Author Topic: Ducky shine 3 - Key caps  (Read 7522 times)

Offline hudson0804

Ducky shine 3 - Key caps
« on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:20:37 »
hey guys im after some key caps to replace the Calc, PC, Mail and Home keys on the my ducky shine 3.

What im after is to replace the current ones with stop pause and play - i intend on installing the firmware to change them form volume ot the media player shortcuts.

"02. New: Multimedia keys (Fn + Calc = Play/Pause, Fn + PC = Stop, Fn + Mail = Previous Song, Fn + Home = Next Song)."

I hope this makes sense to what im trying to achieve.

Thanks

H.

PS - this is the first post i have ever made using a mechanical keyboard....
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:27:43 by hudson0804 »

Offline mapple

Re: Ducky shine 3 - Key caps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:33:24 »
hey and welcome in the real world:). u got some switched firmware or official from ducky?
as for keycaps maybe wasd would be good shot since i think it might be little tricky to find R4 OEM profile 4 audio keycaps and they have possibility to make each one custom
In God We Trust

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:48:37 »
It is official ducky firmware for the Shine 3 from here -> http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/firmware_updater.html

To OP I thought I saw something like what you want but a quick search didn't turn it up I will keep looking.

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:11:02 »
thanks much appreciated.

Have to say.  This is a very different experience to what i am used to.

Who knew huh :P

H

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:21:05 »
Presumably you want backlit-friendly?

If you can't find any, there are some amusing 4-set backlight-friendly keycaps here: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/key-cap.html#ty;pagination_contents;/keyboard-parts/key-cap.html

They would at least provide a little distraction :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:27:45 »
Again, not what you're looking for... but some more backlit caps; http://stores.ebay.com/GeekKeys/ABS-Keycaps-/_i.html?_fsub=3478005017

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 11:01:38 »
I've scoured the net for the majority of today and I really am drawing a blank.

Is this not something people go fo, could I perhaps get some bespoke ones fabricated (if so where - Qwerkeys seems DOA atm) or should I just face it that its not going to happen.

I have been rather surprised that no one has ever wanted the media style keys rather than the calc pc mail and home keys.

H

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 14:09:56 »
I've scoured the net for the majority of today and I really am drawing a blank.

Is this not something people go fo, could I perhaps get some bespoke ones fabricated (if so where - Qwerkeys seems DOA atm) or should I just face it that its not going to happen.

I have been rather surprised that no one has ever wanted the media style keys rather than the calc pc mail and home keys.

H

Maybe because Ducky has media keys on some of the F keys already?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 05:44:11 »
You would think that was the case but there aren't any that I can see.

The keys in the top corner (Calc, PC, Home Mail) are function keys for media control (via a firmware update form ducky).

I'll keep searching.

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 05:50:08 »
I love the internet - plus my own stupidity to not have seen this first time round.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/90/category/8/

You think there's any chance WASD would make these back light friendly?

Thanks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 06:08:59 »
Hi rowdy,

Exactly what I was after.  However these are not backlight friendly.  A minor issue but yes that's what i'm after.

Thanks a billion.