Author Topic: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread  (Read 337706 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: GeekHack: Pistol and Rifle - General Discussion and Picture Thread
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 22:03:41 »
As someone who has never even looked at purchasing a firearm, what's ballpark for a nice middle tier pistol?

You can pick up a CZ75 or a decent Glock in the $450-550 range last.  At least that's what I remember from when I was looking at a CZ75 in the last year or so.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 22:49:38 »

The only Sig I've ever fired was a P229 in 9mm, but in the Glock 17 and 22 (and likewise the 19 and 23) I found the .40 to be a little more snappy than the 9mm. The recoil impulse itself was roughly equal, but it felt a little more aggressive in the .40 to me.

^^^ this....I tried to like .40 but it wasn't for me... shot a sig p226 and USP in .40 and it was a little too snappy for me.

Once I shot .45 ACP ... I stuck to 9mm or .45 in my handguns.

I actually liked the G21 but slide dimension made it a big gun, that's why I went with the 30s since its slide profile is exactly like a G19 and the grip is only slight larger than the G19. Also it handles pretty well, controllable and not snappy at all... haven't shot it with a flush fit 9rd mag since it comes with two 10rd mags but I hope to try that in the future and hopefully pearce makes a grip extension for it.

Shot my friends HK45 last week and that was fun gun to shoot... I might have to pick one up soon.

.45 ACPs ive shot or owned
- Glock G21 / 30s
- M&P 45
- Sig 227
- Springfield TRP no rail / half rail and full rail 1911
- Springfield Champion Operator 1911
- HK 45

.9mm ive shot or owned
- Glock 17/19/34
- M&P 9 and Shield
- Springfield XD/ XDM
- CZ Sp01 and P01
- Sig 226 /229 / P2022
- HK USP9
- RIA 1911 9mm
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1102 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 23:24:58 »

The only Sig I've ever fired was a P229 in 9mm, but in the Glock 17 and 22 (and likewise the 19 and 23) I found the .40 to be a little more snappy than the 9mm. The recoil impulse itself was roughly equal, but it felt a little more aggressive in the .40 to me.

^^^ this....I tried to like .40 but it wasn't for me... shot a sig p226 and USP in .40 and it was a little too snappy for me.

I actually liked the G21 but slide dimension made it a big gun, that's why I went with the 30s since its slide profile is exactly like a G19 and the grip is only slight larger than the G19. Also it handles pretty well, controllable and not snappy at all... haven't shot it with a flush fit 9rd mag since it comes with two 10rd mags but I hope to try that in the future and hopefully pearce makes a grip extension for it.

Shot my friends HK45 last week and that was fun gun to shoot... I might have to pick one up soon.

- Glock G21 / 30s
- M&P 45
- Sig 227
- HK 45

.9mm ive shot or owned
- Glock 17/19/34
- M&P 9 and Shield
- Springfield XD/ XDM
- CZ Sp01 and P01
- Sig 226 /229 / P2022
- HK USP9
- RIA 1911 9mm

9mm has the least muzzle flip and least push out of the three.
.40 SW has the most muzzle flip and medium push.
.45 ACP has either the same or less muzzle flip than 9mm and the most push.

I don't like .40 SW because of the muzzle flip.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1103 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 23:26:35 »
As someone who has never even looked at purchasing a firearm, what's ballpark for a nice middle tier pistol?

Yeah, around $500-$600.  Though if you're going to concealed carry it, I'd save up and get a Kimber carry model with built-in laser.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #1104 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 23:55:31 »

- Glock G21 / 30s
- M&P 45
- Sig 227
- HK 45

.9mm ive shot or owned
- Glock 17/19/34
- M&P 9 and Shield
- Springfield XD/ XDM
- CZ Sp01 and P01
- Sig 226 /229 / P2022
- HK USP9
- RIA 1911 9mm

Don't care for the .40 for the same reason. It's just unpleasant to shoot and the last time I checked ammo prices were similar to .45 acp. I'm surprised you haven't shot the XDS, or can you not get them in California?
SSKs for everyone!

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1105 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:01:26 »

Don't care for the .40 for the same reason. It's just unpleasant to shoot and the last time I checked ammo prices were similar to .45 acp. I'm surprised you haven't shot the XDS, or can you not get them in California?

I've actually held a XDS 3.3 and 4.0 ... I was tempted but decided against it. I ended up getting the Shield instead since I do like the M&P ergos a lot and like the XDS since it comes in .45 but decided on the glock 30s.

