Author Topic: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th  (Read 75311 times)

Offline Pyk_

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - Update 2 (23/8) - New kits
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 03:14:28 »
It’s interesting that there’s no spacebars in the 40s/ortho kit which makes the bars kit is required. Maybe include dark spacebars (like ergo) with the 40s/ortho kit? That way the kit includes them but doesn’t duplicate what’s in the bars kit.

Plus I wouldn’t mind the option of dark bars.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:01:51 »
I'd like to suggest the following kitting changes. (When I say Mods, I'm referring to the current TKL/Specialty kit.)
  • Add R1 1u \| (alpha-colored) to Alphas.
    • This is useful not just for ≥60%, but also some 40% boards. This key is currently missing altogether.

• Remove R1 1u \| (mod-colored) from Mods.
    • Mod-colored 1u pipe is not commonly used. See here for details.

• Replace R3 1.25u Menu with Fn in Mods.
    • Fn is the more common legend, used on a wide variety of boards and sizes. It's also more generic than Menu and can be used in its place, whereas the opposite isn't really the case.

• Add R1 1u F13 (mod-colored) to Mods.
    • For some popular and up-and-coming TKLs (e.g. Jane v2 CE, IRON180).

• Change Ctrl legend to Control on R3 1.75u and 1.5u.
    • The longer legend fits these key sizes better, and SP has the molds.

• Move 7u space from Alphas to Mods.
    • 7u is only used on ≥60% boards for the most part. This ties in to the next suggestion.

• Split the Mods kit up in order to better accommodate 40s users.
    • This is something that SA Skyriter forgot to do. Currently, Ortho/40s functions as a standalone mods kit only for orthos — 40s users still need to buy the Mods kit. However, that kit is pretty large and is going to be expensive, and 40s users will be paying for a lot of unnecessary keys. Since there are no pricing drawbacks to splitting kits with SP SA, I suggest splitting the Mods kit into TKL and Specialties, like so:

TKL — Keep standard TKL compat in this kit, but also include Tsangan (7u space, 2× 1.5u Ctrl, 2× 1u Super, 2× 1.5u Alt) and HHKB (1.5u Backspace, 1.75u Control, 1.75u Shift, 1u Fn) compat. This will cover the most popular TKL and 60% options, as well as give 40s users all the extra keys they need (the crucial R4 1.75u Shift, R3 1.25u mods for bottom and ASDF rows, R3 1.5u mods, R2 1.5u Backspace, even 7u space).

Specialties — Move everything else into Specialties.

KLE

• Additionally, R4 1.75u Lock can be removed from Ortho/40s.
    • The Minivan Lock key needs to be R3 (bottom row), but this is already covered by Caps Lock and Control from TKL mods.

• Add R3 1.5u and 1.75u Function (or Func or Fn, not sure which molds SP has) to Specialties.
    • This benefits both ≥60% (e.g. WKL TKL, Fn instead of Caps) and 40s (e.g. Pearl, Minivan) users.

• Move one R4 1u Shift from Ortho/40s to Specialties.
    • This benefits both ortho (e.g. Planck w/o arrows) and 60% w/ arrows (e.g. GK64) users.

• Add R3 1.25u Enter to Ortho/40s.
    • In conjunction with the R2 1.5u Backspace from TKL, this covers 40s boards such as UT47.2, Whimsy, Dimple, Equinox etc.

• Since Shift-row 1u Fn is not commonly used on 40% boards, replace this key and the removed 1u Shift with a generic 1u Meta key.
  • Also add generic R3 1u and 1.25u Meta keys.
    • This benefits ≥60% (e.g. as Menu on TKL), 40s (e.g. instead of Tab on R3, or as extra bottom row keys) and ortho (e.g. as Fn2 or second OS key on Planck).
  • You can use Code or Menu instead of Meta for these generic keys. Your choice. Meta or Code would work best, imo (cause, ya know, coffee and coders).

• Less important, but I thought I'd include it anyway: Add R3 1.5u Shift to Specialties.
      • This benefits only a few boards at the moment: Evolv (75%); UT47.2, Whimsy, QAZ (staggered 40%); but more boards may use it in the future.

• By making these changes to the kits, your set will essentially be able to cover any ortho or staggered 40% keyboard out there, alongside 60%, 65%, 75% etc.

Refer to the above image for any further suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm also available in the Keycap Designers and 40% Discord servers if you'd like to discuss.

