Author Topic: A couple of questions seeking geek help!!  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Daci_MVRL

A couple of questions seeking geek help!!
« on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 17:39:42 »
Hi everyone,

I currently own a Performance MX laser mouse that Logitech kindly sent me to replace my old MX Revolution more than half a year ago, but recently it's been giving problems, erratic movements..etc.  I'm wondering if the cause of this issue could be mouse feet related or it's really a sensor problem.  I've ruled out the mousing surface since I keep my Icemat II fairly clean.

**Also, does the new Kone+ from Roccat have any dire issues or is it really the golden boy everyone's making it out to be?

Thanks in advance,

Offline lootbag

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 November 2010, 06:58:05 »
Logitech has a wonderful warranty service.
You should send the mouse back if it is still covered.
They usually don't ask many questions.

I warranty'd my MX Revolution once as well.

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 December 2010, 02:26:21 »
Small world...

Just today I had to deal with a weird issue with  logitech re the Revo MX mouse... Picked it up for $5.00 in a second hand store sans dongle and  charger/base, but functional, and ordered a replacement for both back in March from the logitech site which prompted a call to CS when only the dongle arrived.  Though we'd wanted the whole base, either the cord alone or nothing arrived, but only the cord was available through the site when I called to inquire about it.

When they asked if I had a receipt I told them we had gotten it second-hand from someone else, but after reading the serial number off the thing to the rep, turns out it was still under warranty, and they offered us a brand new Performance MX trade up at that time because the Revo was OOP and we needed a base as well as the AC cord.  It was only because they didn't make the Revo anymore that they even bothered with the RMA part, otherwise they would've just sent us a replacement base, but with the model switch-up they wanted us to send in the Revo.  Rather than RMA the Revo for a Performance MX, which we didn't like as much, we decided to just get a used base off ebay instead and we used it with the dongle we got.   On 4/01 I had gotten charged $14.39  to Logitech for that, and not the full 28.77 which the order totalled with the charger that we didn't get, so I didn't think anything more about it.  

In May we ordered 2 wireless PS2 controllers for a total of $32.40, for which I received two duplicate shipment notices. They were ordered at the same time came in the same package and only one order# and confirmation but I got charged twice separately on 6/01 for $16.20 instead of once for $32.40.  Since it totalled out fine, I didn't worry about that either.

NOW on Nov 30, I have received a duplicate shipping confirmation for the order # placed in March with a different tracking number that shows delivered at exactly the same date/time (4/05/10)  as the shipping confirmation I received for the order back then!  Also have recieved notice from INGdirect  Electric Orange Checking (the debit card on file at Logitech) that a new debit has come in for $14.38 to Logitech dated 12/03!  Despite the fact that the account was closed back iat the end of  JUNE because of "too many refused transactions"!!  wtf???  

No one at either Logitech or ING knows what is happening or why and both say this is totally unheard of.    I find this a more acceptable response from Logitech than INGdirect, though.  I am also inclined to be more forgiving to Logitech as their CS has been far more personable and helpful than ING's staff who essentially fired me as a customer because the computer had to say "declined" when i tried to buy a program with my debit card at the Sting Concert when I hadn't realized that Netflix auto debited the same day...Logitech definitely bought themselves some leeway with the treatment I  got in March for certain.  Very impressive display of customer  service...

Who do I yell at?  (I suspect ING, since Logitech will probably be content to void the charge on 12/03 even if I shortly receive another USB dongle or whatever if history is anything to judge by...  but they do seem to have some messy billing practices)
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 December 2010, 02:32:34 by Voixdelion »
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav