Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed  (Read 273972 times)

Offline delrn

Re: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:15:21 »
I had no success fixing ABS spacebars. PBT spacebars are easier to fix.

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

And the vendors are just expected to eat the shipping costs for thousands of spacebars?

GMK should be expected to cover shipping IMO.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #451 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:23:21 »

I don't get it why it takes so long for GMK to address the issue. It's simple: create new fixed space bars to all GB participants who report issues with their keys. Have some sort of time window like 3 months to do this. Require some sort of evidence of transaction etc. DONE.

And the vendors are just expected to eat the shipping costs for thousands of spacebars?

GMK should be expected to cover shipping IMO.

Either way, just by throwing shipping costs into the equation, I think we've strayed pretty far away from a "simple" solution.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:30:17 »
Why are multiple GMK sets still running even after these problems are so apparently consistent? Are vendors running keysets through GMK praying that issues will be fixed? If nothing can get done than literally over ten thousand MoDo2 sets and thousands of this run will ship BROKEN. It wouldn't be so devastating if this wasn't off the back of a manufacturer that previously prided itself on perfection and quality. I get vendors gotta make money, but you can't purposefully run something that you're aware will be faulty. It's not fair to anybody.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:44:37 by Kokaloo »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 10:20:43 »
We are actively looking into this - but we have NOT received our kits. We have already been in communication with GMK about spacebars, and are actively talking to them.

However, here is a picture of unused Olivia R1 spacebars. 7u on left, 6u on right.

This is not a new thing, but something that is just now being more noticed.

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 10:45:59 »
We are actively looking into this - but we have NOT received our kits. We have already been in communication with GMK about spacebars, and are actively talking to them.

However, here is a picture of unused Olivia R1 spacebars. 7u on left, 6u on right.

Show Image

Looking at these images, none of them look too bad. Since one side is held down, these photos show double the extra height that would occur on either side when mounted. It would be good to know the manufacturer's tolerances for transparency's sake. None of my GMK sets have this issue, including the very recent Phospherus, so it might not be a very common occurrence. But I could just be lucky.

Regardless, I've got PBT sets with worse bending that I've never noticed once they're on the board, so I'm not too concerned. I can understand why others are though, given GMK's cost.

Offline titanium

« Reply #455 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:04:33 »

Thank you. Most of the pitchforkers don't seem to understand that vendors need to survive and shipping out of pocket with no profit is not a good way of doing that.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #456 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:14:22 »

Thank you. Most of the pitchforkers don't seem to understand that vendors need to survive and shipping out of pocket with no profit is not a good way of doing that.

GMK quite literally tells customers to **** off and talk to Vendors for any issue. The vendors aren’t doing this out of the goodwill of their heart, it’s a business, and they are here to make a profit. This profit is the result of the risk they take. Precisely to cover issues like this.

No one here wishes any harm, NovelKeys has had very good customer service from what I’ve read.

Further customers may be expected to pay for shipping, Syrup labs provided replacement Spacebars provided people pay for shipping.

Let us wait for the set to ship first, till then let’s wait.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #457 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:21:14 »

Show Image

That 7u is so straight! My gmk 9009 7u is warped as much as epbt 7u
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:33:54 by bobgr8 »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #458 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 13:31:15 »
here is an album of 20 various 7u spacebars i've put together. some have been on boards and used for a year, some are unused. I did test the otherwise unused ones and I did not have a single issue with any spacebar.

https://imgur.com/a/IlETZVT

Offline mathewC

« Reply #459 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 13:36:12 »
here is an album of 20 various 7u spacebars i've put together. some have been on boards and used for a year, some are unused. I did test the otherwise unused ones and I did not have a single issue with any spacebar.

No issues as in fitting them on boards? Thats great to hear actually, will it not make it feel more scratchy because it might put more force on the stems of the stabs to the sides of the stab housing?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #460 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 13:44:16 »

No issues as in fitting them on boards? Thats great to hear actually, will it not make it feel more scratchy because it might put more force on the stems of the stabs to the sides of the stab housing?

no issues at all.

keep in mind that the stab inserts also have a bit of leeway with fitment/how deep into the stab mounts they can go. i would love to see how many "warped beyond belief" spacebars actually have issues. I know there have been a few which do cause binding/clicking issues, but I would guess that 90-95% of the "warped" spacebars are perfectly fine. It would be nice to see the specific tolerances that GMK uses when determining how warped a key can be. I'm thinking it's coming from the cooling portion of the injection molding process, where the top (solid) portion of the spacebar is cooling too quickly and shrinking, causing the warp in general.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 13:51:55 »
Hiney, the WoB one you showed is about as bad as some of the bent ones I’ve seen.

