Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [GB MAR 6 - APR 7][PRICING👇🏼]  (Read 76555 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
GMK DSKY would be a fun name, maybe more distinctive, more memorable, and easier to Google search, even if less easy to pronounce.

I completely agree. However, most will automatically associate "Lunar" with something to do with the Moon, while DSKY is extremely vague for most. I would personally prefer DSKY, but it was suggested I should go with Lunar.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
GMK DSKY would be a fun name, maybe more distinctive, more memorable, and easier to Google search, even if less easy to pronounce.

I completely agree. However, most will automatically associate "Lunar" with something to do with the Moon, while DSKY is extremely vague for most. I would personally prefer DSKY, but it was suggested I should go with Lunar.

Makes sense. Another option would be something like GMK Lunar Lander which would still help specify the theme away from "the moon" and towards "NASA/Apollo tech"
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Merked

Is there a high enough interest for the 40s kit? I hope there is because I'd really like to get that with this kit

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Is there a high enough interest for the 40s kit? I hope there is because I'd really like to get that with this kit

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

Offline Merked

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

Oh man, that sucks. Any chance at least the split spacebars can be included in the novelties kit?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

+1 for 40's kit. I'll buy 5 if I have to.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

+1 for 40's kit. I'll buy 5 if I have to.

Working on an Assembly Kit atm.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I hope you all have had a pleasant ending to 2019 and are all back for 2020. I have a few updates I'd like to share and I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

1. A few people have been asking for N9 (darker) Home/PgUp/PgDn/End keys for the rightmost column on 65% layouts. I have not yet addressed this directly but I'm still thinking about it.

2. The people from above gave me the idea to expand the novelty kit by a further 6 keys. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I have also taken the liberty of replacing the red with a different shade — it's now RO2 instead of V1 (more red, less orange) and IT IS NOT COLOUR-ACCURATE in the render below. (Please note the arrow keys will have actual arrows, not text — I can't render arrows for some reason.)

233127-0

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless). The first draft is below. It is a bit different in style than the other kits, because I'm trying to cater to MKUltra's expectations and style. All feedback is welcome!

233129-1

Please note:
- the render below does not properly display the arrow keys (they will be actual arrows)
- the render does not properly display some of the concave keys (see above for specifics)
- please give me some feedback on the 3 additional keys in the bottom right corner (are all/any needed?)

233131-2

I'd be super grateful for someone to go over the kit for errors etc.

4. Langelandia gave me the idea to honor the astronauts that took part in the Apollo 11 mission. If you look at the base kit below...

233133-3

... and the ZXC keys, they have sub-legends with the date of the mission. The 3 astronauts themselves were Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins.

So what if I added a "Buzz" sub-legend to the B key, "Neil" to N, and "Michael" to M? They're all right next to each other (there are no coincidences).

Thanks in advance!

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

I'm begging you to run this with R5 and R0.
Why has noone requested this so far?
Makes me sad.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Makes me sad.

Mixed demand so far. Wonder what the stats are, as in for/against.

Offline Hackerpilot

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless).

Now you have my attention.

Offline KeyCap75

Makes me sad.

I'd be 100% in on R5/R0...build my satisfaction75 with gmk carbon R5/R0 and absolutely love it!

Offline trogdors_arm

Assembly Kit for the win!! Love that we’re kitting more sets with ortho mods and alphas together. Cheers!!

Makes me sad.

I'd be 100% in on R5/R0...build my satisfaction75 with gmk carbon R5/R0 and absolutely love it!

If R5/R0 I'm 100% in as well, if not I'm 100% out.
Btw, I have that carbon set as well and with it you can experience the cherry profile how it was origanally designed and intended to be. I got TA90 for the same reason.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

I'm probably in regardless, but I love that R0/R5.

Offline deLEES

Wow... With each updat, I'm loving this more and more.

1. +1 to this idea.
2. YES! They are so nice.
4. Really like that idea.

Offline psycherhexic

1. A few people have been asking for N9 (darker) Home/PgUp/PgDn/End keys for the rightmost column on 65% layouts. I have not yet addressed this directly but I'm still thinking about it.

