Author Topic: Post your LightSaver keyboard photos!  (Read 155974 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Post your LightSaver keyboard photos!
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 20:16:44 »
I believe you'd need to bead blast it to get a nice smooth finish.  I think Photeqk sand then bead blasted his Tek-80.

I just looked it up, damn the Tek-80 is gorgeous. According to the thread Photekq had it bead blasted. The finish looks great and seems like the best plan to fix the case. So the steps would be remove the current anodizing, sand blast, bead blast, then anodize. This sounds doable, looks like I've found my winter project.  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:49:45 »
mmmm....gmk dolch

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:47:58 »
maybe someone can answer this, i have a v2 on the way. is it possible to have the arrow cluster(up being the 1x to the right of short shift) with a plate? the pictures im seeing it doesn't look like the up and down would be alligned. could someone possible find/take a picture of the board in that spot?

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:49:50 »
maybe someone can answer this, i have a v2 on the way. is it possible to have the arrow cluster(up being the 1x to the right of short shift) with a plate? the pictures im seeing it doesn't look like the up and down would be alligned. could someone possible find/take a picture of the board in that spot?

The v2 plate supports a 1800 layout so you should be good.  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:53:08 »

More

is the picture that has me confused. doesn't look like down is far enough to the right and left looks too far away.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:55:12 by fknraiden »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:58:56 »

More
Show Image

is the picture that has me confused. doesn't look like down is far enough to the right and left looks too far away.

Wait, that isn't a lightsaver.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:01:02 »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:02:07 »

More
Show Image

There were two plates in the GB.  I think it was the newer plate that supported the 1800 layout.  Here's what my plate looks like:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:02:42 »
weird maybe v1?
http://duck0113.tistory.com/73

Oh, I only said that because of the tabs. I guess the acrylic case needs them. Yeah the v1 doesn't support 1800, but the v2 does.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:03:14 »

More
Show Image

There were two plates in the GB.  I think it was the newer plate that supported the 1800 layout.  Here's what my plate looks like:

Show Image

ah, thank you. hopefully the person i bought from has that plate.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:04:47 »
weird maybe v1?
http://duck0113.tistory.com/73

Oh, I only said that because of the tabs. I guess the acrylic case needs them. Yeah the v1 doesn't support 1800, but the v2 does.

Yeah, the v2 plates don't have the tabs/wings

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 01:10:21 »
I think it must only be the acrylic one because I have a v1 and it doesn't have tabs.

Offline bianco

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 08:02:38 »
i have v1 and v2, both doesn't have the tabs.
must be a custom plate for the acrylic case

sharing my current lightsaber v2

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 11:39:45 »

Show Image

Very nice, looks great with dolch.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:37:25 »

Show Image

Very nice, looks great with dolch.

yup. I think this one has the layout I was trying to get, but I gave up on lightsavering for now :p PCB so hard to get.
and it looks amazing with the dolch caps. very nicely done.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 18:48:30 »
maybe someone can help, i am at a complete loss for how to do anything on this v2. i've read all the info in broken english and nothing wants to work. i cant even turn on the leds.
im trying to make a new layout and when i try and save, it keeps saying run-time error 76 path not found.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:31:45 by fknraiden »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 20:06:10 »
maybe someone can help, i am at a complete loss for how to do anything on this v2. i've read all the info in broken english and nothing wants to work. i cant even turn on the leds.
im trying to make a new layout and when i try and save, it keeps saying run-time error 76 path not found.

