Author Topic: Hi from NZ  (Read 1189 times)

Offline bun

Hi from NZ
« on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 02:37:51 »
Hi All,

I don't usually post online as I either have nothing interesting to say or there are far smarter people already discussing things that know little about. But from the posts here you all seem pretty cool, so hopefully there's some room for a keyboard noob to post from time to time.

My daily driver for the last few years has been a black HHKB (with red esc). I remember finding out about this when reading through some thread on slashdot years ago. I didn't know anything about keyboards then but I looked it up and after one glance I knew I had to have it. At that time when I finally found one online it took ages to ship and cost me a small large fortune but i've never regretted the cost. In fact, I can safely say that i'd miss the lack of quality much more than the money if i'd bought something else.

I'm still learning about keyboards, keycaps, plastics, etc. I started seeing some really nice sets come onto my radar and wondered why they weren't being manufactured for the HHKB, so did a whole bunch of research and after quite some time ended up here. This seems like it's the hobby I never knew I wanted to spend all my money on. Unfortunately for my wallet I have expensive tastes, and even worse still it's a terminal condition. But at least I won't have to suffer it alone.... a problem shared and all that :)

Fin.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Hi from NZ
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 02:44:11 »
welcome!

i remember not being able to justify the cost of importing a hhkb down under, and it wasn't until i actually went to japan and saw them in stores that i finally bought one (much cheaper that way, if you're already there)

there are a lot of cool hhkbs in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40658.0