Author Topic: HHKB layout with Split Spacebars + Arrow Keys, using the KBDFans Tina-C case  (Read 4916 times)

Offline nguyenhimself

What I've always wanted is a layout that:
- Looks as aesthetic-pleasing as the HHKB, and...
- includes dedicated arrow keys, and...
- includes split space bars.

I got an idea after looking at all the various layouts for the Tina from KBDFans:

1. First, the Tina-C with its 7U spacebar

2. Second, the Tina-A with its split spacebar layout (Number 9)

Because both Tina-A and Tina-C uses the same DZ60 PCB and only different cases, I thought: Why don't I get a Tina-C case and then move keys around so they all satisfy my requirements:

And so, I managed to make this:

(The bottom row is just to show that it fits the Tina-C case)
Of course, the idea is to use al the buttons on the right, plus the 1U key up there, as arrow keys.

That said, as I'm still new to this, I'm not sure if the DZ60 plate would support this layout. That page for the plate quite confused me.

What do you guys think? Is it possible for me to get:

1. A Tina-C case.
2. A DZ60 PCB.
3. A DZ60 plate.

in order to create that dreamed layout of mine?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 December 2017, 01:14:11 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Tactile

This looks really interesting. Split spacebars rock. I also need to add, however, that as a HHKB and GH60 Rev C owner I think you arrow key OCD people are loony.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 December 2017, 13:41:52 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
+1 for split space, though I'm still trying to wean myself off the backspace in the top right corner.

I need dedicated arrows as I'm 50% operating my keyboard one-handed making layers a pain. That said, if I'm two-hand typing having arrows on layers under the alphas is great.

Offline nguyenhimself

This looks really interesting. Split spacebars rock. I also need to add, however, that as a HHKB and GH60 Rev C owner I think you arrow key OCD people are loony.

My job requires me to type and edit text in various UI apps, including photo and video editors. If I only live in a text editor, i would agree with you. But reality is a ***** 🙂

Offline nguyenhimself

What I hope is that someone with more knowledge than me would help confirm whether the DZ60 plate would fit my layout or not.

Offline 0ff1c1al

Did you ever figure this out? I have been thinking of doing the same thing with the DZ60 and the 5 degree case.

Offline nguyenhimself

I talked to KBDFans' Wei, and he confirmed that it could work. I however have since moved to working on an Alps build, so this idea is on hold for now 🙂