Author Topic: [IC] GMK SoWaRe - Replica or Inspired?  (Read 65107 times)

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
Re: [IC] GMK SoWaRe
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 12:33:07 »
Hooray!

That "thing" on MD is an abomination.

Offline olijuice

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 12:33:39 »
I like the current mockup in beige. It looks really nice.

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:18:51 »
Beige would be better mostly because we'll already have had the alphas via Hyperfuse and eventually Massdrop's "Sky Dolch" set.  Might as well get something we haven't gotten yet.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:27:09 »
More
I'd love a full replica... hmmm

Also wait what Massdrop is doing so ware?

They have a "sky dolch" going on:
https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sky-dolch

Not too happy about it, tbh.

Oh. screw that crap I want legit so ware.

Then why are you here?  Not like this is legit soware either, what with it's beige caps.

I like how this is claimed to be real soware in two other places and here?  "Oh we're open to doing original soware"  If it's original soware, you don't need to be sold on it, it should be that way already. 

EDIT: this isn't to say this is a bad set or whatever; it's actually kinda handsome in it's own way, but this isn't much closer to soware than MD's skolch (dolware?) is.  Maybe call it beiware if you keep colors as they are.

This is simply inspired by SoWaRe, as GMK simply does not have the exact same colours of the original, so I'd say a beige or light Grey (I prefer light Grey) will have to be a suitable alternative.

That's great and fine.  Don't call it and sell it as "real soware" if it's not.  It'd be like if the classic beige set suddenly got gray alphas, but was still being claimed to be classic beige because it was inspired by classic beige.

Again, nice set.  Still not soware, stop trying to hijack and sabotage other buys calling this real soware.

EDIT: I legit think this is a set that would look good on my white hhkb and am contemplating getting it (and skolch for my gray hhkb), but I don't like the adversarial bs around the two already.  No one pulls this when two other sets that don't look the same get started at the same time, why start it here.
Did you ever stop to think that when he said "real" he meant that this set includes the RGB?  I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post, but if you aren't interested in the set, then don't post in the Interest Check.  Nobody asked for you to come in here and bash other peoples opinions.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:30:42 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:42:37 »
More

Then why are you here?  Not like this is legit soware either, what with it's beige caps.

I like how this is claimed to be real soware in two other places and here?  "Oh we're open to doing original soware"  If it's original soware, you don't need to be sold on it, it should be that way already. 

EDIT: this isn't to say this is a bad set or whatever; it's actually kinda handsome in it's own way, but this isn't much closer to soware than MD's skolch (dolware?) is.  Maybe call it beiware if you keep colors as they are.

This is simply inspired by SoWaRe, as GMK simply does not have the exact same colours of the original, so I'd say a beige or light Grey (I prefer light Grey) will have to be a suitable alternative.

That's great and fine.  Don't call it and sell it as "real soware" if it's not.  It'd be like if the classic beige set suddenly got gray alphas, but was still being claimed to be classic beige because it was inspired by classic beige.

Again, nice set.  Still not soware, stop trying to hijack and sabotage other buys calling this real soware.

EDIT: I legit think this is a set that would look good on my white hhkb and am contemplating getting it (and skolch for my gray hhkb), but I don't like the adversarial bs around the two already.  No one pulls this when two other sets that don't look the same get started at the same time, why start it here.
Did you ever stop to think that when he said "real" he meant that this set includes the RGB?  I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post, but if you aren't interested in the set, then don't post in the Interest Check.  Nobody asked for you to come in here and bash other peoples opinions.

Lol wat?

How many times did I say I liked the set?  And exactly where in the op does it say anyone but me can say what they think about beige vs gray?

And either way rgb doesn't make soware.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:47:03 »
More

Uh. These IC are usually a place to input your criticism so when it goes production a good percentage of people are happy. Most OPs encourage it. If not, they'd try to run the GB already.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:52:02 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 15:15:46 by esoomenona »

Offline Den441

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:53:57 »
I have a soware set and can tell you it uses the SP colors BBQ for the legends on the mods and BBJ for the legends on the alphas. GMK doesn't have colors like that so this would indeed be an "inspired" set if it uses UN6037. Nothing wrong with that, but UN6037 has much more green in it than those SP colors. The render looks awesome, but I don't think it accurately depicts UN6037. Even so, I still think this set would look good.  I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

edit - I think if people truly want a SoWaRe replica, they should just use SP. Maybe go with the Cherry legends this time and take the WYSE out of the equation. I think that would look great too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:57:57 by Den441 »
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 13:59:23 »

We just finished criticizing Massdrop's set because it was true SoWaRe and everyone wanted a legit replica, then this IC comes out and isn't a replica. Why is it called SoWaRe?

We originally wanted to start the interest check with two final mockups, one inspired set (beige), one replica set (grey). The only reason that we started the interest check before we have final mockups is to let people know our intentions of running it, as there is a massdrop group buy for a similar set. If poeple were buying that, then we wouldn't run this. However, from interest so far, it looks like people want a GMK Soware run by geekhackers. The other benefit of starting it early is that we can get feedback on what everyone wants to see in this set. And if you read the interest check, we aren't saying this is a beige set, it could be if people like it, or it could be replica soware, but unfortunately that is all we have the mockup for right now.

All we ask is that you let us know via the google form what you would prefer, so that we can change this set to best fit GH's wants!

As I said earlier moose, the only mockup I have to offer right now is not the replica mockup, as that would likely require custom colours. This IC is to determine if the community would prefer a replica set or an inspired set. It is called SoWaRe because we are willing to run a replica SoWaRe set, or a set inspired by SoWaRe, in which case we would change the name. If GMK wasn't away I would have waited until I had a replica mockup, but unfortuntaely there is a 2 week wait, so I wanted to start this to gather interest

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 14:06:02 »
I personally find the beige ugly. Replica soware or bust

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 14:25:04 »
I didn't read the OP, but I'm in.

lol

I just read the magic 3 letters in the topic and was sold  :p

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 14:32:37 »
Gray and please no front printed legends...please!!!!

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 14:49:50 »
After staring at my Wyse caps, Dolch caps, and pic of gmk colors, I think that 2B might be the best choice for mods and maybe 2M for alphas.  GMK doesn't appear to have much in the way of light greys.

From what I can tell, CC for the modifiers and 2M for the alphas might be the closes match. This is pure speculation though... :blank:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 15:01:41 »
More
More

Lol wat?

How many times did I say I liked the set?  And exactly where in the op does it say anyone but me can say what they think about beige vs gray?

And either way rgb doesn't make soware.
I apologize for misunderstanding your response.  However, RGB and Yellow arrows are parts of the original soware.

More
More

Uh. These IC are usually a place to input your criticism so when it goes production a good percentage of people are happy. Most OPs encourage it. If not, they'd try to run the GB already.

I understand that, and agree.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 15:09:12 »
Filled the survey. Not a fan of the beige alphas, but would definitely buy a true GMK replica.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 15:22:41 »
After staring at my Wyse caps, Dolch caps, and pic of gmk colors, I think that 2B might be the best choice for mods and maybe 2M for alphas.  GMK doesn't appear to have much in the way of light greys.

From what I can tell, CC for the modifiers and 2M for the alphas might be the closes match. This is pure speculation though... :blank:

Yeah, the perfect shade is probably half way between CC and 2B  :))  Either way, I'd be in for a set or two!

Offline archer

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 16:17:27 »
Survey submitted!

+1 for light grey alphas

SoWaRe has always been my fav colorway; I'd love to see a true GMK replica! (I'd buy several sets :D)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: [IC] GMK SoWaRe - Replica or Inspired?
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 16:46:35 »
Thanks for the passionate feedback in this Interest Check, guys :)

So far, Grey does seem to be the more popular pick right now, even though Beige is not too far off as well ~

There could be more possible options in the near future with further interest, so please keep giving us feedback!

Please do fill out the Google survey, if you are interested ~ Even though we are reading everyone's posts, it's much easier to keep track when it's documented in there :3

We greatly appreciate it!

~ I'll try to get back to ppl's individual questions later tonight when I have more free time ~

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 17:29:22 »
I would love to start seeing sets being made to fit the real force. I know it's pretty much impossible since GMK doesn't make 6u spacebars (that I know of) but with Bunnys sliders coming out soon... Need some GMK on dat beast.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 17:39:59 »
I have a soware set and can tell you it uses the SP colors BBQ for the legends on the mods and BBJ for the legends on the alphas. GMK doesn't have colors like that so this would indeed be an "inspired" set if it uses UN6037. Nothing wrong with that, but UN6037 has much more green in it than those SP colors. The render looks awesome, but I don't think it accurately depicts UN6037. Even so, I still think this set would look good.  I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Thank you for the colour codes!

I just happen to have both SP and GMK colour-rings, and could definitely lend a hand to byker with the colour selection.

Edit: Den, do you know what are the base colour codes for the alphas and mods?
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 18:30:29 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:18:11 »
Just spent some time comparing the colours, so we can hopefully end the discussion on UN6037 being too different for SoWaRe.

UN6037 on the left, BBQ on the right:

Additionally, thanks to ghostjuggernaut, who happens to own both:

I'll let the photos do the talking.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:21:30 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:39:19 »
I didn't read the OP, but I'm in.

I'd be in for light grey. Keepin it OG.

What mah peeps said. :-*

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:40:50 »
Just spent some time comparing the colours, so we can hopefully end the discussion on UN6037 being too different for SoWaRe.

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the photos of the legend colors!  What are the close matches you see to GSX (alphas) and GTD (mods)?

Offline Den441

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:46:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Wow it almost looks like the same color on my monitor from those pics. I still say UN6037 is a little bit greener though in person just looking at it. I think you could use UN6037 for the legends on the mods though. It is close enough there that it does not justify the cost of a custom color. I can't think of the GMK color code used on the Dolch alphas, but those Dolch alphas match my soware mods. I'm pretty sure that was what was used in the render for the mods already. However, you would still need something for the BBJ on the legends for the alphas. I don't think UN6037 will cut it on those, and you'll end up with alphas that look very similar to what feng has on his GMK cyan set.
edit - Karura I don't know the Sp color codes for the mods and the alphas, but I do know the the mods for soware match my GMK Dolch spacebar/alphas almost perfectly like I said above. The only thing left to figure out is the color of the alphas. I will try but it is hard for me to discern SP greys from each other
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 19:57:18 by Den441 »

Offline Den441

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 20:20:41 »
Ok, so I found out that dolch alpha color is "CC." So UN6037 on CC for the mods....that is pretty much a dead ringer. N9 is used in the render for the mods, so I think that is too dark. That is also the same color on the dolch mods.

Then for the alphas, some color like SP''s BBJ on some color like SP's GSX. I'm about 80% sure it is GSX that was used. I know it isn't GSL because that is what round 4 retro used (I own it) and it is lighter than my soware alphas. GMK might have a light grey that you can use, but I don't know about BBJ.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2015, 20:23:01 by Den441 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 20:50:40 »
I'm honestly having a hard time following all the color codes being tossed around here, but I will say that I really like the idea of being able to mix and match these with GMK Hyperfuse, if that's possible while staying reasonably close to the original SoWaRe.

As for beige vs. light gray, I don't have a preference.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 22:34:00 »
Light grey and you got me in!!!!  :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Offline Den441

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 23:50:48 »
Hmm I just remembered that GMK Hyperfuse also uses UN6037 on CC for the mods. I haven't seen a picture of that set yet, but they should look almost exactly like the soware mods given how closely UN6037 mimics BBQ. You could also use 2M like hyperfuse for the alphas' light grey.