I guess I decide the upgrade selection was better for the shield and glocks in the future..  :(

unfortunately after this year we wont be able to get the XDS which sucks....

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #1106 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:10:27 »

Yeah, around $500-$600.  Though if you're going to concealed carry it, I'd save up and get a Kimber carry model with built-in laser.
Welp, goodbye keyboards, hello firearms?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:13:27 »
Guns are fun, but ammo is expensive as hell unless you do your own reloading...then it's just expensive.  And you'd better make sure you have someplace nearby where you can shoot.  I only have an indoor pistol range unless I drive for a couple of hours.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1108 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:03:09 »
...So my accu-shadow came in a couple weeks ago and my pro-tek came back from the custom shop last week.

I put the stock rubber grips on the accu. I have pretty big hands and the custom shop thin grips were cramped in single action. The rubber grips fill my hand much better, I get the right amount of finger on the trigger off the draw, and they also allow me to get my off hand higher up on the frame more naturally. I think I'll put a strip of grip tape on the front and back straps and it'll be perfect.

The pro-tek had the anodizing stripped off the frame, undercuts on the trigger guard and beavertail, then cerakoted burnt bronze, an original 85 combat trigger swapped in with a short reset, and finally topped it off with a FO front sight with blacked out rears.

You'll have to excuse the dirt/grime and lint...

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1109 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:08:30 »
...So my accu-shadow came in a couple weeks ago and my pro-tek came back from the custom shop last week.

I put the stock rubber grips on the accu. I have pretty big hands and the custom shop thin grips were cramped in single action. The rubber grips fill my hand much better, I get the right amount of finger on the trigger off the draw, and they also allow me to get my off hand higher up on the frame more naturally. I think I'll put a strip of grip tape on the front and back straps and it'll be perfect.

Show Image

Show Image

The pro-tek had the anodizing stripped off the frame, undercuts on the trigger guard and beavertail, then cerakoted burnt bronze, an original 85 combat trigger swapped in with a short reset, and finally topped it off with a FO front sight with blacked out rears.

Show Image

So jealous of your accu shadow..... mind me asking when you ordered it? I ordered mine in march and they said it might be made in June,,, but that has passed already. Not in rush, but seeing yours and mmmty is making me want to get it sooner..

I opted for the Accushadow BLK... probably overkill but its gonna be my only CZ for now, figured why not.

Also that pro-tek is pretty nice also  :thumb:

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1110 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:21:18 »
I ordered it at the end of Feb. They said it would probably be done late May and ended up shipping mid June. Seems they are a couple weeks off the three month quote time for the accu builds.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1111 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:32:57 »
I ordered it at the end of Feb. They said it would probably be done late May and ended up shipping mid June. Seems they are a couple weeks off the three month quote time for the accu builds.

Thanks man ... By that estimate hopefully mind should be ready by end of July hopefully ... Hopefully by me changing my order to the BLK model doesn't delay it further.

Also have you shot it yet ? And if yes , you think it was worth the cost?
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:34:40 by jpm804 »

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:59:32 »

Thanks man ... By that estimate hopefully mind should be ready by end of July hopefully ... Hopefully by me changing my order to the BLK model doesn't delay it further.

Also have you shot it yet ? And if yes , you think it was worth the cost?

Oh ya, i've been shooting it a lot since I got it. It really does close the groups up a ridiculous amount. The test target from CZ-UB and the one from the custom shop is like night and day. Granted, thats in a ransom rest. At least I know that if I miss it's my fault and not the pistol. If I do my part and the consistency is there and its the difference between an alpha or charlie, then it's absolutely worth it to me. The cost isn't outside the box for a high end gun to shoot production with in my opinion.

I'd be really curious to see how the regular accu compares to the blk with the match fit barrel. Either way you can't go wrong. Mine will be my primary production gun for a very long time. Only thing I might do someday is find a tactical sport and build an open gun out of it, but that isn't anywhere in the near future.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:15:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

Ugh... I'm so damn jealous of your pro-tek... Pretty much the perfected version of my PCR... I really should get the Alu-slim grip. Getting sick of the rubber grip tagging on my shirt.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1114 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:29:15 »

Oh ya, i've been shooting it a lot since I got it. It really does close the groups up a ridiculous amount. The test target from CZ-UB and the one from the custom shop is like night and day. Granted, thats in a ransom rest. At least I know that if I miss it's my fault and not the pistol. If I do my part and the consistency is there and its the difference between an alpha or charlie, then it's absolutely worth it to me. The cost isn't outside the box for a high end gun to shoot production with in my opinion.