Edit: updated image, added and fixed up a few suggestions
    « Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2020, 10:13:52 by konstantin »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:09:00 »
    I'd like to suggest the following kitting changes. (When I say Mods, I'm referring to the current TKL/Specialty kit.)
      • This is useful not just for ≥60%, but also some 40% boards. This key is currently missing altogether.

• Fn is the more common legend, used on a wide variety of boards and sizes. It's also more generic than Menu and can be used in its place, whereas the opposite isn't really the case.

• 7u is only used on ≥60% boards for the most part. This ties in to the next suggestion.

• This is something that SA Skyriter forgot to do. Currently, Ortho/40s functions as a standalone mods kit only for orthos — 40s users still need to buy the Mods kit. However, that kit is pretty large and is going to be expensive, and 40s users will be paying for a lot of unnecessary keys. Since there are no pricing drawbacks to splitting kits with SP SA, I suggest splitting the Mods kit into TKL and Specialties, like so:

TKL — Keep standard TKL compat in this kit, but also include Tsangan (7u space, 2× 1.5u Ctrl, 2× 1u Super, 2× 1.5u Alt) and HHKB (1.5u Backspace, 1.75u Shift, 1u Fn) compat. This will cover the most popular TKL and 60% options, as well as give 40s users all the extra keys they need (the crucial R4 1.75u Shift, R3 1.25u mods for bottom and ASDF rows, R3 1.5u mods, R2 1.5u Backspace, even 7u space).

Show Image

• The Minivan Lock key needs to be R3, but this is already covered by Caps Lock from TKL mods.

• Add R3 1.5u and 1.75u Function (or Func or Fn, not sure which molds SP has) to Specialties.
      • This benefits both ≥60% (e.g. WKL TKL, Fn instead of Caps) and 40s (e.g. Pearl, Minivan) users.

• This benefits both ortho (e.g. Planck w/o arrows) and 60% w/ arrows (e.g. GK64) users.

• Since Shift-row 1u Fn is not commonly used on 40% boards, replace this key and the removed 1u Shift with a generic 1u Meta key.
      • This benefits ≥60% (e.g. as Menu on TKL), 40s (e.g. instead of Tab on R3, or as extra bottom row keys) and ortho (e.g. as Fn2 or second OS key on Planck).
    • You can use Code or Menu instead of Meta for these generic ueys. Your choice. Meta and Code work best, imo (cause, ya know, coffee and coders).

Refer to the above image for any further suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm also available in the Keycap Designers Discord if you'd like to discuss.
    It’s too early for a retrospective on Skyriter although I’d perhaps do some things differently if running it again, but there is a downside to splitting kits. MOQ. If you split a kit apart you have to consider what it’s MOQ can be. One benefit to putting obscure keycaps together with more common ones is you can ensure a higher MOQ and therefore lower prices. It’s a very fine balance for sure and I like what you’re saying here Konstantin but I just wanted to add this perspective.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
    « Reply #53 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:44:26 »
    It’s too early for a retrospective on Skyriter although I’d perhaps do some things differently if running it again, but there is a downside to splitting kits. MOQ. If you split a kit apart you have to consider what it’s MOQ can be. One benefit to putting obscure keycaps together with more common ones is you can ensure a higher MOQ and therefore lower prices. It’s a very fine balance for sure and I like what you’re saying here Konstantin but I just wanted to add this perspective.

Hi Cijanzen, thank you for your input, much appreciated as always. The highlighted bit is exactly why these kits are split in such a way that Specialties is useful to everyone, not just ≥60% users. I have no doubt that if this set is as successful as, say, SA Skyriter, it will do well with this kind of kitting and have no trouble meeting MOQ on all kits, while at the same time giving users more flexibility.

Of course, nothing is 100% for certain, and it's up to the runner to decide what would work best for the set based on the feedback and amount of interest he's gathered so far.

Other kitting decisions were also made bearing the above in mind: for example, I opted to give Ortho/40s their own spacekeys and not force them to buy Spacebars, since space kits usually sell well anyway and don't need the extra boost from 40% users. However, as with everything else, this also is up for discussion; I think the way the current kits do it (and how Skyriter does it) is fine as well.

Out of the keys that I added to Specialties, probably not all of them are necessary. A few could be cut if needed, in order to secure an attractive price point for Alphas+TKL+Specialties, which is what I assume a lot of (if not most) people would be buying.
    « Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:50:49 by konstantin »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 09:48:25 »

Hi Cijanzen, thank you for your input, much appreciated as always. The highlighted bit is exactly why these kits are split in such a way that Specialties is useful to everyone, not just ≥60% users. I have no doubt that if this set is as successful as, say, SA Skyriter, it will do well with this kind of kitting and have no trouble meeting MOQ on all kits, while at the same time giving users more flexibility.

