Author Topic: [GB] Modern Beige  (Read 171044 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Re: [GB] Modern Beige
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 05:22:57 »
Guys, noob here. I saw there are some which is not out of stock at the originative website, is that actually available to purchase? Or i should wait until the next mb gb?

Everything that is not marked as sold out is currently available.

Offline Makami

« Reply #351 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 08:54:43 »
Hello guys,

i'm so pleased with those caps, a little teaser, more pictures to come.

154841-0

Have a nice day

Offline poolside

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 14:24:38 »
got my package today :)

potato

Show Image

the 6u spacebar is killer i really like it  :-*

Colorful!  :)

Offline Saiph

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 23:13:42 »
Finally got a board to put them on. I'm pretty amazed at how crisp the legends look. I had their previous classic black set and though I thought those were good, these are really a huge improvement.
154925-0

Offline SYRE

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 13:24:32 »
Sorry about our late responses. Lots of shipping and work behind the scenes getting done.

Regarding these sets, it seems like the company missed 10 blue legend and 6 black and black japanese sets. They are en route to us. Other than these, all other orders should have been shipped unless you ordered them with another item that is a pre-order.

And apparently the blank sets didn't show up either? That's what you guys said to me in an email a few minutes ago. So now I have to wait another month on top of the already 2,5 month delay?

Offline keepitrealjacks

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 09:37:11 »
Sorry about our late responses. Lots of shipping and work behind the scenes getting done.

Regarding these sets, it seems like the company missed 10 blue legend and 6 black and black japanese sets. They are en route to us. Other than these, all other orders should have been shipped unless you ordered them with another item that is a pre-order.

And apparently the blank sets didn't show up either? That's what you guys said to me in an email a few minutes ago. So now I have to wait another month on top of the already 2,5 month delay?

I'm in the same boat.

Not that I'm in a real rush to get my set, but I think the communication definitely could've been a bit better regarding this GB. Delays may happen out of Originative's control, but I expect to be kept updated more frequently and accurately than some of the updates we received. There's only so many times one can hear, "It should be sent out to you next week!" before it starts getting old. And not knowing an accurate inventory of what sets have been received and sent or not been sent out? That's not good.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 10:33:34 »
Well, I  guess I'll just share my pictures here. The dyesubbing job is okay, a bit below EnjoyPBT with not as sharp edges as well as a few slight alignment problems, but nothing insanely bad. BUT there is one thing that is unacceptable imho and I hope this will improve in the next round. It is warped keys, maybe I was just unlucky, but all my stabilized keys are too warped to be usable (I'll do the hairdryer fix later though). Now, without further ado I present you: Very noisy photographs taken with a smartphone in a badly lit environment of the Japanese Purple-Cyan set with Skeletor mods:

More

Offline Saiph

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 10:46:20 »
Well, I  guess I'll just share my pictures here. The dyesubbing job is okay, a bit below EnjoyPBT with not as sharp edges as well as a few slight alignment problems, but nothing insanely bad. BUT there is one thing that is unacceptable imho and I hope this will improve in the next round. It is warped keys, maybe I was just unlucky, but all my stabilized keys are too warped to be usable (I'll do the hairdryer fix later though). Now, without further ado I present you: Very noisy photographs taken with a smartphone in a badly lit environment of the Japanese Purple-Cyan set with Skeletor mods:
Nice pics! The skeletor mods work really well with that set. I think you were probably somewhat unlucky with the stabilized key. Only one of my spacebars was warped(I think the 7u one?) I assumed that the keycaps themselves were still produced by Gateron and only dyesubbed by MOD but I guess I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 December 2016, 10:49:23 by Saiph »

Offline sundin

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 13:41:05 »
Finally!

Thank you so much! :)

Offline johntron25

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 13:52:59 »
Thanks Sheraton & Wendy!

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 14:02:09 »

The blanks did not show up. I'm in contacts with the dye-subber to ask Gateron about the blanks.

I'm in the same boat.

Not that I'm in a real rush to get my set, but I think the communication definitely could've been a bit better regarding this GB. Delays may happen out of Originative's control, but I expect to be kept updated more frequently and accurately than some of the updates we received. There's only so many times one can hear, "It should be sent out to you next week!" before it starts getting old. And not knowing an accurate inventory of what sets have been received and sent or not been sent out? That's not good.

I try to be as honest as possible regarding the timeline. The information that I give is actually provided to me. I don't have any control until the products arrive in my hands. I can crank up the shipping to the group buyers, but I don't have much power before that. Please understand that this is a group buy and delays are always bound to happen.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 14:02:54 »

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. The mods works well with that keyset. Looking great!

Offline SYRE

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 14:09:39 »

The blanks did not show up. I'm in contacts with the dye-subber to ask Gateron about the blanks.

I'm in the same boat.

I try to be as honest as possible regarding the timeline. The information that I give is actually provided to me. I don't have any control until the products arrive in my hands. I can crank up the shipping to the group buyers, but I don't have much power before that. Please understand that this is a group buy and delays are always bound to happen.

