Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306350 times)

Offline tuantruong

Re: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 13:56:49 »
Just got new R4 prototypes in. Vertical wobble is gone, horizontal wobble feels about the same as regular Cherry right now. Will get Mr. Munch to get a second opinion and prep a video.
Finally! That horizontal wobble feels has stopped me from buying some more that purple magic since round 1. Thanks for the hard work Zeal.

Offline Geroximo

Re: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 16:24:44 »
What is up with all the wobble complaints?
I still have some R2 67g and they do not wobble any more than Cherry switches.
Looking forward to compare the R4s.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 16:39:11 »
What is up with all the wobble complaints?
I still have some R2 67g and they do not wobble any more than Cherry switches.
Looking forward to compare the R4s.

Because the people who complain have switches that wobble, and you don't.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:55:33 »
Right, but they're molded in the same machines with the same process. I really think this is more a tolerance issue. Some people tolerate more wobble without calling it a problem.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 08:09:15 »
Sometimes lucky ...

Offline Data

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 08:58:44 »
Did the clear stabs never get a clever Zeal name?  I see the silencing clips are Zealencios, which is great.

No Zealistabs?  Ztabilizers?  Stabilizeals?  This makes me sad.  :(

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 10:27:46 »
Did the clear stabs never get a clever Zeal name?  I see the silencing clips are Zealencios, which is great.

Steals!

Offline balthaz4r

• I have found my people
    • /u/balthaz4r
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 21:57:28 »
100 67g's please.

I've been pleased so far with the 78gs and the 65gs, but I want something slightly different.

:)

Offline TeeBaginDragon

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 02:11:40 »
Please forgive the n00b question but I am currently using a board with R3 78g zealios and now that the wobble is gone I am thinking about buying some R4s and putting them in.  I don't want to desolder the switches so would there be any issues leaving the bottom of the switch R3 and having everything (spring, stem, etc) else R4?  I'm assuming this would not be a problem at all... thanks!
CODE Clears 87

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 17:49:26 »
Hey zeal,

Any idea when R2 of the PCB might happen? I'm thinking of building a custom 60% and want to roll with the purple delicious pcb.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 18:47:46 »
Please forgive the n00b question but I am currently using a board with R3 78g zealios and now that the wobble is gone I am thinking about buying some R4s and putting them in.  I don't want to desolder the switches so would there be any issues leaving the bottom of the switch R3 and having everything (spring, stem, etc) else R4?  I'm assuming this would not be a problem at all... thanks!

I'm sure it's only the stem that was tweaked. You should have a problem.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 19:33:20 »
Hey zeal,

Any idea when R2 of the PCB might happen? I'm thinking of building a custom 60% and want to roll with the purple delicious pcb.

I believe he stated that it would be early next year before for the re release of the PCB but no specific dates.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 21:39:46 »

I'm sure it's only the stem that was tweaked. You should have a problem.

I'm fairly certain it was mentioned somewhere that the top housing was changed as well, but I could be wrong.

Either way, I wouldn't imagine the leaf or bottom housing plays a role so it should be OK. But best to get clarification from Zeal.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 21:50:23 »
Hey zeal,

I believe he stated that it would be early next year before for the re release of the PCB but no specific dates.

Ah right on.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 00:04:16 »
Both switch tops and stem will get tweaked. Majority of improvements will come from the stem.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline yoft

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:09:58 »
I'm considering putting in an order, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull the trigger. Do you know when this round is expected to close? Thanks!

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:21:08 »
I'm considering putting in an order, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull the trigger. Do you know when this round is expected to close? Thanks!

In this hobby, even if you don't decide to use it, it retails like 95% of it's value incase you decide to resell it. Make sure you know what weight fits you. :P
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 23:50:18 »

well...

GB is expected to open until end of September

9/27 already, so... hurry up!

Offline yoft

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 06:38:46 »

well...

GB is expected to open until end of September

9/27 already, so... hurry up!
Yeah I saw that, I just wasn't sure if that's still the scheduled close since I thought I read that previous rounds had dates moved around. But I'll just plan on end of September!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 September 2016, 07:11:13 by yoft »

Offline Checkfield

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 07:40:43 »
Should I get PCB mounts if I'm building an infinity ergodox? Sorry if obvious question, this is my first keyboard build.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 08:36:27 »
Should I get PCB mounts if I'm building an infinity ergodox? Sorry if obvious question, this is my first keyboard build.

The infinity uses costar stabilizers so no, the clear screw on stabilizers would not work

Offline Shiftshape

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 11:16:59 »

Ztabealizers, obviously.  ;D

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 11:32:04 »

Ztabealizers, obviously.  ;D

Zteabagalizers. FTFY.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 12:21:59 »
I humbly suggest we need a little more time on the stabilizer name :)

Offline ilovecorgis

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 13:32:21 »
Just got new R4 prototypes in. Vertical wobble is gone, horizontal wobble feels about the same as regular Cherry right now. Will get Mr. Munch to get a second opinion and prep a video.

Will this review video be out before the GB ends? :D

Offline yoft

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 13:59:12 »
Does anyone have any thoughts on 62g vs 65g? I've tried MX browns and I didn't get enough feedback when actuating so I ended up always bottoming out. Is 62g sufficiently more tactile than browns that I could go with that, or should I step up to 65g to get real differentiation from browns?

All else equal, I'd prefer the lighter switch; but I would go for the heavier switch if the tactile feedback is better.

Thanks!

Offline yookwh

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:20:58 »
Hey Zeal, not sure if you're able to read this before the email I sent to the website - I accidentally forgot to place an additional order onto my first one, and so I made a second order. I'm hoping to combine these two together so I don't have to pay the extra shipping fees. Looking forward to the 78g switches!

