Author Topic: Who do I contact regarding X matters?  (Read 10271 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Who do I contact regarding X matters?
« on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 16:23:05 »
Here is the updated list of Geekhack staff

mkawa's original post below:
More
Update 5/22/14: Currently you may contact hashbaz, photoelectric, HoffmanMyster, infiniti or jwaz with issues. pm, email or irc are fine.

For site moderation matters (content, behavior). First, if there is an obvious offending post which breaks the TOS in a non-trivial way, please use the report button on the lower right corner of the post in question. If the problem is more general, please first contact one of the moderators on duty first (any moderator that's online at the time, as per the blue names in the "who's online" listing on the homepage). If your issue can't be resolved this way or you feel that the decision was unfair then please contact the head moderators: hashbaz and tsangan.

For technical issues, if possible please post in the appropriate thread in feedback/suggestions. If there are issues with your account or sensitive information is involved, then do please go ahead and PM me directly. Otherwise, a PM is not necessary.

Thanks folks!
-KAWA
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 03:53:15 by infiniti »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:20:29 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 18:49:29 by esoomenona »

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Who do I contact regarding X matters?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:31:23 »
Bottom of the main page, purple names are admins, blue are mods.  mods are responsible for dealing with forum content issues, admins are responsible for forum software/hardware and the final word.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 22:59:41 »
to clarify, the moderation team makes decisions collectively whenever possible. hence, for fastest response, the best tactic is simply to contact a moderator who's online. mod team tends to work closely together and doesn't really have clear delineations of responsibility.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 10:56:03 »
I had a Moderate tab up top (Like you guys do, I'm sure) last night. I was talking with Hash about it, didn't know if I was being pulled back onto the Mod Squad, or if it was a joke or what. I couldn't access the Moderation Center, but I could see the tab. Any clarification, here or PM etc would be wonderful. Thanks

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 15:38:28 »
it's a bug we've seen before but never been able to reproduce. if you can reliably reproduce it using your account (ie, you refresh continually and it keeps showing up), let someone know and i'll look further into it. otherwise, i suspect we'll just find the bug at some point when we're cleaning up the template code. unfortunately there's a lot of bizarre junk in there we haven't really have time to go through.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Who do I contact regarding X matters?
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:06:25 »
Just FYI if you need help in the 9-5ish m-f Pacific times I will usually be available via pm here or by message to jwaz on IRC.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:29:34 by JesuswasaZombie »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 07:44:54 »
Could this be updated and could we get a list of who the moderators/admins are etc so we know who to contact if we have issues??

Seems like there have been a lot of changes in forum staff lately.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:11:24 »
[...] please use the report button on the lower right corner of the post in question.

Possibly being a bit pedantic, but I see a "Report to moderator" link, not a button.  Someone might visually search for a button (like the report, watch, notify ... buttons at the bottom of the page) and not see the link.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 16:42:13 »
Could this be updated and could we get a list of who the moderators/admins are etc so we know who to contact if we have issues??

Currently you may contact hashbaz, photoelectric, HoffmanMyster or myself with issues. pm, email or irc are fine.

Possibly being a bit pedantic

Yes, a bit.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 11:16:29 »
updated! welcome infiniti 8)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 15:16:18 »
infiniti's a mod now?

Yay!  Congratulations dude ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 22:01:55 »

please first contact one of the moderators on duty first (any moderator that's online at the time)

Quick question; what about hidden mods?

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 02:56:21 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 03:53:53 by infiniti »