Author Topic: Fidget Spinners  (Read 22639 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Fidget Spinners
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:52:33 »
I don't need it... I haz stress balls.

yea stressball is the cheapest iteration of this type of hand toy..

It also helps me get rid of hate better --> squeeze harder.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:05:59 »

they teach you that it activates the positivity centers of your brain.. but you keep trying to xplain to them that positivity is what makes you angry in the first place..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 13:25:25 »

they teach you that it activates the positivity centers of your brain.. but you keep trying to xplain to them that positivity is what makes you angry in the first place..

yeah positivity gets me worked up pretty much. the world isn't fairy tales. when i'm being realistic everybody find me negative. it's no use having a conversation with most people around me: "have you seem obama's last proposed bill? it's ridiculous" and then the other person goes something like "but he's so handsome and dressed nicely. what's wrong with you? always so negative and in the details" and then they wonder why I hate people..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 13:34:52 »
My nieces and nephews are obsessed with these. One of 'em flips them at school, making himself a good few bucks. He gave me one the other day, and I'm going to put some amazing skateboard bearings in it to show him up.

Swiss?

You know it.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 17:20:59 »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 22:30:53 »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 00:19:02 »
I don't know what your budget is, but the best spinner on the market right now is the One Drop Trillium. Next drop should be soon. I was fortunate enough to get one on the first drop and it lives up to its hype.

Because of you I saw last months Mantis yoyo. I love blind boxes and I wish I knew about it before it sold out! How much was the spinner they made, looks pretty sweet.
One Drop is awesome, I missed out on their blind box as well. The spinner is 180$, but it's basically 2 spinners. It comes with titanium and brass weights.

What exactly makes a spinner "the best".

mechanically, spin time..   this is down to machining precision, and quality of the ball bearing.

I would guess  if they were able to do FEA on it  for wobble and aero dynamics, that would have an impact too, but it'd only make up for that last 10-20% of maximum spin time relative to mass..

Since FEA is expensive and require quite a high level of expertise and artistry, it's probably just not economical since you can just adjust weight
The longest spin time on the market is the rotablade stubby.  This spinner isn't far behind it in terms of spin time though. What makes it the best is the smoothness and quietness.
If all you're doing is watching it spin, you're not fidgeting, you're playing.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 05:15:45 »
What is the fun in these things? SOMEBODY EXPLAIN ME PLEAZ.

Is it like "holy ****" the precision of engineering? high quality time wasting? WAT IS IT

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:24:25 »

Is it like "holy ****" the precision of engineering? high quality time wasting? WAT IS IT

I'd imagine the experience is similar to haptic feedback but more likely to keep the user focused in on the feedback itself. Probably really soothing for people that suffer from sensory overload.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:30:54 »

I'd imagine the experience is similar to haptic feedback but more likely to keep the user focused in on the feedback itself. Probably really soothing for people that suffer from sensory overload.

A slinky is fun and novel when it came out,  and back in the day, it'd probably hold your attention for a few hours..

But in our fast pace, naked females everywhere world..   this lvl of stimulation  won't do it for ya'll for very long..  I'd say a few minutes and it'll be permanently on the shelf forever..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:46:13 »

i can see that... phaps i should try one.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:47:09 »

A slinky is fun and novel when it came out,  and back in the day, it'd probably hold your attention for a few hours..

But in our fast pace, naked females everywhere world..   this lvl of stimulation  won't do it for ya'll for very long..  I'd say a few minutes and it'll be permanently on the shelf forever..

wat? few minutes of pleasure and my GF is back on the shelf again? oh wait... i read that wrong hehe

bu yeah... i also never use my stressball anymore. i just go out and hit something or somebody

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 08:28:15 »

You'd be surprised. For some people all they need is the sensation of a different textile (feeling the surface of a vintage couch) and they're sensory problem is balanced for a while. Fidget spinners just attract the ladies better than a vintage couch  ;)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 08:37:05 »

You'd be surprised. For some people all they need is the sensation of a different textile (feeling the surface of a vintage couch) and they're sensory problem is balanced for a while. Fidget spinners just attract the ladies better than a vintage couch  ;)

I have to admit... I'm very sensitive to the feel and structure of patterns and surfaces of materials and fabric.

AM I AUTISTIC NOW?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 09:04:22 »

I have to admit... I'm very sensitive to the feel and structure of patterns and surfaces of materials and fabric.

AM I AUTISTIC NOW?

Damn-it *insert name* I'm a *insert profession* not a psychologist.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 20:27:10 »
Precision engineering? No, marketing bullsh*t.
It's something to twirl in your hand... A battery, thumbstick, pen or whatever you find on your desk serves the same purpose except that YOU have to do the twirling. Which is why these aren't really useful for fidgeters, you aren't doing anything.

