Author Topic: IBM M122 review (IBM buckling springs)  (Read 3479 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
IBM M122 review (IBM buckling springs)
« on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:35:47 »
Today we look at the Battleship M, the M brother of the F122, and the older version of the "battlecruiser" M122. Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline taylorswiftttttt

Re: IBM M122 review (IBM buckling springs)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:42:37 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2022, 16:19:15 by taylorswiftttttt »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 13:44:57 »
Great review! I don't think you mentioned this, but some early M122s, the ones that have the Model F style feet, can also have the stepped ctrl and alt keycaps.
Yes, I mentioned that in passin in the Keycaps bit ;) .

Offline atarione

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 01:31:55 »
I had watched this review a little while ago.. good stuff..  I like your videos keep up the good work.

informative review indeed... I sort of want a model m.. but I feel like it will be too big for my desk setup and the noise would probably drive my wife crazy.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 12:13:13 »
I had watched this review a little while ago.. good stuff..  I like your videos keep up the good work.

informative review indeed... I sort of want a model m.. but I feel like it will be too big for my desk setup and the noise would probably drive my wife crazy.

I think you're confusing it with the F122 video, this one has only been out for 24 hours or so xD .

Offline atarione

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 12:38:08 »
I think you're confusing it with the F122 video, this one has only been out for 24 hours or so xD .

nah mate.. I had literally just watched the video before making the comment ... my wording may have not been optimally precise, but it was this new video I had watched.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 22:30:03 »
Another great review - thanks!

Yours looks a lot cleaner than the M122 I'm refurbishing at the moment.  But I'm still not finished with mine, which includes an ANSI mod and bolt mod along the way.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