Author Topic: Road to (financial) ruin - trying to make my first artisans - made first artisan  (Read 2806 times)

Offline self_nonself

Greetings fellow keyboard and artisan lovers!

A few months ago I bought my first mechanical keyboard and fell in love with it. The more I learned about this community, the more I got into the idea of getting creative myself.
So I went out and bought some Sculpey and a handful of sculpting tools.

So, these are my first sculpts. Far from perfect, I know ; ) Please let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

I'm considering buying silicone and resin to make my first casts. I have to admit that I'm a little scared though. I have a feeling the road to my first artisan is going to be a long and bumpy one.

Edit: only the one on the far right was made by me. The others artisans were made by Aconic, Navacaps and Coz Caps!

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 August 2017, 00:59:34 by self_nonself »

Offline AuthenticDanger

Re: Road to (financial) ruin - trying to make my first artisans
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 14:16:30 »
Looks like the Koala is wide enough to bump/rub the caps next to it which would be an issue. Other than that, looks like a solid start.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline self_nonself

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 14:32:10 »
Thanks for the feedback!

It tried the koala on my keyboard and its ears don't bump the keys next to it - as long as they are a regular size. When I put it next to my fugu, the ears get in the way.

Offline self_nonself

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 16:10:12 »
Upate: made my first keycap! Still a lot of room for improvement but I'm super excited. Not sure if going with epoxy resin was the right decision. 175727-0

Offline klaushouse

I really like the clean definition on the yellow one great job! Keep it up!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Might want to specify that only the far right is your sculpt.

Looks rad!

Offline self_nonself

Oh dear, you're right! I forgot to add that the one on the right is my sculpt! I might get around to uploading a better picture tomorrow.

The yellow keycap is Goo by Aconic, the orange one is Mink by Navacaps and the white one on the left is Growler by Coz Caps. All great keycap makers!