I totally get that. But every time someone in this thread asks it's taking 2-7 days before he/she gets an answer. This thread isn't exactly 200 pages long and the questions aren't That many. I just think that the overall communication could be alot better.

I talked to Wendy via email and she "thinks" the blank sets are on their way. I just think that you guys should ship the non-blank sets out first and the blank ones once you get them.

Offline poolside

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 13:15:07 »
Modern Beige on originativeco.com has a picture of a cyan/pink Cyrillic set in lieu of the JP purple/cyan. Certainly a mistake, but has this Cyrillic color option really been considered in the IC?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 13:22:33 »
Modern Beige on originativeco.com has a picture of a cyan/pink Cyrillic set in lieu of the JP purple/cyan. Certainly a mistake, but has this Cyrillic color option really been considered in the IC?

Not a mistake. We also have a Japanese Cyan/Pink.

Offline poolside

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 13:42:57 »

Ok, so JP cyan/pink and the picture is off but just for color reference. Tempting... I don't remember seeing it when I ordered my JP purple/cyan set though.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 16:37:41 »

Ok, so JP cyan/pink and the picture is off but just for color reference. Tempting... I don't remember seeing it when I ordered my JP purple/cyan set though.

We were able to work with the dye-subber to get down the MOQ for Cyrillic because another person wanted it as well, so we split the MOQ :)

It's new!

Offline poolside

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 17:29:31 »

We were able to work with the dye-subber to get down the MOQ for Cyrillic because another person wanted it as well, so we split the MOQ :)

It's new!

Great, two new options! How does one order Cyrillic cyan/pink or JP cyan/pink then? The drop-down list only has "Japanese (Cyan and Magenta)" with a picture of Cyrillic cyan/pink.

Offline person

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 20:22:28 »

it's not just you. i received my set today (also japanese purple-cyan), and many of the mods are noticeably warped. my spacebars are all fine though.

Offline Applet

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 03:13:31 »
I got my set a few days ago, have not really had time to use it much. I must have been lucky, almost no warping in my set.

EDIT: I put them on another board, seems I'll have to fix my 7u space, left shift and enter key, the keys can stick a bit on my other board when pressing lightly (never been an issue before with GMK)
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 09:16:16 by Applet »

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #370 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 13:52:33 »
Add me to the dissapointed list :'( Lots of warping on my keys (especially shift/enter keys) and I had to pay about $40 in customs to get my caps :(

Offline Cotay

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 15:13:22 »
Add me to the dissapointed list :'( Lots of warping on my keys (especially shift/enter keys) and I had to pay about $40 in customs to get my caps :(

I've got quite a bit of warping too on the mods and 6.25u spacebar...interestingly the 7u and 6u spacebars are perfect. Hopefully the hair dryer trick will work.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 17:09:18 »

I've got quite a bit of warping too on the mods and 6.25u spacebar...interestingly the 7u and 6u spacebars are perfect. Hopefully the hair dryer trick will work.

Man.  This is surprising to me.  I have 3 sets of EnjoyPBT/Gateron PBT sets, and I've had some slight warping on the 6.25 and 7 spacebars, but rest of the keys have been perfect.  The spacebars weren't even warped enough to keep them from mounting and functioning properly(I'm typing one one now).  If I put the spacebar on my desk, and press on one side, the other side would be ~ 1/16th off the surface. 

I hope y'all get some reasonably speedy resolution...

Offline johntron25

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:32:47 »

it's not just you. i received my set today (also japanese purple-cyan), and many of the mods are noticeably warped. my spacebars are all fine though.

My spacebar is warped also, can you explain the hairdryer fix?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:45:42 »

My spacebar is warped also, can you explain the hairdryer fix?
I believe what you do is put some heavy objects on the spacebar, and heat it with the hairdryer. When it gets hot enough the weight of the objects should be able to bend it straight, and it'll stay that way after it cools. i haven't tried it though so maybe someone can elaborate.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 20:31:18 »
Something interesting I just noticed. My 1.25u Control keys have different sized fonts with the bottom Control being smaller:

Here is a picture of the overall set:

Overall, there seems to be some significant differences in the boldness and size of the font printing on some of the mods.

I also realized that my 6.25u spacebar is not only warped on the vertical axis, it is warped in the horizontal.  I tried it on a board and it won't stay connected to the stabs...I don't think this one is fixable at all.  My shift keys also won't stay on the stabs due to the warping. Very disappointed.

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 December 2016, 20:59:47 by Cotay »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 02:25:51 »
So far I've been lucky. But I have only properly looked at my Jap Purple/Cyan set. It has a slightly warped space. Not enough to bother me or as serious as yours.

Sigh.... Guess I have to properly examine my other 3 sets.

The issues described above are not ok. Even though I am not directly affected (that I know so far) I will most likely not join future GBs from Originative with keys from that manufacturer and/or that dye-subber.