I’d watch 20 reviews of new GMK cap trays while you were at it

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #462 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 14:02:35 »
Hiney, the WoB one you showed is about as bad as some of the bent ones I’ve seen.

I’d watch 20 reviews of new GMK cap trays while you were at it
new WOB one is pretty bad yea. but it works fine on a board.

Offline ackzot

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 14:46:02 »

Thanks for the images. A lot of your space bars illustrate the expectation I had on GMK space bars. My Jamon is not warped. Your example of the newer Drop WoB is the experience I have with 9009 R3 and Cafe.

My cafe 7u mounts my stab. doesn't ride up, but will click slightly on one side until i hit the other side and get a slight click there.

regardless, nice to see spacebars from other sets.

Offline phlux

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 15:13:40 »
As a personal anecdote, both the 6.25u and 7u space bar came very slightly warped with my Bento r1 set. Both work, but both have ticking on my cherry and durock stabs. My perfectly straight pbt space bars have no such ticking.

Really hoping this won't be the case with the various GMK sets I have coming in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 15:37:15 »
Here are my sets GMK 9009 and ePBT 2048 7u spacebars, can you guess which is which?

https://imgur.com/a/YRkDQlh

A = ePBT, B= GMK https://i.imgur.com/X1aQ6nQ.jpg

Which one is supposed to be straight again?  ;D

FYI both my 9009 and ePBT spacebars cause rattle.

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #466 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 16:04:10 »
Even's hineybush's worst offender (new drop gmk wob) isn't as bad as that 9009 r3 spacebar. Lets stop minimizing the situation by claiming old GMK had the same problems
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline norb

« Reply #467 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 16:04:37 »
Here are my sets GMK 9009 and ePBT 2048 7u spacebars, can you guess which is which?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #468 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 16:08:52 »
Even's hineybush's worst offender (new drop gmk wob) isn't as bad as that 9009 r3 spacebar. Lets stop minimizing the situation by claiming old GMK had the same problems

Well said. The old ones were great, and like you’d expect for the price, it should never come up.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #469 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 16:17:04 »
No offence to those who are saying “iT’s AlWaYs BeEn ThIs WaY”,

Those who have a commercial interest with GMK, I would take their advice/ experience with a pinch of salt.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #470 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 16:46:02 »
No offence to those who are saying “iT’s AlWaYs BeEn ThIs WaY”,

Those who have a commercial interest with GMK, I would take their advice/ experience with a pinch of salt.
This is gaslighting.

Please stop.

This will be the only time I reply to you. You are dead set on making a comment on every single thread, usually implying there is some conspiracy theory with vendors and GMK. There is not.

Literally, all vendors running GMK sets are talking to GMK about the issues that come up. Some of these issues are only coming up because there are more eyes on sets than ever before. The “Scroll” issue has been present forever. Space bars have also had variances in warping forever.  I don’t care if you believe the photos that hiney took, or the photo I took. But it’s been there.

The issue comes down to not having an actually spec sheet of acceptable standards from GMK. People have made comparisons to cars. Cars can have variances. If you take a look at gaps between panels, there can be a slight variance. Having these gaps between the panels is not a defect, but a variance. It doesn’t impact the driving of the car, and wouldn’t be something that would cause for a recall or replacement.

Take a look at spec sheets for switches. They can have spring variance of +-15g or more. Even stem sizes have variances.

What it comes down to is if the product works as intended. Obviously if there is damage to the keycaps and scratches; that’s a different story. And this is where it gets difficult. Because there are different stabs, switches, plates, PCBs, that all have their own tolerances, how do you properly measure this? I don’t have the answer to this.

With all my boards (NovelKeys has over 50+ and most with GMK sets), we have never had an issue with space bars returning or being scratchy.