Indeed, that would make this share many things with GMK hyperfuse. The difference would be that this set would only use that mod color scheme for some of the mods because of the RGBY on CC for the shift keys, bottom row, and arrow cluster. And of course the other differences are the solid F-Stripe and the BBJ custom color. I think it would be different enough personally. Plus, the original hyperfuse dcs was pretty similar to the original soware which came before it. Even back then the sets shared mods and alphas of the same colors. So now everything comes full circle! That is my opinion on the colors for this set. If that custom color and the associated MOQ is viable, then the color scheme  I talked about should be a 95% replica of the original SoWaRe. Of course there is no "WYSE" font, so it is more like "Sora Cherry".

Unfortunately the custom color may not be viable, but if that happens then I would still like to see an "inspired" set that takes some risks color-wise to make up for it.  I promise I'm done talking about color codes now :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 23:52:47 »
Hmm I just remembered that GMK Hyperfuse also uses UN6037 on CC for the mods. I haven't seen a picture of that set yet, but they should look almost exactly like the soware mods given how closely UN6037 mimics BBQ.

Ergo my statement:

Another possibility is doing the RGBY mods in CC and running that with the Alphas.  Since a **** ton of people bought Hyperfuse, if someone wanted to do SoWare instead, they'd only really have to swap the Alphas.  That restricts the number of boards you could use the set on, but makes for a cheaper set.  Just an idea.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:00:09 »
i think they should go with another colorway period. hyperfuse is already close to soware as is.

orange crush orange crush orange crush!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:02:36 »
Not a fan of orange crush, but still would love to see some new colorways. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:03:24 »
well you drink watermelon mint

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:03:57 »

And you drive a Ford.  I guess both of us make some poor life decisions.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:04:36 »

and you drive the asian ford

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:05:43 »

and you drive the asian ford

Which, apparently, has some sort of ****ty driver attraction field :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:06:51 »
CHECK MATE

dude the way u get into accidents u need to get your insurance with no deductible
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:09:27 by demik »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:09:41 »
CHECK MATE

dude the way u get into accidents u need to your insurance with no deductible

I have literally never had an accident until recently, then I had two ****ing dumbasses cause them.  This last one beyond pissed me off since he's apparently blind and deaf.

I'm seriously considering selling my car and getting a ****ty beater if there's one more accident.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 00:10:39 »
CHECK MATE

dude the way u get into accidents u need to your insurance with no deductible

I have literally never had an accident until recently, then I had two ****ing dumbasses cause them.  This last one beyond pissed me off since he's apparently blind and deaf.

I'm seriously considering selling my car and getting a ****ty beater if there's one more accident.
oh no. that's the last step of hipsterism.

the beater car.

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 05:18:11 »
here is the question

U9 is light grey?? or other is light grey??

which one is the light grey?  :-X :-X :-X :-X

====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======
HHKBClack ClickTopre
RealForce 87uClack ClickTopre 55g
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
Minila AirGranite DSABrown
?????Red
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======

Offline Polymer

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 09:31:36 »
Another +1 for, if you're going to call it SoWaRe to use the right colors...

No problem w/ the colors you selected...(I wouldn't get it with beige not that my opinion should matter) but don't call it SoWaRe...call it something else..

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 11:38:57 »
here is the question

U9 is light grey?? or other is light grey??

which one is the light grey?  :-X :-X :-X :-X

U9 is the beige colour shown in the mockup in the OP. If we chose to go with light grey, than the final colour has yet to be decided on.

Another +1 for, if you're going to call it SoWaRe to use the right colors...

No problem w/ the colors you selected...(I wouldn't get it with beige not that my opinion should matter) but don't call it SoWaRe...call it something else..

