Author Topic: [GB] Canon 60 - B Stock Extras [12/04/2020]  (Read 28887 times)

Offline Tobu

[GB] Canon 60 - B Stock Extras [12/04/2020]
« on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 18:48:02 »
Group Buy for the CANON 60!

Update as of 12/11/2020
Hi everyone, Friday update 12/11/2020.

There will be a total of 10 B-stock kits that will be available. Images of the type of blemish/defects have been uploaded to the store page in the B Stock Canon 60 Keyboard Case Kit product page.
__
Color options for the B stock sets will be pre-set to the most popular combos that I received during the original group buy run. For simplicity on my end, I created two separate pages "SET 1" and "SET2" on the store page.

SET 1 Color Combo:

Gold Set 1 :
Inner Brass Casing = Gold
PCB Plate = Black
Music Note = Black

Rose Gold Set 1:
Inner Brass Casing=Rose Gold
PCB Plate = Black
Music Note = Black

Black Set 1:
Inner Brass Casing = Black
PCB Plate = Gold
Music Note = Gold

Set 2 Color Combo:

Gold Set 2:
Inner Brass Casing = Gold
PCB Plate = Rose Gold
Music Note = Rose Gold

Rose Gold Set 2:
Inner Brass Casing=Rose Gold
PCB Plate = Gold
Music Note =Gold

Black Set 2:
Inner Brass Casing = Black
PCB Plate = Rose Gold
Music Note = Rose Gold
__
Changes can be requested once you've placed and confirmed your order but changes are NOT guaranteed as I have very limited stock.

No PCB will be included in the kit. I do have 4 available and will put them up separately on the store at the same time the kits go live.

B stock extras will be first come first serve and will be put up on codakeys.store on 12/13/2020 10:00AM PST

All other extras for PCB plates, music Notes, and Inner Metal cases will be put up on the store after B stock sales have been finalized.
__
Channel for potential project is up! Album of renders in new channel #etude-macropad (Discord link below)

Update as of 12/04/2020

All orders of the initial group buy have been sent out! Thanks everyone for your patience throughout this entire process. Really appreciate everyone that decided to participate. :thumbsup:

I will be doing an inventory check for all the B stock extras I will have on hand. I will be taking pictures to show defects in the next coming week or so. I am estimating there to be around 10ish full kit extras.

B stock extras will be first come first serve and will be put up on codakeys.store. I will announce several days before exactly when this will happen.

Finally, I have 2 potential projects underway and will be creating a separate channel in the projects section soon so keep a look out for that on the discord channel linked below.

Update as of 10/23/2020

We are finally in the shipping stage of the group buy. Shipping will be a gradual process most likely concluding early November.
Extras will be announced after shipping of initial group buy orders have been fulfilled.
Please head to the discord channel(link below) for more frequent updates on this and future projects!

Production update 08/21/2020
1) Metal pieces - The CNC milling stage for the replacement metal pieces have been completed. Manufacturer has told me they will be moving into the polishing and finishing stage next week.

2) Production of bottom acrylic pieces is still underway.

3) Top Acrylic Pieces - I have received the top acrylic pieces and am in the process of checking them. So far they look good.

As of now things seem to be going smoothly.

Updated Estimated  Shipping Dates: September - October 2020

Production update 06/14/2020
Hi Everyone this is an update as of now.
Brass pieces moving into the final finishing phase Acrylic pieces are still in the CNC and polish phase. I have updated the production gallery and will be adding images as I receive them. https://imgur.com/a/gIC0pO8
All other pieces of the kit are in!

Production update 05/19/2020
Hi Everyone this is an update as of now.
Brass pieces are well into the production phase. Here are some images of some of the CNCed pieces. https://imgur.com/a/gIC0pO8
For the acrylic pieces, the manufacturer has informed me that they are also in production phase but has been slightly delayed due to a local holiday. Delay should only add a week at most to the estimated timeline and I will post production images as soon as I receive them.
PCB's for the kit are already in and I will be QCing them while I wait for the brass and acrylic pieces.

Production update 04/24/2020
Hi everyone, update for this group buy as of now. All pieces of keyboard kit have been ordered and production has started. I've been given an estimate of 30-60 days for the acrylic and brass pieces. I've asked for updates along the way and will update with production pictures when I get them.

Order Confirmation 04/24/2020

For everyone that is participating in the group buy, please review the google sheet link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KwUHJ9E_J02eciFE4nHPAYBqTN1mNx9EAw0_1dm5Bnw/edit?usp=sharing

I will be placing the final production order in 3 days so please let me know if the order is incorrect or if you want to make any changes by 9pm PST 04/26 . Thank you!

Group Buy Has Closed!

Group buy has officially concluded! Group buy ended with 60+ participants which way exceeded my expectations. Thank you to everyone that participated!

I will be going over the orders and organizing a sheet/doc in the next week. I plan on sharing that sheet on 4/22 - 4/25 (4/25 at the latest) so that everyone can confirm their orders and make any final changes you might want before I proceed with production.
Again if you have any questions please feel free to DM me on discord.
Thank you everyone!
Final Day Group Buy Album
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 Day Left!!
Hi everyone! Quick reminder that there is 1 day left! Just want to thank everyone that has supported this group buy so far. Again if you have any questions join the discord channel (linked below) to DM me.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Week 2 Update - April 12th, 2020!!