Vendors are actively talking to GMK. GMK has NOT given any type of spec sheet. They have said that different colors can have different warpage and shrinkage rates, and implied that this is all within spec.

We still have not received our kits yet, but with checking our older unused sets, this is definitely something that is common and not unique to newer sets. What is unique to newer sets is the amount sold and the amount of eyes now checking out sets. There is a misconception that GMK is perfect. They are high quality, and still remain high quality in my eyes. That does not mean they are perfect by any means though.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #471 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 17:09:08 »
That's a great response Mike. Thanks for the insight and all the great work!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #472 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 17:11:38 »
Hey,

I have only commented about warped spacebars on GMK 9009, Olivia++ and Cafe. I'm in 9009 and Olivia++.

I received 8 warped spacebars in one set (base + aesthetics), which I feel is not a variance or tolerance issue, rather a manufacturing defect. My only comment on Cafe was me associating with another customer who also received all warped spacebars.

If you scroll up, I've literally said this

"Let us wait for the set to ship first, till then let’s wait" and "No one here wishes any harm, NovelKeys has had very good customer service from what I’ve read.
"

The comment is unmodified.

Anyways, I'm just glad I didn't get the spacebars kit in Olivia++.

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 18:46:58 »
Hey,

More
I have only commented about warped spacebars on GMK 9009, Olivia++ and Cafe. I'm in 9009 and Olivia++.

I received 8 warped spacebars in one set (base + aesthetics), which I feel is not a variance or tolerance issue, rather a manufacturing defect. My only comment on Cafe was me associating with another customer who also received all warped spacebars.

"Let us wait for the set to ship first, till then let’s wait" and "No one here wishes any harm, NovelKeys has had very good customer service from what I’ve read.
"

You’ve been talking about this since it first started in like every discord server everyday. You’ve said much more than this.

I mean look at your profile banner on GH.
https://imgur.com/a/qobxFcA

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 23:04:01 »
Spacebar warp is one thing but sheer crooked stems is something that should be very easy to account for with half decent quality control.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #475 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 02:56:55 »
Hey,

More

"

You’ve been talking about this since it first started in like every discord server everyday. You’ve said much more than this.

Do you want me not to? I wouldn't have to if 9009 was handled better, look at Langelandia who accepted the spacebar issues and posted an update on the main GB thread, vs 9009 where Janglad actively tried to prevent posting images on geekhack. No comments from you at all until someone said he'll post it on reddit.

Now that you're here, could you update us on the issue? Since you talk to the owner everyday

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #476 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 10:20:41 »
Why are multiple GMK sets still running even after these problems are so apparently consistent? Are vendors running keysets through GMK praying that issues will be fixed? If nothing can get done than literally over ten thousand MoDo2 sets and thousands of this run will ship BROKEN. It wouldn't be so devastating if this wasn't off the back of a manufacturer that previously prided itself on perfection and quality. I get vendors gotta make money, but you can't purposefully run something that you're aware will be faulty. It's not fair to anybody.

GMK be hype bruh

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #477 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 10:44:53 »
I had to learn to manage expectations towards GMK as well. When I got into this hobby and started reading around about keycaps and materials the overall attitude was like "GMK is the best. No issues like other manufacturers / materials". I read this again and again. When I received my first GMK set (Calm Depths aftermarket) I first thought I got a b stock. Because I never read that the Z is often tilted or like other small problems.
I'm pretty sure that it is not clear to a lot of people what level of "perfection" to expect from a GMK set or maybe from any keyset from any manufacturer.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #478 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:54:25 »
Does any vendor ever market GMK sets as perfect and without issues like other manufacturers? I got my first GMK set in 2013 and I don't notice any difference in quality from recent GBs compared to GMK from 7 years ago. Y'all need to manage your expectation. GMK bought the doubleshot mold from Cherry, and Cherry doubleshot has been around since when, the 80s? When you buy GMK you are buying ancient tech. Heck the entire hobby is ancient tech. What exactly do you expect?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #479 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:55:13 »
I had to learn to manage expectations towards GMK as well. When I got into this hobby and started reading around about keycaps and materials the overall attitude was like "GMK is the best. No issues like other manufacturers / materials". I read this again and again. When I received my first GMK set (Calm Depths aftermarket) I first thought I got a b stock. Because I never read that the Z is often tilted or like other small problems.
I'm pretty sure that it is not clear to a lot of people what level of "perfection" to expect from a GMK set or maybe from any keyset from any manufacturer.