Of course, nothing is 100% for certain, and it's up to the runner to decide what would work best for the set based on the feedback and amount of interest he's received so far.

Other kitting decisions were made bearing this in mind as well: for example, I chose to give Ortho/40s their own spacekeys and not force them to buy Spacebars, since space kits usually sell well anyway and don't need the extra boost from 40% users. However, as with everything else, this also is up for discussion; I think the way the current kits do it (and how Skyriter does it) is fine as well.

Out of the keys that I added to Specialties, probably not all of them are necessary. A few could be cut if needed in order to secure an attractive price point for Alphas+TKL+Specialties, which I assume is what a lot of (if not most) people would be buying.
    I agree completely. I think what you offered as suggestions are excellent ideas. I’m not actually sure my MOQ argument kicks in unless you’re talking about very low numbers anyways, and as you said, the specialty kit is valuable for both sub and above 60% users so there’s no reason it shouldn’t do well as a kit.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
    « Reply #55 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 10:07:21 »
    By the way, I got caught up with the kitting and forgot to say that I love the colors of this set, I'll definitely be looking to pick one up to go with my Bauer ;)

Offline JPoc

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 30 August 2020, 13:13:28 »
    By the way, I got caught up with the kitting and forgot to say that I love the colors of this set, I'll definitely be looking to pick one up to go with my Bauer ;)

That's some great feedback, really appreciate that you took the time to be so detailed. I'm gonna go through it this week and probably do many of these changes. Thanks a lot!

Offline Emolokz

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 02:34:35 »
    I should submit this via the IC form: a friend of mine mentioned that they'd love to see this with the mods also following the gradient instead of being brown.  Perhaps that could be an extra mods kit? 

Offline JPoc

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - Novelties | Vendors | Updated Kits - Update 3 (9/16)
    « Reply #58 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:38:21 »
    Hey everyone! After a few weeks of working on the set I bring you a pretty big update. I added novelties, a deskmat, reworked a few kits based on the great feedback konstantin gave me, and I'm also very pleased to add the vendors that I have for this set so far.

As always, thanks a lot for the support, and would love to know what you think about the update.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:51:37 »
    Looking good, well done so far. Any thoughts on a novelty for the ISO enter?

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
    « Reply #60 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:00:16 »

TKL — Keep standard TKL compat in this kit, but also include Tsangan (7u space, 2× 1.5u Ctrl, 2× 1u Super, 2× 1.5u Alt) and HHKB (1.5u Backspace, 1.75u Control, 1.75u Shift, 1u Fn) compat. This will cover the most popular TKL and 60% options, as well as give 40s users all the extra keys they need (the crucial R4 1.75u Shift, R3 1.25u mods for bottom and ASDF rows, R3 1.5u mods, R2 1.5u Backspace, even 7u space).

Show Image

KLE

• The Minivan Lock key needs to be R3 (bottom row), but this is already covered by Caps Lock and Control from TKL mods.

• Add R3 1.25u Enter to Ortho/40s.
      • In conjunction with the R2 1.5u Backspace from TKL, this covers 40s boards such as UT47.2, Whimsy, Dimple, Equinox etc.

• You can use Code or Menu instead of Meta for these generic keys. Your choice. Meta or Code would work best, imo (cause, ya know, coffee and coders).

• Less important, but I thought I'd include it anyway: Add R3 1.5u Shift to Specialties.
        • This benefits only a few boards at the moment: Evolv (75%); UT47.2, Whimsy, QAZ (staggered 40%); but more boards may use it in the future.

• By making these changes to the kits, your set will essentially be able to cover any ortho or staggered 40% keyboard out there, alongside 60%, 65%, 75% etc.

Refer to the above image for any further suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm also available in the Keycap Designers and 40% Discord servers if you'd like to discuss.

Edit: updated image, added and fixed up a few suggestions

I see you in a lot of IC threads I follow and I just want to say I learn a lot from these long comments of yours.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:01:29 »
      Also: these novelties are on point, especially that ole cappuccino pattern. These are a must-buy for me, can't wait for 2021.

Offline JPoc

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:31:26 »
      Also: these novelties are on point, especially that ole cappuccino pattern. These are a must-buy for me, can't wait for 2021.
      Thanks a lot, very glad you like them.