2. The people from above gave me the idea to expand the novelty kit by a further 6 keys. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I have also taken the liberty of replacing the red with a different shade — it's now RO2 instead of V1 (more red, less orange) and IT IS NOT COLOUR-ACCURATE in the render below. (Please note the arrow keys will have actual arrows, not text — I can't render arrows for some reason.)

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless). The first draft is below. It is a bit different in style than the other kits, because I'm trying to cater to MKUltra's expectations and style. All feedback is welcome!

Please note:
- the render below does not properly display the arrow keys (they will be actual arrows)
- the render does not properly display some of the concave keys (see above for specifics)
- please give me some feedback on the 3 additional keys in the bottom right corner (are all/any needed?)

I'd be super grateful for someone to go over the kit for errors etc.

4. Langelandia gave me the idea to honor the astronauts that took part in the Apollo 11 mission. If you look at the base kit below...

... and the ZXC keys, they have sub-legends with the date of the mission. The 3 astronauts themselves were Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins.

So what if I added a "Buzz" sub-legend to the B key, "Neil" to N, and "Michael" to M? They're all right next to each other (there are no coincidences).

Loving everything so far. Great work.

1. I prefer the lighter option for uniformity.

2. More novelties = better. Looking forward to seeing the new red.

3. Looks okay in my once-over. I am interested in building a redox which uses 1.25u mods on the left and right edges, but I think this is niche (redox) within a niche (ergo), so this is my own problem.

4. This is such a badass idea! Love the dates and the names.

I have a KBD75 and would also love to see R5 and R0. While it is not a competition, and while I will likely buy both sets anyway, this may be another way to differentiate Lunar from Apollo.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
OK guys, I made a poll. I realize that like 3 people have asked for R012345 but here goes...

NEW POLL for GMK Lunar Profile — R1-1-2-3-4-4 vs. R0-1-2-3-4-5.

Moridin: I submitted one response. I was allowed to submit more than one though-maybe change that? Does r0 r5 add to the price?

Rest of the community: I like R0/R5. I’d still buy it as it stands now. Anyone dislike it as Much as I like it? Is it a dealbreaker for some of you? I don’t hear much about it vs rare board compatibility kits and such.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Moridin: I submitted one response. I was allowed to submit more than one though-maybe change that? Does r0 r5 add to the price?

Rest of the community: I like R0/R5. I’d still buy it as it stands now. Anyone dislike it as Much as I like it? Is it a dealbreaker for some of you? I don’t hear much about it vs rare board compatibility kits and such.

It would require logging in to google and I’m trying to get the poll to be as frictionless as possible so please only reply once, kthnxbye. 🙃

OK fixed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2020, 01:54:16 by Moridin »

Offline jimboytacos

That service module assembly Kit has me all over this. This is an instant buy for me. I'm in.

Offline Robosculpts

oh dang an ergo kit! Would the ergo kit have r0 & r5 as well?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
oh dang an ergo kit! Would the ergo kit have r0 & r5 as well?

According to the poll, there’s not enough demand, so I don’t think I’ll be going down thst route for this set.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Updated the Assembly Kit. Supports more layouts now, including XD75 and various other rare layouts.

233251-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2020, 17:52:00 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [ADDED ASSEMBLY KIT]
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 15:45:56 »
Added Assembly Kit to main post. Also, scrapped NorDEUK and 40s kits — there wasn’t enough interest in those.

Regarding the R0/R5 and R1/R4 poll, there are more of the latter.

If you’d like, I could consider making just an R0 row and R5 row supplemental kit in the future. It’s a bit late now for that big of a change so far along into the IC. We’ll be launching the set soon and I don’t want to shake things up drastically.