Rename the file to something simple and it will work.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 21:50:42 »
so i just went to swap some switches and i found out that the seller lied and said it was a v2 when it infact is a v1. what should i do? i bought this so i could have the 1800 layout with the short right shift and a arrow cluster. this is beyond infuriating.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 22:58:04 »
Thanks for your sharing, ellton :thumb:

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 17:49:11 »
burnt out some smaller stuff while removing leds. could anyone help me find parts highlighted in the attached image? i think i have found the correct diodes marked in blue, but i'm trying to find the smaller brown/tan colored whatevers marked in the other colors. they look like the same thing but one stands taller than the other. please and thank you =P
92230-0
My understanding is i dont need the 470ohm resistors if im not doing leds and i'd only need them on the specific keys if i did want a capslock

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:38:48 »
ha, i was the last person to post here, weird.
Just got this all set up and working finally.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 08:53:18 »
I want one of these so bad it's not even funny. :'(

Offline seedvd

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 18:31:41 »
Finally, I got my new lightsaver v2 built after long time waiting for parts.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 00:42:23 »

Show Image

Looks great! I loathe the white legend keys [the enter could stay maybe] but the board looks great.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 00:42:45 »
double post

Offline seedvd

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 17:56:13 »

Show Image

Looks great! I loathe the white legend keys [the enter could stay maybe] but the board looks great.

Thanks.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:58:59 »
This thread is just 100% incredible.

Photoelectric, your post on Page 4 when you changed the LEDs made me feel sick that I don't have one of these.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 00:57:57 »
Aw, well hopefully there'll be another round of these some day.  They are very cool keyboards.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 17:08:30 »
It's about 85% there, but I like how its going. 

LSv1 (Ordered from Originative)
MX Clears
Clear Tops
White Stickered
SPRiT 62g - 78g Spacebar
Krytox Thick on switches, Lithium on stabs
SIP Sockets with white and UV LEDS ( UV are super dim, will probably go a different direction with color)
Purple SMD LEDs

No on told me how long it takes to lube and sticker a set of switches, ended up being a 3 days project, but most of my friends were out of town for the 4th and my girlfriend worked all weekend, so it was just me, a cue tip and a bottle of lube all weekend. ;)

Heres where I am at the moment, waiting on a keyset to come in, its unoriginal (DSA Dulch), but with the layout I want, and its hard to come by a key set with a 1u + and 0.  I am sure I will do a few different key sets in the life of this board. 

104689-0

Sorry I didn't take more pictures, I just have my phone so I did the best I could.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Was thinking about using my JTK purple set on it, but it doesn't have the 0 and + I need :/  And I also want to move the R/Shift around so I can use a short shift and a 1u in that slot.

One question for the custom keyboard veterans, any ideas why my R/Shift isn't working? I have checked polarity on the switch, reflowed the soldier joints, and reprogrammed both of the sockets in that spot and I still cannot get anything out of it.  The reactive LEDs work when it is pressed, but the keychecker in the keymapping software is showing nothing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 17:10:44 by Invaderevan »

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 19:41:41 »

MX Clears
Clear Tops
White Stickered
SPRiT 62g - 78g Spacebar
SIP Sockets with white and UV LEDS ( UV are super dim, will probably go a different direction with color)
Purple SMD LEDs

No on told me how long it takes to lube and sticker a set of switches, ended up being a 3 days project, but most of my friends were out of town for the 4th and my girlfriend worked all weekend, so it was just me, a cue tip and a bottle of lube all weekend. ;)

Heres where I am at the moment, waiting on a keyset to come in, its unoriginal (DSA Dulch), but with the layout I want, and its hard to come by a key set with a 1u + and 0.  I am sure I will do a few different key sets in the life of this board. 

(Attachment Link)

Sorry I didn't take more pictures, I just have my phone so I did the best I could.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Was thinking about using my JTK purple set on it, but it doesn't have the 0 and + I need :/  And I also want to move the R/Shift around so I can use a short shift and a 1u in that slot.

One question for the custom keyboard veterans, any ideas why my R/Shift isn't working? I have checked polarity on the switch, reflowed the soldier joints, and reprogrammed both of the sockets in that spot and I still cannot get anything out of it.  The reactive LEDs work when it is pressed, but the keychecker in the keymapping software is showing nothing.

