geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Gateron Switches

(1/56) > >>

hwood34:
GB here

Now that everyone's seen the goodness of Gateron switches, I decided it was time to at least gauge interest for a Gateron GB. At 10,000 20,000 switches per type, we can get them for 0.99 yuan ($0.16). We're also looking into buying them from a third-party vendor.  Right now, Gateron offers switches in these flavors:

Blacks - 50g Linear
Blues - 55g Clicky
Clears - 35g Linear
Browns - 45g Tactile
Reds - 45g Linear

For more info on Gaterons:
Teardown and Review
Review
Build log using Gateron Clears

Our numbers:
Clears: 11,000
Blacks: 4100
Blues: 8000
Browns: 8200
Reds: 1500

azhdar:

--- Quote from: hwood34 on Tue, 27 January 2015, 10:36:31 ---Now that everyone's seen the goodness of Gateron switches, I decided it was time to at least gauge interest for a Gateron GB. This would be a while in the future considering I haven't found any independent seller that could support a GB and don't know how exactly to go about contacting Gateron (though to have someone who could speak chinese wouldn't hurt). From Taobao, they cost ¥1.30 per, but I'm not sure what kind of pricing we could get for a bulk order. Right now, Gateron offers switches in these flavors:

Blacks - 50g Linear
Blues - 55g Clicky
Clears - 35g Linear
Browns - 45g Tactile
Reds - unknown, maybe someone could translate this page?

--- End quote ---

the horrible google translate seems too say "same accentuation point that cherry red "

frosty:
I think clears will fetch the highest interest! Down for 130 of these if it happens.

justnits:
the gateron red is supposedly a copy of cherry red, so is the rest.
the only different ones is the gateron clear which is a featherweight linear as opposed to cherry's tactile clear.

ideus:
Interested to try them out. Keep us all posted as details become available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version