Author Topic: Fill up keyboard interior for a better sound/feel? (On Filco)  (Read 31451 times)

Offline duckboi

Re: Fill up keyboard interior for a better sound/feel? (On Filco)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 06:53:09 »
For the BananaSplit V2 build that I did a little while ago I used a chunk of a Lululemon yoga mat. It is the exact height of the standoffs in the aluminum case I used so it completely fills the void between the case and the pcb. Not only that, it's quite dense so it really dampens any sounds and adds a bit of weight to the board. One mat gave me enough material to cover my work table and have enough left over to fill probably a dozen boards.

https://imgur.com/a/eMBLi
Show Image

I just wanna say that I'm LOVING the look of that case bottom! you did a great job on that  :thumb:
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:51:55 »
Check out one of Felion1337's builds.(The gallery is in Swedish but the images are very descriptive)
He uses 5 mm foam sheets between plate and PCB, automotive bitumen sheets to fill cavities in the case and electrical tape where things make contact (such as under the Cherry stabilisers).

You don't have to cut out a square for each switch. I have also seen people cut strips that go only in-between the rows.

Offline bitzie

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:48:26 »
For the BananaSplit V2 build that I did a little while ago I used a chunk of a Lululemon yoga mat. It is the exact height of the standoffs in the aluminum case I used so it completely fills the void between the case and the pcb. Not only that, it's quite dense so it really dampens any sounds and adds a bit of weight to the board. One mat gave me enough material to cover my work table and have enough left over to fill probably a dozen boards.

https://imgur.com/a/eMBLi
Show Image

I just wanna say that I'm LOVING the look of that case bottom! you did a great job on that  :thumb:

Thanks! It was quite a bit of fun to do.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 01:06:52 »
Leopold  has a felt mat on the bottom of the board.  I have no idea what it does- maybe a sound dampener?
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline killyou

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 12:04:04 »
I put a 7mm layer of felt on my entire desk (looks nice and pleasant for the hands) as well as I stuffed it inside my Pok3r. Works great.