geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Gateron Switches

(1/56) > >>

hwood34:
GB here

Now that everyone's seen the goodness of Gateron switches, I decided it was time to at least gauge interest for a Gateron GB. At 10,000 20,000 switches per type, we can get them for 0.99 yuan ($0.16). We're also looking into buying them from a third-party vendor.  Right now, Gateron offers switches in these flavors:

Blacks - 50g Linear
Blues - 55g Clicky
Clears - 35g Linear
Browns - 45g Tactile
Reds - 45g Linear

For more info on Gaterons:
Teardown and Review
Review
Build log using Gateron Clears

Our numbers:
Clears: 11,000
Blacks: 4100
Blues: 8000
Browns: 8200
Reds: 1500

azhdar:

--- Quote from: hwood34 on Tue, 27 January 2015, 10:36:31 ---Now that everyone's seen the goodness of Gateron switches, I decided it was time to at least gauge interest for a Gateron GB. This would be a while in the future considering I haven't found any independent seller that could support a GB and don't know how exactly to go about contacting Gateron (though to have someone who could speak chinese wouldn't hurt). From Taobao, they cost 1.30 per, but I'm not sure what kind of pricing we could get for a bulk order. Right now, Gateron offers switches in these flavors:

Blacks - 50g Linear
Blues - 55g Clicky
Clears - 35g Linear
Browns - 45g Tactile
Reds - unknown, maybe someone could translate this page?

--- End quote ---

the horrible google translate seems too say "same accentuation point that cherry red "

frosty:
I think clears will fetch the highest interest! Down for 130 of these if it happens.

justnits:
the gateron red is supposedly a copy of cherry red, so is the rest.
the only different ones is the gateron clear which is a featherweight linear as opposed to cherry's tactile clear.

ideus:
Interested to try them out. Keep us all posted as details become available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version