I'd be really curious to see how the regular accu compares to the blk with the match fit barrel. Either way you can't go wrong. Mine will be my primary production gun for a very long time. Only thing I might do someday is find a tactical sport and build an open gun out of it, but that isn't anywhere in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback,,,,, sounds like what I was looking for in a production gun. I definitely want to get into USPSA production shooting in the future and wanted the best gun that qualified for production which seems to be the accu shadow. Heaven knows I probably need to get the most from my gun as I get more into the shooting sports.

Sold both CZ p01 and spo1 tactical to fund this purchase so it sounds like it was worth it. I originally ordered the accu shadow but when I saw the BLK version it wasn't much more for a match fit barrel so I went with it. The only thing I didn't like about the BLK is that it didn't come with the adjustable comp rear sights, but I just upgraded that with my order... not sure why they didn't carry that over to the BLK model.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1115 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:55:56 »
Ugh... I'm so damn jealous of your pro-tek... Pretty much the perfected version of my PCR... I really should get the Alu-slim grip. Getting sick of the rubber grip tagging on my shirt.

Ya I can definitely see how the rubber grips would get grabby with a shirt over them. I'm not sure what it is but I prefer the thin grips on the compact frame CZs and thicker grips on the full sized.

Thanks for the feedback,,,,, sounds like what I was looking for in a production gun. I definitely want to get into USPSA production shooting in the future and wanted the best gun that qualified for production which seems to be the accu shadow. Heaven knows I probably need to get the most from my gun as I get more into the shooting sports.

Sold both CZ p01 and spo1 tactical to fund this purchase so it sounds like it was worth it. I originally ordered the accu shadow but when I saw the BLK version it wasn't much more for a match fit barrel so I went with it. The only thing I didn't like about the BLK is that it didn't come with the adjustable comp rear sights, but I just upgraded that with my order... not sure why they didn't carry that over to the BLK model.

Shooting the accu in production feels a little unfair. I used to shoot striker fired guns but for me, there's nothing like a SAO or tuned short reset double single hammer gun. I personally feel like I can get a lot more out of the CZ trigger than I could have previously with a Glock or M&P. Some people just prefer the consistent trigger on a striker. With the work the custom shop does the double action pull has never been an issue.

As far as the sights go, I've seen plenty of adjustable sights break and a lot of people like the reliability of fixed rears. I shoot both 147 and 135 gr and the 147's shoot high so I like the ability to adjust the sights back to POA/POI easily. Everything is a trade off. 

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1116 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:07:00 »

Ya I can definitely see how the rubber grips would get grabby with a shirt over them. I'm not sure what it is but I prefer the thin grips on the compact frame CZs and thicker grips on the full sized.

Hmmm. I have small hands so I'd probably go for smaller grips on both guns, but I can kind of see where you're going. The way I see it, the Pro-tek you'd want as small as possible for IWB conceal carry, and the the Accu-Shadow, being a fullsize competition gun, I'd want the most firm grip on the gun as possible. The ergonomics of the CZ rubber grips are pretty much perfect for comfort, even for my small hands. Only issue I have is the double-action trigger is a bit of a reach for my short fingers :P I had to practice drawing and pulling the double action a lot for conceal carry when I first got the PCR.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1117 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:24:25 »
Hmmm. I have small hands so I'd probably go for smaller grips on both guns, but I can kind of see where you're going. The way I see it, the Pro-tek you'd want as small as possible for IWB conceal carry, and the the Accu-Shadow, being a fullsize competition gun, I'd want the most firm grip on the gun as possible. The ergonomics of the CZ rubber grips are pretty much perfect for comfort, even for my small hands. Only issue I have is the double-action trigger is a bit of a reach for my short fingers :P I had to practice drawing and pulling the double action a lot for conceal carry when I first got the PCR.

Ya I agree. The thin grips would probably make that double action reach much more comfortable for you. One of my shooting buddies has mediumish hands and he runs the rubber grips on the strong side and the thin alum grip on the off hand side of his shadow. It looks goofy but it gives him a positive comfortable grip and still allows him to get on the mag release without breaking his strong side grip.

