Author Topic: umm..cat hair.. anyone else have challanges keeping it out of keyboard?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline atarione

soo... my cat likes to hang out on my desk.. which is fine, he is welcome up here.. I do find myself struggling to get the cat hair out of the keyboard at times however..

as you can see Fitz is a big fan of borderlands 2.. that or he wants me to hurry up so he can do his podcast??

besides canned air how do y'all deal with cat hair in ur keyboards?
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 December 2017, 20:03:54 by atarione »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: umm..cat hair.. anyone else have challanges keeping it out of keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 20:05:07 »
i have trouble keeping cathair out of pretty much everything
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 20:38:46 »
you can shake it out, or you can keep a can of air around to blow it out of the board
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 21:00:24 »
You can also cultivate and eat it.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline atarione

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 21:31:25 »
i have trouble keeping cathair out of pretty much everything

yeah... true that my dream of having a shirt not covered in cat hair remains elusive.. mostly just gave up on any black t's or other shirts..

oh well cats are quite nice to have about so it is worth it.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 21:35:58 »
And this is why I LOVE open face keyboards. The gutters are just a hair and dust trap that gets more and more disgusting each day.

However, that only works on switches that could give a crap about contamination, like cherry switches. I wouldn't go open face with an alps board...

I don't own cats, but I do own dogs. I remember bringing a lint roller to work so an OCD coworker could dehair me everyday. She would hold her hand out as soon as she saw me, which was both embarrassing and helpful.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 21:41:13 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh