Author Topic: TLDR: use Windows 98, the Cult of (Formerly the microsoft windows megathread)  (Read 70389 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Internet explorer 6 will never die
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 14:54:06 »
internet explorer sucks

NO IT DOESN'T. ANYBODY WHO SAYS THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT.
(Attachment Link)
internet explorer still sucks though

Eventually you'll learn that, no matter how much you try, you will never convince MW of this fact.

That is because Internet Explorer is fundamentally superior to all other internet browsers on the planet. I am simply an acknowledger of the truth.

You obviously never read that article explaining how every single version of Internet Explorer came with a fundamental security flaw.

I read it, but it's just a lie. Satan is just trying to sabotage the reputation of this beautiful piece of software that we know of as Internet Explorer 6.

All hail Satan. Lord of the Better Web Browsers.

I WOULD RATHER USE INTERNET EXPLORER 6 THAN WORSHIP THE DEVIL!

Weak sauce.
You will worship your one true god and see the light.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

I will stay on the good side. I'll let you devil worshippers use Netscape. I'll take MSIE6 for myself!

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

Hail INTERNET EXPLORER 6.
We have a worshipping room for the IE Cult. Ignore the showerheads.

AND THAT ROOM IS CALLED PLANET EARTH. SO MANY PEOPLE USE INTERNET EXPLORER THAT ONE SMALL ROOM CANNOT FIT THEM ALL!

YOU NEED TO GET WINDOWS 98 AND START USING MSIE6 TODAY!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Malphas

Re: Windows 98
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 14:55:04 »

Halcyon days.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 14:57:45 by Malphas »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 15:07:03 »
Windows 3.0 or GTFO

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:05:01 »
internet explorer sucks

(Attachment Link)

Eventually you'll learn that, no matter how much you try, you will never convince MW of this fact.

That is because Internet Explorer is fundamentally superior to all other internet browsers on the planet. I am simply an acknowledger of the truth.

You obviously never read that article explaining how every single version of Internet Explorer came with a fundamental security flaw.

I read it, but it's just a lie. Satan is just trying to sabotage the reputation of this beautiful piece of software that we know of as Internet Explorer 6.

Weak sauce.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

I will stay on the good side. I'll let you devil worshippers use Netscape. I'll take MSIE6 for myself!

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

AND THAT ROOM IS CALLED PLANET EARTH. SO MANY PEOPLE USE INTERNET EXPLORER THAT ONE SMALL ROOM CANNOT FIT THEM ALL!

(Attachment Link)

You just simply don't understand. You unfortunately do not appear to be adequately educated in the world of computing. Everybody knows that Internet Explorer 6 is immortal. You can't deny it!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:08:51 »
They don't even use IE over at Microsoft. Most people have Chrome on their work computers.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 18:18:35 »
internet explorer sucks

(Attachment Link)

Weak sauce.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

(Attachment Link)

You just simply don't understand. You unfortunately do not appear to be adequately educated in the world of computing. Everybody knows that Internet Explorer 6 is immortal. You can't deny it!
shut up loser
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:19:11 »
IE6 has been dead for years, it just doesn't know it.

internet explorer sucks

(Attachment Link)

Weak sauce.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

(Attachment Link)

shut up loser

Who do you think you are calling me a loser? I'm the one winning the game here. You're just too far behind the train to notice.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:20:51 »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:28:01 »
autoexec.bat
config.sys

Oh my goodness!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:34:44 »

internet explorer sucks

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Weak sauce.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

shut up loser

Who do you think you are calling me a loser? I'm the one winning the game here. You're just too far behind the train to notice.
and you're riding a horse carriage
and the horses are dead

(you're beating a dead horse, is what I'm saying)
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:38:58 »
Riding around in a brougham - classic.

The slower pace of life is something that most people miss out on these days.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:41:11 »

internet explorer sucks

Weak sauce.
Open your eyes.
hail satan
banish ie

Hail HYDRA
HEIL H-
HAIL HYDRA.

shut up loser

and you're riding a horse carriage
and the horses are dead

(you're beating a dead horse, is what I'm saying)

But at least I'm not beating Internet Explorer 6. Internet Explorer 6 will never be a dead horse, you know...

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:41:49 »
Riding around in a brougham - classic.

The slower pace of life is something that most people miss out on these days.

Windows 98 on a Pentium I will admit is a fine way to slow things down a little....but then it leaves one with time to contemplate life a bit anyways! : )

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:47:12 »
and windows 98 and ie is a great way to slow down your computer
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:50:29 »

Win98SE actually runs decent on a Pentium III. But that doesn't mean I'd actually use it. Or IE6.

*PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY WINDOWS 8 AND GOOGLE CHROME*
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:55:14 »

Win98SE actually runs decent on a Pentium III. But that doesn't mean I'd actually use it. Or IE6.

Windows 8 and Chrome 4 life

until a new windows comes out
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:00:28 »

Windows 8 and Chrome 4 life

until a new windows comes out

Which will probably be sometime soonish, I would imagine...

Win9.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:02:41 »
Once mac and or linux gets better gaming support I'll leave windows forever ....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that was funny.

