Author Topic: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!  (Read 151396 times)

Offline kekman

• quit life
Re: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!
« Reply #500 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 20:46:56 »
I didn't read any advice on how to take my Novatouch apart to add hyperpheres.  After dumping 1/2 the conical springs on patterned carpet, taking 5 attempts to get all the domes lined up properly, and reassembling the board, I found that none of the sliders lined up properly.  In addition, I also found that after removing the sliders the wrong way, a small amount of pressure will cause the slider to now pop out of place and require a disassembling of the board.

It's still sitting at work, rings on, with me not being able to get the $90 PMK Dye Sublimated DSAs I bought for it.  It will likely die there as I am not going to ask anybody to help me with that.

send it to me and ill make a grave for it  :thumb:

If I was smart, I would disassemble it and offer parts to people as they need them, it never hurts to have extra conical springs and domes, and I could certainly offer the hyperspheres to somebody or even try it again with a barebones Novatouch getting either helpful advice or actual help with the installation.

I'm sure it will sit there until I switch jobs, not to be completed due to a combination of stubbornness and ignorance  :-[

stems and domes are quite valuable if you can be bothered ripping the board apart again

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #501 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 00:58:50 »
I'm not sure what to value the stems/sliders and domes.  To add to the confusion, I'm not sure if I broke the sliders when getting them out to add the hyperspheres.  And I'm not interested in pushing deficient product.

I'm half tempted to just list the broken Noivatouch on an as-is basis at $75 + shipping with the understanding that I can't guarantee the condition of the sliders  Wouldn't be a bad deal as the hyperspheres are worth ~50 on their own.

Do people list broken boards like that?  If so, I'll post it in the classifieds when I'm permitted.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #502 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 01:13:48 »
idk but im sure there are many people willing to go for the offer, since novatouch is often bought as a donor board and as long as the parts are intact its a good deal

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #503 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 01:28:48 »
idk but im sure there are many people willing to go for the offer, since novatouch is often bought as a donor board and as long as the parts are intact its a good deal

QFE - as the parts would be present but maybe not "intact".  I just don't want to develop a rep as somebody that pushes shady product.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #504 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 22:45:10 »
just jumped on the topre bandwagon with the current massdrop offer, decided I should give it a go, wish me luck!

:p :p :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 05:19:37 »
just jumped on the topre bandwagon with the current massdrop offer, decided I should give it a go, wish me luck!

Good luck! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline alh84001

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 23:57:00 »
Some time ago I found a very yellowed clicky keyboard, and knew nothing else about it. Then it spent some ten years in the closet awaiting for me to restore it. Finally when moving I decided to give it a go, and knowing nothing about anything, took the keycaps off using knife or spoon as puller  :-[ It turns in the process I managed to break stabiliser wire hooks on a couple of keycaps so I just put everything aside. After a few months, during cleaning, I decided to throw the whole thing. Half a year later I discovered various keyboard communities where I could have gotten help and got it back to working state.  >:D

The board itself looked like a model M clone. Fast forward to today, and I got a yellowed Chicony with white Alps. It's the closest thing I found to that board, but I don't think it was it. Stabiliser mechanism is different on Chicony, and I think that the bottom side is different as well, although I am not sure.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 01:19:54 by alh84001 »

Offline Aran.E99

« Reply #507 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 18:42:31 »
for me it must have been over paying for a rusty, yes RUSTY dell at101w that was covered in food, literal chunks of food under the keycaps. to be precise, $50 or about £39. i did it because i lost about 5 dell at101w's in bidding and got so annoyed that instead of waiting, i bought it only to realize that if i simply typed at102 i would have found lots of cheaper ones from the UK with more appropriate english layouts  :blank: .

also once whilst in the process of assembling my homemade laser-cut mini keyboard, i soldered over the base plate resulting in melting acrylic splodges from where the soldering iron was 'spitting' (might make a post about it when i get the teensy installed)

in short, i now own a rusty dell and a melted acrylic plate :)

-Aran
SMK 2nd Gen Blue Alps mount <3

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 02:49:29 »
I accidentally dissolved a spacebar in EtOAc once xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 02:56:36 »
Why did you put the spacebar in EtOAc?Not a valid %s URL

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 03:44:08 »
Why did you put the spacebar in EtOAc?
I knocked the vial over and the spacebar was lying there and it dissolved half the top off it xD .

Offline UnFocused

« Reply #511 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 12:34:42 »
I used Model M boards exclusively from around 1997 to 2012. In my ignorant opinion, nothing else compared to the glory and majesty of buckling springs. That led to some very bad decisions such as...

Giving away a perfectly good SGI keyboard with Alps of some variety. I didn't know anything about Alps even though I had a Focus FK-2001 with blue Alps that I'd purchased in 1989.

Putting an Intertec Superbrain CP/M computer that someone had given me on the curb during a move. I never got around to figuring out what switches it had.

