Author Topic: Sup from SoCAL!  (Read 1535 times)

Offline indohippo

Sup from SoCAL!
« on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 17:01:01 »
Hi! I always lurked around and just decided to join in on the fun. My first mechanical keyboard was the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 BF4 edition with cherry blues. I loved the keyboard but never really thought about keycaps, customization, full diy keyboards, 60% boards, etc. My friend told me about Massdrop and about how they have cool keyboards/caps/wristpads and I decided to check them out. I picked up a MagicForce 68 with Gatetron greens, but of course the 2 month wait got me looking for other things from other sources. I had Amazon Prime so I decided to check there and they had some basic keycaps. I picked up the Rosewill rubberized WASD kit from Amazon and was like oh this is cool, installed it on the Blackwidow and was fine with that for a while. Then picked up the Ducky One with cherry reds from Massdrop during Thanksgiving last year when they had it up with the little keychain bonus added. When I received my Magicforce keyboard I decided to search for a keycap set, I saw the Otaku set on MD and it seems like they weren't having it out anytime soon. Then I went to Signature Plastic's PMK site to look and of course it's out of stock so I just put my e-mail for the notice and waited it out. Around January they had them up and I decided to pick it up, I was on a budget at the time so I couldn't afford the Otaku's set modifiers and settled for just blank modifiers from them. From that I was also looking for artisan/novelty keycaps and found a few sites but prices were rough. Then found HKP through MK.com and went to their site, what a surprise it's all sold out. Their prices and quality seemed really great so I e-mailed them asking if they would re-release it at a future date but found out that they had some leftovers for the cherry and was able to get my hands on the one that I wanted. Sorry for the long intro and unnecessary story but who can stop typing on these boards we're all obsessed with. Thanks for reading!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sup from SoCAL!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 17:19:24 »
We need more SoCal peeps.  Welcome aboard!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 17:41:08 »
Welcome! It can be super addicting once you get deeper into keyboards, so keep your wallet close ;)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 18:14:52 »
We need more SoCal peeps.  Welcome aboard!  :)

there is a huge socal gh presence!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:05:31 »
Welcome! Fellow So Cal mechhead here. We sometimes have meet-ups (organized through Reddit I think) that you should totally attend! Lots of keebs, lots of fun people, and everyone's super friendly. Plus, it's the only place you can truly test out a multitude of switches, boards, etc.