Author Topic: HELP WITH PICKING OUT A KEYBOARD  (Read 1715 times)

Offline ChowserJr

HELP WITH PICKING OUT A KEYBOARD
« on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 00:23:47 »
so i want to get a new keyboard that is just above 100 dollars and has blue mechanical switches plz help! thnx

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
Re: HELP WITH PICKING OUT A KEYBOARD
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 02:43:02 »
Anything else like form factor or backlighting?

Offline dilbertprogrammer

• Keyboard Connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 17:11:50 »
If you would like a TKL, I highly recommend the KUL ES-87.  Built like a tank and outstanding customer service from both EK and KUL.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 19:20:56 »
10  people will give you 10 different opinions.  Go the mech keyboard site and they have a search engine where you can pick and choose things like form factor, switch, price, and it will list all the ones that meet your criteria.  *Most boards over $100 should be fairly good quality.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 10:31:29 »
Around $100 and with blues is pretty broad. I'd say get a used Ducky or Filco in that range.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 18:39:29 »
Yes, this is true, not specific.  Best to read some reviews.  Impossible to try them all.  I've only tried KBP and Vortex, I'm buying a Leopold but would love to try Ducky.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.