Author Topic: [GB] GMK >Terminal_ Shipping Date Verified - Early June Ship to buyers  (Read 74822 times)

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
Update 6/13/2017

GMK >Terminal_ is 92.3% shipped!

Thank you to everyone who supported our first GB!

Remember, if you have issues with your order you can contact us Orders@TheKey.Company If you contact us here (GeekHack) I cannot promise a prompt response.

Album of the excitement here

Update 6/2/2017

View full details here

TL;DR Delayed roughly a week due to delays in sorting at GMK. Accessories in hand, ready to ship hopefully by next weekend.

169880-0169882-1

Update 5/15/2017

View full details here

If you need an address change the cut-off date to do so is June 1. Presale price will be available until June 1 or until sold out.

Thank you all for your patience! Confirmed we will have a tracking number for shipment from Germany to our shipping HQ by weeks end. If anything changes we will post an update. Expect an update once the shipment has been delivered to us, as well. Expected to have shipments out by June 5, 2017.

168476-2
168478-3
168480-4
168482-5

Update 3/4/2017

View the Blog Post here. We have some other fun announcements on the blog as well!

162050-6

Update 2/3/2017
159504-7159506-8
The countdown has begun. Less than 2 days left to jump in on GMK Terminal. Thanks to everyone who has participated in the buy so far - with so many great keysets out there and many upcoming, we're grateful you included >Terminal_ in your arsenal.

As Terminal's GB phase winds down, we want to begin by apologizing one more time to those who were stoked about the International Essentials Kit. Refunds that have been requested have been processed, and we thank you again for the support!

On to the good stuff. Today we are excited to release the first images of Binge's >Terminal_ artisan giveaways! To remind everyone, every 17th order (and the inaugural order!) of the first 200 base sets will find an amazing surprise artisan from Binge in their shipment! Besides crossing your fingers, you don't need to do anything from here on out if you've already purchased a base kit. Big ups to Binge for all the hard work, his reputation can't be denied - this dude is a badass.

Because of the aforementioned badassery, we thought you'd like to know - we ended up with some extra Bingecaps!

From now until the end of the GB (11:59pm PST 02/07/17), we will be picking 4 random *new* Base kit purchasers and 4 previous already-bought-Base kit peoples (for a total of 8!) to win a limited-edition Bingecap. Whoa.

We will be adding a GB Status page to TKC next week, so everyone stays in the loop. As always, if you need us: reply to this post, email us at orders@thekey.company.

Thanks. =)

<3,
/u/M1keh0nch0 and /u/unclebrudy

UPDATE 1/29/2017
Three weeks in, and we again want to start by thanking everyone for supporting TKC and Terminal. What started internally as a “Wouldn’t this be cool?” idea is now reality. Oh yeah, baby.

If you remember in our last update, the N9 Ergodox Kit and Terminal International Essentials Kit were in dire need of a jump start. Out of the gate and halfway through, neither kit looked like it would tip MOQ.

This is one of those good news, bad news situations.

Ergodox peeps…drum roll…you did it! It was a nail-biter for sure, but everyone pulled through magnificently. The N9 Ergodox Kit has tipped. Ergonomic high fives to everyone! We cannot wait to see Dox’s decked out in Terminal, Hydro, Sky Dolch, and whatever other cool combos you fellas come up with.

Ugh, and now the hard part. It truly pains us to announce that the International Essentials Kit is highly unlikely to happen. We will be completely transparent - MOQ is 150, and we are sitting at 22 ordered. We intended to stock the kit for a few future purchases, but we don’t feel confident that the demand is there, now or in the future of this round of Terminal. There is great potential for an affordable barebones GMK international kit to tip, such as Wodan’s layout that we based Terminal’s on. We tried our best but for now, we want to apologize for letting those who wanted the kit down. If you’re one of the 22 who consider this a dealbreaker, please email us if you’d like to cancel your entire order. We’ll still love you, and we commend you for a valiant effort! For those who do not cancel, we will begin processing refunds for the International Essentials Kit upon the close of the GB 02/07/17.

Phew. Tough part’s over. >Terminal_ is happening, and you’re all awesome. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, criticisms, opinions, nudes, advice, orders, and for being part of this great community.

Order Here

TL;DR: 
We thank you for your support. 
One week till close of gb. 
Essentials orders can be fully refunded, we will not hit MOQ. 
Base and Ergo are fully tipped!