I've never had a wardrobe malfunction with the thin alum grips on the pro tek. The only thing that bothered me at first was the grip tape part against my skin but I'm used to it now and don't even realize it anymore.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:30:27 »
Ya I agree. The thin grips would probably make that double action reach much more comfortable for you. One of my shooting buddies has mediumish hands and he runs the rubber grips on the strong side and the thin alum grip on the off hand side of his shadow. It looks goofy but it gives him a positive comfortable grip and still allows him to get on the mag release without breaking his strong side grip.

I've never had a wardrobe malfunction with the thin alum grips on the pro tek. The only thing that bothered me at first was the grip tape part against my skin but I'm used to it now and don't even realize it anymore.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation :) I must really save up for that alu-grip sometime! $90 for damn grips...

The half-half solution that your friend does is not a bad idea!!! Wow... never crossed my mind! Must definitely try this out when I buy the grips. It won't fix the wardrobe malfunction problem but might prove to be the ultimate grip.

Do you think the tape is essential to the aluminum grips?

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1119 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:44:48 »

Ah, thanks for the confirmation :) I must really save up for that alu-grip sometime! $90 for damn grips...

The half-half solution that your friend does is not a bad idea!!! Wow... never crossed my mind! Must definitely try this out when I buy the grips. It won't fix the wardrobe malfunction problem but might prove to be the ultimate grip.

Do you think the tape is essential to the aluminum grips?

I think without the grip tape the aluminum grips would be pretty slick, especially if your hands are sweaty or bloody or whatever. If I shot aluminum grips in competition mode I would probably load them up with tape. For carry purposes I think those two triangles are just enough to be practical and functional. Only other options would be the checkered grips. CZ-USA and the custom shop sell them along with the VZ diamondbacks. They offer pretty decent traction and some of them are really aggressive. The custom shop calls them "lemon graters"  :))

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1120 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 18:38:23 »
I got good and bad news today....

Good News: CZ custom emailed me back today saying my ACCU Shadow BLK would be done today and ship to out to me either today or Monday.. For those wondering about the backlog it was I ordered it on April 11th and got notification today.  :thumb:

Bad News: Our governor signed new laws which prevents us from getting "off CA DOJ roster" guns starting Jan 1st 2015.  :( This means I only have four months to get the guns I really want which are not on this stupid CA roster and limited to 4 max.

So in honor of this horrible news.. I have finally decided to pull the trigger and order a Wilson combat 1911 ( if I can find one in the specs I want).. anybody have any opinions about them or shot one before.

Leaning towards a CQB elite setup like this:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1121 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 21:46:25 »
Ive shot one Wilson Combat 1911, my buddies super grade (yes, that thing that costs as much as some used cars) ... it was amaze-balls

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 01:25:41 »
Ive shot one Wilson Combat 1911, my buddies super grade (yes, that thing that costs as much as some used cars) ... it was amaze-balls

Wow a supergrade would be nice but like you said , it's the cost of a used car hahahaahah

Thanks for the feedback .... Would love to shoot one before I buy but that can hard to do

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1123 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 15:52:28 »
Grats on the CZ, that'll be sweet  :D

I've never even held a Wilson, but I've heard plenty of good things about them. My dad owns a couple of Les Baers and when comparing them to Wilson 1911s that he's shot, he said it was more or less a toss up for him. His Les Baers are probably the most precisely refined & tuned guns I've ever got to handle, so if a Wilson can compare to that then I can only imagine that they're great.  :)

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1124 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 16:54:30 »
Grats on the CZ, that'll be sweet  :D

I've never even held a Wilson, but I've heard plenty of good things about them. My dad owns a couple of Les Baers and when comparing them to Wilson 1911s that he's shot, he said it was more or less a toss up for him. His Les Baers are probably the most precisely refined & tuned guns I've ever got to handle, so if a Wilson can compare to that then I can only imagine that they're great.  :)

Thanks for the feedback CS.... Selling my TRP Half Rail to fund this new purchase...

Farewell my friend.... :(

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1125 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 20:22:02 »
Some new goodies.....

Was finally able to break my Springfield RO 1911 9mm out of FFL jail:

Also was able to do a quick look at my CZ ACCU Shadow BLK, unfortunately I wont be able to get my hands on her until end of the month.

Also I'm going to be eating ramen probably for the rest of the year since my Wilson CQB and NightHawk Enforcer Recon should be here in the next month...  :p

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1126 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 20:25:07 »
ain't enuff standard glockpacity clipazine glocks here.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1127 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 20:55:38 »

Also was able to do a quick look at my CZ ACCU Shadow BLK, unfortunately I wont be able to get my hands on her until end of the month.

