Author Topic: Hello, World!  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Evilbirdy

Hello, World!
« on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:24:39 »
Hello, I have just found the amazing world of mechanical keyboards I own a Razer Chroma but I'm looking to make my own.

Offline raxander

Re: Hello, World!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:59:11 »
Welcome!  Do you know yet what layout you'll make yet, or still deciding?

Offline Evilbirdy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 19:05:17 »
I'm still very new, I like the basic layout that all gaming and office keyboards have. I know I do not like anything smaller than 100% and finding a PCB for 100% seems to be the struggle for me right now since I do not know the best place to look any suggestions?

Offline raxander

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 21:29:16 »
I haven't seen one of those around.  It's not only the PCB that will be a problem, though -- case and plate will be an issue.  There is a group buy happening for the GSX96 though which is pretty close to full-size:  https://mehkee.com/products/96kee?variant=47768389839

I don't have firsthand experience with it, but it's been a pretty popular DIY kit and I see lots of threads about them and people selling them on /r/mechmarket.  It seems to be a pretty cool layout.

If I really wanted a full-size custom I might buy a used one and disassemble it.  Or TKL kits are way more common if you'd consider having a separate numpad as an option.  Something like this:  https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0459/29/1420405163265.jpg

Good luck!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 19:47:01 »
Welcome :)

Yeah tenkey PCBs aren't really common.
The Matrix Lab users have a custom one but it was a limited thing.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!