Author Topic: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (moved to GB)  (Read 233666 times)

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Prototype finished!)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:47:16 »
Will e-white still be a colour option?

As far as I know, e-white is one of the easier colors to do, so yes I reckon it will be  :)

Offline Erigorin

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:49:10 »

As far as I know, e-white is one of the easier colors to do, so yes I reckon it will be  :)
Oh I really hope so! I'm planning to combine the eclipse with GMK Minimall!

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:55:39 »
Please take my money...

- QTY, first round will most likely be limited to 150 units FCFS. This is simply to make sure the quality can be met to match the samples on all units.

Offline ogp3

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:47:01 »
This is absolutely beautiful! I love the changes you made, really excited for this GB - praying I’ll be able to snag a spot!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:55:00 »
Proto is looking good! I agree the gap could be tightened up a little though.

Offline werc

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:36:23 »
+1 for hotswap. Would love to see that.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:44:12 »

And the best too!

Offline rmw2013

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 17:30:25 »
Despite the slightly thicker bezels I'm still really excited for this case!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline azzipa

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 12:48:34 »
Seems like there isn’t much consensus on what to call this layout. This thread has gone from "TKL" 60% to 70% gasket mount, and Quinella called it a FKL TKL. Maybe it doesn’t matter what we call it, but I’m thinking Compact TKL mostly because there doesn’t seem to be much consensus around a 70% layout. I guess I don't really care as long as this board makes it to GB.

By the way, I went back and read the thread on Cygnus. Lots of drama. Likely based on a stolen design from Bisoromi which went sideways. The full read is here. It got me thinking about where 'ownership' of a design or concept ends and public domain begins. Does anyone own a layout? Probably not. Besides, check out the Drevo Caliber 71. Seems to be the same layout and Amazon puts the listing date as December 2016, way before anything was ever posted here on GH.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 13:09:08 »
Seems like there isn’t much consensus on what to call this layout. This thread has gone from "TKL" 60% to 70% gasket mount, and Quinella called it a FKL TKL. Maybe it doesn’t matter what we call it, but I’m thinking Compact TKL mostly because there doesn’t seem to be much consensus around a 70% layout. I guess I don't really care as long as this board makes it to GB.

By the way, I went back and read the thread on Cygnus. Lots of drama. Likely based on a stolen design from Bisoromi which went sideways. The full read is here. It got me thinking about where 'ownership' of a design or concept ends and public domain begins. Does anyone own a layout? Probably not. Besides, check out the Drevo Caliber 71. Seems to be the same layout and Amazon puts the listing date as December 2016, way before anything was ever posted here on GH.

I kinda like "Compact TKL"!

But yeah I've read through that GB a few times. It seems to have been a bunch of misunderstandings etc, but all straightened out now between Phoenix and Biso, which I'm happy about!
In any case, I dont think anyone can "own" a layout unless it's very particular like the Alice layout etc, then i suppose it's more a courtesy to ask whether it's okay to do it.

In this case, it's just a TKL layout with Frow redacted so it's not really a big design-feat to pull that off.

In my opinion, the case mounting and design, testing and revisions as well as designing the PCB, is what makes something unique, regardless of the layout. It takes a bunch of initiative to pull off a design, both to have it produced and sold in a GB and that's what counts.

I honestly (and maybe naively) think this community will naturally spot and call out anyone if they steal or do unethical stuff and run GBs for their own profits.

Another user here on GH pointed out the Calibur to me, I honestly hadn't seen it before!

Offline gminso

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 10:20:55 »
I am very interested. one question, is it my brain or the gaps between the keycaps and the top case look larger than usual.

Offline TibtibThePrincess

• Look but don't buy
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 10:40:27 »
I am very interested. one question, is it my brain or the gaps between the keycaps and the top case look larger than usual.

This was adressed in the prototype build

The distance from keycaps to inner edges is something that definitely will be fixed and tightened up. I honestly expected it to look worse than it does now. The gap looked way bigger virtually.
Still I will make it fit tighter, by adjusting it a tiny bit, so the caps will be fit better in the case.

Offline BaltO

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 01:27:54 »
this is it chief, im in

Offline Sagan

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 03:38:38 »
Damn was really excited for this board but the proto looks kinda bad. Renders were nice and sleek but the proto is super bulky. Has a completely different feel.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 04:36:01 »
Damn was really excited for this board but the proto looks kinda bad. Renders were nice and sleek but the proto is super bulky. Has a completely different feel.
What exactly do you have in mind, with the term bulky?
I’m aiming to improve this prototype, so I’m gonna try out a few things to see if I can make it better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 05:22:41 »
It has come up a couple of times that the bezels are bigger than what especially the OP render suggests.
To me it looks like the opening render has a bezel around 1 cm range whereas the prototype sports one in the 1.5-2 cm range. (These are not accurate numbers but to illustrate the discrepancy between render and prototype.)
You have recently posted a render of a WKL version, and that render seems to have bezels matching those of the prototype much better than the OP render.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:05:14 »
As long as the crazy gaps get sorted it looks pretty good to me.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:51:42 »
Yeah, bezels look fine, thick bezels always look great.
Gaps can be little bit adjusted and its all gooooood :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sabin

