Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3508203 times)

Offline Game Theory

... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline elton5354

Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #3802 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 21:25:39 »
What kind of caps are on the Dell's AT101W?  Doesn't seem like pad printed as I can't feel the stickers on them.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3803 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 21:28:38 »
What kind of caps are on the Dell's AT101W?  Doesn't seem like pad printed as I can't feel the stickers on them.

Pad-printed, or they should be.  Edit:  Actually, supposedly lasered according to the DT wiki.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2013, 21:35:10 by nubbinator »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3804 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 21:33:28 »

I believe it's dye-sub

Offline phx

« Reply #3805 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 07:51:44 »
do all QFR w/ red switches have red plates? even the stealth versions?

does QFR work on a mac without installing additional software?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3806 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 07:57:29 »
If I got my hands on a Filco TKL plate. Can I make cutouts in the corners like the custom plates so that I can open switch tops? That's how the custom plates work right? There's just extra circular cutouts in the corners of the switch holes?
Cool. I'm going to buy a cheapo Dremel and see how it goes then.

I'm going to save you the trouble and time by saying don't bother trying.

All stock mass-produced plates are steel, not softer aluminum. Have you tried to dremel out steel before? Each switch hole requires you to dremel out 4 slots, so that's 348 slots you'll have to shave out.

Then cut me a plate man! :P Seriously though, I haven't dremeled steel.

1) do all QFR w/ red switches have red plates? even the stealth versions?

2) does QFR work on a mac without installing additional software?

1) Think it's just the Stealth and the newer unbranded QFRs that have the plate color match the switch. I have an older branded QFR which has just a black plate.

2) I think so but the command key will probably not work. You'll have to use the Mac equivalent of AutoHotKey.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3807 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:00:07 »
If I got my hands on a Filco TKL plate. Can I make cutouts in the corners like the custom plates so that I can open switch tops? That's how the custom plates work right? There's just extra circular cutouts in the corners of the switch holes?
Cool. I'm going to buy a cheapo Dremel and see how it goes then.

I'm going to save you the trouble and time by saying don't bother trying.

All stock mass-produced plates are steel, not softer aluminum. Have you tried to dremel out steel before? Each switch hole requires you to dremel out 4 slots, so that's 348 slots you'll have to shave out.

1) do all QFR w/ red switches have red plates? even the stealth versions?

2) does QFR work on a mac without installing additional software?

1) Think it's just the Stealth and the newer unbranded QFRs that have the plate color match the switch. I have an older branded QFR which has just a black plate.

2) I think so but the command key will probably not work. You'll have to use the Mac equivalent of AutoHotKey.

Steel cuts just fine with a dremel.  just get the reinforced cut off wheels.  Make sure they are not the heavy duty.  They just get used up very quick.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline phx

« Reply #3808 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:00:58 »
yeah I dont need the command/apple keys to work, just the letters and stuff.
was thinking of giving a QFR to a not so techy mac user, so if it's plug and play compatible with mac it would be great

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3809 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:16:51 »

You need some type of plate, bro? Y U NO ASK?!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3810 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:19:53 »

You need some type of plate, bro? Y U NO ASK?!

Hm? I just wanted one as a lube station so I can lube Black switches. Not like to use in a keyboard or anything.

was thinking of giving a QFR to a not so techy mac user, so if it's plug and play compatible with mac it would be great

Yeah it'll work if you don't care about the command and apple key stuff.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3811 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:24:32 »
Hm? I just wanted one as a lube station so I can lube Black switches. Not like to use in a keyboard or anything.

Let's just get some 'real' lube stations!!

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #3812 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:34:27 »
What name key particulary(TAB,SHIFT,CTRL,ALT,CAPS) which are the most widely used and sequence?

Thanks All ;D
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3813 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:36:18 »
What name key particulary(TAB,SHIFT,CTRL,ALT,CAPS) which are the most widely used and sequence?

Thanks All ;D

Depends on the person and what they do with their computer/keyboards? Not a very simple question since it will vary per person.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3814 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:44:10 »

Like this?

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3815 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 08:45:54 »

Like this?

Show Image

now your just showing off......

BUT.....if something like that were to 'accidentally' find it's way in the box with my phantom I won't tell anybody ;)

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3816 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 09:34:34 »

Thanks All ;D

Depends on the person and what they do with their computer/keyboards? Not a very simple question since it will vary per person.
Yes also true :D
I just know
CTRL usually often for Programmer
SHIFT usually often for Typist

but This,i don't know
ALT?
TAB?