These are toys.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 00:19:13 »
I'm just going to hold my skate deck on my lap and spin the wheels, such elegance, much spin, WOW

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 05:13:29 »
It's something to twirl in your hand... A battery, thumbstick, pen or whatever you find on your desk serves the same purpose except that YOU have to do the twirling. Which is why these aren't really useful for fidgeters, you aren't doing anything.

These are toys.

Right... so I'm set with my stress balls then. Time to carry on.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 10:08:15 »

These are toys.

There are many (including myself) who would disagree.  As I said before, I always had bloody fingernail beds, and zero fingernail length.  Now I don't.  It's quiet, and I just continually spin it (so I don't really care about spin time)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 10:24:24 »
I'm just going to hold my skate deck on my lap and spin the wheels, such elegance, much spin, WOW

Let's race. My fingerboard bearings vs your skateboard bearings ^-^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 12:27:25 »

Go go bones reds! Hehe

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 13:24:24 »

Go go bones reds! Hehe

Skunked by bones reds. dang

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 17:21:48 »

These are toys.

There are many (including myself) who would disagree.  As I said before, I always had bloody fingernail beds, and zero fingernail length.  Now I don't.  It's quiet, and I just continually spin it (so I don't really care about spin time)
You kind of just reinforced my point though...
Quiet is good, I agree, but this whole "BEST" because of engineering is ridiculous because as a fidgeter you don't actually need a long spin time, which is how many of these are being marketed.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 17:32:41 »

These are toys.

I can imagine. I had stress balls for that. When I started as an undergrad I just COULDN't focus, reading text longer than like 5 minutes straight. After that I started browsing... looking around if I were in the library... going into town buying stuff I don't need etc. So I bought myself a stress ball and kneaded the **** out of that thing. It worked... I started to get A's and A+'s. After a while, I took away the conditioning stimulus and voila. Longer periods of concentration gained.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 17:33:18 »

These are toys.

Quiet is good, I agree, but this whole "BEST" because of engineering is ridiculous because as a fidgeter you don't actually need a long spin time, which is how many of these are being marketed.

So it's more of a relaxing thing / to keep you busy?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 18:21:06 »

These are toys.

Your point is that they're just toys.  It doesn't matter how they are marketed- marketing is going to be changed in order to sell.  I'm just saying that for those that really need it for a purpose- those that were in before it became a fad- they have a real use.  So to dismiss them as toys is to base your conclusion fully on the marketing rather than the use.  Worry stones are another form of this.  Some people click their pens, so a quieter, more efficient one is of real use.  And yes, at certain times when I've been focusing for too long, the act of watching them (some people use tops for this) unwinds that stress.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 19:15:47 »

These are toys.

So it's more of a relaxing thing / to keep you busy?

Yes, it's a stress toy.
I guess my real complaint is with the name.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 00:44:00 »

Yes, it's a stress toy.

hahahahhahah.. you're right,  yea it does sound like an erotic female massager .. hahahahahhahahahaha

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:51:16 »

Yes, it's a stress toy.

hahahahhahah.. you're right,  yea it does sound like an erotic female massager .. hahahahahhahahahaha

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 07:05:53 »
A lot of kids (age 10-12) that I teach are getting into fidget spinners. Administration is probably going to ban them for some wonderful reason soon though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 08:40:09 »

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

eurpoeans always thinking up weird secs stuff..

/ confirmed

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 08:44:04 »

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

/ confirmed

cant help it. dats the way i am. Y U NO ACCEPT ME?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 08:51:31 »

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

/ confirmed
Damn straight.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:09:45 »

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

/ confirmed

Tp4 accepts all geekhackers except  those who would attempt to do harm to our brothers by selling them $60 o-rings..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:54:06 »

Fidge me FIDGE ME

Yeah... I can see that.

/ confirmed

Tp4 accepts all geekhackers except  those who would attempt to do harm to our brothers by selling them $60 o-rings..

i c wad you did there.. **kneads stressball furiously**

Offline Tachi

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 11:57:37 »
I'm a teacher and these are currently so huge if a kid in the class doesn't have one its surprising. Luckily for me they have now been banned as they are so annoying in a room with 35 of them!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 12:09:16 »
I'm a teacher and these are currently so huge if a kid in the class doesn't have one its surprising. Luckily for me they have now been banned as they are so annoying in a room with 35 of them!

