Author Topic: Gnass Alt 61, need assistant  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
Gnass Alt 61, need assistant
« on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 20:40:19 »
Hello!
My friend recently bought this keyboard, Gnass Alt 61, for about $30, it seems it support leds

so my friend brought it to me and ask me to add leds to it.

here is the board:
180164-0
180166-1

The board itself seems to support RGB led but the switches are ... normal, black housing... so I think I just use normal led (and my friend said he's fine with it.)
Though after searching around, I have not found a way to control the led (toggle ON/OFF at least). The manual is in Chinese so it doesn't help. This seems to be their website: http://www.ganss.cn/index.php?id=98

also there is "DIP switches" but I don't know if it is in use

anyone know how to toggle led ON/OFF and change Capslock to Fn (the board may not support this) ?  :(

thank you for reading.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Re: Gnass Alt 61, need assistant
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:05:17 »
It looks like it supports the same RGB LED as the Zeal60. It also looks like its missing a controller in the lower-middle of the board, perhaps that is the RGB controller?

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:09:27 by Cocopah »

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 21:22:00 »
It looks like it supports the same RGB LED as the Zeal60. It also looks like its missing a controller in the lower-middle of the board, perhaps that is the RGB controller?

Show Image

Show Image

I see, though I did not know which key combination to toggle ON/OFF, installing the leds without that is a bit...

even though the board support RGB led, its switches are in black housing... so I don't think light can shine through, I think I should use in-switch 2 pins led instead, they will work, right?  :(

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 02:12:21 »
I found the key combination for led mode: Fn + \ |
there is mode that lit the led on pressed key, I guess it's will be replacement for "OFF mode"  :p