UPDATE 1/16/2016
157772-9
Hello everyone!
First, we want to simply say thanks. All of you give us the warm fuzzies. >Terminal_'s GB got off to a bang, and it's because of your support that this is becoming a reality.
Base hit tier 1 MOQ last Wednesday - we didn't expect to get there so quickly! If we had recorded our respective reactions you'd see pure, unadulterated giddiness. Maybe it was good idea we didn't or you'd have seen 2 grown men squealing like bridesmaids.
The AE spacebar 3-pack is more than halfway to MOQ. We're glad this accent is something people are excited about. Cables are proving popular as well (which isn't a surprise considering 90N1NE's l337 skillz) - don't forget a mousepad and stickers if you feel like further accessorizing!
Queue everyone sitting in a circle Indian style: N9 Ergodox and International Essentials, while not on life support, could use a kick in the pants. A week and a day into the GB, we were hoping for around double where we are at right now with each kit. Tell your friends, tell your parents, tell your cat! We will keep a close eye on both kits, and reassess and update everyone when we get halfway-ish through the buy. Believe that we will do our best to pick up the slack and ensure both kits tip, because that would be freaking swell. Don't forget that the Ergodox kit doesn't just support Terminal, but a whole slew of sexy GMK sets.
That is pretty much it for now. You all are awesome, we mean that. Thanks for believing in >Terminal_ and TKC. =) <3
You can reach out to us here or mailto:orders@thekey.company
edit Annnnd while writing this post we got an order for both N9 Ergodox and Essentials. Sloppy canine kisses all around.Now live. Details at https://thekey.company/

Please like our page on Facebook for updates and new product releases

https://www.facebook.com/TheKeyDOTcompany/

157057-10
157059-11
157061-12

Estimated to ship in mid-June. Please ask any questions through our website. I will update this post to be more comprehensive tomorrow. Thanks for viewing!
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 June 2017, 21:02:05 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline Pdub

Re: [GB] GMK >Terminal_
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 19:05:02 »
When is it open until?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 22:50:30 »
keyboards.

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 06:24:19 »
Please ask any questions through our website.

How do I ask questions on your website?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 07:40:39 »

I really like this set, but I'm worried that having hidden it in a vendor subform can take away some visibility. I hope that's not the case obviously.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:11:13 »

I really like this set, but I'm worried that having hidden it in a vendor subform can take away some visibility. I hope that's not the case obviously.

They've moved a lot of posts to this vendor sub forum. Can't say I like it either as now it's a ton of work to just browse everything for sale.
keyboards.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: [GB] GMK &gt;Terminal_
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:31:01 »

They've moved a lot of posts to this vendor sub forum. Can't say I like it either as now it's a ton of work to just browse everything for sale.
The reason is that the GB section has typically been for community ran gb's. We will be working on getting some clarification in the rules for this.

As long as vendors use their space effectively, then there shouldn't be a breakdown. Always keep an eye on the currently running GB thread if there are any questions as to what is open at the moment.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 08:45:58 »
when you ship it, can you undervalue it for the people in europe?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:42:45 »
What's that smilies on the win key?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:44:03 »
The renderings on your website seem very low res, when compared to the ones on gh.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 07:03:43 »
I love the black key included in the International pack :)

Is there any easy way to see how sales are going for this?  I really want the International  Pack to drop

Thanks

Offline graefeln

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 08:00:33 »
I love the black key included in the International pack :)

Is there any easy way to see how sales are going for this?  I really want the International  Pack to drop

Thanks

From an hour or so ago on reddit:
Queue everyone sitting in a circle Indian style: N9 Ergodox and International Essentials, while not on life support, could use a kick in the pants. A week and a day into the GB, we were hoping for around double where we are at right now with each kit.

Not exact numbers, but still not good... really hoping for that ergodox kit!

Offline Ozbourn

Re: [GB] GMK >Terminal_ UPDATE 01/16/2016
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 18:32:37 »
Can you comment on which green is more accurate to final product? The two photos look very different...

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 18:55:00 »
Can you comment on which green is more accurate to final product? The two photos look very different...

Look for photos of Royal Alpha, the bright mods of RA share the same color code (AE) with Terminal.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 23:05:21 »
terminal is probably as close as GMK can get to DCS toxic without going to a custom color

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 01:25:22 »
terminal is probably as close as GMK can get to DCS toxic without going to a custom color

Show Image

To me Toxic has more yellow in it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:31:52 »
I don't know what to order anymore. So many offers  :))

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 11:51:09 »

Show Image

To me Toxic has more yellow in it.

yeah, i agree. would be a custom color by GMK

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 02:47:05 »
It's a shame that kits from GMK have to ship out of Europe, to the US, and back to Europe, so we get hit by import tax
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Re: [GB] GMK &gt;Terminal_ UPDATE 01/16/2016
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 15:39:33 »
It's a shame that kits from GMK have to ship out of Europe, to the US, and back to Europe, so we get hit by import tax
Yeah, this is so stupid :(

There really should be a loophole for this.

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline renne

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 01:19:39 »
paid.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 05:07:46 »
Well, if it would have been shipped inside EU the seller would have to collect VAT from the buyers, so the difference wouldn't be that huge (at least for me as VAT makes up for most of the import fees anyway).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 05:36:06 »
Well, if it would have been shipped inside EU the seller would have to collect VAT from the buyers, so the difference wouldn't be that huge (at least for me as VAT makes up for most of the import fees anyway).
Ooooooh because it was sold "from" the US

Offline tobsn

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 06:07:21 »

but technically shouldnt the US seller leave VAT off the product when selling to outside the country since the VAT is collected additionally on import?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 07:33:46 »
Ups
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:50:43 by GreyAmbience »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:40:07 »
Now that I have a Novatouch I have a board that this will look really nice on, so I'm in.  Between the Novatouch and getting topre/mx stems for my HHKB, I'm gonna really regret how much money I'll be spending on keycaps (have already gotten in on a couple GBs).