Give me back my pokemon cards you Witch.. !!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 19:07:58 »
This guy at work had a fidget spinner and spins it all goddamn day making that whirring noise. I want to shove that thing down his ****ing throat and choke him with it.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 19:15:58 »
This guy at work had a fidget spinner and spins it all goddamn day making that whirring noise. I want to shove that thing down his ****ing throat and choke him with it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 19:21:50 »
Show Image

A preview of Wednesday's local paper

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 20:29:49 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 20:42:00 »
Remember when fidget spinners needed to be 3d printed? Those pics are a stark reminder as to why I follow zero people on Facebook :/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 21:17:30 »
Remember when fidget spinners needed to be 3d printed? Those pics are a stark reminder as to why I follow zero people on Facebook :/

People are the precise reason why Tp4 doesn't even use facebook..

Realized a long time ago that PEOPLE are the problem..

No more people, No more problems..

/Not a serial murderer

/Don't quote me for Serial murderer interest thread..

/No , that's not what all Serial Murderers say.. !!

Offline mrduul

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 01:57:42 »
what about astro jax yooo

Offline Alline Cliff

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 08:50:31 »
A lot of colleagues enjoyed it but I am not interested. I'd choose my stress ball instead.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 17:27:59 »
I spin the fidget daily... got if for birthday. But it cheap one.

Is an expensive one better? Does it spin better? Is the weight distribution better?

I need to get my geek on for a nice spinner. You know, to protect my virginity at the office.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 21:05:09 »

Is an expensive one better? Does it spin better? Is the weight distribution better?

I need to get my geek on for a nice spinner. You know, to protect my virginity at the office.

Start with a cheap one.

if you're still fiddling with it a couple of weeks later than think about getting a more expensive one.

All the kids at ny daughter's school had them, and she has 3 or 4 of them.

Now it seems that no-one is playing with them any more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 04:35:29 »

Start with a cheap one.

if you're still fiddling with it a couple of weeks later than think about getting a more expensive one.

All the kids at ny daughter's school had them, and she has 3 or 4 of them.

Now it seems that no-one is playing with them any more.

I use it occasionally, when I need to think or am reading and I need to hold something.

Offline typo

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 08:21:00 »
I am honestly sick and it feels good. With Parkinson's.  I have bought very expensive USA ones and they are all junk. I mean for a grand this is pitiful. The machining sucks, bearing off center etc. Nuts. Get the right Chinese one for $10 and it is way better, albeit not as fancy. The fancy sucks too though imo. I prefer one piece. It does not need to be art and rarely works then. Actually things like this and YoYo's are where the Chinese Excel. They have no problem outdoing US metal fab. Just have to know what to get. They make trash, and the best as well. The problem is US shops make them too fancy. Even simple ones like Axis Micros suck though imo. Amazingly we cannot compete with the Chinese here. For the record there are $1,000 Chinese ones too and they are wonderful. This, they show us how it is done. Like look at Bathgate. That is very nice, yes but it can hardly spin. It is a gosh darn spinner after all! I am not a kid bragging, rather an old man but have use for it. I guess depends what you want from it. It seems though US shops just cannot do good metal fab. Sharp edges, dents etc. I never disrespect the US but this appears to be the truth. Just not our Forte. To charge that is an insult though imo.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 09:09:33 »
I am honestly sick and it feels good. With Parkinson's.  I have bought very expensive USA ones and they are all junk. I mean for a grand this is pitiful. The machining sucks, bearing off center etc. Nuts. Get the right Chinese one for $10 and it is way better, albeit not as fancy. The fancy sucks too though imo. I prefer one piece. It does not need to be art and rarely works then. Actually things like this and YoYo's are where the Chinese Excel. They have no problem outdoing US metal fab. Just have to know what to get. They make trash, and the best as well. The problem is US shops make them too fancy. Even simple ones like Axis Micros suck though imo. Amazingly we cannot compete with the Chinese here. For the record there are $1,000 Chinese ones too and they are wonderful. This, they show us how it is done. Like look at Bathgate. That is very nice, yes but it can hardly spin. It is a gosh darn spinner after all! I am not a kid bragging, rather an old man but have use for it. I guess depends what you want from it. It seems though US shops just cannot do good metal fab. Sharp edges, dents etc. I never disrespect the US but this appears to be the truth. Just not our Forte. To charge that is an insult though imo.

100% veggies,  you're covered..  I don't think anything says veggies reverse parkinsons atm.. But perhaps they just not goin' the xtra mile..

If anything all the evidence suggests milk products lead TO parkinson..  and we see gallon of milk a day nonsense, and all these men growing manbewbs from drinking all that cow estrogen.. hahahahahaha