Author Topic: Why Does My Computer Lag?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline flaming_june

Why Does My Computer Lag?
« on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 19:34:52 »
Whenever I turn on my computer, after about five to 15 minutes the graphics in games and sound in movies start to lag until it gets very choppy.  This seem to be due to my CM storm spawn mouse.  I reconnect the mouse and the fps/sound gets back to normal, until another five to 15 minutes later it gets back to the same issues.  When I use my old Razer mouse, no such issue occur.  I've tried the storm spawn mouse on 125/250/1000 mhz settings and similar issues occur.  However when my razer, ss xai was used, at 500/1000 mhz settings this just doesn't happen.  I hope someone can give me some insight on why this cm storm spawn mouse is causing so much performance lag.

Cheers

Offline iindigo

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 19:53:04 »
I highly doubt the mouse itself or any of its settings is what's causing it.

Next time your CM Storm is plugged in and it starts lagging, check for background processes in the Process Manager. I bet CM's software is running and has a severe memory leak or other malfunction, causing the lag.

While I do not own one of these mice myself, I've read several reviews that have stated the provided software is buggy and immature so it seems to be a likely cause.

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 October 2011, 20:46:49 »
Though I have doubts myself it seem the mouse is indeed the surface cause of the problem.  Hence i didn't title this "spawn's lagging my ****".  Thx for the suggestion off letting the software go.  I've actually uninstalled the storm spawn's software a while ago.  This problem still kept on happening.  It might be just due to a buggy mouse and it needs to RMA'd.  However I'm not sure.  I will check next time when it starts to lag on what's causing it in the background.  It could very well be a conflict between this usb device and something else (as I've read such things happening in logitech keyboard combo-ing with some logitech mouse).

Cheers