And the one I regret the most is putting a complete and working Wyse terminal on the curb during that same move. The keyboard had MX blacks that I thought felt like crap because they weren't "clicky" like my cherished Model M keyboards. Vintage MX blacks are now among my favorite switches along with BS and Topre and are what I used from a 1986 Wyse board to build my Phantom / TEX keyboard.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #512 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 13:02:35 »

What types of switches do you usually go for? I'm trying to figure out if we have common switch choices, and in that case I'd like to hear what you say about Topre.
I need to find a good Topre TKL board.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 13:14:53 »
I used Model M boards exclusively from around 1997 to 2012. In my ignorant opinion, nothing else compared to the glory and majesty of buckling springs. That led to some very bad decisions such as...

Giving away a perfectly good SGI keyboard with Alps of some variety. I didn't know anything about Alps even though I had a Focus FK-2001 with blue Alps that I'd purchased in 1989.

Putting an Intertec Superbrain CP/M computer that someone had given me on the curb during a move. I never got around to figuring out what switches it had.

And the one I regret the most is putting a complete and working Wyse terminal on the curb during that same move. The keyboard had MX blacks that I thought felt like crap because they weren't "clicky" like my cherished Model M keyboards. Vintage MX blacks are now among my favorite switches along with BS and Topre and are what I used from a 1986 Wyse board to build my Phantom / TEX keyboard.
this post made me cry

Offline UnFocused

« Reply #514 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 13:41:42 »
this post made me cry

I shed a tear when I look at the prices of dumb terminals on eBay and remember what I threw away. I'd very much like to have one now.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 10:23:58 »
i posted in the unpopular opinion around 6 months ago that i didn't like the layout of 60%..

and here i am now.. sitting with my hhkb and i'm ashamed to confess that i love it.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 10:42:09 »
this post made me cry

I shed a tear when I look at the prices of dumb terminals on eBay and remember what I threw away. I'd very much like to have one now.

mhm, I could have packed an F122 into a box back in 96'

Twenty years later and I'm still mentally kicking my 11-year-old self :confused:

Offline emdude

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 11:21:46 »
For the longest time, I thought Chyros' username was spelled Chryos. :-X
Current drivers: IBM Model M SSK

Offline ndakota79

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 12:52:37 »
I lubricated the stabilizers of my Pok3r with Carramba 70, wich I use for everything.
http://www.caramba.eu/produkte/caramba-70-mit-telleruebergreifendem-spruehkopf/#

It is fairly common in Germany.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 15:04:17 »
You're not the only one, I must've seen at least a dozen people spell it like that :p .

The actual pronunciation of it is completely different from what almost everyone here will be expecting, too :p .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 15:17:03 »
You're not the only one, I must've seen at least a dozen people spell it like that :p .

The actual pronunciation of it is completely different from what almost everyone here will be expecting, too :p .

So, give it up. I assumed that it was "KEE-ros" (that is the American "E" which is like the European "I")
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 15:41:04 »

So, give it up. I assumed that it was "KEE-ros" (that is the American "E" which is like the European "I")
That's close, I expect most people to pronounce it closer to KAI-ros. It's actually pronounced "KHEE-ros" with "kh" being a hard G, the R a hard R (sounds a bit like a snarl), and the O short (doesn't like like the "oh" in double oh seven, but like the O in "pot").

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 16:07:15 »

That's close, I expect most people to pronounce it closer to KAI-ros. It's actually pronounced "KHEE-ros" with "kh" being a hard G, the R a hard R (sounds a bit like a snarl), and the O short (doesn't like like the "oh" in double oh seven, but like the O in "pot").

About what I thought except for the "G" part. This is the Greek time god, isn't it?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 16:11:52 »

About what I thought except for the "G" part. This is the Greek time god, isn't it?
No, that's Chronos. The G is similar to, but harsher than the Ch in Chronos.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 16:28:04 »
By tonight.

I will own more mx boards than topre.

Who am I ;-;
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #525 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 17:17:42 »
By tonight.

Who am I ;-;

smh rip

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 17:22:07 »

But not as delicious as really good authentic gyros, is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_(food)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 17:37:49 »

But not as delicious as really good authentic gyros, is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_(food)
I don't know, I don't think I've ever tasted myself :p . Gyro, when authentic, is really good though :D .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:20:05 »
By tonight.

Who am I ;-;

I do not know who you are any more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #529 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 07:48:30 »
By tonight.

Who am I ;-;

Makes two of us rowdy ;-;

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #530 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 21:13:38 »
I like to troll people and say that topre is a glorified rubberdome just to grind peoples gears... Topre is the only keyboard I will use in public places and I absolutely love it.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #531 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 21:16:17 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:59:43 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #532 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:17:23 »
By tonight.

Who am I ;-;

Just as long as you don't swap your HHKB number plates for MX number plates!

Offline jenggo

« Reply #533 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:07:49 »
i break pcb board, once, with a hammer...
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline letsjigsrocks

• Don't you think its cute?
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:45:45 »
Scrambled my keycap arrangement in a not standard way so no in our house will ever use it. LOL.

VA87MR

Offline Screwdriver

« Reply #535 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:43:38 »
I do IT and up until a year ago I paid no attention to the keyboard underground. I used and liked dome keyboards and always went cheap. They worked really well for me, even for gaming. Last year I built a new gaming comp and went all out and discovered mechanical keyboards.

