Author Topic: Modify Realforce Silent Slider with Leopold  (Read 3513 times)

Offline neolam

Modify Realforce Silent Slider with Leopold
« on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 00:17:04 »
Hi guys, i got a realforce 87U silent model and leopold fc660c....
and now i plan to change the silent topre into leopold....is it workable? and anything need to take note when doing it??

Offline sodiumjoe

Re: Modify Realforce Silent Slider with Leopold
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:03:42 »
and now i plan to change the silent topre into leopold....is it workable? and anything need to take note when doing it??
I'm planning on this same mod. I've done some research and it seems like it's a fairly straightforward slider swap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline neolam

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:12:09 »
I'm planning on this same mod. I've done some research and it seems like it's a fairly straightforward slider swap.

so the realforce slider originally got lubed?? because i am thinking wanna lube again before install into leopold....

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:58:26 »

so the realforce slider originally got lubed?? because i am thinking wanna lube again before install into leopold....

Sliders do not come lubed, as far as I know, so you will need to lube them yourself.

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 02:01:55 »

Sliders do not come lubed, as far as I know, so you will need to lube them yourself.
none of the topre boards I've opened were lubed. I believe you'll have to lube yourself.

Offline neolam

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 04:24:20 »
so the realforce silent slider without lube also can remain as silent on leopold board ??

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 06:36:31 »
Yes, the silencing mostly comes from the silencing ring on the slider, not lubrication.

And as far as I know Topre manufactures the FC660C and FC980C for Leopold, so all the components are compatible with other Topre boards. Leopold just picks the design/colors.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 06:44:28 »
so the realforce silent slider without lube also can remain as silent on leopold board ??

Correct, the pad is what silences it.

I personally didn't lube mine, but I know many people prefer to as it adds additional silencing and feels.

Offline neolam

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:32:01 »
wow really thanks alot guys...i try and do it now....hope can success....

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:32:58 »

Show Image

I personally didn't lube mine, but I know many people prefer to as it adds additional silencing and feels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there also a very slight height difference with the purple sliders?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:53:10 »

Show Image

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there also a very slight height difference with the purple sliders?

The legs on the purple slider are shorter and the barrel is longer, to accommodate the silencing ring, however they're still the same height as stock sliders.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 10:33:43 »

Show Image

The legs on the purple slider are shorter and the barrel is longer, to accommodate the silencing ring, however, they're still the same height as stock sliders.

Thanks for clarifying! I've been told that the purple sliders go for $2 per on the aftermarket, so may be a while before I test them out

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 12:19:25 »

Show Image

The legs on the purple slider are shorter and the barrel is longer, to accommodate the silencing ring, however, they're still the same height as stock sliders.

Thanks for clarifying! I've been told that the purple sliders go for $2 per on the aftermarket, so may be a while before I test them out

before i put mine up for sale i asked one or two folks what the going rate is, and $2 was confirmed. 

I include the silencing rings when I sold mine, make sure to check that detail out when shopping around. some sellers wont.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 13:20:12 »
before i put mine up for sale i asked one or two folks what the going rate is, and $2 was confirmed. 

I include the silencing rings when I sold mine, make sure to check that detail out when shopping around. some sellers wont.

Really? that's pretty lame. That's more important than the purple slider imo, at least if you care about silencing. KBDFans rings (120 for $25) are 0.2mm and seem to silence nearly as well as OEM or Hypersphere rings. And because it's so thin it shouldn't affect tactility as much w/ standard sliders.

Offline neolam

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 22:19:25 »
did the silent...amazing 45g silent on leopold....
but really scary when pull off the slider....

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:25:57 »
Yea, they're clipped in a bit, I use a fat pen (bottom of a sharpie) and just pop them out from the other side.

Congrats on your new silenced board.

Now you can get a Hasu controller and program your FC660C: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90317.0