You can be the highest quality while also not being perfect.

Perfect is unattainable.

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #480 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:21:46 »
Does any vendor ever market GMK sets as perfect and without issues like other manufacturers? I got my first GMK set in 2013 and I don't notice any difference in quality from recent GBs compared to GMK from 7 years ago. Y'all need to manage your expectation. GMK bought the doubleshot mold from Cherry, and Cherry doubleshot has been around since when, the 80s? When you buy GMK you are buying ancient tech. Heck the entire hobby is ancient tech. What exactly do you expect?
The thing is what does anybody expect for his first GMK set and why do they expect it that way? The overall tenor mostly was that you pay a premium price for a premium product. The imperfections of GMK are not as clearly listed as the imperfections of other manufacturers I think. So first buyers might have the expectation of a flawless product. I do not want to blame anyone I just tried to explain by example why some people could be upset by their first GMK set based on wrong expectations and why these wrong expectations might exist.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:28:45 »
The thing is what does anybody expect for his first GMK set and why do they expect it that way? The overall tenor mostly was that you pay a premium price for a premium product. The imperfections of GMK are not as clearly listed as the imperfections of other manufacturers I think. So first buyers might have the expectation of a flawless product. I do not want to blame anyone I just tried to explain by example why some people could be upset by their first GMK set based on wrong expectations and why these wrong expectations might exist.

That's all good and fair. Just don't blame the vendors for it (not saying you did). The vendors are doing good things for this community and I appreciate their work. The last thing we need is more scammers like Ivan.

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #482 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 15:13:24 »
Hey,

More

"

Do you want me not to? I wouldn't have to if 9009 was handled better, look at Langelandia who accepted the spacebar issues and posted an update on the main GB thread, vs 9009 where Janglad actively tried to prevent posting images on geekhack. No comments from you at all until someone said he'll post it on reddit.

Now that you're here, could you update us on the issue? Since you talk to the owner everyday

Show Image

I make an update every single week on our weekly update page.

https://news.dixiemech.com

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #483 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 04:03:49 »
Hey, a bit late to all of this and not related to the stuff above.

Will there be extra hihihi enter keys? (Novelkeys).
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #484 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 07:14:42 »

I don't think I have ever seen Novelkeys not carry extra rama enter keys but they are usually the first thing that gets sold out, usually in like a couple hours. I am guessing he probably stocked more than usual though, just due to sheer popularity of the set.

Offline kevchigga

« Reply #485 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:07:12 »

THIS. I need this Rama enter key also.

Offline killuchen

« Reply #486 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:09:29 »
I'm ready for extras! I need some Olivia in my life :o

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #487 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 02:48:25 »
249570-0

249572-1

Offline stevenT

« Reply #488 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 19:50:35 »

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #489 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 20:06:03 »

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline Tyson

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 20:16:17 »

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 20:46:52 »

have you checked if any spacebar is warped?

This person has a flipped spacebar, do you think they care about the natural order of things?

Offline of_sam

« Reply #492 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:34:43 »

have you checked if any spacebar is warped?

This person has a flipped spacebar, do you think they care about the natural order of things?

AYO Bruh can't hear you from the upside down
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline jontseg

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 22:02:51 »
Just want to say these were a great run!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #494 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 18:52:50 »

there were some keys that were really bad, but for the most part the were fine. i recently took delivery of analog dreams, camping r2 and cafe, and the space bars were all fine. they weren't absolutely perfect, but not different from what i had before. once mounted you can't tell they were warped by about 1mm or so. they are the same as my mizu and my 2017 run of white on black space bars. some of my mods have less than ideal legends too, but i live it because i'm not using those keys anyway. i'm using novelties.

if you're expecting absolutely perfect space bars like on corsair and razer keyboards, it's not going to happen. you may as well leave the hobby because you will never be happy. if you're looking for perfectly made key caps, razer has some on amazon for $30. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPRYK9X/ but don't expect wide compatibility, unique colors or novelties.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2020, 18:54:40 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline Quteno