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 17:17:30 »
+1 for hotswap. Everything looks very sleek, I prefer slightly larger bezels like this

Offline rewke

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 17:38:17 »
+1 for hotswap. Everything looks very sleek, I prefer slightly larger bezels like this

+10000 for hotswap.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 18:00:12 »
Good to see the prototype.  As others have stated, the gaps don't look great.  I think you should reduce the radius on those inner corners.  They don't need to match the outer radius, they can be more squared off to match the keycap borders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2020, 18:04:59 by pixelpusher »

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 18:55:41 »
Good to see the prototype.  As others have stated, the gaps don't look great.  I think you should reduce the radius on those inner corners.  They don't need to match the outer radius, they can be more squared off to match the keycap borders.

I agree. Those radii can be pretty small. The keycaps they're next to are square after all. That would really help narrow that gap and make everything look a bit more 'precise'

Offline FRANCO

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:16:09 »
I’m aiming to improve this prototype, so I’m gonna try out a few things to see if I can make it better!

So while I actually like thicc bezels, the added thickness does detract a little from the initial design shown in the renders and at least to me, doesn't have the same feel

Offline S3LQ

• Designer and keyboard enthusiast
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:23:17 »
 :-*

Offline katmcgo

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:28:43 »
I'm very interested in the lilac variant of this (hotswap preferred, but not a huge deal); looks beautiful so far! :thumb:

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 19:37:31 »

So while I actually like thicc bezels, the added thickness does detract a little from the initial design shown in the renders and at least to me, doesn't have the same feel
Yeah same. It’s an instant buy with the render bezels, but I have doubts about the proto. It also makes the corners of the board seem sharper? I think they’re the same degree as the render, but the amount of bezel makes it seem like a sharper corner.

Offline theside123

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 22:23:05 »

No RGB ??
Thinking about putting a logo or logo on the top housing of the keyboard?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 17:01:31 »

Yeah same. It’s an instant buy with the render bezels, but I have doubts about the proto. It also makes the corners of the board seem sharper? I think they’re the same degree as the render, but the amount of bezel makes it seem like a sharper corner.

Yeah I get this and I sort of agree. There might be a few spots I can shrink the sides more so I'm gonna look into that.

No RGB ??
Thinking about putting a logo or logo on the top housing of the keyboard?

Sorry, RGB on the PCB has been lower down on our list of priority ^-^
I experimented some having a logo on the top housing, but I ended up going for a cleaner design having only the three indicator LEDs there.

-

As for a general update on the progress here, we are halted some because of some issues with the PCB. I also suspect there is a problem with how the PCB will fit the case so I will either have to re-machine the case or just go ahead and do a new prototype with all the changes and improvements learned from the prototypes.

Meanwhile I'm having a new plate machined very soon, with a hopefully improved design.

Sorry for the slow progress, and thank you all for your continued support!

Also, I hope everyone are safe during these crazy, crazy times <3

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 02:57:46 »
No problem, I will wait for this keyboard.  Keep improving.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 03:17:25 »
No problem, I will wait for this keyboard.  Keep improving.

I don't mind waiting either, especially if we can shrink those bezels a bit.

Offline TankaGTE

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 16:41:54 »
Thank you for the updates, greatly appreciated, can’t wait to see what you do with the next prototype

Offline gamerman

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 19:36:19 »
any idea if in the final product there'll be a half plate option? would be neat

Offline azzipa

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 13:00:12 »
I saw the word 'halted' and thought the project was being shelved (eg, arrow 40?). Much to my relief I see that you are working to resolve some design issues that are, hopefully, only a temporary delay. FWIW, you can add my name to the list of people willing to wait for the Eclipse. I know prototyping slows down your timeline and the extra expense can be tough, but spreading the cost over 100 units sold may make it a little less painful.

As for a general update on the progress here, we are halted some because of some issues with the PCB. I also suspect there is a problem with how the PCB will fit the case so I will either have to re-machine the case or just go ahead and do a new prototype with all the changes and improvements learned from the prototypes.

Meanwhile I'm having a new plate machined very soon, with a hopefully improved design.

Sorry for the slow progress, and thank you all for your continued support!

Also, I hope everyone are safe during these crazy, crazy times <3

Offline PhantomLeadr

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 11:44:24 »
Hey n00b here but im so into this layout and design.

I saw someone ask for hotswap which id love to see if theres more interest but otherwise i could afford to learn soldering anyway. BIG HYPES for this one man.

Would there be any US distributors or whatever for this if it makes it to GB? again sorry for the ignorance im still learning this hobby.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 12:11:34 »
Hey n00b here but im so into this layout and design.

I saw someone ask for hotswap which id love to see if theres more interest but otherwise i could afford to learn soldering anyway. BIG HYPES for this one man.

Would there be any US distributors or whatever for this if it makes it to GB? again sorry for the ignorance im still learning this hobby.