No but seriously wouldn't it be cool if you could build your own PC and then install Mac on it.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:10:26 »
No but seriously wouldn't it be cool if you could build your own PC and then install Mac on it.

Umm... you can.

Ever heard of a Hackintosh? An iPC?
tp thread is tp thread

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:10:46 »
Once mac and or linux gets better gaming support I'll leave windows forever ....

jesus I've been staring at the middle gif in your sig all day and I have no idea what it is
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:12:27 »

jesus I've been staring at the middle gif in your sig all day and I have no idea what it is

oh good, so I'm not the only one...

tp thread is tp thread

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 21:09:00 »
They all seem to be Dr. Who gifs, and I think that's Amy. No idea what the reference is though. It's the second one I can't wrap my mind around, no idea what's going on there.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:34:58 »
Windows is for morons.  I'll never give up my Mac.

Show Image

Actually, Mac OS is Windows for morons. Just pointing out these #trufax for you

Well, Mac OS came out first is all I know.  Maybe when Gates and his minions copied the genius work of Steve Jobs, the software got smarter in its Windows clone-form, I dunno, but Mac OS was first.

Oh you mean the OS that Steve Jobs took from Xerox. Hue

Aw now copycats are geniuses? I admire the size of Mr. Jobs' ego, and passion for his own thinking, but I would not call him a genius.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 22:52:44 »
Windows 98 was actually pretty buggy, now Windows 98 SE was l33t.

Offline vasconqs

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 03:20:16 »

Windows 3.11 on top of DOS, best damn thing ever. You could actually learn how the filesystem worked, just by using it. You had A:, you had C:, and if you were lucky you had D:. If you were unlucky you got B: instead. Those big-ass floppy Bs...

Now I'm like, "How is My Computer a folder, and in which drive is My Desktop?"

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 03:42:18 »
AFAIK I've watched all the episodes with Karen Gillan (Amy), and I haven't seen anything like this. It doesn't really look like her either.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 05:45:41 »
The first network I setup was with Windows for Workgroups 3.11.

It was magical because it all just seemed to work.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:59:25 »
There was always something magical about Windows....even in the early years!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:01:04 »
There was always something magical about Windows....even in the early years!

It will come back, soon as WinFS is implemented!

hahahah

Offline physicsmajor

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:28:07 »
I see your Windows 98 and raise you Windows ME!
Show Image

The first rule of Windows ME is: nobody ever speaks about Windows ME for any reason.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 18:48:51 »
Show Image

The first rule of Windows ME is: nobody ever speaks about Windows ME for any reason.

That's probably the rule around the Redmond campus. ;)
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:19:25 »
Show Image

I remember when I had to use Windows ME... - shudders- :-X
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:39:59 »
Did you know that Doctor Who uses Internet Explorer 6?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 20:09:41 »

Prove it.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 20:45:13 »

Prove it.

That's an improper usage of the lexical ambiguity.
It should be did you know the Doctor uses Internet Explorer 6.

Offline physicsmajor

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 20:59:13 »
clip ...

I remember when I had to use Windows ME... - shudders- :-X

I fear I've unintentionally broken the rule.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 21:02:13 »
NOBODY DISSES WINDOWS ME.
YOU HEAR ME?
HOW ELSE WOULD WE HAVE SURVIVED YTK?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 15:27:05 »

Prove it.

Prove that the Doctor doesn't.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 16:22:34 »

Prove it.

Prove that the Doctor doesn't.

I don't have to, as I'm not the one stating that the Doctor does! :cool:

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 00:40:47 »
I bet he's on Chrome and responding to use saying that IE 6 is the ****.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 01:35:30 »
I bet he's on Chrome and responding to use saying that IE 6 is the ****.

You obviously haven't seen MW's collection of PCs... :))

Offline feizor

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 02:33:11 »
I have to use IE 6 at work because our intranet was built on it and doesn't work on any other browsers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 03:49:37 »
I have to use IE 6 at work because our intranet was built on it and doesn't work on any other browsers.

That's sad :(

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 04:09:48 »
"hey boss! i ****ing quit"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 04:37:13 »

That is an absolute abysmal statement trying desperately to make a link with that gawd awful piece of software dross with a legend in Sci-Fi.

Shame on you Gates's Warped Child, you shall never encourage anyone here on Geekhack to be enslaved to Microsoft or their loathsome browser.  It really pisses me off when you keep on dragging a dead carcass down the street and telling every stranger how sweet it smells  >:( .

IE 6 is now dead, good riddance to bad rubbish.  Now to turn it over in the compost bin so that it gets re-absorbed back into it's own rot  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 04:38:42 »
"hey boss! i ****ing quit"

"Hey, Boss, I can rewrite this in something portable across modern browsers!"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 04:40:28 »
Internet Explorer is an instrument of the Daleks.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 05:21:49 »
internet explorer more like

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Belfong

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 08:19:18 »
Y2K, you mean..

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Geekhack Logo
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 09:34:23 »
aNY MORE THOUGHTS ON THIS LOGO?