seems like a waste of real estate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version