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3817 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 09:37:23 »
Yes also true :D
I just know
CTRL usually often for Programmer
SHIFT usually often for Typist

but This,i don't know
ALT?
TAB?

Again, it depends on the person and what programs they use...if you're using Excel a lot maybe you Tab a lot versus someone who just plays video games.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3818 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:05:12 »
Again, it depends on the person and what programs they use...if you're using Excel a lot maybe you Tab a lot versus someone who just plays video games.
Thanks, I already understand right now :D :thumb:
I just found out, if TAB usually be used excel :rolleyes:
how to ALT usually for?

Thanks Again

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3819 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:09:12 »
I just use mine for media macro keys if the keyboard has it and other hotkey. Oh and alt-tabbing through windows.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3820 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:13:34 »
GH keyboard experts, where can I get MX white switches? If none is available on the market, is it possible to order a box of white switches directly from Cherry? Thanks in advance!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3821 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:14:39 »
1) Where can I get MX white switches?

2) If none is available on the market, is it possible to order a box of white switches directly from Cherry?

1) Only sources are GBs like 7bit or harvesting from a board with MX whites
2) No. They have a very very very high MOQ.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3822 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:18:30 »
1) Where can I get MX white switches?

2) If none is available on the market, is it possible to order a box of white switches directly from Cherry?

1) Only sources are GBs like 7bit or harvesting from a board with MX whites
2) No. They have a very very very high MOQ.

That's too bad. :'(

I should have bought a KBT with white switches from mechanicalkeyboards.com several days ago. They are all gone now. White switches are the cure to my keyboard fever...

Thanks anyway.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3823 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 10:28:00 »
White switches are the cure to my keyboard fever...

Doubtful. There is no known cure for keyboard fever. The closest thing to a remedy is to cancel your internet, move to a small tropical island, buy a bicycle and ride it all day, or similar.

Once you use MX switches more, you will probably find that you can use any of them interchangeably, with maybe some preference, but probably very little disdain for certain of the different types.

in memoriam

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3824 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:12:15 »
White switches are the cure to my keyboard fever...

Doubtful. There is no known cure for keyboard fever. The closest thing to a remedy is to cancel your internet, move to a small tropical island, buy a bicycle and ride it all day, or similar.

Once you use MX switches more, you will probably find that you can use any of them interchangeably, with maybe some preference, but probably very little disdain for certain of the different types.

Of course, the white switch alone is not the cure. I want a sexy looking metal tenkeyless keyboard with full LED support to end my keyboard fever. White switch is my choice for switch because I want the feel of blue switch and the clean white color.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3825 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 03:13:04 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3826 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 03:40:22 »

Yes QFR works fine on a Mac - I used one for a long time with no worries.

You can use System Preferences to swap Alt and Win around - works like Mac.

Also the function keys do Expose and media functions too :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3827 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 08:02:17 »
I want this link but broken,what any new link?
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Design+your+own+Teensy+keyboard+in+KiCAD+how-to+guide

Ok I think you're looking for this link here.

Can you please try searching for it yourself next time? I know it's a little daunting to find all this information but I literally don't know what you want since I can't read your mind. And I literally just typed the title in the URL into Google. I don't want to discourage questions but I'm also not here to Google search.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 August 2013, 08:09:32 by CPTBadAss »

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3828 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 08:25:05 »
Thanks CPT,
I'm just disappointed and found that a lot of broken links GH (not can opened) especially old thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3829 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 08:25:53 »
The archived links are all broken due to rootworm wiping them out.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3830 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 12:10:27 »
GH experts, another noob question. What would be the most common and appropiate shipping method if I wanna ship a keyboard within US? I was trying to sell my keyboard and this is my first time I ever do this. Thanks!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3831 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 12:12:41 »
What would be the most common and appropiate shipping method if I wanna ship a keyboard within US? I was trying to sell my keyboard and this is my first time I ever do this. Thanks!

This whole thread is to help out. No need to be ashamed with noob questions ^__^

If you're within the USA, I recommend USPS Flat Rate Game Board boxes. Cost to ship it is $16.85. Your USPS branch should have it but if it doesn't you can order packs on the USPS website and they'll deliver to you.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3832 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 14:34:24 »
Like this?

Show Image

x_____x gimmie gimmie

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3833 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 15:03:04 »
GH experts, another noob question. What would be the most common and appropiate shipping method if I wanna ship a keyboard within US? I was trying to sell my keyboard and this is my first time I ever do this. Thanks!
I prefer to ship via a "normal" box by priority mail in the US. I find it saves some money over the game board flat rate box (for most weights), and I get boxes and cardboard from work. Oftentimes, I'll custom make up a box if I dont' have one the right size.