Let me know what you think. And feel free to join me in Discord - https://discord.gg/9amFvP
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2020, 15:53:07 by Moridin »

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 17:59:10 »
Sad to see the norde kit go. :(

I dont hope bc of the rough fate for the norde kit on phosphorus you will not give it a second chance in lunar! Which is a must buy for me  :p

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 18:08:23 »
Moridin, put another discord link up here?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 03:34:51 »
Sad to see the norde kit go. :(

I dont hope bc of the rough fate for the norde kit on phosphorus you will not give it a second chance in lunar! Which is a must buy for me  :p

Sadly, I tried for Phosphorous. Some buyers tried to help out. But we only had 20+ kits sold for over 430 base kits. We needed to get closer to 75 at the very least. 😞

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 20:04:24 »
Great kits, looking forward to it.  Only suggestion is for 1800 kits that have a 2u + and 1u + and 1u - with the pg down or somesort in the top right area of the numpad, to maybe have a 1u black novelty to keep the black look of the numpad on those boards.  I guess we could use two of the -'s
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline Possumx

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 17:47:20 »
Will this have Rama or other special Keys/Deskmats?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 02:07:40 »
Will this have Rama or other special Keys/Deskmats?

Yes. Please check the thread for Salvun's awesome R1 artisan. Planning deskmats and one other surprise. 😉

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [NEW RENDERS ADDED]
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 03:43:52 »
Added new renders (below and main post).

234499-0

234501-1

234503-2

234505-3

234507-4

234509-5

For those curious, this is N6 (the yellow I'll be using) compared to the e-yellow Think6.5.

234511-6

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:38:13 »
Is there no way that Nord/UK/ISO will make it into the buy?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:55:52 »
Is there no way that Nord/UK/ISO will make it into the buy?

No. See above.

Basic ISO support is in the base kit.

Offline Possumx

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 11:54:46 »
100% Pickup at this point

Offline Altirix

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:16:51 »
would have been interested, im thinking this could look pretty sick using the N9 Alphas Kit with the upcoming GMK Bleached. however, no UK ISO:c imma dream for UK support
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:28:49 by Altirix »

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 18:43:08 »
Assembly kit looking solid. Digging that N9 legends on 2B.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 10:04:04 »
Solid color and legend man :thumb:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 19:42:53 »
Thanks guys!

Ars just posted an article on the AGC. Well worth reading if you’re into it (and I assume you are!):

A deep dive into the Apollo Guidance Computer, and the hack that saved Apollo 14

Offline Narf

• Krado Industries
Updated the Assembly Kit. Supports more layouts now, including XD75 and various other rare layouts.

Really nice coverage for this kit - probably the best coverage I have seen on an Assembly kit. I really appreciate those bottom row 1.5u mods for things like the Sol2. I will go in on an Assembly kit for sure. I really hope it can hit MOQ.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 09:56:38 »
Assembly Kit should have no issues hitting MOQ. More info on this soon.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 05:17:01 »
Command Module + Lunar Module + Houston! We Have A Problem! on red RAMA M60-A LNY20 renders.

235438-0
235440-1
235442-2

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 08:29:52 »
Dear everyone!

If you want the freshet, purest, sweetest, most of out this world updates on GMK Lunar, come see my Stories on Instagram! Yes, we have a GB date!

235507-0

Offline dankwiel

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 12:59:02 »
love it so much, gonna be my first gmk keycap :thumb:

Offline hkiri

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 13:43:46 »
I really like the overall look of the set, but I'm not too keen on the mods.
Will see spontanously if this might be a deal breaker for me.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 02:47:45 »
love it so much, gonna be my first gmk keycap :thumb:

I remember my first GMK set and the excitement waiting for it. I envy you a little bit...

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 02:48:34 »
I really like the overall look of the set, but I'm not too keen on the mods.
Will see spontanously if this might be a deal breaker for me.

You need to get your space-nerd-hat on! 😉

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Dear space fans,

It is with the utmost excitement that I give you the preliminary group buy start and end date:

March 6 – April 7

235555-0

I don’t foresee any major changes to that date, so we have around 3 weeks to go!

Proxies

Lunar will be available for purchase at TheKey.Company (USA), MyKeyboard.eu (EU), Daily Clack (AUS), and iLumKB (SG).

sad no R0&R5  :(