Anyhow about six months before that I was hired to move all the servers and desktops for an insurance agency. In their storage room were piles of IBM Model M's.....like 50+.....even NOS units in boxes.

I dropped them all off at an electronic waste recycling place.... ;D
Realforce 87U/55g, Deck Hassium Pro-MX Browns, MK Disco TKL - KBT Browns, Code 87-MX Clears, KUL-87 MX Reds.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #536 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 19:38:02 »
Since I've had my keywok or V2s, they have never been on a keyboard :'(

Offline emdude

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 19:49:03 »
I don't like pingy keyboards, nor do I care for linear switches. :rolleyes:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 19:58:27 »
I don't like pingy keyboards
Does anyone?

nor do I care for linear switches. :rolleyes:
Meh. Not a lot of people do after using zealios :))

Offline emdude

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:06:15 »
Does anyone?

Well, a lot of people like the pinginess of IBM Model F keyboards.. Not me though.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 12:28:21 »
I went from disliking clicky switches to absolutely loving them and I don't think I can ever use a non-tactile switch again. It's just so satisfying. HNNNG.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 13:09:20 »
By tonight.

Who am I ;-;

Just as long as you don't swap your HHKB number plates for MX number plates!

Ew never.

I've used my mx board more than my hhkb since I got it >.>

Offline E3E

« Reply #542 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 13:32:08 »
I went from disliking clicky switches to absolutely loving them and I don't think I can ever use a non-tactile switch again. It's just so satisfying. HNNNG.

At least when it comes to Alps, I like all three switch type varieties. Linear is probably my favorite on average and it's what I started with, but the other types keep it interesting. 

Alps SKCL Green, SKCL Brown  :thumb: Blue Alps are always nice though.

For Cherry MX, vintage MX black is my favorite, hands down.

Offline thebeae

« Reply #543 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 15:10:40 »
Does anyone?

Well, a lot of people like the pinginess of IBM Model F keyboards.. Not me though.

I LOVE the Model F ping so satisfying...but its also why I cant use it at work :(

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #544 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 15:23:07 »
Does anyone?

I LOVE the Model F ping so satisfying...but its also why I cant use it at work :(

The sound of the spacebar on a colossal Model F -- yum :p

Offline emdude

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 20:35:20 »
Having had at least a dozen Model Ms pass through my hands, the first one I got still feels and sounds the best of them all (despite missing a number of rivets as well).  It is also the board I am using right now. :p

At least when it comes to Alps, I like all three switch type varieties. Linear is probably my favorite on average and it's what I started with, but the other types keep it interesting. 

Alps SKCL Green, SKCL Brown  :thumb: Blue Alps are always nice though.

For Cherry MX, vintage MX black is my favorite, hands down.

I'll admit, I still would like to try SKCL Greens at some point, not in any hurry though.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #546 on: Wed, 27 July 2016, 21:28:27 »
Alright, up till this point I've claimed that I started on a Commodore 64 with a Model F 122 keyboard (fuzzy wuzzy memories - considering the keyboard of the 64 is the CPU..).

Looks like it was actually a Commodore PC10-II dual 5.25 floppy business computer. For sure dual, one disc was MS-DOS while the other was whatever game I wanted to play. Probably a stock keyboard for that model - I don't see how a 122 terminal could connect up to the PC10-II unless there is an adapter that I'm just not aware of. Mega Man 1 was agonizingly slow on that computer so I'm willing to bet it wasn't the PC40-III. Jesus, there are a lot of Commodore computer models floating around out there. The PC10 line totally makes more sense considering that my mom was learning COBOL in college during the time they bought the new PC.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 12:32:17 »
Thread resurrection…

The primary reason why I use my Phantom is that it was my second most expensive keyboard and I can't realistically expect to get my money back. If I don't use it, it'll just collect dust in the closet. It's sunk cost fallacy, really.

Meanwhile, heaps of vintage keyboards *are* collecting dust in the hallway, and my ergo build needs a new cable that I haven't been bothered to order for many moons now.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 07:52:39 »
I hate almost all recent GMK sets, actually, most new keysets

Missed the good old days where the colorschemes were boring and manly, with a multitude of extra kits to choose from

Massdrop and the one-size fits all culture ruined it for me, and the absurd colorschemes doesn't help

I hate the "Code"/Diamond keycaps, miss the 1.25 Blanks they used to include with keysets
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #549 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 00:09:35 »
I use an old shaving-cream brush to dust off my keyboards

My current daily driver looks ugly as sin because I'm using a set of Cherry Pom alphas with white Leopold PBT (feels good man)
(Can we get a set of POM DSA please?)

I leave my beater-board in the community office and regularly shake the random food crumbs out of it into the boss's locker (he's the one that gets it so crumby in the first place!)

I don't care if my keys shine because it feels sooooo goooood

I've been binge buying 75% kits in search of my end-game MMO board (closer/aligned F-row, ISO left-shift, and split/mini spacebar; MOAR KEYS FOR MOAR POWAH!!)

I've been scouting PMK for WA DSA keys of various size to get full compatibility for the original DSA Skull Squadron set (still need some 2.75/2.25/1.75)