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 14:25:56 »
Does anyone have any thoughts on 62g vs 65g? I've tried MX browns and I didn't get enough feedback when actuating so I ended up always bottoming out. Is 62g sufficiently more tactile than browns that I could go with that, or should I step up to 65g to get real differentiation from browns?

All else equal, I'd prefer the lighter switch; but I would go for the heavier switch if the tactile feedback is better.

Thanks!

I would suggest 67g if you're looking for a good amount of feedback. 65g will suffice but the bump is most pronounced on 67g.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 15:10:13 »

Will this review video be out before the GB ends? :D

Will work on one shortly. Had a lot of stuff I had to prepare before the SF keyboard meet over the weekend, sorry about the delayed video. Also working on a few more minor tweaks with Gateron as well.

Thanks!

Working on tweaking the leaf design again this round to provide more tactile feedback than last. 62g already has a larger bump than browns, so If you like the lighter spectrum of switches, I'd say go for 62gs.

Hey Zeal, not sure if you're able to read this before the email I sent to the website - I accidentally forgot to place an additional order onto my first one, and so I made a second order. I'm hoping to combine these two together so I don't have to pay the extra shipping fees. Looking forward to the 78g switches!

I don't see any email from you, but I think I'm fairly certain I found the order you're referring to. Will combine the additional SIPs with your order.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 15:10:34 »

Thanks!

I would suggest 67g if you're looking for a good amount of feedback. 65g will suffice but the bump is most pronounced on 67g.

To me, if you prefer light switches but want a bigger tactile bump I think the 62g is sufficient. My first board was 62g and my second 67g, and I like the 67g because of the heavier weight. But in terms of bump, I feel that the 62g is just as "bumpy", it just doesn't have the cushion at the bottom out compared to the 67g.

Offline yoft

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:13:56 »

To me, if you prefer light switches but want a bigger tactile bump I think the 62g is sufficient. My first board was 62g and my second 67g, and I like the 67g because of the heavier weight. But in terms of bump, I feel that the 62g is just as "bumpy", it just doesn't have the cushion at the bottom out compared to the 67g.

Working on tweaking the leaf design again this round to provide more tactile feedback than last. 62g already has a larger bump than browns, so If you like the lighter spectrum of switches, I'd say go for 62gs.

Really appreciate everyone's input! I'm gonna put in my order for 62g!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 18:09:18 »
If I ain't grunting with each keystroke, I need more feedback.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 21:03:10 »
If I ain't grunting with each keystroke, I need more feedback.

My next keyboard is going to be made out of staplers.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 13:30:56 »
I'm in! Woohoo! Ordered 65g switches & Zealencios for my Minivan kit. Now to learn how to solder.....  :confused:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 14:49:56 »
Sad that I couldn't scratch the cash together for that beautiful pcb in time, but finally got my order in for the clear stabs. Excited to combine them with the 65g zealios I already have to finish up my VE.A.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Quick bump.

Zeal60 Prototype is going through final phase of testing. Once OK'd it'll be produced very shortly.

Zealios & accessories are still planned for November shipping. Will get a more definite date in a few weeks.

Offline Brammm87

Quick bump.

Zeal60 Prototype is going through final phase of testing. Once OK'd it'll be produced very shortly.
Show Image

Zealios & accessories are still planned for November shipping. Will get a more definite date in a few weeks.

Oh ****, that looks good. I totally forgot I was in on this :p Time flies :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Quick bump.

Show Image

So sad I missed r1! Can't wait for r2 though :)
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline graefeln

Quick bump.

Show Image

So sad I missed r1! Can't wait for r2 though :)

I feel your pain man! I was going to throw a GH60 into my [upcoming] Weaven, but that is taking so long, I just decided to buy a different case/plate for it and do different with the Weaven later. Ended up putting in for a GON through LeandreN's R5 - but if I had made this decision earlier, it would have been a Zeal60... and I am kicking myself now.
Probably wouldn't have used the RGBs, but it would have been nice to have the firmware without having to worry about trying to convert the GON. It's okay though, at least the delay will still allow me to get in on this round of clear stabs!

Edit: Started with Zeal being a proxy for Weaven - so I threw in some Zealio... then he restocked Aristotles... then the GB for stabs came about (and if I decided earlier, I would have gone for a PCB too)... if Weaven doesn't ship soon, I'll end up with one of everything!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2016, 10:42:12 by graefeln »

Offline supersoul

is there any idea when this round will end? wanna get some 78g's

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
is there any idea when this round will end? wanna get some 78g's

Very soon. Expected shipping time frame is still scheduled for November, unless there are any unforeseen delays.

Offline BAS1C

Anyone wanting to back out of pcb, i'm your man.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
It's alive~~~

Non potato shots soon.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
It's alive~~~

Show Image

Non potato shots soon.

Looking forward to non-potatoes.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
It's alive~~~

Show Image

Non potato shots soon.

Triggered

Offline twk

This PCB is the most exciting thing for me in the keyboard community at the moment! I haven't ordered but if it's successful I will definitely order next round.

I have a POK3R and a Satan GH60 board with RGB-underlight. I really like the RGB leds on the Satan, but I can't live without the heavy metal case of the POK3R. With this PCB I would get the best of both worlds. Keep up the good work Zeal! Best wishes from Sweden!

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
When will the buy close? I don't see an end date listed anywhere...

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
When will the buy close? I don't see an end date listed anywhere...

Zeal hasn't decided yet but I believe he has said very soon a few posts above.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Reserved for updates.

October 4, 2016:
Show Image

Oct 8, 2016
Prototypes getting sent to me very soon.
Show Image

I just jizzed in my pants a lil

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
It's alive~~~

Non potato shots soon.

Mmmmmmm- that's a tasty looking potato... Get on my desk already!