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 07:22:37 »
there were some keys that were really bad, but for the most part the were fine. i recently took delivery of analog dreams, camping r2 and cafe, and the space bars were all fine. they weren't absolutely perfect, but not different from what i had before. once mounted you can't tell they were warped by about 1mm or so. they are the same as my mizu and my 2017 run of white on black space bars.
Now a 1mm warping is in most cases fine, really. And like you say not something anyone is going to notice when the keycaps are in use. The problem is when the warping is bigger than that, it's when you start to notice that stabs are scratchy cause due to the warp one side is pressing the stab stem to the housing, or stabs are producing pinging and ticking sounds despite a generous amount of lube etc. 

some of my mods have less than ideal legends too, but i live it because i'm not using those keys anyway. i'm using novelties.
This is something that you should report regardless if you use the keycaps or not, cause those are issues that should not be present on the GMK sets. Hell there were runs where GMK was replacing keycaps in some cases. 

if you're expecting absolutely perfect space bars like on corsair and razer keyboards, it's not going to happen. you may as well leave the hobby because you will never be happy. if you're looking for perfectly made key caps, razer has some on amazon for $30. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPRYK9X/ but don't expect wide compatibility, unique colors or novelties.
With attitude like yours "accept whatever you get" the makers will get lazy, why bother to make something better if people are buying it anyway? If there are issues, people should complain and rise awareness about it. But nobody should attack anyone over it, especially the vendors who make the groupbuy runs possible and usually prettysmooth.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #496 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:53:01 »
First wanna comment this is greatly designed set. Also greatly and fastly delivered. But can't say same thing about production quality.

My 7u spacebar is noticabily warped and 6.25 a bit too. Is it possible to get a replacement of that key or at least 7u? I don't have board to test my 7u spacebar, because it didn't arrive, but it looks concerning - it is like 2mm tilt. Comparing to 8008 it is noticably warped: 8008 was last set with good spacebars. Stop misleading about gmk making keycaps like that, because a month ago they didn't. LINK TO PHOTOS/COMPARANCE: https://imgur.com/a/oZukCuE . I know that GMK replaced noticably warped, shifted legend as it was with oblivion r2. Please do the same GMK, we still hope you can do better, because 8008 was not bad talking about spacebars.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2020, 11:37:46 by Domantas »

Offline stevenT

« Reply #497 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 21:19:19 »
First wanna comment this is greatly designed set. Also greatly and fastly delivered. But can't say same thing about production quality.

My 7u spacebar is noticabily warped and 6.25 a bit too. Is it possible to get a replacement of that key or at least 7u? I don't have board to test my 7u spacebar, because it didn't arrive, but it looks concerning - it is like 2mm tilt. Comparing to 8008 it is noticably warped: 8008 was last set with good spacebars. Stop misleading about gmk making keycaps like that, because a month ago they didn't.
Show Image
LINK TO PHOTOS/COMPARANCE: https://imgur.com/a/oZukCuE . I know that GMK replaced noticably warped, shifted legend as it was with oblivion r2. Please do the same GMK, we still hope you can do better, because 8008 was not bad talking about spacebars.

I think the replacement of Oblivion Modifiers only happened after the designer detected the error on keycaps and many feedbacks from users who received the bad products, so it was considered to be a widespread.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 01:51:45 »

My 7u spacebar is noticabily warped and 6.25 a bit too. Is it possible to get a replacement of that key or at least 7u? I don't have board to test my 7u spacebar, because it didn't arrive, but it looks concerning - it is like 2mm tilt. Comparing to 8008 it is noticably warped: 8008 was last set with good spacebars. Stop misleading about gmk making keycaps like that, because a month ago they didn't.
Show Image
LINK TO PHOTOS/COMPARANCE: https://imgur.com/a/oZukCuE . I know that GMK replaced noticably warped, shifted legend as it was with oblivion r2. Please do the same GMK, we still hope you can do better, because 8008 was not bad talking about spacebars.

Can you post pics with the lights on please, I can't tell the difference because they are too dark.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #499 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 02:41:38 »
Are these being delivered now?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::