Offline soilheart

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:30:45 »

but technically shouldnt the US seller leave VAT off the product when selling to outside the country since the VAT is collected additionally on import?

Well, technically the US seller wouldn't need to "collect" VAT, but as GMK is required to collect VAT from their buyer if the caps are shipped within EU (and the buyer/reseller doesn't have an EU VAT number) the seller probably want to be reimbursed for the VAT costs (so they do not "collect" VAT per se.)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 16:05:17 »
Do you have any plan for an Extra keysets to sell after GB?

I'm so broke right now  :(

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Re: [GB] GMK >Terminal_ FINAL WEEK TO ORDER UPDATE
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 07:29:43 »
Noo0, damnit was just about to submit, MOQ on 150 with the international kit was also hard to beat :(

Offline tobsn

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:16:57 »

Well, technically the US seller wouldn't need to "collect" VAT, but as GMK is required to collect VAT from their buyer if the caps are shipped within EU (and the buyer/reseller doesn't have an EU VAT number) the seller probably want to be reimbursed for the VAT costs (so they do not "collect" VAT per se.)

I don't think they need to collect VAT from the buyer since it's b2b into another country, right?

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 08:45:52 »
I'm about to put in my order and I was going to get one of each kit. Should I even bother ordering the International kit? What are the chances that there are going to be ~125 international kits ordered in the last week?
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 09:54:20 by elfick »

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:20:43 »
Just put my order in! Sad to see the international kit didn't make it, so I got spacebars and a cable instead  :-*

I'm about to put in my order and I was going to get one of each kit. Should I even bother ordering the International kit? What are the chances that there are going to be ~125 international kits ordered in the last week?

Next to none I'm afraid. GB organizer pretty much declared the International pack dead.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 00:03:11 »
This set will work great for my next XD60 build. I'm in!

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 02:49:55 »
The fact is that the international addon pack should cost about $0.5 for each key.
When there are a few keys in an addon, the price is very high. When you reach about 60 keys, the price goes down to $0.5; so a group leader could for example virtually join some addons (when ordering to gmk) and then separate them on the base of what the partecipants did order.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Re: [GB] GMK >Terminal_ HWS Giveaway UPDATE & Final Days to order
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 07:53:36 »
Updated info RE: HWS giveaway!

159508-0159510-1

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Offline tobsn

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 08:29:45 »

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Hi! Btw. can you send out the packages to the EU undervalued? If you print the cost + shipping they will take that combined and add import tax + duty which is in Poland 32%...

Thanks!

Offline GreyAmbience

Re: [GB] GMK &gt;Terminal_ HWS Giveaway UPDATE & Final Days to order
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 08:48:03 »

Those look amazing!

Offline GreyAmbience

Re: [GB] GMK &gt;Terminal_ HWS Giveaway UPDATE & Final Days to order
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 08:48:26 »

Hi! Btw. can you send out the packages to the EU undervalued? If you print the cost + shipping they will take that combined and add import tax + duty which is in Poland 32%...

Thanks!
+1 for this!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 11:40:24 »
wow those are beautiful. :eek:

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 15:09:33 »

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooo damn Binge coming through in grand style! 
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 21:29:21 »
The fact is that the international addon pack should cost about $0.5 for each key.
When there are a few keys in an addon, the price is very high. When you reach about 60 keys, the price goes down to $0.5; so a group leader could for example virtually join some addons (when ordering to gmk) and then separate them on the base of what the partecipants did order.
But then you'd have to have the same amount of orders for all the combined kits. Terminal just showed that there isn't enough demand to do that. Even at a cheaper price, I'm not sure there is enough demand. I think the only thing that would have helped would be to pull the ISO keys from the main set and put them in the international kit.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 21:08:54 »
Got in at the last minute.  Thanks for an awesome set!   :thumb:

Offline JulienC

• Esc Artist
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:53:28 »
For a preview of how AE on N9 looks, check out the green Esc key from GMK Dolch:

HHKB

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 16:01:55 »
For a preview of how AE on N9 looks, check out the green Esc key from GMK Dolch:
Show Image

Show Image

Nice, thanks for this!

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Re: [GB] GMK >Terminal_ GMK Paid Delivery Scheduled for June
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 06:52:27 »
Post updated. GMK Paid up. Check out the blog post for more info.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 16:01:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

Looks great!  Super stoked.  June can't come soon enough!!!

Offline Data

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 13:26:57 »

w00t!

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 20:00:38 »

Very excited! Glad I joined in last minute. I'm loving it the more and more I look at it. Thanks for the update!

Offline Data

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 14:52:08 »
June feels like forever. :(