Looking good, well done so far. Any thoughts on a novelty for the ISO enter?

Thank you. No plans for ISO enter novelty at the moment.

Offline MoonOperator

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:41:36 »
      Oh this would look great with the U80 SEQ2 in Soya. I just ordered the Yolk version but now I'm having second thoughts.

Love the novelties!

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:53:49 »
      After seeing the updated novelties, well-done on those. Would you be willing to add in 2 more lighter-shade colors of waves on the desk mat? I think it'd be a lot more foamy-espresso-looking with a white cream color wave on top that matches the legends of the caps along with a shade in between that one and the current top color wave to create that brewed foam effect.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #65 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 15:59:16 »
      Updated kits are looking good. I also concur with the previous posters that the new novelties look great! I'm really enjoying where this set is heading.

I see you in a lot of IC threads I follow and I just want to say I learn a lot from these long comments of yours.
      I'm happy to hear that :)

Offline justinhigley

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:45:18 »
      Novelties are well done. It would be nice if there was an additional 1u novelty for R2, R3, and R4 for the boards that have macro columns on the lefthand side but really just picking at nits here.

Offline zuggykeys

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:49:42 »
      Really like the set as it combines a couple of my favorite hobbies.  On the novelties, on idea that popped to mind for iconography was the idea of having legends to represent coffee growing regions.  E.g. a silhouette of Africa, or Brazil. 

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 01:58:06 »
      Gorgeous looking set. It's almost as if I can taste the espresso just looking at it. Tempted to get this, and I don't even like SA profile.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
      « Reply #69 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 04:02:59 »
      Seriously, that deskmat.  Every time there has been an update, my order has increased, now with those Novelties and that deskmat.  I might order a new desk just to show this one off.  This is superb in every detail.
      Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
      More
      Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
      Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
      Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
        Keyboards -
      More
      IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:23:36 »
      Seriously, that deskmat.  Every time there has been an update, my order has increased, now with those Novelties and that deskmat.  I might order a new desk just to show this one off.  This is superb in every detail.

Right? Oh how nice! But I'll only order what I nee-
      Oh wow those novelties are tight! Okay, maybe add only tha-
      Goddamn that deskmat is gorgeous.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #71 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:53:26 »
      Any chance we could get a render of this set on a bronze/brass Bauer?

Offline jiezhou

• https://jiekb.com
        • JIEZHOU
      « Reply #72 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 10:33:43 »
      Any chance to have a colevrak or colevark+ kit?

Offline kwhilden

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 11:28:03 »
      I am starting to really like this set. Good job making it SA profile because people are starting to once-again realize that it's really good for touch typing. I personally love it.

A couple of comments. The ergo kit needs another 1.5u bottom row for Sol, Boardwalk, Boardrun, etc... These are becoming very popular now while ergodox is waning.

Have you considered a mods kit that uses the gradient colors? I think that would look amazing.

Offline JPoc

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 19:02:53 »
      Updated kits are looking good. I also concur with the previous posters that the new novelties look great! I'm really enjoying where this set is heading.

Glad to hear that! Thanks again for the help with the kits, it was very useful.

Would you be willing to add in 2 more lighter-shade colors of waves on the desk mat?

I played a bit with that but the current number of waves looked better imo. I might still give it a try tho.

On the novelties, on idea that popped to mind for iconography was the idea of having legends to represent coffee growing regions.  E.g. a silhouette of Africa, or Brazil.

I really like that idea, will give it a try for sure. Thanks for mentioning it!

Any chance to have a colevrak or colevark+ kit?

Sorry I'm not considering it at the moment.

A couple of comments. The ergo kit needs another 1.5u bottom row for Sol, Boardwalk, Boardrun, etc... These are becoming very popular now while ergodox is waning.

Have you considered a mods kit that uses the gradient colors? I think that would look amazing.

Thank you, I will look into those layouts. I'm trying out alternate color kits for alphas and mods but not sure yet if they will stay.

Offline General_Pretzel

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 13:59:28 »
      So happy to see my latte/mocha art suggestion made it in as a novelty! Looks awesome! Great update! :)

Offline lnmq

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 23:45:36 »
      It's beautiful. I'll get one.
      When is the expected time for group buy?

