Author Topic: Best keyboard for fast typing ?  (Read 28887 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: Best keyboard for fast typing ?
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 14:37:21 »
I understand what you mean by keyboard purchases being a drug.  I haven't bought a board in a long time.  IDK, 12 months, 18 months? My daily driver broke and I have to purchase another one and I'm looking at all the options I have and I don't think I can buy just one.  I'm about to relapse.

The best board/switch for typing speed will vary widely per person and there is no correct answer.  I will give you a few points which at least hold true for me.  I'm a "slow" typist compared to most on here.  On your average board with Brown switches I will hit like 65 wpm.  Now on a scissor type switch I can consistently add about 10 wpm. This is due to the shorter throw of the switch and the closer actuation point.  When typing for my fastest speed I will bottom out and push off the bottom to the next keystroke.

You may want to look into other types like scissor switches if speed is most important for you, at least for work. The type/weight of the keycap also plays a small part as well.  The cap will bounce back to the starting position faster if its lighter and thinner.  Most prefer a heavier/thicker PBT cap and while it feels nice, it does slow down the switch.  We're talking milliseconds here, but I'm just giving you a few potential factors.

KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 14:49:59 »
Speaking of fast typing, don't type fast, type smart…

Offline spedru

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 16:38:09 »
I'm not kidding in the slightest when I say the new-style Butterfly mechanism on the MacBook Pro is my personal fastest thus far; that is, the somewhat deeper-travel one, not to be confused with the one on the paper-thin MacBook. Reliability aside (I did in fact have to get a top case swap under the extended warranty program), the short travel, the snappiness of the metal domes underneath, and the precise – if timbrally inconsistent – auditory feedback, really all come together to produce something that I'm faster on than even my Tactile Pro or my grey-badge Model M, by a good 20 WPM by my testing.

Offline kohtachi

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 10:09:13 »
Probably a ego  keyboard.  But I vote topre!
FC500RC modded with mod-m switches, PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Gray/Dark Gray (Tai-Hao), and 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer mod  | REALFORCE R2 PFU Limited Edition  R2TLSABK 45g

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 18:20:44 »
These are self preference what you like but this is what most people told me. It seems that Topre is the best keyboard for fast typing i would recommend the 45G version for that unless you like heavy switches i would go for the Realforce 87u :).
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020