Thanks!
believe it or not when I first saw these I wasn't that jazzed with them. I then Got a chance to type on one and play with it in person. I changed my mind mighty freaking quick. I loved the heft of it the layout everything 8) this is amazing man haha I am so happy for you. Good luck with your non registering key (I am sure you will figure it out 8) ) unfortunately I have never lubed more then A 60% but even then I was at it for hours. (It helps to have switch tools of some sort and a plate to use as a lubing station) it is worth it totally 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 20:55:08 »

MX Clears
Clear Tops
White Stickered
SPRiT 62g - 78g Spacebar
Purple SMD LEDs

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks!

This happened with my ~ key when I had a lightsaver.  I tried changing system language to korean, loaded up the lightsaver v1.9a hex file, and loaded up the 02D lightsaver hex file.  One of those or going back in a combination of these eventually got it to worked.  It only happened once but it took a couple of flashes to get it working.  Give it a try.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:17:44 »
This happened with my ~ key when I had a lightsaver.  I tried changing system language to korean, loaded up the lightsaver v1.9a hex file, and loaded up the 02D lightsaver hex file.  One of those or going back in a combination of these eventually got it to worked.  It only happened once but it took a couple of flashes to get it working.  Give it a try.

I think that is what fixed my issue, I desoldiered the R/Shift and resoldiered 2 switches in that spot, and it still didn't work, but when I brought up keymapper it was now showing that there was nothing assigned to those 2 keys, so I assigned them and now they work fine! Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:20:48 by Invaderevan »

Offline filphil

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 23:26:17 »

I think that is what fixed my issue, I desoldiered the R/Shift and resoldiered 2 switches in that spot, and it still didn't work, but when I brought up keymapper it was now showing that there was nothing assigned to those 2 keys, so I assigned them and now they work fine! Thanks!

Happy to help.

Now if I could find a black LSv2. :)

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 11:45:52 »
Here she is in all her glory, I like the DSA profile so far, and I am OK with Dulch, but I am looking to try an SA sculpted set here soonish.
105211-0

Offline radish

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:08:08 »
Hey guys ive made a post on keyboards, but seems like no one is biting so i figured i would also post here.. hopefully someone has a better idea. I've been playing around with the 02d tool and its got a ton of functionality and i think im starting to figure it out but im still a bit confused about how some things works.

my main issue is that i dont understnad why my num pad numbers dont work. 0. 123 456 789 dont get mapped correctly. the arrow keys dont stick as well.

everything else pretty much seems to be working accoringly.. but i have no way of telling because i cant get the command key to work properly.

i press the C/M key and type in LLB or LLN and hit enter. nothing happens. not sure if im doing it right but there is no instructions that would imply im not doing it right.

is anyone willing to share some insight?

i was doing some research and found these awesome sites...

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=370119
http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=dudgnl2&from=postList&categoryNo=15
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&prev=_dd&u=http%3A%2F%2Fduck0113.tistory.com%2F84

after trying various combinations of keys with the vague guidance of the ingrish translate from goodle.

i managed to get 02d installed and flip working to work but i was trying to get restore mode to work so i can see whats exactly mapped... (goes back to using the C/M key) but its very unclear as to what i need to do.

any how any help would be much appreciated. dont hesitate to PM me. and thanks in advance!

LZ CP

Offline filphil

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:59:05 »
Hey guys ive made a post on keyboards, but seems like no one is biting so i figured i would also post here.. hopefully someone has a better idea. I've been playing around with the 02d tool and its got a ton of functionality and i think im starting to figure it out but im still a bit confused about how some things works.

my main issue is that i dont understnad why my num pad numbers dont work. 0. 123 456 789 dont get mapped correctly. the arrow keys dont stick as well.

everything else pretty much seems to be working accoringly.. but i have no way of telling because i cant get the command key to work properly.

i press the C/M key and type in LLB or LLN and hit enter. nothing happens. not sure if im doing it right but there is no instructions that would imply im not doing it right.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&prev=_dd&u=http%3A%2F%2Fduck0113.tistory.com%2F84

after trying various combinations of keys with the vague guidance of the ingrish translate from goodle.

i managed to get 02d installed and flip working to work but i was trying to get restore mode to work so i can see whats exactly mapped... (goes back to using the C/M key) but its very unclear as to what i need to do.

any how any help would be much appreciated. dont hesitate to PM me. and thanks in advance!