Last time I mailed something, priority was $0.03 more expensive than first class and included more features.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3834 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 23:44:59 »
Just did a major overhaul of the OP. Now it has anchors and a table of contents with the FAQ section. I think this will be way easier to navigate. Hopefully this makes the OP less daunting to read through and refer to. If you guys could let me know what you think, that would be great. Thanks!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3835 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 23:48:33 »
Just did a major overhaul of the OP. Now it has anchors and a table of contents with the FAQ section. I think this will be way easier to navigate. Hopefully this makes the OP less daunting to read through and refer to. If you guys could let me know what you think, that would be great. Thanks!

Holy ****, that looks really nice!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3836 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 23:54:58 »
whoah... you just slightly got a bit older.
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3837 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:42:33 »
Looks fantastic!

Q: Can CPTBadAss make this thread any more awesome?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3838 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 04:33:46 »
What are the pros and coins of hard wired matrix vs PCB for custom layouts with the exception of the price of a one off PCB?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3839 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 06:54:19 »

Not that it's a big deal but trying to use the links in tapatalk it wants to open in a web browser instead of jumping to the info.

Thanks for all the effort in keeping this thread going!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3840 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 08:54:01 »
What are the pros and coins of hard wired matrix vs PCB for custom layouts with the exception of the price of a one off PCB?

Pros (of a hardwire matrix): Custom layout, more flexibility with the case and controller sizing/spacing, more customization in terms of LEDs and custom layouts, cheaper in terms of money, no need to learn KiCad

Cons: Much much much more work to layout and solder, hard to rework/tinker with later, probably requires a custom case unless you design for a currently available case, expensive in terms of time

Not that it's a big deal but trying to use the links in tapatalk it wants to open in a web browser instead of jumping to the info.

I'm not how sure anchors are handled in Tapatalk but unfortunately, that's out of my control. I don't think I can change the back end to fix that issue. If it's a big enough issue, I can talk to rkinze.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3841 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:10:12 »
Awesome thanks for the info CPT.  And the OP looks great.

Offline thebeargentile

« Reply #3842 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:05:03 »
I'm looking to edit the function layer on my KMAC Happy, but all the KMAC keybinding programs I have found only have templates for the regular KMAC and the Mini, not the Happy.  Can I just change, say, the KMAC Mini template to match the row/column layout of the Happy, or do I need to find the exact Happy template file?  Do all these boards use the same controller?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3843 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 18:38:30 »
I'm looking to edit the function layer on my KMAC Happy, but all the KMAC keybinding programs I have found only have templates for the regular KMAC and the Mini, not the Happy.  Can I just change, say, the KMAC Mini template to match the row/column layout of the Happy, or do I need to find the exact Happy template file?  Do all these boards use the same controller?

Wish I could help you out there but I'm not sure on that one.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #3844 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 21:27:52 »

I think you should message GON about that, I believe it is somewhere on kbdmania but I don't have access to it.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3845 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 04:33:54 »
What is good or suitable cable to connect the two halves (left/right) for DIY Split keyboard keyboard handwired?
Thanks
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2013, 05:44:43 by yasuo »

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3846 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 05:30:26 »
What is good or suitable cable to connect the two halves (left/right) DIY Split keyboard keyboard handwired?
Thanks

That depends on your design. If you need for example 3 wires to connect the halves you could use a normal 3,5mm stereo connector. The ErgoDox uses the extended 3,5mm plug with the 4-pole connector for example. If you need more poles, you could use a Cat 5 cable.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3847 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 06:06:00 »
Thanks, I want the detachable cable,
what name connector/ Extensions for cat 5?
or any other cable?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3848 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 06:32:01 »
Thanks, I want the detachable cable,
what name connector/ Extensions for cat 5?
or any other cable?

As I said, it depends on how you do the matrix etc. how many poles you need. Do you have a plan how to wire the keyboard yet? If so, can you post it?
Cat 5 is the name of the connector, here you can get some female connectors, Cat 5 cables you can get in pretty much every electronics store.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #3849 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 07:13:34 »
As I said, it depends on how you do the matrix etc. how many poles you need. Do you have a plan how to wire the keyboard yet? If so, can you post it?
Cat 5 is the name of the connector, here you can get some female connectors, Cat 5 cables you can get in pretty much every electronics store.
it seems 12 cable (6 right/6 left hand)
how to teensy,whether I need two?