Offline BigBeile

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 18:00:40 »
      Love it. Pretty nice set
      I am in

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
      « Reply #78 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 10:43:02 »
      When can we expect GB to start?
      9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
      Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
      SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Operation Wolf

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 06:38:50 »
      Registered, just say what a magnificent set this is and please let us join the GB as soon as possible.  :thumb:

Offline tinytoots

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 08:48:01 »
      Any update about GB start date? Cannot wait!

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
      « Reply #81 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 19:18:00 »
      Ahh, this looks really good now! Those colours hit the mark on what a good espresso should look like.

I'm not sure I dig the latte art novelties since this is Espresso, but who am I kidding, I need those novelties.

Looking forward to seeing this finalized and moving towards a GB.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
      « Reply #82 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 03:06:39 »
      What do you think of coffee seeds on those R3 mods?
      9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
      Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
      SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline nico.psd

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 13:41:44 »
      I love this, can't decide on if I'd want to 40% it or Ergo it, but I'm pretty certain I want to throw my money at it!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #84 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 13:50:02 »
      Hey, I just noticed that there is no F13 key in the kits. Would you consider adding this (mod-colored) key to the Specialties kit?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 14:35:20 »
      I feel like I would love this on a beige/eggshell/cream/offwhite board, to recreate the effect of milk or cream.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
      « Reply #86 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 16:04:31 »
      For me this has to go onto the Mesa TKL in white or the Bear Ergo in white
      Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
      More
      Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
      Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
      Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
        Keyboards -
      More
      IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline CandyDoc

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 11:39:27 »
      Love the set! If this goes into the GB it will be my first SA set!
      Hope i can buy a mojo60 walnut and get it onto that... i imagine it could look realy good  ;D

Offline Sumthingasian

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 19:58:10 »
      I think i saw it mentioned here somewhere, but I feel the need to get a PC board to mimic the look of a shot glass with this set  :eek: ;D

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 08:37:11 »
      This keyset is what got me stalking the forums, I really really hope it gets made and I'm worried that since there hasn't been any updates that it might get lost to the void. Any news?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 09:58:16 »
      This keyset is what got me stalking the forums, I really really hope it gets made and I'm worried that since there hasn't been any updates that it might get lost to the void. Any news?
      If the op does eventually abandon it for some reason, there's no reason you, or someone else, couldn't take over or run a set that looks exactly the same. It's a lot of work, but if you really wanted it..
      You'd have to wait awhile though, I've seen gb threads were seemingly abandoned for months, come back to life.

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 19:06:52 »
      If the op does eventually abandon it for some reason, there's no reason you, or someone else, couldn't take over or run a set that looks exactly the same. It's a lot of work, but if you really wanted it..
      You'd have to wait awhile though, I've seen gb threads were seemingly abandoned for months, come back to life.

I might consider it, will have to sit down and figure out how and the logistics and such.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
        • esc lab
      « Reply #92 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 19:46:43 »
      Reminds me of caramel.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:13:30 »
      I don't think the gradient works, like at all. the color of the top row with the mods as they are would be a great set!
      Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:23:12 »
      I don't think the gradient works, like at all. the color of the top row with the mods as they are would be a great set!
      You’re wrong. It’s Espresso, not Caramel Latte. The gradient is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:27:04 »

I mean, I don’t know what your espresso looks like, mine is usually a layer of foam on top of the liquid, not a gradient...
      Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:29:52 »

I mean, I don’t know what your espresso looks like, mine is usually a layer of foam on top of the liquid, not a gradient...
      When you pour milk or cream into espresso, the color shifts. You want an all caramel set. That’s boring, but maybe you like simple, plain jane things. I think the OC hit this dead on and I’m definitely in for it!

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:40:13 »

When you pour milk or cream into espresso, the color shifts. You want an all caramel set. That’s boring, but maybe you like simple, plain jane things. I think the OC hit this dead on and I’m definitely in for it!

Gotta love resulting to personal insults because we don't agree on whether colors look nice or not lmao

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:44:26 »

Gotta love resulting to personal insults because we don't agree on whether colors look nice or not lmao
      Personal insults? Lol. You must be pretty soft if you think that’s an insult. I was just saying your opinion. Gradient is too much for you, you want a simple set with all one color alphas. I recommend KAT PBJ if you haven’t seen it, it looks really good. Maybe you’ll like it. Hopefully this doesn’t “personally insult you”. Funny guy, funny guy

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:48:25 »
      not sure where I said I don't like gradients? I don't mind them, but they are very very hard to make look good and imo it doesn't work here. That's just my opinion though. no need to be a jerk because someone disagrees with you. have a nice day