Have you changed your system language to korean?  When my arrow mapping wouldn't stick I had to do that. 
Here she is in all her glory, I like the DSA profile so far, and I am OK with Dulch, but I am looking to try an SA sculpted set here soonish.
(Attachment Link)

I have an SA Retro keycap order that I posted in the group buy thread.  I specifically bought that set to use on my LSv1 when I had it so that's why there's a bunch of extra keys in the order.  The total is quite a bit but I would 100% say it's worth it for the lightsaver.   

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 21:12:26 »
I have an SA Retro keycap order that I posted in the group buy thread.  I specifically bought that set to use on my LSv1 when I had it so that's why there's a bunch of extra keys in the order.  The total is quite a bit but I would 100% say it's worth it for the lightsaver.

Yea, I considered it when the GB was on CtrlAlt, but I am not crazy about brown :/

Offline filphil

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 21:36:42 »

Yea, I considered it when the GB was on CtrlAlt, but I am not crazy about brown :/

I think it looks nice. =)

Lemme find a pic for you

Edit:
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2015, 22:08:17 by filphil »

Offline radish

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 22:53:35 »

Have you changed your system language to korean?  When my arrow mapping wouldn't stick I had to do that. 
(Attachment Link)

yes, i tried to change it to korean, it did work for the ekys. but i found that the num lock made was activated by default.

LZ CP

Offline filphil

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 23:11:13 »
Awesome. So everything is good?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 16:32:30 »
Bought this board last August and took it apart then never re built it. Now it's finally assembled but sadly it's been sold to a new owner.

110822-0

110824-1

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:23:23 »
Put GMK Red Alert on my Lightsaver V2

Before

After

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:33:14 »
Put GMK Red Alert on my Lightsaver V2

Before

Show Image

After

Show Image

Very beautiful dude  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 11:56:56 »
Someone has asked me regarding compatibility with Apple computers, and I actually have no idea as I only have Windows/Linux machines at home and can't test myself.  Anyone using a Lightsaver (or other recent Duck keyboards) on a Mac desktop/laptop and have any compatibility issues?  I'm guessing it should be okay.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:00:36 »
Someone has asked me regarding compatibility with Apple computers, and I actually have no idea as I only have Windows/Linux machines at home and can't test myself.  Anyone using a Lightsaver (or other recent Duck keyboards) on a Mac desktop/laptop and have any compatibility issues?  I'm guessing it should be okay.

Ill put a reminder to try tomorrow when I have my laptop with me at work.  Unless someone else answers sooner than that.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 19:37:16 »

Ill put a reminder to try tomorrow when I have my laptop with me at work.  Unless someone else answers sooner than that.

Thanks very much for the offer!  That would be great!  If you could check that the numpad and layers work fine on an OS-X machine, that would be very useful.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 10:33:37 »

Thanks very much for the offer!  That would be great!  If you could check that the numpad and layers work fine on an OS-X machine, that would be very useful.

My LSv1 was basicly plug-n-play, OSX opened up a wizard and asked me to press a few buttons and then identify the layout, I chose ANSI, and everything works fine. It reads the windows key as command.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:02:03 »
Excellent, thank you so much for testing the compatibility.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:05:08 »
Excellent, thank you so much for testing the compatibility.

Glad I could help :D

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 12:32:59 »
Glad I could help :D

I actually have another question, if you'll indulge me. On your Mac, can you turn the Num Lock on and off so that that former position types numbers and the latter has arrow keys at 2-4-6-8?