Author Topic: Hello world, me llamo Alex  (Read 4018 times)

Offline MassdropAlex

Hello world, me llamo Alex
« on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:05:35 »
Hello there!

I'm Alex and I work with Massdrop. For those of you that don't know us, we help organize group buys and use the power of the community to make cool things happen. Interacting with you guys off of MD has been missing for awhile, and we think it's long overdue. On the business side, we'll get a vendor subforum up so you can help us tweak and design the cool stuff that lands in our office, but needs some TLC(ie HHKB metal case). When people like Topre approach us to do something great we'll start the thread there to get feedback. Basically exactly how things have been done in the past, but in a different spot and I'll actually be responding. Other than that I'll just be floating around checking things out like I normally do, but with actual responses once in awhile.

On the personal side, I've been a long time lurker and have been using mech keys since I was a wee lad. My first computer was an old IBM when I was 3 and that of course came with the wonderful Model M, which has outlasted the 5 or 6 computers it's been paired with since. Some of my early memories also include banging away on an old IBM Selectric II just because I loved the super satisfying thack as it would smash letters on the page. Since then I've gotten to play with a whole lot of keyboards and have collected more than a couple.

On my home desk I typically have the ol' M, a Das 3 Pro with browns, a RK 930 capacitive RGB with the Miami keyset, a Pure Pro in browns with a half finished and sad looking purple/green combo, and my Infinity 60% with Gateron blues in the Datamancer oak case with some weird Pulse-esque set on it that I really like. The Infinity I tend to throw in my bag in case I need to work somewhere while waiting for parking to free up at BART, because if you live in the Bay you know the nightmare that is BART parking. At the office I have access to far too many to list, but my daily drivers are the Leopold FC660C in white(which is perfect just the way it is), the Infinity Ergodox in Gateron clears with Granite(because cliche), a Pok3r with clears in the blue Tex case that you might have seen pop in photos once in awhile, and of course the recent WhiteFox with Input Club PCB. The WhiteFox is rocking Gateron blues, but I'd like to get me some Zealios to swap with some day. For those of you that hopped in, you'll be pleased to know that the WhiteFox is delightful to type upon.

Anywho, it's a pleasure to meet you guys and I hope we can build some cool things together :)

Cheers,
Alex

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Hello world, me llamo Alex
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:08:13 »
Hey Alex, welcome to GH! Nice collection you have there.

What's your favorite switch type to type on, and why is it Topre?  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:13:26 by dgneo »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:14:07 »
Get ready for some massdrop hate...

Seriously though, are you here as some sort of liaison for MD, or do you just happen to work for them?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:15:36 »
Hey Alex, welcome to GH! Nice collection you have there.

What's your favorite switch type to type on, and why is it Topre?  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm all about that thock  ;) 

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:18:17 »

Seriously though, are you here as some sort of liaison for MD, or do you just happen to work for them?

Prepared. And a little bit of both? It's for MD, but I also already crawl around and read most of this as part of my morning routine.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:19:44 »
And a little bit of both? It's for MD, but I also already crawl around and read most of this as part of my morning routine.

Interesting... I think I like the idea that MD is possible interested in the feedback of actual keyboard communities besides reddit.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:25:54 »
Welcome! i'm new here too! Ich bin Kevin und ich liebe Eis.
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:32:54 »
Welcome! i'm new here too! Ich bin Kevin und ich liebe Eis.

Guten Abend :)

ps. that's about it for my Deutsch

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:37:32 »
Ich bin Kevin und ich liebe Eis.

Nice one
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline BrewCaps

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:28:49 »
I love you, even though you constantly kick my ass in Rocket League  :-*
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 20:29:38 »

definitely works for them. I worked a lot with him on the Jukebox drox. Really easy to work with.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 22:17:14 »
Hola Alex, yo no me llamo Alex
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:04:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

This is fantastic!  Massdrop have a lot of keyboard stuff, and people are always asking about why this, or can you do that, or what went wrong with something else (e.g. HHKB case :)) ), so having some way of getting direct feedback to you guys will be great!

Also the fountain pens - we have a thread for that too, so you can probably get some feedback there as well.

I won't list everything I've bought from MD, but I will say that I joined MD for the Triumph Adler keyset, and it currently lives on my KeyCool on my second PC at home, so thanks guys :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:20:05 »
You must be loggeg in to Deskthority to see this award

I don't think I've ever seen you make anything other than a snarky comment on this forum.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Ternpike

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 13:39:55 »
I love you, even though you constantly kick my ass in Rocket League  :-*

Any time baby. Also, play more rocket league  :-*

Offline Ternpike

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 14:02:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

This is fantastic!  Massdrop have a lot of keyboard stuff, and people are always asking about why this, or can you do that, or what went wrong with something else (e.g. HHKB case :)) ), so having some way of getting direct feedback to you guys will be great!

Also the fountain pens - we have a thread for that too, so you can probably get some feedback there as well.

I won't list everything I've bought from MD, but I will say that I joined MD for the Triumph Adler keyset, and it currently lives on my KeyCool on my second PC at home, so thanks guys :)

Niiiice. I have the Pilot Stargazer in red myself and love it. I'm waiting for a classic Cherry to show up so I can finally put the TA on something. Glad yours is working out!

Offline Ternpike

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 14:03:03 »
Hola Alex, yo no me llamo Alex

Howdy!

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 17:07:02 »
Whoops. Forgot to switch from other account. Well, now you guys can find me on Steam if you want to play something.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:56:03 »
YEAH, ALEX!!!

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 11:58:45 »
HIHI,

Glad to see MD reaching out more into the GH community. This should get interesting.

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 23:55:14 »
Hey Alex, welcome to the board, cool to see a MD person talking with everyone.
https://www.instagram.com/el_soupo/
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

k70 - MX browns - RGB led - clear caps
poseidon zx - Kahil blues - Blue led - stock caps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 04:11:43 »
Multiple accounts ... mumble ... terms of service ... mumble :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 19:51:43 »
Multiple accounts ... mumble ... terms of service ... mumble :p

Shhhh

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 19:53:15 »
Bienvenido a GeekHack.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 21:38:45 »
Whoops. Forgot to switch from other account. Well, now you guys can find me on Steam if you want to play something.

Haha, well played  :))

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 21:42:00 »
Hi Alex! welcome to wallethack :)

<3 <3 hope you enjoy being here

ps: We gonna intoxicate you to the point you gonna beg CC to make a drop and balance the after market price
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo