Author Topic: Hello Clackers  (Read 1574 times)

Offline r00tbox

Hello Clackers
« on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 06:09:38 »
Hi,

i'm r00tbox (27, male) from Germany and i love Mechs at work i'm the weird keyboard Guy, but i guess you also know that :-D

I currently own only Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Brown (prevously Pok3r with Clears and Novatouch) and i do a detachable USB Calble as soon as the parts arrive.

Also i'm building a Atreus and an a Planck as soon as the parts arrive and didn't decided know which switches i will use (Mathis Quiet Click  (Linear for Mods), MX Clears (Gateron Blacks for Mods), Gateron Blue (Gateron Blacks for Mods), Zealios Purple 65g, also the Blacks for Mods)

Maybe there i try an ergodox later but i'm a soldering newbie and i want to try easier boards before.

Cheers.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Hello Clackers
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:55:06 »
Are you r00tw0rm's relative?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline r00tbox

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 10:57:15 »
Are you r00tw0rm's relative?

No, i'm not ;-)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 13:59:24 »
damn, almost cracked the case
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 04:11:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I though of r00tw0rm when I first saw your username :))

I'm the weird keyboard guy at my work too!  I'm happy in my insanity :D

Have a look at the soldering thread - lots of tips and tricks there.  Also if you can find some old broken electronic device, an old DVD player or stereo or computer motherboard, you can practice desoldering components and soldering them back on.  It won't matter if you break anything (the board would be broken before you start), and after a few components you should begin to feel soldering getting easier.  Then maybe move up to a simple soldering kit or two from your local electronics store.  After that building a keyboard should be simple :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline r00tbox

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:17:10 »
Also if you can find some old broken electronic device, an old DVD player or stereo or computer motherboard, you can practice desoldering components and soldering them back on.  It won't matter if you break anything (the board would be broken before you start), and after a few components you should begin to feel soldering getting easier.  Then maybe move up to a simple soldering kit or two from your local electronics store.  After that building a keyboard should be simple :)

The funny thing is that i have an old DVD Player at my desk and it's not worth selling :-D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:28:33 »
Also if you can find some old broken electronic device, an old DVD player or stereo or computer motherboard, you can practice desoldering components and soldering them back on.  It won't matter if you break anything (the board would be broken before you start), and after a few components you should begin to feel soldering getting easier.  Then maybe move up to a simple soldering kit or two from your local electronics store.  After that building a keyboard should be simple :)

The funny thing is that i have an old DVD Player at my desk and it's not worth selling :-D

:thumb:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