We understand this, and would never run a different keyset while calling it SoWaRe. This IC is to determine if enough people want a group buy for this, and if they do, would they prefer SoWaRe, or a similar keyset (unnamed).

Offline dutC4

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:08:26 »
Render looks amazing with beige so that's what I voted for, it reminds me of a PS1 controller. I hope there can be a second 2.25" shift included or in a kit so FC660 owners wouldn't have to buy two full sets  :'(
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:11:02 by dutC4 »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 19:00:02 »
Render looks amazing with beige so that's what I voted for, it reminds me of a PS1 controller. I hope there can be a second 2.25" shift included or in a kit so FC660 owners wouldn't have to buy two full sets  :'(
Show Image

Note that GMK renders are notoriously colour-inaccurate. The colours in the render do not reflect what the set would actually look like.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 00:29:39 »
Show Image

Note that GMK renders are notoriously colour-inaccurate. The colours in the render do not reflect what the set would actually look like.

Yeah the GMK renders tend to be pretty awful
With UN6037 it looks like the colour was picked by Helen Keller

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 01:38:54 »
Everybody seems to be getting pretty worked up over this. I think both options, replica and inspired, look great and would consider buying either.

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over the matter though? Was SoWaRe some sort of iconic set? If so why are you guys getting so agitated? If you don't own one of the original sets, this set won't be the original either. If it's purism to keep the name of a colour set true to its meaning within the community I get it, but I don't see why anyone would be getting antsy about a similar set being made with beige in the place of grey.

Am I missing something? Was SoWaRe a prestigious set?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:26:12 »
Everybody seems to be getting pretty worked up over this. I think both options, replica and inspired, look great and would consider buying either.

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over the matter though? Was SoWaRe some sort of iconic set? If so why are you guys getting so agitated? If you don't own one of the original sets, this set won't be the original either. If it's purism to keep the name of a colour set true to its meaning within the community I get it, but I don't see why anyone would be getting antsy about a similar set being made with beige in the place of grey.

The community takes its colorways seriously. There are people out there that have spent a lot of time and effort developing their own colorways such as Matteo and Bunny. There is sort of a code of respect that says first of all you should respect the original designers wishes surrounding the sets and do not tamper with other people's designs.

SoWaRe is pretty close to legendary as it is a relatively old set and there is not much of it around

I'm fairly new though so I might miss out on some other reasons though

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 05:07:56 »

The community takes its colorways seriously. There are people out there that have spent a lot of time and effort developing their own colorways such as Matteo and Bunny. There is sort of a code of respect that says first of all you should respect the original designers wishes surrounding the sets and do not tamper with other people's designs.

SoWaRe is pretty close to legendary as it is a relatively old set and there is not much of it around

I'm fairly new though so I might miss out on some other reasons though

Yeah I know about the passion for design around here. Just wasn't sure why everyone was getting so intense about this set in particular.

I can see it though, it's a damn nice set and I want some of it too (SoWaRe that is). Will be interested to see how this plan turns out.

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:41:15 »
I'm definitely a fan of the beige. If the gray looks anything like the version on MD, that would be unfortunate.

I'm also not a big fan of the icons. Would prefer old school text, or text + icons.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:11:00 »
I'm definitely a fan of the beige. If the gray looks anything like the version on MD, that would be unfortunate.

I'm also not a big fan of the icons. Would prefer old school text, or text + icons.

I can back you up on wanting the old school text, that would be awesome
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 10:02:02 »
I LOVE this set, would join 100%, I love those arrows, that R3 Control

Some suggestions:

1) 1.25 "Control" as "Ctrl" - so it doesn't clash with the R3 1.75 "Control" when they are used together, I use the 1.75 Control's to actually control stuff for example, while the "Ctrl" is for signals, I don't know what others think, but regardless off my usage, "Ctrl" also seems more elegant
2) Lined F/J's please :) (as extras, alternatives)
3) (selfish) Side prints suck in general
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days