Welcome to geekhack/the hobby! One of the issues with hotswap is that it requires the layout to be fixed. Solderable PCBs can be made to accommodate as serval layouts (things like different bottom rows, split backspace, ISO, stepped capslock, split right shift, etc) on the same PCB, whereas hotswap sockets can not overlap one another. If you look in the OP, you can see an image of the different layouts planned. Doing hotswap would require a different PCB for each.

Idk about the US distributor. Not everything gets freighted to a distributor before being shipped direct to customer though. I wouldn’t worry; we’re pretty fortunate in the US that we generally have access to most GB’s.

Welcome again, and don’t be afraid to ask questions! It’s how you learn!

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 18:33:57 »
Update
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates here, we sort of hit a little bump in the road with the design, but we're pushing forwards nevertheless.

Regarding everything that's happened in the world, I guess it's only for the best. Somehow it feels wrong to focus on something as insignificant and trivial as this project nowadays. Hopefully it can act like a break from everything, and remind us of a world where we are all privileged enough to only have to worry about how to make our keyboards sound perfect and enjoy the work we do on them, and thus bring us happiness this way.

Anyway, the PCB is still in the process of being assembled and meanwhile I've taken some feedback to heart, adjusted the design based on how the prototype looked and made a few changes to the case. Once I get the PCB shipped to me I'll do the final adjustments and order another prototype.

Main changes are:
- Slightly thinner bezels/edges.
- Back edge thicker than front edge, to make it more aesthetically pleasing from a typing angle
- Cutting a path for cable and components in the bottom case
- Tightened the inner edges and added smaller radii on the corners, so there is no gap between keycaps and case
- Made additional relief cuts to the plate, for a more even and consistent sound

Here is a new render featuring a new GMK set I'm rendering for S3LQ:

Thank you so much, I hope you're doing okay!

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

[IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Updating design)
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 18:49:22 »
Update
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates here, we sort of hit a little bump in the road with the design, but we're pushing forwards nevertheless.

Regarding everything that's happened in the world, I guess it's only for the best. Somehow it feels wrong to focus on something as insignificant and trivial as this project nowadays. Hopefully it can act like a break from everything, and remind us of a world where we are all privileged enough to only have to worry about how to make our keyboards sound perfect and enjoy the work we do on them, and thus bring us happiness this way.

Anyway, the PCB is still in the process of being assembled and meanwhile I've taken some feedback to heart, adjusted the design based on how the prototype looked and made a few changes to the case. Once I get the PCB shipped to me I'll do the final adjustments and order another prototype.

Main changes are:
- Back edge thicker than front edge, to make it more aesthetically pleasing from a typing angle
- Tightened the inner edges and added smaller radii on the corners, so there is no gap between keycaps and case
- Made additional relief cuts to the plate, for a more even and consistent sound

Show Image

Show Image

Dam, that’s a stunner right there.

Not a 70% guy but wow...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Updating design)
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 23:53:10 »
Sounds like some great refinements!  Looking forward to the GB proceeding.

Offline kbfan

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 00:55:58 »
Where do I sign-up for the IC?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 01:25:56 »
what's up with the cap-to-bezel spacing here, superchief?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 01:34:09 »

Show Image

He's addressed it.  It's his 4th bullet point in the update :)  Yeah, let's hope it's drastically addressed  :thumb:

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 02:47:57 »

Show Image

Yeah one of my premier blunders that I noticed exactly when the cases were done machining. :'(

Offline holer

« Reply #292 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 02:55:32 »
Great update (and thanks for keeping us up to date frequently) - I'm so excited about this project :D

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 04:58:42 »
Good improvement, looking forward to this board more and more.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 05:30:06 »
Update

Main changes are:

Show Image

Show Image

This looks much better! really nice  :D

Offline kidpid

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 23:20:54 »
Wow, that updated render looks great! Any chance of HHKB blockers? Also, how high did the caps sit on the prototype?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 06:22:00 »
Wow, that updated render looks great! Any chance of HHKB blockers? Also, how high did the caps sit on the prototype?
Thank you!!
For HHKB we would need more holes in the PCB and plate, so for now we’re trying to focus only on WKL and WK tops. However, i’m thinking if this go well, we can try make a HHKB version as well as offer PC as case material.
I just want a successful round and people being happy with and then see about including HHKB!

The plate sits about 7mm above the top edge of the case, which is pretty much the standard for most boards I believe. The caps are snugly fitted right below the edge this way.

Offline Suli

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 07:17:31 »
This looks really good. Hope the second prototype turns out well.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 14:52:30 »
I was wondering, if second proto comes out ok, does it mean you going to run GB next month?
Do you think it would be possible to get the final keybaords shipped to us by end of this year?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline azzipa

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 18:48:47 »
I totally love your optimism! Personally, I will be ecstatic to see this board whenever snurrebassen releases it. Absolute functional win (for me) if this makes it to production. Even better with the aesthetic refinements.

I was wondering, if second proto comes out ok, does it mean you going to run GB next month?
Do you think it would be possible to get the final keybaords shipped to us by end of this year?