That font issue on the Control key is just plain wrong.

Edit:
Just to clarify. I am happy with my set(s) so far (unless I discover something major). It is just so discouraging to see those reported issues for a future GB. Paying a lot of money for the sets including custom fees makes me feel it is not worth the risk.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 02:39:14 by ctrlX »

Offline Luneth

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 14:28:37 »
Does anyone here have a 2.25 shift with black dye-sub they would be willing to sell or trade? I need a second one for my FC660, and these legends don't match anything else. :(

Offline Cotay

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:03:21 »
So far I've been lucky. But I have only properly looked at my Jap Purple/Cyan set. It has a slightly warped space. Not enough to bother me or as serious as yours.

Sigh.... Guess I have to properly examine my other 3 sets.

The issues described above are not ok. Even though I am not directly affected (that I know so far) I will most likely not join future GBs from Originative with keys from that manufacturer and/or that dye-subber.

That font issue on the Control key is just plain wrong.

Edit:
Just to clarify. I am happy with my set(s) so far (unless I discover something major). It is just so discouraging to see those reported issues for a future GB. Paying a lot of money for the sets including custom fees makes me feel it is not worth the risk.

I'm a little frustrated with Originative right now. I'm being told that they will need to source replacement caps from the manufacturer, despite the fact that they have sets available in Japanese Red/Black in stock. In the meantime, I'm supposed to just throw the unusable set to the side and wait an indeterminable amount of time to receive replacements.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but if I receive a defective item and the seller has replacements in stock, then I should be able to exchange for a good working item.

I've ordered six full GMK sets and the Modern Beige in the past two months from Originative and up until now I have been very happy. I hope this can be cleared up amicably.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 19:52:42 »
Something interesting I just noticed. My 1.25u Control keys have different sized fonts with the bottom Control being smaller:

Show Image

Here is a picture of the overall set:

Show Image

Overall, there seems to be some significant differences in the boldness and size of the font printing on some of the mods.

I also realized that my 6.25u spacebar is not only warped on the vertical axis, it is warped in the horizontal.  I tried it on a board and it won't stay connected to the stabs...I don't think this one is fixable at all.  My shift keys also won't stay on the stabs due to the warping. Very disappointed.

Show Image

Unfortuntely, warping is common in dye subbed PBT keys, but I cannot understand why the space bar is also warped.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 17:34:22 »

Unfortuntely, warping is common in dye subbed PBT keys, but I cannot understand why the space bar is also warped.

I agree that it is to be expected to some degree. However, the Enter, 2.25u Shift, 2.75 Shift, and 6.25u Spacebar are unusable for this, especially with Costar stabs.

I haven't received a response from Originative on my follow up email yesterday. I assume the holidays are the culprit. It really stinks that I cannot use this set.

Offline keepitrealjacks

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 14:48:48 »
It's been another month. What's the status on the sets that weren't sent the first time?

Offline SYRE

« Reply #382 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 21:37:38 »
It's been another month. What's the status on the sets that weren't sent the first time?

Aaaaand another week on that. What's happening sherryton?

Offline joey

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 06:22:04 »
Got my set today! I'm at work so haven't had a chance to actually open it yet :blank:

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 13:49:59 »

Hey guys, so I am not sure if you heard about the news about the shipping agent shipping the wrong package for our TADA to Amazon Warehouse in Phoenix, AZ. We are currently swapping agents at the time. Once she receives the package, they will be sent to us right away. I can then finish to proceed this group buy.

Offline SYRE

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 01:07:56 »

Hey guys, so I am not sure if you heard about the news about the shipping agent shipping the wrong package for our TADA to Amazon Warehouse in Phoenix, AZ. We are currently swapping agents at the time. Once she receives the package, they will be sent to us right away. I can then finish to proceed this group buy.

I read pretty much everything on mechanical keyboards online and havent seen anything about this. How about just keeping us updated in the thread actually created for the GB instead of letting us guess? Just a little tip..

I know I sound very angry/grumpy about this. I know things can happen and don't go as planned. But I think it's pretty easy for you guys to just keep us updated here in the thread or via email..

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 10:18:58 »
Hello Sherryton,

Any chance for a classic black set and a black/red japanese legend set ?
The website says that it's out of stock.

If not, will there be a round 2 ?

Thx

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #387 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 13:37:48 »
Hello Sherryton,

Any chance for a classic black set and a black/red japanese legend set ?
The website says that it's out of stock.

If not, will there be a round 2 ?

Thx

Are you talking about classic beige with black legends? The black/red should be coming in.

The classic beige will not be restocked this time around unfortunately. They just sold out this week :(

Offline Yuuki

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 03:39:49 »
Thx Sherryton.

Will it be on the website ? Or do I need to order it directly from you here ?
Because it's still out of sale for the black / red japanese on the website

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:42:01 »
It'll be on the web-site when it is available :)