Show Image

Are those the 10 round mags with your accu shadow?

When I first got mine the feed lips were rough and sharp and gouging the hell out of the brass. The 11 lb recoil spring didn't have enough forward momentum to strip the Round and fully chamber it. They were getting hung up right at the top of the feed ramp. Once I polished the feed lips everything has been smooth sailing.

Mec-gars and the standard factory mags work perfect out of the box. May not happen to you but just something to look out for.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1128 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 21:08:57 »
Are those the 10 round mags with your accu shadow?

When I first got mine the feed lips were rough and sharp and gouging the hell out of the brass. The 11 lb recoil spring didn't have enough forward momentum to strip the Round and fully chamber it. They were getting hung up right at the top of the feed ramp. Once I polished the feed lips everything has been smooth sailing.

Mec-gars and the standard factory mags work perfect out of the box. May not happen to you but just something to look out for.

Thanks Atakp for the tip, I will keep that in mind when I take her out for the first time... the wait is killing me already since I dry fired her a couple of times and it felt great....

Also yes those are 10 rd mags since I am good ole California... at least CZ custom is nice enough to swap them out.

Also the new grips felt good since I had never held them before and really did like the stock rubber grips off my old SP01 but they felt fine with the limited time in hand.

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1129 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 23:18:48 »
I can't imagine having to wait all that time...especially after getting to fondle it. That's a cruel torture in my book.

Speaking of grips I switched out grips yet again on the accu and also the pro tek. The accu now has grips from a company called copper gun grips. The guy makes plastic grips that have the same shape as the stock rubber grips that I like, but gives them a stipple in a "lava rock" texture. They are a bit more thin than the rubber grips but they fit my hand great and the texture is awesome. I also switched out the slide stop to the lower profile Rami slide stop because my grip is so high, I want to ensure I don't accidentally bump it while firing.

The pro tek is now wearing VZ frag grips. They are smooth against your skin when carrying and don't grab clothing, but when gripping the gun normally they have some bite to them.

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 August 2014, 23:48:25 by Atakp »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 11:44:31 »
^^ thanks Atkap for the grip recommendations, I might have to try them out. I'm just not sure if I can run them in USPSA production ( not too familiar with the rules yet) but I bought the shadow so it would be production legal in hopes of using it in completion down the road. But I wouldn't mind picking them out just to try out though

Also I will look into that rami slide stop later on also... surpised to see these many accu shadows in a keyboard forum also.. hehehe

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 12:54:17 »
No worries about the grip panels. I can edit in the exact rule when I find it,  but it pretty much says any grip panel is approved provided they don't extend below the natural butt of the gun to form a makeshift mag well.

What they don't want in production is modification of the grip like on a Glock where some like to remove the finger grooves or the backstrap reduction on a gen 3. Under cuts on the trigger guard or beavertail is also a no go.

The rami slide stop is considered a minor external modification as long as the part is an official manufacturer part from another gun on the approved production list, which thankfully the rami is.

Technical stuff aside... Have at it if you find the regular grip panels don't have enough grip or don't quite do it for you.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 23:47:25 »
^^^ Thanks Atakp for the information... I do need to start doing more reading up on rules and regulation.

Hoping to be able to do more shooting after this year with ammo prices coming back down and I hope to get into reloading soon....

To add more to this thread, new Wilson Combat CQB at my FFL:

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #1133 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:36:34 »
Building AR15s is one of my other hobbies. Just some of my guns.
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1134 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 17:43:18 »
^^^ Thanks Atakp for the information... I do need to start doing more reading up on rules and regulation.

Hoping to be able to do more shooting after this year with ammo prices coming back down and I hope to get into reloading soon....

Show Image

Nice one! Let us know how it shoots.

I've got a basic RCBS single stage setup that I mainly use for bolt guns (which I hardly ever shoot anymore...). Reloading large volumes on that thing is just too slow in my experience. I really want a Dillon 550B so I can start loading a bunch of 5.56 and 9mm for 3 gun.

Offline D01

« Reply #1135 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 18:10:32 »
Quote from: Djuzuh;612011
Meh, another thing I want to get into ><
me too.

but getting a CC license in California is damn near impossible iirc.

Just depends on which county you live in.  In some its rather easy to get your ccw.  Which is bs btw, should be easy everywhere.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:25:19 »

Show Image

Nice one! Let us know how it shoots.

I've got a basic RCBS single stage setup that I mainly use for bolt guns (which I hardly ever shoot anymore...). Reloading large volumes on that thing is just too slow in my experience. I really want a Dillon 550B so I can start loading a bunch of 5.56 and 9mm for 3 gun.

I'll let you know how it shoots once I get it out....

I've been getting back into 1911's recently and especially custom 1911's .... unfortunately after end of this year getting custom 1911's will be harder to get due to laws in CA .... actually any "off roster" gun in California.

So I'm loading up on certain 1911's while I can... have a Nighthawk, 9mm Wilson combat in the que right now...

Also picked up a HK VP9 also to see what all the hype is around that pistol, dry fired it some and it was alright but not jesus like some people were saying... will take it shooting to make up my own mind.

Also I would love a Dillon 550 also but that is project for next year... been limiting calibers now to 9mm, .45 and 223/5.56 to make it easier to reload all my rifles and pistols

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1137 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 05:15:39 »
Was bored :P Pleb (compared to you guys) gun incoming.

More pics here:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1455926#msg1455926
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 05:44:50 by VesperSAINT »

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1138 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 03:30:49 »

Show Image

More pics here:

Nice .... that pics has 3 of my favorites... CZ, Click Clack and nice Realforce Keyboard.... winner pic there  :thumb:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1139 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:12:57 »

Show Image

More pics here:

That CZ never gets old, you guys are starting to make me want one!

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 22:57:55 »
Finally got her home last week... now I need some time to take her out to put some rounds through her....

Wilson Combat CQB

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:05:55 »
That Wilson looks pretty neat. It looks like a Tisas Zigana + 1911

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1142 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:08:11 »
Wow, pretty. I like the really subtle slide markings. Makes it look super clean.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1143 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:11:44 »
Wow, pretty. I like the really subtle slide markings. Makes it look super clean.

Thanks , I really wanted a slide with no marking from the factory except for the Wilson logo in the rear... Unfortunately I couldn't customize it exactly how I wanted it but this one came close to my vision of what I wanted without the 2 yr wait ... hahahahaha

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1144 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:24:41 »
It looks fantastic jpm. One of these days I have to add a 1911 or 2011 to my safe. I randomly found myself looking at the tactical supergrade earlier today for no apparent reason. Not even sure how I got there haha

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1145 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:33:12 »
It looks fantastic jpm. One of these days I have to add a 1911 or 2011 to my safe. I randomly found myself looking at the tactical supergrade earlier today for no apparent reason. Not even sure how I got there haha

I know what you mean ... I do want a tactical supergrade also but not sure if I can wait the 3-5 year waits I've been hearing.. hahahaha

Also the $2500 premium on top of a regular CQB ... I just ended up getting a 9mm Wilson CQB instead  :p

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1146 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:44:07 »
Ya the wait time and price would kill me. I'm already blowing my gun budget for the year... And I'm not even racing an end of the year deadline.

I've got a gun coming that should be here next Monday, expect some pics middle of next week

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:22:30 »
Ya the wait time and price would kill me. I'm already blowing my gun budget for the year... And I'm not even racing an end of the year deadline.

I've got a gun coming that should be here next Monday, expect some pics middle of next week

Nice ... Any hints on the gun?

Offline Atakp

« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:36:32 »
So a bit of a back story...

While I was busy buying up CZ custom guns a friend of mine sent his g17 to zev for a full treatment. Dragonfly cut slide, chameleon coated kkm barrel, ultimate fulcrum... The works. He's an hk fan but wanted something custom and unique. He's not into competition shooting at this point but we are competitive with each other when it comes to things like guns and shooting.

So for testing purposes and to add some fuel to the fire I called Salient. It is a pretty expensive Glock... But it's for science haha

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:40:36 »
So a bit of a back story...

While I was busy buying up CZ custom guns a friend of mine sent his g17 to zev for a full treatment. Dragonfly cut slide, chameleon coated kkm barrel, ultimate fulcrum... The works. He's an hk fan but wanted something custom and unique. He's not into competition shooting at this point but we are competitive with each other when it comes to things like guns and shooting.

So for testing purposes and to add some fuel to the fire I called Salient. It is a pretty expensive Glock... But it's for science haha

Oh man a salient ..... That's my next purchase after my 1911 mania dies down end of this year...

Mind me asking what specs you got? And the wait time? So impatient when it comes to that..