geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Cherry MX RGB (Help needed from experienced group buy leaders) -Updates!

<< < (2/13) > >>

ConscienceDrop:
;P

tempting to get some blues and get some ghetto greens going. but i dont have enough cash right now to start a project just to play with these switches.

very interested to see what people here start doing with them though!

Fnzzy:
Out of curiosity, will these come with LEDs installed? And if not, what LED size do they use? Can we also use normal 3mm LEDs with this switch?

Data:
Interested in Browns, maybe up to 150.

Any idea if these would be PCB or plate mount?

Karura:
I am interested in these as well, but I do have a few questions too:

1) Plate or PCB mounted?
2) Price?
3) Aside from the clear switch housing, how do these differ from normal switches?
4) Can these hold normal LEDs (not SMD)?

nandop:

--- Quote from: exitfire401 on Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:12:24 ---depending on price, I'd take 200 of any switch type. Just going to swap the springs and stems anyways.

--- End quote ---
Yep, same here :D. No prices yet. I've contacted a reseller in South Korea, and China. There are no retailers in the US :(

--- Quote from: Data on Sun, 09 November 2014, 18:34:55 ---Interested in Browns, maybe up to 150.

Any idea if these would be PCB or plate mount?

--- End quote ---

They shouldn't be any different from regular ones with the black plastic. Here's the website for specifications. I'll post a copy at the top.

--- Quote from: Karura on Sun, 09 November 2014, 18:41:18 ---I am interested in these as well, but I do have a few questions too:

1) Plate or PCB mounted?
2) Price?
3) Aside from the clear switch housing, how do these differ from normal switches?
4) Can these hold normal LEDs (not SMD)?

--- End quote ---

1,2) Wow, that flew right by me. Let me know which one you prefer. I'm still waiting for one of the resellers/distributors to email me back. Now I have a good idea of how many quote for.
3,4) They are made to allow RGB SMD LEDs to light through. Unfortunately, through the pictures, I can't see them holding 3mm LEDs. You'll have to mod it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version