Thank you for everyone that has entered the group buy! Again production will happen and group buy will be open until April 19th, so there's one week left! The estimated timeline should still be accurate, however, there is a possibility that it can be pushed back slightly depending on how the whole pandemic situation plays out over the next few months. Hope everyone is staying safe!

A Few More Images

Week 1 Update - April 4th, 2020!!

Hi All!

Just wanted to give a quick week 1 update for this group buy. Response has been great and I appreciate all of you that have already picked up a kit! Just want to reiterate that there is no MOQ set so production is guaranteed.

I have also added the option to purchase an additional inner metal case for those that want more color options for their entire set. (Product has been added to the store page)

Per request I've made renders that show every possible color combination for this set

Renders For All Color Combinations

If you have any more questions, discord would be the best channel to DM me and thanks again for all the feedback and support! Hope everyone is staying safe during these times!

Hi Everyone,

This is the group buy for this project I have been working for a while now. All the final preparations have been made and the group buy process is now ready.

Introducing the Canon60. This is a hi-profile case comprised of a metal casing encased in acrylic.

I created this keyboard in an attempt to create a floating type design. I also personally like the combination of acrylic and polished metals.
In order to create a clean floating look, there are minimal screws in this design. (Screws are only used to fasten the PCB to the inner case. The rest of the case will be held together with neodymium magnets.

Structure of the overall design:

Render Gallery

Prototype Gallery

Overall Kit Details:

• Complete Case Kit w/o PCB = $325.00 (Excludes Shipping)
    • Brass PCB Plate:
      • 1.5 mm thick
      • Color Options: Gold PVD, Rose Gold PVD, Black Electroplated
      • PCB plate supports the following layouts
      • Badge (Music Note)
        • Color Options: Gold PVD, Rose Gold PVD, Black Electroplated
      • Angle Steel Blocks
      • Adhesive Rubber feet
    • Additional Brass PCB Plate = + $40.00
    • Additional Music Note Badge = + $15.00
    • Additional Angle Blocks = + $10.00
    • Optional 60% PCB: DZ60 by KBDFans = + $38.00
    Additional Details:

• Fastening Method: N52 Neodymium magnets will be the main fasteners for this case. The prototype has no problem staying together with these magnets. The magnets are also not so strong that it is too difficult to take the case apart.
      • Color options for neodymium magnets will be silver or gold.
    • Total Weight:
      • About 2.5kg with switches and plate.
      • About 2.1kg for just the case.
    • Case does support any standard 60% tray mount PCB, so you can use your own PCB and plate if a specific layout is not supported.

Link to the Store
    Typing Tests!
    Estimated Timeline:
    Group Buy will be open until April 19th 2020
    Estimated begin date for Production is April 25th, 2020 - May 9th, 2020
    Estimated end date for Production Mid to Late July Possibly August
    Estimated Shipping Dates September-October 2020

Join my DISCORD Server or Instagram for future updates!
    « Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 12:46:23 by Tobu »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
    • snoozing
    Re: [GB] Canon 60
    « Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 08:49:20 »
    approved
    Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Marko

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 13:14:35 »
    Is there going to be an hotswap version?

Offline Tobu

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 16:25:25 »
    Is there going to be an hotswap version?

The case fits most universal 60% pcbs. You can opt to not get the PCB in the kit and pick up a hot swap version out there from vendors like kbdfans, 1up keyboards, or any other vendor that sell them.

Offline Tobu

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:10:48 »
    Week 1 Updated Posted Above!

Offline Tobu

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 20:15:27 »
    Week 2 Update Posted

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - 1 Day Left!
    « Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 13:04:26 »
    Update Posted above

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - 1 Day Left!
    « Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 12:50:36 »
    Final update for group buy posted

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - GB Closed, Finalizing Orders
    « Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 20:02:29 »
    For everyone that is participating in the group buy, please review the google sheet link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KwUHJ9E_J02eciFE4nHPAYBqTN1mNx9EAw0_1dm5Bnw/edit?usp=sharing

I will be placing the final production order in 3 days so please let me know if the order is incorrect or if you want to make any changes 9pm PST 04/26 . Thank you!

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 22:52:04 »
    I joined this forum too late. Why did I miss this. Is it too late to even let one more purchase in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Tobu

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:19:40 »
    I joined this forum too late. Why did I miss this. Is it too late to even let one more purchase in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DMed

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - Production in progress!
    « Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 12:36:24 »
    05/03/2020 Update Posted

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - Production In Progress!
    « Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 19:33:46 »
    5/19/2020 Update Posted

Offline Tobu

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 14:26:40 »
    6/14/2020 Update posted above!

Offline Kreath

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 00:42:31 »
    Wow, this is beautiful. Sad I missed out on this. If anyone drops out or a r2 happens, sign me up.

Offline Tobu

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 13:59:46 »
    8/21/2020 Updated Posted

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - Shipping In Progress!
    « Reply #16 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:14:36 »
    10/23/2020
    Update Posted in main post!

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - Shipping In Progress!
    « Reply #17 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 17:55:27 »
    12/04/2020: Shipping has been completed!! Update on extras posted in main post.

Offline Tobu

Re: [GB] Canon 60 - B Stock Extras [12/04/2020]
    « Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 12:47:00 »
    12/11/2020: Information about B-Stock extras posted in main post